PDA

View Full Version : Demo error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-11-08, 01:05
I downloaded tomb raider underworld demo and when I ran the setup and pressed ok it said the message Failed to initialize Direct3D with current setting. I tried every possibility but it keeps saying the same message. If it help I have ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series. Is it my Display Adapter??????:hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::h ea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea:

jbrown013
05-11-08, 01:10
Bahahaha.

*chuckles lightly*

:D

Tombraiderx08
05-11-08, 01:11
theres a support section you knoww :)

aussie500
05-11-08, 12:15
I downloaded tomb raider underworld demo and when I ran the setup and pressed ok it said the message Failed to initialize Direct3D with current setting. I tried every possibility but it keeps saying the same message. If it help I have ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series. Is it my Display Adapter??????:hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::h ea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea::hea:

Perhaps you should have just checked what the system requirements were, your Display Adapter does not support pixel shader 3, so no you cannot run the game.

Hawke1000
05-11-08, 13:25

Errr....dude, unforunately your card first of all does not support shader model 3.0 so there you go, besides that.....even if it did, the bandwidth offered by the Xpress 200 series is insufficient to even run the game...I tried running it on my 7200GS (OVERCLOCKED) & it ran like a slideshow even at everything set to low...luckily I have my Dell XPS M1530 with an 8400M GS (Overclocked), now I run it at High details and max resolution :jmp:

Muhammad
05-11-08, 14:19
The demo should have displayed a message saying:" If you used this PC to play TR years ago, you probably can't run me."

Encore
05-11-08, 14:21
The demo should have displayed a message saying:" If you used this PC to play TR years ago, you probably can't run me."

:vlol: :tmb:

aussie500
06-11-08, 00:24

Well considering the requirements for Legend's next gen mode were only slightly lower, everybody playing all the games already had a test run to see if they could play next gen Tomb Raider.

TigerSoundNet
19-11-08, 09:35
:tmb:

A TRU shader2 as a totally seperate exe, for less complexity and footprint size, would have made some sense? :cool:

SunBeam
19-11-08, 10:14
This will never happen. CD is compelled by Eidos, which in turn has a contract with NVIDIA (see logo in all TRs?). Therefore, bouncing backwards - they make a game powered by a data center of GPU-driven NVIDIA VGAs, so they have to "boost" up the "market":

- "Hey, we want to sell a popular game here, we want support!"

- "Oh yeah? Ok, this is how it goes - you get all our support with latest tech, and you release the game FOR the latest tech; you sell, we sell; deal?"

DEAL!.. We suffer..

frigabond
20-11-08, 03:50
This will never happen. CD is compelled by Eidos, which in turn has a contract with NVIDIA (see logo in all TRs?). Therefore, bouncing backwards - they make a game powered by a data center of GPU-driven NVIDIA VGAs, so they have to "boost" up the "market":

- "Hey, we want to sell a popular game here, we want support!"

- "Oh yeah? Ok, this is how it goes - you get all our support with latest tech, and you release the game FOR the latest tech; you sell, we sell; deal?"

DEAL!.. We suffer..

Oh so true unfortunately. That being said at least it doesn't 'demand' dx10 and force a vista upgrade! lol