PDA

View Full Version : Weird message that I possibly cannot fix...

chobits743
07-11-08, 11:46
Alright, so last night I pulled up my laptop to do some homework for college. After a while, I started getting weird messages, such as "you may be a victim of counterfeiting software..." I figured this was ok because I saw that my antivirus (Trend Micro OfficeScan Client) was updating, and it updated. Now I keep having the Vista notifications to enter a valid product key, that the one entered was invalid. It keeps knocking my wallpaper to a black screen, which I can fix by switching to Vista wallpapers. The only problem is that I have a laptop, which never came with windows vista cds or product keys for vista. I did reformat a couple of months ago, and it went smoothly after I figured it out. I have a set of 2 cd reformat/driver cds from toshiba. Should I worry or contact Toshiba for support?

EscondeR
07-11-08, 11:56
You were infected likely. Run ARDiag.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/ardiag.exe) and post the report here.

Jeet
08-11-08, 13:41
contact Toshiba for support

serious problem dude, may microsoft block or blacklisted you key not sure. if some of ur friend/foe steal you key then its possible. :p