PDA

View Full Version : Help with PC demo instalation

Only TR lover
31-10-08, 13:32
When I try to extract the demo , it says error bigfile.000!! :confused::confused: What now?

Legend Killer
31-10-08, 13:33
Which download did you use there?

Only TR lover
31-10-08, 13:34
Link from trc.com

jaywalker
31-10-08, 13:35
Link from trc.com

just now, or earlier as the link was to a bittorrent site, then updated to our official link.

A few people have had problems with the download not fully completing due to sheer load on the server being unprecedented..

Only TR lover
31-10-08, 13:37
Can someone give me the link that is working?

jaywalker
31-10-08, 13:39
Can someone give me the link that is working?

top of the forn.. cant miss it :) says Tomb Raider Underworld PC demo `now online` go there :) its official now

Croft_Original
31-10-08, 13:43
Erm, is it normal for the demo to take so looooooong to download? It says it'll take over nine hours:eek: I've got broadband BTW.;) Or maybe this is because of the huge demand?

Croft.

daventry
31-10-08, 13:48
Im using the Link that Jay provided, 4 Hours to go ;)

jaywalker
31-10-08, 13:48
Erm, is it normal for the demo to take so looooooong to download? It says it'll take over nine hours:eek: I've got broadband BTW. Or maybe this is because of the huge demand?

Croft.

demand has been HUGE for this..

Croft_Original
31-10-08, 13:50
Im using the Link that Jay provided, 4 Hours to go ;)

Woah! You mean that long load is normal?

EDIT: Just saw Jaywalkers reply:) Looks like it is.:hea: Maybe I'll wait a while.

Croft.

daventry
31-10-08, 13:52
yup ;)

dais-vs-lara
31-10-08, 13:55
by me the download takes 10 hours:confused:
why sooo long ? it's 6 % now :(........

no wait 11 hours now, it's getting longer any minute.....

TRfan23
31-10-08, 13:56
just now, or earlier as the link was to a bittorrent site, then updated to our official link.

A few people have had problems with the download not fully completing due to sheer load on the server being unprecedented..

Arn't bittorent sites illegal?
Most torrents I know contain illegal instructions ;)

dais-vs-lara
31-10-08, 13:58
p.s now my donwload doesn't work anymore.... he stays stuck by 77,1 mb...... great.....

so probably no demo for me :(

jaywalker
31-10-08, 13:58
Arn't bittorent sites illegal?
Most torrents I know contain illegal instructions ;)

files on bittorrent can be legal, just its used a lot by illegal files too

Bastos
31-10-08, 14:06
i downloaded the torrent demo and i am also reporting problems with the installation!It says it is missing bigfile...:hea:

aussie500
31-10-08, 14:15
i downloaded the torrent demo and i am also reporting problems with the installation!It says it is missing bigfile...:hea:

The torrent you downloaded was corrupt, there was a second one uploaded that will fix yours in a very short time.

http://*****************/torrent/4478061

Download the torrent above, load it into your client saving the demo to the same place as the first torrent, before you start to download recheck the file. It will check and find your download is almost complete, start the file and it will be OK this time when it finishes.

nixnax
31-10-08, 14:18
I have a major problem too. I downloaded the Jay's file and installed it without problems. But when I try to open the file my vista just informs that "Tomb Raider Underworld has stopped working". Sometimes the setup starts first where you can adjust the bright and screenresolution etc. but when I try to start play it just crashs. I've tried to reinstall but no luck. I have radeon 3870 which should support shader 3 and even 4. Help me.. :)

daventry
31-10-08, 14:20
aaw, i hope my Winxp PC can handle it and i think you still remember my Requiements Jay. :)

Bastos
31-10-08, 14:21
The torrent you downloaded was corrupt, there was a second one uploaded that will fix yours in a very short time.

http://*****************/torrent/4478061

Download the torrent above, load it into your client saving the demo to the same place as the first torrent, before you start to download recheck the file. It will check and find your download is almost complete, start the file and it will be OK this time when it finishes.

thanks! im downloading from eidos link;)

dais-vs-lara
31-10-08, 14:22
aaw, i hope my Winxp PC can handle it and i think you still remember my Requiements Jay. :)

i hope it for you ,
and i hope my pc will handle it as well

it's 50 % now :D ......

krycekuva
31-10-08, 14:24
help!!!!

i have the game installed,.. i actually played it,.. but got out after a while to shower and now that i want to get in i cant find the aplication icon... its nowhere to be seen, nor on the default folder, nor nowhere,.. any idea what to do?...

daventry
31-10-08, 14:28
it's 50 % now :D ......49% :p

AnthonyShock1515
31-10-08, 14:34
When I try to extract the demo , it says error bigfile.000!! :confused::confused: What now?

It's confused.
...about it's sexuality.

Give it time.:p

Mine is running ok atm.

X-Offender
31-10-08, 14:52
Help! I installed correctly the demo, but I can't find anywhere the file to run the game. Any ideas where it may be?

IceColdLaraCroft
31-10-08, 15:00
Mine says failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings.....what do i do?

X-Offender
31-10-08, 15:00
Help! I installed correctly the demo, but I can't find anywhere the file to run the game. Any ideas where it may be?

Never mind, I found it.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-10-08, 15:15
I GIVE UP!

For me it seems like a classic case of "new" computer but not "new" parts. It just doesn't want to work for me no matter what I do to the settings. And I dl'd it off of the edios site.

For those of you that can enjoy it. I hope it is fun, but I'm just going to have to stay away from this site until after I have my copy of TR:U for the PS3.

Even though I've preordered my copy I'm not sure when I'll get it.

Anyway have fun :)
bye

ClassicCroft
31-10-08, 16:43
When i install the demo , it says: Bigfile 00 and (another name) is Corrupt! download an refresh file from this and install again , PS: THIS IS THE TRCRONICLES.COM VERSION!

:(

Lara_Zoz2006
31-10-08, 16:45
When i install the demo , it says: Bigfile 00 and (another name) is Corrupt! download an refresh file from this and install again , PS: THIS IS THE TRCRONICLES.COM VERSION!

:(

yup i done it 3 times like that im trying it one last time with a download manager Jay said it might work so maybe give that a go