PDA

View Full Version : TRU Demo Graphic Problem. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

decemberguy93
31-10-08, 17:27
I have a problem with my graphics on my computer. lara always gets covered in grey stuff and the game goes really slowly on my computer. i have passed everything except the video card itself, but i passed it's information.

i have a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family graphic card and i tried downloading some nvidia geforce graphic drivers but they don't seem to work on my laptop because they said that my computer window isn't windows vista 32bit but it is though.

i really need help because i'm actually going to pre-order this for PC! :(
PLEASE HELP, Thank you!

TRgirl08
31-10-08, 17:48
Sorry I don't know how to fix your problem but I have the same graphics card as you (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family) and I tried running the demo on my Vista laptop but it didn't work, it said 'Failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings', and I was told that my graphics card wasn't compatible for the game.

I'm just wondering did you have to install a certain driver to get your PC to run the game, cause I couldn't find the right driver!

Hope you find an answer to your problem too! :)

Ring_of_Fire
31-10-08, 17:57
You know I think it is easier if we could get in touch via Remote Assistance.

Suppose you are just doing something wrong?

NatlaCrazyness
31-10-08, 18:01
Intel graphics card? You are on a big trouble. The most important anwsers are bold.

1st, you can't download nVidia drivers if you have Intel! Isn't that logic?
2nd, I'm sorry you won't be able to play the demo with that integrated graphics card
3rd, you can't install nVidia drivers because you have a Intel graphics card, nVidia drivers are only for nVidia users and ATI drivers are only for ATI users.

Roger4300
31-10-08, 20:38
Intel graphics card? You are on a big trouble. The most important anwsers are bold.

1st, you can't download nVidia drivers if you have Intel! Isn't that logic?
2nd, I'm sorry you won't be able to play the demo with that integrated graphics card
3rd, you can't install nVidia drivers because you have a Intel graphics card, nVidia drivers are only for nVidia users and ATI drivers are only for ATI users.
In regards to point number two, is that completely confirmed? I have a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family graphic card and I updated the drivers and took care of the "Direct 3D"problem and I updated the audio drivers. Right now it is maxing out my CPU and i have things turned off or down and I am running 2 GHz Intel Core Duo processor and 2 GB ram. Is it really my graphics card or am I forgetting something important? I would love it if I could run this game on my computer as I have been looking forward to it for a very long time and I have no other way to play this game other than my computer.

TRgirl08
31-10-08, 20:44
I have a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family graphic card and I updated the drivers and took care of the "Direct 3D"problem.

Can I just ask how did you update your driver? What driver did you use? Thanks :)

Roger4300
31-10-08, 20:53
http://downloadcenter.intel.com the left it says "chipset" ---> laptop chipset ---> Mobile Intel (R) Express Chipset Family. click on on it and it will take you to another page with a drop down menu and select your operating system and go from there. Should work, if not let me know and I will double check

TRgirl08
31-10-08, 21:08
http://downloadcenter.intel.com

I tried clicking on the link and it says the page cannot be displayed....!! :(

OOoo its working now.....I will go try that and let you know!

NatlaCrazyness
31-10-08, 21:32
In regards to point number two, is that completely confirmed? I have a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family graphic card and I updated the drivers and took care of the "Direct 3D"problem and I updated the audio drivers. Right now it is maxing out my CPU and i have things turned off or down and I am running 2 GHz Intel Core Duo processor and 2 GB ram. Is it really my graphics card or am I forgetting something important? I would love it if I could run this game on my computer as I have been looking forward to it for a very long time and I have no other way to play this game other than my computer.

That's so... well how can you run TRU on a crap GPU :rolleyes:
Anyways I trust on you.

Roger4300
31-10-08, 21:42
thanks for the confirmation.... I saw that someone else has the same video card and it failed the systemsrequirementlab.com test and now i give up hope of running it on my laptop *sigh* I guess I will buy the PS3 version and bug that friend of mine who has a PS3...blast it, I was looking forward to playing the demo :(

Neteru
31-10-08, 21:43
thanks for the confirmation.... I saw that someone else has the same video card and it failed the systemsrequirementlab.com test and now i give up hope of running it on my laptop *sigh* I guess I will buy the PS3 version and bug that friend of mine who has a PS3...blast it, I was looking forward to playing the demo :(Mine fails the requirements too, but I can run it ... though it does crash after a while.

Roger4300
01-11-08, 07:08
mine runs as well but it is super laggy...incredibly annoying :hea:

decemberguy93
06-11-08, 00:35
i just found that the framrate only drops down when i'm in the ocean, but the only problem that occured in my demo is the graphics. lara goes really gray and some parrots in the scene etc.

i will try and buy a top notch graphic driver to spped things up for the game and graphic

EscondeR
06-11-08, 07:14
but the only problem that occured in my demo is the graphics. lara goes really gray and some parrots in the scene etc.

CLICKY (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tru.html) :)

Muhammad
06-11-08, 09:01
CLICKY (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tru.html) :)
That is one useful link, Alex :tmb:

abraham
07-11-08, 08:54
how they managed to get a FX to run? it only has Shadermodel 2.0??