PDA

View Full Version : ,"overclocking your card"

Tombraiderx08
01-11-08, 03:15
somebody on here suggested overclocking my card, whatever that means. Whats it mean, and how would i go about doing that?

irjudd
01-11-08, 03:16
It means pushing its clock speed beyond the manufacturers settings, and in the process overheating and frying it if you don't know what you're doing. All in all, not going to improve your gaming experience that much in most cases.

Tombraiderx08
01-11-08, 03:18
It means pushing its clock speed beyond the manufacturers settings, and in the process overheating and frying it if you don't know what you're doing. All in all, not going to improve your gaming experience that much in most cases. eeeep

tlr online
01-11-08, 03:19
If you don't know what overclocking means, I certainly do not recommend you attempt it. Not knowing what you're doing is the quickest way to melt your hardware.

Yes, I mean melt.

Tombraiderx08
01-11-08, 04:11
if you don't know what overclocking means, i certainly do not recommend you attempt it. Not knowing what you're doing is the quickest way to melt your hardware.

Yes, i mean melt. gah!!!!

EscondeR
01-11-08, 17:43
If you don't know what overclocking means, I certainly do not recommend you attempt it. Not knowing what you're doing is the quickest way to melt your hardware.

Yes, I mean melt.

Confirm.

Ward Dragon
01-11-08, 17:45
Overclocking is overrated anyway :p I'm playing on my brother's PC and he overclocked it a bit. It kept crashing every hour or so while I was playing The Witcher. I think the overclocking is the reason, but I don't know enough to undo it myself :o

NatlaCrazyness
01-11-08, 18:00

Yes, I mean melt.

I never tried to overclock because I've heard that burns the CPU or GPU
Anyways this is what happens on a bad overclock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzTNII9te1w&feature=related

How do I embbed videos here?

EscondeR
01-11-08, 18:07
Direct link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzTNII9te1w&feature=related

Embedded link:
DzTNII9te1w

Use the second variant :D

Lost_Soul
01-11-08, 18:17
Good to know. I was wondering what it was just yesterday. Mine's over clocked but not by me (obviously) but by the company I bought it from. :p

NatlaCrazyness
01-11-08, 18:45
Read the reason for editing.