PDA

View Full Version : PC Demo Problem: Poor framerate

hiver55
31-10-08, 16:33
Hi,

I am having a bad issue with the frame rate in the TRU PC Demo. I have to end up turning half the things of and turning other things to the lowest setting. This game looks crap like that. My computer is not top-notch but it can handle Assassins Creed pretty well so why not this?

My specs:

Vista Home Premium
2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU
nVidia GeForce 8600GT 1GB
2GB DDR2 RAM
19" LCD Screen

Whats with the annoying slow-downs that make me have to turn half the things off and other things down? Its very annoying as I would like to experience the demo with most of these graphical settings on/maxed out. Please helps thanks :)

HollabackBoy
31-10-08, 16:41
I'd suggest updating your video drivers.

NatlaCrazyness
31-10-08, 16:46
Yes. Update your videocard drivers, my TRU ran crap and then I remebered that I had 2006 drivers. After installing new drivers the game ran fine.

hiver55
31-10-08, 17:08
Where do I get the drivers from (direct link please?)

HollabackBoy
31-10-08, 17:29
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

hiver55
31-10-08, 17:32
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

The automatic tool says I have the latest drivers and dont need anymore.

NatlaCrazyness
31-10-08, 17:34
The automatic tool says I have the latest drivers and dont need anymore.

Don't use the automatic tool. Really. Use the manual tool that's recommended.

hiver55
31-10-08, 19:05
I downloaded the latest version and it didnt do anything to help. Any further help anyone?

extremelyalive
31-10-08, 19:19
I have the same graphic card. I'm downloading and I'll play the demo tomorrow, so that I can see if it's a general problem. ;)

Johnnay
31-10-08, 19:31
Hi,

I am having a bad issue with the frame rate in the TRU PC Demo. I have to end up turning half the things of and turning other things to the lowest setting. This game looks crap like that. My computer is not top-notch but it can handle Assassins Creed pretty well so why not this?

My specs:

Vista Home Premium
2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU
2GB DDR2 RAM
19" LCD Screen

Whats with the annoying slow-downs that make me have to turn half the things off and other things down? Its very annoying as I would like to experience the demo with most of these graphical settings on/maxed out. Please helps thanks :)

most likely the RAM. i have 2 gb of ram also and that is making the same slow downs too. i should suggest upgrading ram.

St4r
31-10-08, 19:35
The 8600 GT is not a performance monster. Try turning shadows off and maybe a lower resolution.

hiver55
01-11-08, 09:30
Granted that the 8600GT isnt all that, but seriously if I'm able to play AA fine with most things on/maxed out (but obviously not all) then why not TRU?

Also buying more RAM?! I dont think that RAM is the problem. And if it is then no wonder the PC gaming scene is dying if you need more than 2GB RAM just to play something fine then something is definitely wrong with PC gaming.

btc8
01-11-08, 14:24
Granted that the 8600GT isnt all that, but seriously if I'm able to play AA fine with most things on/maxed out (but obviously not all) then why not TRU?

Also buying more RAM?! I dont think that RAM is the problem. And if it is then no wonder the PC gaming scene is dying if you need more than 2GB RAM just to play something fine then something is definitely wrong with PC gaming.

People, you're misreading here: He has a 1 GIGABYTE 8600GT. I don't think it's your RAM at all-- 2GB of DDR2 should be more than enough.

Also, his buying of more RAM will be in vain if he has a 32-bit Vista (do you?) because it won't recognize the extra 2 GB to yield 4 GB total RAM unless he has a 64-bit Vista.

Plus, you have a rather high processor clock, and if you can play Assassin's Creed (I couldn't) then I think you'd be able to run this. I'm having a similar problem running this despite the fact that I've been able to run Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, and Bioshock at medium, medium, and high, respectively, in 1280.768 with frame rates b/t 40-45/s. I have a Core 2 Duo at 2.4 GHz (P8400), 4 GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce 9200M GTS at 256 MB, and Vista 64 bit. But I wasn't able to even run Assassin's Creed at my above resolutions or settings.

I just think that the game is not going to be optimized for certain cards, which sucks, because in today's gaming, support for the 9000 chipsets is a staple.

HollabackBoy
01-11-08, 14:40
I just think that the game is not going to be optimized for certain cards, which sucks, because in today's gaming, support for the 9000 chipsets is a staple.

That very well may be the problem. The demo works fine with minimal hiccups on my ATI 2600 XT with high quality textures, shadows, and lighting at 1680 x 1050 screen resolution. Maybe history is repeating itself because Legend had lower frame rates on nVidia cards as compared to ATI. The irony of it all is that TRU is advertised as a "way it's meant to be played" nVidia game.

EscondeR
01-11-08, 16:24
Hi,

My specs:

Vista Home Premium
2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU
2GB DDR2 RAM
19" LCD Screen

Run Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) and ARDiag.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/ardiag.exe) and post both reports.
Besides driver update you may need processes/free space optimisation.

hiver55
01-11-08, 17:58
It doesnt matter now. I turned the resolution down to 1024x768 in the in-game menu and then bumped up everything to max and it worked like a dream. Do all is well now :D

Thanks everyone for their advice.

btc8 I suggest you try turning the resolution to 1024x768 in the in-game settings. See if that helps you :) Your 9200 graphics card is also isnt as powerful as the 8600GT as far as I know so it could also be your graphics card that is holding you back.