PDA

View Full Version : Thailand load stutters and stops - Nvidia 7600 GT, 2 GB Ram!

drosera1
02-11-08, 15:36
When i load the Thailand level the writing scrolls slowly and then it stays on that screen and goes no further. Have a Nvidia 7600 GT, 2 Gb ram, 1.8 Ghz core 2 due processor. I`ve run all the diagnostic tools, i pass (in the middle), i have shader model 3 etc etc. I know this game is more demanding than Anniversary ( which runs perfect on my system with all setting maxed), but it really should run at it`s lowest settings. I develop websites for a living and know a fair amount about computers, but this has me stumped. My graphics card driver is updated, but not my audio card driver (Sigmatel high definition). Could it be that?

Aphrodite22
02-11-08, 16:26
same happens to me and blue screen of death appears and then reboots :(

Ring_of_Fire
02-11-08, 17:06
Don't know how much I can help you, but try this:

- Install the game on a *different* hard drive. Make sure it is a SATA 2 hard drive 10000-20000RPM for faster transfer of data. If you don't have a 10000RPM hard drive, the key is to have at least a SATA 2 7200RPM hard drive (not IDE), and then do a defrag.

Note: You don't have to defrag if you are playing the game on a secondary, empty hard drive. Your primary hard drive is where you OS should reside. Secondary strictly for games.

- The next step is to go to MSCONFIG, disable ALL startup apps and limit the # of OS services to:

1. Windows Audio/Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
2. Group Policy Client/Task Scheduler
3. Plug & Play

Restart computer, and run the game to what a 7600GT can handle.

If this doesn't work, then upgrade your graphics card to a GeForce 260-280 (or GeForce 9800GTX+) or perferably Radeon 4870.

Weird as to how the Xbox 360 loads TRU smoothly! :cen:

Notice if you have FRAPS running the game, the FPS drops when it is loading and rises AFTER loading. This is either a hard drive, RAM, or CPU/GPU issue. Combination of all perhaps - you need one heck of a balanced computer to match a console.

1.8 Ghz core 2 due processor
This is not really that fast of a processor to handle the OS, games, and the hardware componentsat the same time. The CPU needs to be the most powerful component in your system. Everything in your computer can lag up the CPU, not just games. Try 3.5-4.0GHz Dual Core. If not, then get a quad core. Anyway, upgrade to a good graphics card and hard drive first, then try upgrading the CPU later (if reducing the services, apps, and defragging doesn't work). :confused:

irjudd
02-11-08, 17:31
I've been unable to find any 20,000 RPM hard drives for sale. Could you post some links?

Ring_of_Fire
02-11-08, 17:36
Well there is the Western Digital WD Raptor X that is 10000RPM. And I heard Seagate has 15000RPM. 20000RPM might soon come out, do a Google search! :D

Anyway, I am betting on hard drive and CPU to load this game smoothly (not run). Running the game smoothly is dependent on RAM and graphics card (I think).

late-late
02-11-08, 18:35
I had the same problem with gf 7600gt when I had texture detail set to low. When I set it to normal it loaded & worked fine.

drosera1
03-11-08, 14:51
Thanx everyone, i have got it working now... It stutters a lot though. I never realised how much of a graphic-intensive game this would be. But no matter as i have a PS3 and was wanting to get a taste first, I LIKE!! Roll on mid November...

amiro1989
03-11-08, 18:37
Strangely enough, I happen to have an 7600GT as well, but the game just runs beautifully. Everything is at max, except the resolution, but still,everything looks great, and even though I happen to have some small issues with the frame rate (sometimes it slows down drastically, just to get better, seconds later)...

belter_21
03-11-08, 21:22
Strangely enough, I happen to have an 7600GT as well, but the game just runs beautifully. Everything is at max, except the resolution, but still,everything looks great, and even though I happen to have some small issues with the frame rate (sometimes it slows down drastically, just to get better, seconds later)...

7600gt remains a good card - if you update your drivers - many don't then wonder why they have issues