PDA

View Full Version : Underworld demo running slow :(

Compass
31-10-08, 20:13
Results from: Can I run it?
What do you recommend and what will it cost???
http://i34.************/21mw6tc.jpg

With the lowest settings small spaces are acting almost normal but big spaces are bit buggy :S :confused:

DA MAIN MAN
31-10-08, 20:20
Results from: Can I run it?
What do you recommend and what will it cost???
http://i34.************/21mw6tc.jpg

With the lowest settings small spaces are acting almost normal but big spaces are bit buggy :S :confused:

Very few people can run it smoothly on recommended so dont worry too much about that.

Your Ram is letting you down a bit. Also it may be to do with the fact that you may have lower stream processes (graphics card) which plays a bigger part than the memory of your graphics card.

Try and defrag;) and yes, due to the lighting effects, it will lag when you get to rather spacious places depending on the card.

Compass
01-11-08, 09:16
but eaven with these lowest settings it runs slow :( and it all looks crappyer than I saw on screenshots what do I need to ''buy'' to get a nice look :)?

EscondeR
01-11-08, 16:35
Add RAM at least to reach 2Gb limit (Vista is more resource consuming than XP) and buy a better video board.

Compass
09-11-08, 09:25
how expancive are those? can you show me some I can buy?

Compass
14-11-08, 18:35
No one who can tell me what to but to play TRU on just normal speed and just some good looking graphics?

EscondeR
14-11-08, 19:14
Don't bump the thread!

Go to www.dabs.com instead and look for recommended video board and 2Gb of Kingston/OCZ/Corsair RAM extra :)

Ring_of_Fire
14-11-08, 19:25
Or you can downgrade to Windows XP so that you don't have to buy any extra RAM, and buy only a Radeon HD 4870 graphics card. If that is too expensive then here is what you should get depending on the money you have.

Radeon HD 4870 > GeForce GTX 280 > Radeon HD 4850 > GeForce GTX 260 > GeForce 9800GTX+ > Radeon HD 4830

The CPU don't have to be upgraded unless a downgrade to XP and a new Graphics card or Windows Vista with an extra 256MB-2GB of RAM + Graphics card doesn't work.