PDA

View Full Version : asking for original Cd 1 demo??!!

sandramj
31-10-08, 15:06
I downloaded from official site, but when I start my installation it ask from me to insert original CD Tomb Raider demo. what to do? thanks

tlr online
31-10-08, 15:07
Please unpack the archive first, and then run the installation setup file.

Welcome. :wve:

Lara_Zoz2006
31-10-08, 15:11
Please unpack the archive first, and then run the installation setup file.

Welcome. :wve:

unpack the archive?

tlr online
31-10-08, 15:12
unpack the archive?

trudemopc.exe is an actual archive. Some programs (like WinRAR) will open them and allow you to browse the contents. If you click the setup.exe file in this manner, you will incur the above error.

Either.

Double-click trudemopc.exe and allow it to self-unpack and install
Unpack manually using WinRAR or WinZIP and run setup.exe

jaywalker
31-10-08, 15:12
unpack the archive?

its an self extracting exe created by WinRar. Either run the trudemopc.exe directly and have it extract itself to a folder of your choosing, or if you open within winrar, make sure you extract all the files not just the setup.exe

sandramj
31-10-08, 15:13
try to. but I got the message CRC failed in bigfile.000
unexpected end of archive. do what now?

Lara_Zoz2006
31-10-08, 15:14
its an self extracting exe created by WinRar. Either run the trudemopc.exe directly and have it extract itself to a folder of your choosing, or if you open within winrar, make sure you extract all the files not just the setup.exe

oh yer id that with the install i get an big cc error thing and with the set up i get insert disk lol

jaywalker
31-10-08, 15:14

unfortunately any error with extracting means your download didnt complete successfully :( only thing you can do is redownload and ensure it finished properly.

tlr online
31-10-08, 15:15

Please re-download the file. Is it corrupt.

Lara_Zoz2006
31-10-08, 15:16
Wow why is this happening to so many people today ?

sandramj
31-10-08, 15:17
ok, thanks everyone, I'll try downloading again.
Thanks

tlr online
31-10-08, 15:17

Probably because the server is getting hammered. Also, downloading huge files via the browser with some ISPs causes corruption. Always best to use a download manager and download in parts.

Lara_Zoz2006
31-10-08, 15:18
Probably because the server is getting hammered. Also, downloading huge files via the browser with some ISPs causes corruption. Always best to use a download manager and download in parts.

Yer im trying that now im on 27% at the mo got another 4 hours left yet hehehe

Blueraider
31-10-08, 15:19

I got the same error message. I started to download again. Another 7 hours to go. Again.

Lara_Zoz2006
31-10-08, 15:21
I got the same error message. I started to download again. Another 7 hours to go. Again.

heheh my 4th attempt today lol heheh been downloading since hlaf 7 this morning Uk

sandramj
31-10-08, 15:24
For the love of the game, I started downloading again. It took me 3 hours first time. But since, we waited for the game so long, this wont be long...

jeffrey van oort
31-10-08, 18:18

because the demo is big. :)

Blueraider
31-10-08, 18:35
I downloaded again. I took one of the Gamers Hell mirrors. This time it only took about 2,5 hours. And it works fine. Wow, great demo!

MarwelCroft
31-10-08, 19:22
Ja have that problem too... J don know, J downloaded the demo 3 times, and everytime is the same... Now J am trying to download it by torrent... But it's toooooooo slooooooow... J can't wait that much... J gonna die..:hea::hea::hea::cen: