PDA

View Full Version : "You like Tomb Raider?"

MattTR
10-11-08, 18:32
I'm very annoyed right now.. I just went to GameStop to put more money on my pre-order for Underworld and check and see if they have the strategy guide in yet when I was at the check out, someone next to in line commented saying "You like Tomb Raider?" and laughed. It made me feel so bad, but I didn't let it get to me, I felt like saying something else, but he walked off.

Why is it that people are so judgmental now days? Seriously, he's probaly another Uncharted PS3 fanboy.. :(

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

trXD
10-11-08, 18:34
lol thats the stupidest thing i have heard today.

If someone did that to me i would just raise an eyebrow.

TombRaiderLover
You should have stabbed him.

Seriously though, I don't get comments like that. Just comments from people who always assume I have a crush on Lara Croft. :rolleyes:

Evan C.
Because they rather play bull**** instead good games.Probably he was one of those who never can't even play 1 level without dying 45 times :p

Rivendell
10-11-08, 18:35
People have been hating on TR for years, that's their problem. Let them love what they love, whether that be TR or not - but don't descend to their level and insult their likes.

(I'm also getting annoyed at the amount of anti-Uncharted attitude on this website, but hey - what can be done about that? :p )

The most I've had on that level is an employee at Gamestation tell me he doesn't like how Lara Croft looks anymore, because she looks 'more and more plastic every year'.

TRhalloween
10-11-08, 18:35
I haven't.

You should have kicked his ass to show him that TR fans can be cold-blooded and should not be made fools of.

:p

You should have stabbed him.

I was going to say that but I didn't. Glad someone did though.

jeffrey van oort
10-11-08, 18:37
It is a game. What is the possible worst imaginable thing anybody could think about you if you like it?
Ignore them. TombRaider Rules!

MattTR
10-11-08, 18:37
(I'm also getting annoyed at the amount of anti-Uncharted attitude on this website, but hey - what can be done about that? :p )

Sorry Riv, I wasn't hating on Uncharted. :p

I haven't.

You should have kicked his ass to show him that TR fans can be cold-blooded and should not be made fools of.

I'm a big guy, I could have easily kicked his ass if he wanted to bring it on.. ;)

I gotta defend the Tomb Raider community! :)

tranniversary119
10-11-08, 18:38
I've had the opposite actually [gamestop] the guy told me that Legend+Anniversarys were great games. But I can see where you coming from people at school always laugh at me for it. God forbid you had to put a little thought/patience into the games you play :rolleyes:

Rydell
10-11-08, 18:38
I'm very annoyed right now.. I just went to GameStop to put more money on my pre-order for Underworld and check and see if they have the strategy guide in yet, and when I asked the guy at the desk someone next to me commented saying "You like Tomb Raider?" and laughed. It made me feel so bad, but I didn't let it get to me, I felt like saying something else, but he walked off.

Why is it that people are so judgmental now days? Seriously, he's probaly another Uncharted PS3 fanboy.. :(

First of all. Why do you care what some random nerd at a GameStop thinks?

Second of all. Why does it matter, that's one person. I've had nothing but positive experiences when talking to people about Tomb Raider Underworld. All of my friends are sick of me talking about it. But it's all fun anyway.

If someone said something similar when I went to EB I'd be all like "Yeah man, Tomb Raider rocks." Your a bit too sensitive if you ask me.

Like I can't understand why you care? Not trying to be harsh. :)

Nick56music
10-11-08, 18:39
I went to the German equivalent of GameStop and the guy there talked with me about Underworld. Was really surprised about that! I even convinced some friends (who really did hate Tomb Raider) to play the TRU Demo - and now - they are buying the full version. :D

TR93
10-11-08, 18:40
People at school think i'm mad for liking TR:p
But then again...That's at my school everyone is into the "Latest thing";)

If he said that to me...
I would boot him one up the backside....:tea:

Damn...these days some people don't know a game game or series when the see one:p

The guy probably has never played a decent Video game in his life:p

I don't see many people asking for in in the game shop in the town I live in either:(

I Need A Map
Pffffft it wouldnt have annoyed me in the slightest:p
But if he had said something worse than "you like Tomb Raider?" I would have nutted him!:cln:

X-Offender
Probably some 'tard GTA fan. People are so desperate these days.

Rileigh
Actually yes. Someone in my college was being mean about it, so I took revenge on their make up bag!!

Muhammad
10-11-08, 18:41
You should have made him feel uncomfortable, dude, and not let him get to you. :)

Jo269976
You should have just said that he's not paid to judge the customers interests.

KC Mraz
If that would had happened to me i would have said something like "Oh yes i do. You not? You are missing one hell of a game" and then leave i think.

Rydell
I think this thread should win an award for quickest response thread today. ;)

x2crazyidiot
Just comments from people who always assume I have a crush on Lara Croft. :rolleyes:

I got that comment earlier today :p
my friends used to bash TRU a couple of months ago, but now that they've played the demo, they love it! :D

touchthesky
10-11-08, 18:43
I hate to say this and it does not reflect my views at all but it is probably because you are male.

So many guys today are trying hard to keep up a macho image..it's pathetic.

Fortunately I've only ever had good comments from store-folk whilst Tomb-hunting.

One man spent about ten minutes attempting to describe how "incredibly hot" Alison Carroll is lol.

TRhalloween
10-11-08, 18:43
You should have just said that he's not paid to judge the customers interests.

But it wasn't the guy at the desk. It was a random customer.

da tomb raider!
10-11-08, 18:44
That's pathetic. It's fine to hate Tomb Raider, but to do something like that is just moronic.

Lenochka
10-11-08, 18:44
Meh, don't think of it as him making you look bad or anything... just think of it as the guy making himself look like an extreme douche. but yeah, things like that always happen around here aswell xD I guess we just need to get use to the fact that to most people TR is a washed up & extremely played out series.

X-Offender
10-11-08, 18:45
Matt, was he a customer or a GameStop employee?

MattTR
10-11-08, 18:45
I am not overly sensitive guys, I felt like saying more, but there were a lot of people there and I felt like an ass already, next time I'm going so stand my ground, I'm not letting idiots like this make me look like a fool, I just don't get why me liking Tomb Raider is something to laugh about? I've been a fan of the series since I was like 6 years old, why the hell would that matter to him? I just can stand how people are so judgmental.

Matt, was he a customer or a GameStop employee?

Person next to me in line, with about 5 other people behind me, I guess he made himself look retarded in front of everyone, no one seemed to care though. :rolleyes:

Piega
10-11-08, 18:48
People at work ask what do I get for my birthday wich was early oktober. I'm 35 by the way and a fan sinds tomb raider II.

I get Tomb Raider Underworld in November. I dont know what to ask as I have everything so I wait till November. It's the same every year, a PC title :)

I hear: Is there still being games made with Lara? And that is said in a tone if this is not possible. I hate to explain it as games sound so immature for a 35 old guy but I just love it. So I dont :) They cannot imagine how to drown into a world besides this one.

deceneu789
-You like Tomb Raider?

-Nope. I LOVE Tomb Raider. And i would love Tomb Raider more than your sister. :tea:

-DaNnEe..
I would have walked over to him and replyed "Yes, i do. What's your problem?"

Lara Croft Fan Joe
10-11-08, 18:50
I would have thrown him a superior look and said 'why do you smell of makrel'?
Who cares anyway? He probobly has no friends.

daventry
10-11-08, 18:51
Here on the South African Forum Boards they say that they dont like Tomb Raider because they dont play Chick Games. :confused:

I guess they are more of a GTA4 Violent Type of Game Players and it makes me feel so Allone to be the Only SA that Loves Tomb Raider. :(

I wonder how many South Africans will come to see Alison Caroll Potraying Lara Croft or just another Chick with Boobs. :pi:

Wicked
10-11-08, 18:51
I would've squeezed his balls and smiled.
"Yes I do"

Joke... no I dunno what I would've done... probably said something like: "And you like the powerpuff girls, right? No need to be jealous" :D

MattTR
10-11-08, 18:55
Well we got to live and learn I guess, next time this happens I'm going to stand my ground and explain to them how much Lara rocks my socks and maybe tell them to try Underworld or something and give it a chance, I mean I was just probably paranoid, I should have said more now that I think about it. The employee just smirked, didn't really say anything anyway.

tomobond875
10-11-08, 18:56
ha! yep, i get laughed at at school for liking tr. One time i beat up someone for laughing. Guess what? He liked uncharted. One time i went into game and and they give me a discount on anni because i was wearing a top with the legend logo on it. Great. Shows that gamestop SUCKS!

bivvy
10-11-08, 18:57
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, you know he really got you in the kicker. Tomb Raider is an awesome game, tell the idiot to stuff a pickle down his throat!

Rydell
I am not overly sensitive guys, I felt like saying more, but there were a lot of people there and I felt like an ass already, next time I'm going so stand my ground, I'm not letting idiots like this make me look like a fool, I just don't get why me liking Tomb Raider is something to laugh about? I've been a fan of the series since I was like 6 years old, why the hell would that matter to him? I just can stand how people are so judgmental.

I'm very annoyed right now.. I just went to GameStop to put more money on my pre-order for Underworld and check and see if they have the strategy guide in yet, and when I asked the guy at the desk someone next to me commented saying "You like Tomb Raider?" and laughed. It made me feel so bad, but I didn't let it get to me, I felt like saying something else, but he walked off.

All of those statements do make you sensitive to this. The fact that you felt the need to "stand your ground" proves this. It wasn't a big deal and not worth your time getting into it with him. Just letting you know.
Back to the point? Why do you care what a random nerd thinks? You shouldn't, but why do you? Because you feel the need to defend Lara and Tomb Raider? She's doing fine on her own. This shouldn't seem harsh I'm just trying to tell you "It's not worth you're time" to think about or even in the store act upon this. ^_^

Jo269976
But it wasn't the guy at the desk. It was a random customer.

Oh, my mistake, I must've misread.

Then same response minus the whole pay thing, say why your interests should have the slightest concern on him. :)

*laralover*
10-11-08, 18:58
What a jerk :cen: Iv only ever had one of my freinds who loves FPS argue with me for hours saying Lara is a cry baby why do people think shes so kickass and awesome blah blah TR is so easy! Saying this the first game i ever bought them was TRL soo i guese that explains it all :p

Muhammad
10-11-08, 18:58
Well we got to live and learn I guess, next time this happens I'm going to stand my ground and explain to them how much Lara rocks my socks and maybe tell them to try Underworld or something and give it a chance, I mean I was just probably paranoid, I should have said more now that I think about it. The employee just smirked, didn't really say anything anyway.
Or you could just kick his ass, either way is good.

MattTR
10-11-08, 19:01
All of those statements do make you sensitive to this. The fact that you felt the need to "stand your ground" proves this. It wasn't a big deal and not worth your time getting into it with him. Just letting you know.
Back to the point? Why do you care what a random nerd thinks? You shouldn't, but why do you? Because you feel the need to defend Lara and Tomb Raider? She's doing fine on her own. This shouldn't seem harsh I'm just trying to tell you "It's not worth you're time" to think about or even in the store act upon this. ^_^

Well it really doesn't bother me anymore, I really only made this thread to show how stupid I thought it was, and to see if anyone else had the problem.

If there is a next time, I'll just take a different approach is what I meant. :p

My close friends know I like Tomb Raider, and are cool with it, but it seems random people always make the comments, oh well.

Shauni0
10-11-08, 19:02
Ive got friends that don't like Tomb Raider and always say im stupid for constently playing the Demo and writing on these forums about the game ect. But when ever I ask why they disslike Tomb Raider.. It's always the same answers.. Because they can't 'be bothered with the puzzles because their to hard' which I can imagin is the same answer for most people that disslike the game. So just laugh at all the Tomb Raider haters cause we CAN be botherd to sit there and work out the puzzles and then SOLVE them, and they can't :]

Rydell
10-11-08, 19:06
Well it really doesn't bother me anymore, I really only made this thread to show how stupid I thought it was, and to see if anyone else had the problem.

If there is a next time, I'll just take a different approach is what I meant. :)

My close friends know I like Tomb Raider, and are cool with it, but it seems random people always make the comments, oh well.

A different approach, I hope that doesn't mean your going to go all smack down on him. Not worth the time like I said. :p

As for you're close friends? What's not to be cool about Tomb Raider, It's a hot chick you can control in dangerous enviroments? People who think otherwise are scarce and probably gay (nothing wrong with gay people though).

Anyway, I've had just about enough of this topic. Personally I think it's silly people are wasting their time responding to this thread, nothing against you Matt. That random nerd in Gamestop got what he wanted and wasted the last ten minutes of a lot of peoples lives. So I'm done here. ;)

Encore
10-11-08, 19:08

Ahahaha That phrase was so ironic.... You're making a judgment yourself. :p

Seriously, I've been told that countless times. Tomb Raider is perceived as a joke and I can think of a few reasons that justify that. But as long as I enjoy playing it why should I care what others think?

...That is, until the series is still worth playing, something I'm yet to decide. ;)

Kento
10-11-08, 19:08
Two friends of mine laughed at me when I told them TRU was the most expected game for me to come . They were saying things like " that is game is for childs :ton: " . We are all over 30 y.o., and they like shooters and those kind of games.
I lend them legend and Anniversary . They are both stuck and asking me what to do to continue :D :p.

tomobond875
10-11-08, 19:09
A different approach, I hope that doesn't mean your going to go all smack down on him. Not worth the time like I said. ;)

As for you're close friends? What's not to be cool about Tomb Raider, It's a hot chick you can control in dangerous enviroments? People who think otherwise are scarce and probably gay (nothing wrong with gay people though)
Anyway, I've had just about enough of this topic. Personally I think it's silly people are wasting their time responding to this thread, nothing against you Matt. That random nerd in Gamestop got what he wanted and wasted the last ten minutes of a lot of peoples lives. So I'm done here. ;)

:yik:

Trigger_happy

I like that game. he probably could tell you were an Xbox-fanboy! :D

Not, really, I have to say that the whole thing with dumping on any games that compete with TR, especially Uncharted, is stupid. That's a brilliant way to start the post, especially since the PS3 players actually get supported with Uncharted. Anyway, they only look slightly similar- ones about exploration, the opthers about plain old shooting.

Dapling
XD aah some people. I have freinds who dosnt like tomb raider "lara croft has no personalitey, no weakness shes just perfect BOORING!"

well they havent even played the game, I started asking them questions turns out they havent played them at all :D they have just decided not to like tomb raider or lara :D pfff

Your_Envy*
10-11-08, 19:13
It's the same with Harry Potter, Dapling. Some people never read it, not even hold a book in their hands, and they are saying "baaah, HP suucks, how can you read that, are you 8 years old?"

