PDA

View Full Version : Father burned girl alive

Dorothy
01-04-04, 16:35
I saw a report about this story and I want to tell you about it to make you think about what happens especially to women on this planet and to state that Human Rights should always take precedence over multi-culturalism.

Maha from Lebanon lives in Germany, but when she chose the "wrong" fiancee, her father set fire to her and said this would make her so ugly, that a man would not look at her again.

Her relatives told her she should apologise to her father.

Her skin looks like crags now up to her lower lip.
Her fiancee left her, but nowadays she is married to a former school-friend and overjoyed at having been able to have a baby.
She says she always takes extra care to keep an eye out for her baby, because she is afraid her relatives might harm her child.

Kurtislover101
01-04-04, 16:51
I'd like to see the father get burned... :mad: :mad:

NatEcho
01-04-04, 16:53
This kind of events are on the news constantly... :(

Draco
01-04-04, 18:09
So it only happens because of men? I happen to know of a few women that killed their kids whether by drowning or baking them in the oven...

Titanium
01-04-04, 19:17
Originally posted by Adventurer:

Her relatives told her she should apologise to her father.
Why the heck should she apologise to her father???? :mad:

[ 01. April 2004, 20:19: Message edited by: Titanium ]

NatEcho
01-04-04, 20:04
Originally posted by Titanium:
Why the heck should she apologise to her father???? :mad: Due to costums different from ours.

bumb1ebee
02-04-04, 03:15
Baking them in the oven????!!!!! :eek:

I'd say this particular culture (or cultures) desperately needs to change or just disappear altogether, no offense.

galaxia2999
02-04-04, 03:31
omg!!! i would never apologise! she should have eloped!

Draco
02-04-04, 03:43
Originally posted by bumb1ebee:

I'd say this particular culture (or cultures) desperately needs to change or just disappear altogether, no offense.Actually the oven thing happened in the US...

Jade-1968
02-04-04, 07:31
Yes this kind of horror even happens here, in the US. Mothers drowning their children cause they think that they'd be better off dead. Mothers throwing their new born infants into garbage cans. Mothers cooking their child in the oven cause the dog told them to do it!!!! This crud goes on in every culture........ unfortunelty!! :mad: It's really tragic!!

the croft woman!
02-04-04, 09:06
:mad: Words cant express my anger and sadness and how sick this makes me feel! I really dont know what to say to this! :mad: :mad:

andromeda_eats
02-04-04, 13:42
:(

Draco
02-04-04, 18:09
It isn't anything new that's for sure... :(

Cato
02-04-04, 18:27
Adventurer: her father set fire to her and said this would make her so ugly, that a man would not look at her again.That's sick! I wanna stick this... this -grabs nearest object-..this PEN up his -error, disconnection-

TRChik
02-04-04, 19:49
that is so horrible :(

Raider Sunrise
02-04-04, 19:52
My God, this is sick. :mad:

Gabriel
02-04-04, 19:52
Did she choose a German fiancee??..

tazmine
02-04-04, 21:28
I think it is wonderful that she was able to find someone who looked beyond her facial scars, & could see her real beauty. I hope she can stay safe.

Most of the events that Draco mentioned were committed by mentally ill persons; what happened to this young woman is condoned by a lot of cultures. I see a big difference.

bumb1ebee
03-04-04, 04:31
Originally posted by Draco:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bumb1ebee:

I'd say this particular culture (or cultures) desperately needs to change or just disappear altogether, no offense.Actually the oven thing happened in the US...</font>[/QUOTE]Oh... I thought you were talking about something else (that the culture finds it acceptable) http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

Draco
03-04-04, 07:28
Originally posted by bumb1ebee:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Draco:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bumb1ebee:

I'd say this particular culture (or cultures) desperately needs to change or just disappear altogether, no offense.Actually the oven thing happened in the US...</font>[/QUOTE]Oh... I thought you were talking about something else (that the culture finds it acceptable) http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Oh no, but there was a time not long ago that it would have been...understandable if not acceptable...

tazmine
03-04-04, 22:37
What on earth are you talking about, Draco? What could be understandable in any culture about putting a child in an oven?

Draco
04-04-04, 00:16
What could be understandable about cannibalism, rape, molestation, murder, or abortion?

Society condemns many things, whether they be condemned by religion or a law, but that does not mean people don't consider them acceptable behavior...

On the world stage, what we view as moral and acceptable behavior is the minority. We haven't even been able to purge our own society of things we don't find acceptable, yet we expect other societies to 'see the light'...

I would say that the only difference between us and them is that we are making an effort to change...

tazmine
04-04-04, 00:31
In answer to your points: nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, everything.

If society condemns something, then doesn't that mean that most people do not find it acceptable? The law is often way behind society.

I see a big difference between a society that protects women and children, and one that says it's ok to maim or murder them.

Draco
04-04-04, 02:11
Now wait a sec, abortion is somehow lesser that any of the former?

the croft woman!
04-04-04, 07:29
sorry to but in, but i just wanna say in my opinion abortion is not acceptable under any circumstances, i feel strongly on this, its murder! if you aint prepared to get pregnant, you shouldnt be having sex, simple as.

carry on! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

vectra_sri
04-04-04, 07:44
Originally posted by the croft woman!:
sorry to but in, but i just wanna say in my opinion abortion is not acceptable under any circumstances, i feel strongly on this, its murder! if you aint prepared to get pregnant, you shouldnt be having sex, simple as.

carry on! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif if a person doesnt want to have kids, that doesnt mean they have to stop having sex, just means they have to be a bit more careful about it ;)

[ 04. April 2004, 08:53: Message edited by: Vectra Sri ]

the croft woman!
04-04-04, 13:39
i didnt mean that. i meant if a person is having sex they should be prepared to maybe becoming a parent.abortion is wrong full stop!

NatEcho
04-04-04, 16:08
A lot of opinions in here. Which is always healthy.

Don't get carried away. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif