PDA

View Full Version : Does the demo work with windows vista?

Scia
31-10-08, 17:44
It keeps telling me that it "failed to initialize direct3D with these settings"

I'm on Vista 64-bit :o

Nemo_91
31-10-08, 17:46
Yes, it does. Your graphics card isn't good enough.

Mr.Burns
31-10-08, 17:46
Yup. I'm running vista 64 as well and no problems so far. Hang on, I'll move this to the TRU sub forum.

What kind of graphics card are you running?

TRgirl08
31-10-08, 18:07
It keeps telling me that it "failed to initialize direct3D with these settings"

I'm on Vista 64-bit :o

I've got exactly the same problem. In an eariler thread I was told 'Your graphics card does not support sm3.0, so is unable to run the game'.

My graphics card is Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family but apparently I need to download the latest driver and see if the game will run then. Only problem is I've tried a lot of drivers off Intel's website and when I install them is comes up with the following message:

'The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computers manufacturer.'

So now I'm at a loss as I can't seem to find the driver I need....I don't know whether to just give up or if anyone has any other ideas!!?? Any help much appreciated!! :)

St4r
31-10-08, 18:12
^ Sounds like you tried to install a driver that wasn't made for your card. Unless the issue cannot be fixed with a proper and actual driver, it seems like your graphics card won't be able to handle the game.

Refer to Jay's FAQ, too.

jeffrey van oort
31-10-08, 18:20
I have it running on my vista laptop really fast.. I reckon the problem is with your graphics card:)

TRF
31-10-08, 19:44
It surely does...
I have Vista 32 and it works amazingly good...
No problem with anything, well, with the shiva getting done, but that's not part of the demo.. .lol