It's my decision which book I will read. And it's your decision which game will you play. So just ignore them. They are not worth it :)

Lara Croft Fan Joe
10-11-08, 19:14
People who think otherwise are scarce and probably gay (nothing wrong with gay people though).
You do realise that there are a fair few gay people on this forum who like Tomb Raider, don't you? People who don't like Tomb Raider don't like it because of reasons involving the gameplay eg. puzzles. Not because of sexuality. Plus, I'm sure nobody on this forum plays Tomb Raider because of a 'hot chick' as the centrepiece.

tomobond875
10-11-08, 19:15
It's the same with Harry Potter, Dapling. Some people never read it, not even hold a book in their hands, and they are saying "baaah, HP suucks, how can you read that, are you 8 years old?".

It's my decision which book I will read. And it's your decision which game will you play. So just ignore them. They are not worth it :)

Hell yeah! :) ^^^^ You never know.....

TRhalloween
10-11-08, 19:16
A different approach, I hope that doesn't mean your going to go all smack down on him. Not worth the time like I said. :p

As for you're close friends? What's not to be cool about Tomb Raider, It's a hot chick you can control in dangerous enviroments? People who think otherwise are scarce and probably gay (nothing wrong with gay people though).

Yet you use it as an accusation.

Good for you :rolleyes:

The first part of your comment was talking about your dislike for this guy then you pity people for making the same kind of post.

God Horus
10-11-08, 19:16
If that were me I would have whacked him in the head with something :p

edit - I just remembered once when I went to get Legend for PS2, the girl there was like "Wow, she still hasn't died yet?".

xXhayleyroxXx
10-11-08, 19:19
lol dnt let things like tht get to you :)
honestly, i get teased for liking it and i honestly dont care XD
xxx

MattTR

As others have said, sexuality has nothing to do with anything, it's just personal choice of genre. Some people prefer shooters over puzzles, action over adventure, it's just opinion, please don't bring people's sexuality into this.

Tomb-Dude
Wow... Thats a bit harsh.
I got the complete opposite responce when i pre-ordered mine.
He was like "Doesn't this tomb raider look amazing"
I stood there shocked for a few seconds and was "yeah it does." completly blown away by his responce to tomb raider
and then we started talking about the graphics zand how popular it might be so it depends on the price. And then he turns round and says. "Oh i pre-ordered you the collectors edition and the normal so when you come in on that day you have a choice."
I was gobbed smacked.

But i know how you feel when people say stuff to you because you like tomb raider. So i just tend to keep my gaming life to my self or to other friends who enjoy tomb raider. And not with anyone else :)

MMAN
10-11-08, 19:20
People who don't like Tomb Raider don't like it because of reasons involving the gameplay eg. puzzles. Not because of sexuality.

Hopefully most don't because of that but I've certainly seen people spout the overtly misogynistic idea (whether they didn't think it through or otherwise) that because they don't like the game anyone else who likes it must only do so for Lara.

tomobond875
10-11-08, 19:20
Wow... Thats a bit harsh.
I got the complete opposite responce when i pre-ordered mine.
He was like "Doesn't this tomb raider look amazing"
I stood there shocked for a few seconds and was "yeah it does." completly blown away by his responce to tomb raider
and then we started talking about the graphics zand how popular it might be so it depends on the price. And then he turns round and says. "Oh i pre-ordered you the collectors edition and the normal so when you come in on that day you have a choice."
I was gobbed smacked.

But i know how you feel when people say stuff to you because you like tomb raider. So i just tend to keep my gaming life to my self or to other friends who enjoy tomb raider. And not with anyone else :)

Holy carp!

touchthesky
10-11-08, 19:21
Want me to don Tomb Raider gear and come point my pistols at him, Matt :P?

Gamd1011
10-11-08, 19:22
People at school think I'm weird to like Tomb Raider. And say that its a girl game! :mad:

How SEXIST!

MattTR
Want me to don Tomb Raider gear and come point my pistols at him, Matt :P?

Sure, let's give him a real shooter game! :tmb:

Anleva
Am man I dont get why that always happens!

I whis I had gotten a penny for everytime someone said something like that about TR or Lara...And everytime it turned out they hadent even played it :rolleyes: Or tried 10 minutes of it 5 years ago *Arms crosed* I dunno some ppl just desides they're gonna hate something whitout any reason.

Rydell
10-11-08, 19:24
Honestly you people amaze me. I decided not to respond but after careful consideration I realized I would be no longer responding to talk about the original topic. But all of you took it the wrong way.

The comment about gay you took completely the wrong way. I was referring to casual gamers. A lot of them who play Tomb Raider do it because they enjoy controlling a hot female heroine. Not because they enjoy the sappy story or puzzels. When I said this I understood he was a casual gamer and didn't like Tomb Raider so I made the leap to say he was probably gay as a possible reason why he didn't like the series.

Not a big deal. Not an accusation, just a statement, and thought. Like I said, you took it the wrong way. It was one statement, not even a full scentance out of three paragraphs, honestly..

Hate me, shun me, do whatever. But you people have to nitpick at every little thing. It was one statement, not even a full scentence out of three paragraphs, honestly.

Jo269976
10-11-08, 19:26
I don't get how people can think our generation's hottest female icons (definetly top 3) shooting enemies while dodging traps in ancient temple/tombs etc. could be considered a "girl game", it appeals to all sorts of people in my opinion.

(Amoung the exploration and puzzle solving ofcourse.)

Tombraiderx08
10-11-08, 20:02

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? omg that loser face!!! i woulda been like, wait thats not appropriate, well, i woulda been like,"Yeah thats why you dropped out for a cruddy job at gamestop! You unsavory little runt!" (yay Jonell! :D)

nickless
10-11-08, 20:05
my friends tease me alllll the time :p
'you still gonna put the TOMB REIDER wallpaper?' (pronounced exacly as i wrote)
:P
but apart from that joke,no i haven't gotten the mean speach.but what the heck.let em play CS or whatever they play to only shoot :p if you like it,why care what other fools think?

Ahmad
10-11-08, 20:09
I remember that happened to me in Anniversary time
the seller said are you sure you want to buy this game?
I said yes!! O__o

he said it's not that good thought and I don't think anyone will buy it O__o

I reply you are here to sell things not to give a comments on what we have to buy

so don't bother your self about it ^__^

Portugalraider
10-11-08, 20:10
because the only good games now are GTA-like games (not saying they are bad games).

people now don't have pacient to play a good chalenging game, they prefer one where you can do what you want without the need of folowing a "boring" story...

SpongeBob Lover
10-11-08, 20:13
What an ass!!! :cen:

Quick! Tombraider fans unite and attack!!!!!

hehe :p

happens to me too, especially at school. but i never care, they dont know anything of adventure type video games. the fools

Lara Croft Fan Joe
10-11-08, 20:17
A lot of them who play Tomb Raider do it because they enjoy controlling a hot female heroine.
And obviously, graphics, storyline, and gameplay mean nothing? You do realise how sexist your somment is?

And what about females that play Tomb Raider 'casually'?

Rydell
10-11-08, 20:23
And obviously, graphics, storyline, and gameplay mean nothing? You do realise how sexist your somment is?

And what about females that play Tomb Raider 'casually'?

I'm talking about teenage boys here, not so much grown men and women. I'm pretty sure a grown man or women would not go into a gamestop and make a comment like what was said to Matt.

I can't handle dealing with you no longer because you're out to get me no matter what at this point. Graphics, storyline ect are important but a lot of gamers just like kicks and playing a beautiful woman. IT's FACT. Did you know when they made Final Fantasy X-2 they made all the playable characters attractive young women because they wanted to draw in the audience of teenage boys?

BESIDES THE POINT. IT WAS ONE SMALL COMMENT! Not even a full scentence. You just ignored the rest of my post. Three paragraphs! :mad: Yeah I'm ****ed, but I don't care at this point.

The word gay is thrown around constantly in our society. Yes we have more tolerance for gay's ect. But the fact remains people do use the word "Gay" often in our society usually to describe something negative. I used it once, get over yourself.

Philio
10-11-08, 20:26
That's pathetic. :rolleyes:

Lara's home
10-11-08, 20:26
I laugh at people like that. Most people who hates TR loves shooters for some reason...

tomobond875
10-11-08, 20:27
what, do they even exist? :p (lara croft fan joe)

Lara's home
10-11-08, 20:27
what, do they even exist? :p

Do what exist? Girl gamers? :p

Lara Croft Fan Joe
10-11-08, 20:29
I laugh at people like that. Most people who hates TR loves shooters for some reason...
Well, I hate shooters :p

jumoeder
10-11-08, 20:30
Well, I hate shooters :p

i love both:)

ccroft2003
10-11-08, 20:31
Ah don't worry about it Matt mate. There are a lot of plokers "english word" around.

And RIV, why not go down to their level? If you don't know them then why not? They started it and it's far more fun! hehe :D

tomobond875
10-11-08, 20:32
Do what exist? Girl gamers? :p

No. Hve you played call of duty online? Theres loads of girl gamers.

(and i was only joking)

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-11-08, 20:32
LOL a lot of people are like that with tr. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with it so much since I'm a girl. :p

lisa_croft
10-11-08, 20:33
PS3 Fanboy for sure!!

He probably just plays shi**y car games!

It has happened to me before! I just look at them and give them a big cheesy grin! :D

Tomb-Dude
10-11-08, 20:33
I'm talking about teenage boys here, not so much grown men and women. I'm pretty sure a grown man or women would not go into a gamestop and make a comment like what was said to Matt.

I can't handle dealing with you no longer because you're out to get me no matter what at this point. Graphics, storyline ect are important but a lot of gamers just like kicks and playing a beautiful woman. IT's FACT. Did you know when they made Final Fantasy X-2 they made all the playable characters attractive young women because they wanted to draw in the audience of teenage boys?

BESIDES THE POINT. IT WAS ONE SMALL COMMENT! Not even a full scentence. You just ignored the rest of my post. Three paragraphs! :mad: Yeah I'm ****ed, but I don't care at this point.

The word gay is thrown around constantly in our society. Yes we have more tolerance for gay's ect. But the fact remains people do use the word "Gay" often in our society usually to describe something negative. I used it once, get over yourself.

I know i'm not involved and don't think i'm getting on your back but i'm glad i read the rest of your post.
That teenage boy bit, sort of made me feel really small and like a needy male for a woman to get sex. I'm 16 and I don't play tomb raider for that, 1 because it's a game and seriously who would get excited over pixles :rolleyes: and 2, i love the expiriance.

Thats just how i felt but don't think i was getting on at you.
To the rest of what you said.

Small comments - I do agree some people can take them the wrong way and not read the rest of a the post but sometimes and i must agree that one little comment just sticks out even if it is only part of a sentence or what ever. But you know what some people are like act on their first responce ;)

The "gay" word. I'm straight and have gay friends. But that is try, if you use gay you in the wrong because it's such a negative word and people lash out at you. But if you say it to a gay they don't mind i've noticed it's only when a straight person is backing them up. But thats even when it's used in a friendly way? But I don't see why it is a negative comments/word honestly :confused:

But yeah, don't take things to heart on these forums. i've learnt to just let it go over my head lately. ;)

tomobond875
10-11-08, 20:34
Yea, i love both. Top two are tomb raider legend and call of duty 4.

Quasimodo
Everybody's gotta be a snob about something, I guess.

**LARA LOVER**
A similar thing happened to me. I whent to gamestop to preorder underworld and the dood laughed when I said Tomb Raider! But I could care less what other people think. I will lover Tomb Raider no matter what!!! :D

[Xmas]
10-11-08, 20:35
I asked the guy at the desk someone next to me commented saying "You like Tomb Raider?" and laughed.Lol! :) Sorry but he is total RETARD!

saskewoo
10-11-08, 20:35
When I say I like Tomb Raider I only hear "That's cool."
But I couldn't care less if some stranger thought TR sucked.
I know they're AWESOME games :D

CrystalGecko
10-11-08, 20:39
It is funny how some peoples attitudes are to games that do seem very popular (you get it when you say you are into The Sims as well).

Tomb Raider did for gaming what Sigourney Weaver did for the Sci-Fi/Horror Genre. It made a strong character who was a fairly good role model (rather than a screaming girly having to be rescued by some over muscled hero). It was also the first real 3D game (in my opinion) that offered puzzles, exploration as well as the combat - a bit of something for everyone. Tomb Raider 1 simply blew people away because it was different and it still does that to this day! The game engines may change & Lara has gone through so many different makeovers - she always looks different but she is still Lara!

I always loved played Tomb Raider for the locations, after playing through TR3 I felt like I had been on a world cruise. The South Pacific levels were so rich and exotic looking.

Now we have Legend/Anniversary with a much bigger gaming engine and on my PC they look stunning...I am a little dissappointed that I won't be able to play Underworld on my PC but I may do at a later date.

The music is also the best music (bar Myst Exile - yes my computer gaming experience is pretty limited) I have ever heard in a game. The same theme is there, the one thing that unites the whole series. Have they won any awards for the music yet?

So if anyone ever says TR is rubbish, tell them to take a look online as it has a huge fan base...as you say the people that don't like it probably prefer these nasty violent games that are coming out these days or are constantly online gaming on things like World Of Warcraft (I am always suspicious of games like those)

Just my opinions mind you,
CrystalGecko

PS - I am a girl but so what! Girls can play games too! I am also proud of myself at the moment as I am playing (finally) through Anniverasry on my PSP & doing really well. I am def gonna buy a better console!

tomobond875
10-11-08, 20:41
OK!!! seeriously! I didnt mean any offence on my comment..

fanoflaracroft
10-11-08, 20:44
Hmmm, you should see the people that sell these guides in my country. They'll try to rob you, and they'll make fun of you, they might even not sell you what you want.This what you have expirienced is just nothing, so why would you even care. I never care what the shop keepers tell me.

DanV
10-11-08, 20:46
Maybe he laughed because your face.

Angelus
10-11-08, 20:47
Three pages on this? :confused:

You like TR, he doesn't. He could have been less snobby about it, but it's not the end of the world.

TRhalloween
10-11-08, 20:50
omg that loser face!!! i woulda been like, wait thats not appropriate, well, i woulda been like,"Yeah thats why you dropped out for a cruddy job at gamestop! You unsavory little runt!" (yay Jonell! :D)

But he doesn't even work at Gamestop! :vlol:

Edsta
10-11-08, 20:54
I've had the exact same comment before, in a different context though.

It was when Chronicles was to be released if I remember correctly. A guy in a game store said "you don't like TR do you?" and at the time I was about 10 to 12 and I said "yes..." he went on to saying how it was unusual for a child to like a game that someone of his age finds too challenging.

To hell with whatever anyone says! It's a matter of taste, and I like the juicy taste of lushous TR :p

_Lam
10-11-08, 20:57
I never told people I like TR. It's my father who will buy the game. I don't know why I'm kinda shy about it.

Yunas Wish
10-11-08, 21:03
What a weird little guy :p I would never talk to someone I dont know just to mock at him, at his game and at his taste...ridiculous.

MattTR
10-11-08, 21:22

I never wanted this to be a war zone thread, I wanted to hear other people's thoughts on the situation and their experiences with something similar. Let's please not get upset about this.. I feel like I brought on a war. :(

Anyways, thanks for the responses everyone, very much appreciated. :hug:

ajrich17901
10-11-08, 21:33
You know what u should have done matt, u should have taken his butt down TR style, start screaming at at "Make sense this instant or i swear ill execute u where u stand!!! Then pistol whip him hahahaha. Nathan has nutin on our lara:D

Rydell
10-11-08, 21:39
That teenage boy bit, sort of made me feel really small and like a needy male for a woman to get sex. I'm 16 and I don't play tomb raider for that, 1 because it's a game and seriously who would get excited over pixles :rolleyes: and 2, i love the expiriance.

But you do not even apply to what I was saying about teenage boys who are casual gamers. Yes you are a teenage boy, so am I, but you're not a casual gamer because the fact is, you're on these forums.

Anyway @Matt

It's clear you didn't intend for this to become what it is. But the fact remains people on these forums people have a tendency to nit-pick and tear things apart. They do this often to TR games but recently some of the members on the forum decided to try it on one members comment on one of his posts. A.K.A me. Anyway.

oocladableeblah
10-11-08, 21:42
Really? When I went to gamestop (even though it isn't the same one) to preorder tru the person there was like "I played all the other ones never beat them, but I played them. They are good games."

ajrich17901
10-11-08, 21:46
Really? When I went to gamestop (even though it isn't the same one) to preorder tru the person there was like "I played all the other ones never beat them, but I played them. They are good games."

Thats how it is here, no one makes fun of the game O_o

dizzydoil
10-11-08, 21:48
Gamers don't make fun of games over here. It's those who don't play games who think it's 'gay' to play Tomb Raider.. that's pathetic, tbh. How is a game 'gay'? .. It's stupid, and rude.. and I'd be rich if I had a quid for everytime someone told me I'm gay for playing Tomb Raider :)... that's the pixel chick with the big boobs remember, yet I'm gay obv. (Don't mean to offend gays.. I don't think I did.)

I won't say what I do to people who disrespect the Tomb Raider community.. that's worth it's own thread. :mis::ohn:

silver_wolf
10-11-08, 22:03
eh...who cares what the underpaid store clerk thinks? Shoulda' said, "Yes, because I have the intellectual capacity to solve puzzles and do more than KILL KILL KILL!"

badboy70
10-11-08, 22:18
I would've given him the "huh" look and laugh :p

Ranshiin
10-11-08, 22:28
I've experienced this before. I went in to one of the two local Gamestops a few months ago to buy Tomb Raider: Legend for the 360 since it was so cheap ask if I could pre-order the Tomb Raider: Underworld strategy guide since you could do so online. The guy next to me asked, "Seriously? Tomb Raider? What're you going to preorder next? Some Barbie game?" He left before I could say anything, not that I was going to due to my shy personality. The clerk laughed and checked me out, telling me I was out of luck for the guide. Needless to say, the next day I went to the other Gamestop which was a mere mile away and pre-ordered TR:U there since they were a heck of a lot friendlier. So no, you aren't alone in this Matt.

And to get my two cents in the argument about "gays not playing TR", I am gay and I have played the games ever since the first one came out. If I played a game based on how hot a character was...well, I wouldn't be much of a gamer today. The main character's attractiveness doesn't motivate me to play any game. I play Tomb Raider because I find it very fun and a wonderful series. I love the stories and gameplay. It has nothing to do with how hot Lara looks. It's like saying if women don't play Uncharted, they are lesbians because the main character is hot. Don't mean to offend, just wanted to give my opinion :p

MadCroy101
10-11-08, 22:31
If someone said something like that to me, I would be ****ed, and throw the register at him:D

Azerutan
10-11-08, 22:39
LOL I have the opposite reaction all the time:D

Troy
11-11-08, 00:17
I get mad when people think that. Really, the main reason I like Tomb Raider is I like ancient sites and architecture. And I've discovered that Tomb Raiders have good stories, it's just an extra.

Altistar
11-11-08, 00:22
I sometimes get teased at work by my fellow employees, but I don't let it get to me, if I did, I would be a walking ulcer! LOL! :D

laracroftswest
11-11-08, 00:33
To me it sucks not knowing anybody who like Tomb Raider as much as I do. Hopefully the day will come.

Darko_2007
11-11-08, 01:04
I'd completely ignore that person I'd be like "Meh" I wouldn't care what others think, Tomb Raider is amazing I've been playing Tomb Raider since I was 12 (20) now :) I can't wait for Underworld it's truly gonna be the best game ever.
People like that are ignorant idiots I wouldn't waste words on someone like that. lol. :p Don't let it bother you. Now If was in a bad mood when someone said that to me. I'd throw the cash register at them and beat them senseless. lol (jk) ;) Now for Uncharted I enjoyed that game but it's no Tomb Raider it's "Dude Raider" lol.

TRLara Croft
11-11-08, 01:18
Sadly yes. I've had it happened. I've heard everything from, "What the h*** is that?" to "You play Tomb Raider?" ((Which I gladly give the 'no freaking duh' face to)) to "That game is the lamest, most worst piece of crap out there and you're wasting your money buying it!" Quite frankly I'd rather have them keep their opinions to themselves. And the people who do say those things I normally snap back, "Yeah. Just proves that I can solve puzzles like a freaking genius while you.. What?... Sit back twiddling your thumbs? Solving puzzles sound more fun then that." Otherwise I don't give it a second thought. Let them think what they want. If they don't like it fine... If they think I'm wierd because of it... whatever. I'm sorry this happened to you though. Freaking Croft haters!:hea:
And , bonus, I"m a girl who plays Tomb Raider games. So if any one says crap about girls not being able to play video games I'll take you down TR style.

Fallen.Angel
11-11-08, 01:21
Yeah, I've had that happen, somebody whom I went to school with, he thought my interest in both BloodRayne and Tomb Raider were pathetic. Saying they were obviously made for guys, and does not understand how some girls like it, or anybody in general, and went on saying that he even talked to a few girls who totally bashed Lara, and said the games weren't good at all.

I just told him to look at Tomb Raider's sales compared to the games he played. Obviously millions of others enjoy this game, and it's based on opinions. You can't change that. Some people may not like it, and many do. So what? Kind of chased him off.

deamonguardian
11-11-08, 01:24
my friends are really naruto freaks so we made a deal they can talk about naruto all they like and i won't tease them and i can talk about tomb raider as much as i want (tomb raider is so much better though!)

Encore
11-11-08, 01:25
Yeah, I've had that happen, somebody whom I went to school with, he thought my interest in both BloodRayne and Tomb Raider were pathetic. Saying they were obviously made for guys, and does not understand how some girls like it, or anybody in general, and went on saying that he even talked to a few girls who totally bashed Lara, and said the games weren't good at all.

I've often thought about it myself. :p

Admles
11-11-08, 01:56
Who cares if someone would say that?

The chances of you meeting this person again in your life are small, and by caring what they said you are only giving them power to upset / annoy you.

I'd have shrugged my shoulders and ignored them....... or made fun of whatever game they were buying ;)

Twilight
11-11-08, 02:04
I'm very annoyed right now.. I just went to GameStop to put more money on my pre-order for Underworld and check and see if they have the strategy guide in yet when I was at the check out, someone next to in line commented saying "You like Tomb Raider?" and laughed. It made me feel so bad, but I didn't let it get to me, I felt like saying something else, but he walked off.

people say stuff like that all the time about practically everything.

i would have responded:

"Yea, got a problem with that."

or if you've got the nerve

"Yea, got a ****ing problem with that."

and preorder it. it's you that's playing the game, since when did someone else's opinion on it matter than your own?

interstellardave
11-11-08, 03:41
At least it was a customer and not an employee! I've heard employees bash games and consoles before--with customers all around... what morons! They'd be fired on the spot if I was their manager. :p

MattTR
11-11-08, 03:44
Oh boy this thread is still going on? :p I created a monster.

Anyways, I'm going back to the same Gamestop tomorrow to buy the strategy guide, and I'm going to see what happens, hopefully a better turn out. I'm kind of excited to be honest, haha. :D

Anarae
11-11-08, 04:01
Most people who poke fun at Tomb Raider are people who have played it and were awful at it.

Okay, I admit I think Tomb Raider has gotten too generic recently, but after spoiling myself a bit, Underworld is going to be challenging to the casual gamer who isn't thinking like a Raider.

hera7days
11-11-08, 04:10
I've been lucky. I order all my copies of TR games online, so I never have to deal with people dissing TR.

But if I was in that situation, I'd just be like "Yeah, it's my favorite game." ...Although, what I'd really like to do is say, "Uh, yeah! What, you mean you don't like it?" and look at them like they're crazy. Hey, if you can't beat 'em, confuse 'em!

Tear
11-11-08, 04:26
Haha, I would've spent a couple extra hours in the store explaining every reason why TR is amazing! I don't care if he tried to walk off, I'd sit his ass down and make sure he listens!

People probably just see the cover and think it's a 'boob-fest', I don't know...

Sharon_14
11-11-08, 04:35
I dont get why many people care about Lara's boobs, they're not that big, you want boobies? you can... errr... nevermind.

Dixie
11-11-08, 04:36
Well you know what I would've told him: "You like my foot up your ass?"

igonge
11-11-08, 06:14
My friends think I only play Tomb Raider because of Lara's boobage.

Well one of them played some of the games and thinks they're awesome.

TombRaiderLover
11-11-08, 06:40
It's stupid, and rude.. and I'd be rich if I had a quid for everytime someone told me I'm gay for playing Tomb Raider :)... that's the pixel chick with the big boobs remember, yet I'm gay obv. (Don't mean to offend gays.. I don't think I did.)

Funny that you say that . . . I'm pretty sure I've been called gay for liking Tomb Raider, then I used pretty much exactly that "big boobs" comment as a comeback. :p

MyRaider4Life
11-11-08, 07:09
The guy was probably buying the new Barbie game. :)

Dream_Raider
11-11-08, 08:17
^ :vlol:

nyways, in a situation like this, I'd raise an eyebrow n this is how it would go...

Annoying freak- "You like Tomb Raider?"
Me- *raises eyebrow and looks at him as if he's something disgusting I found lying in a garbage bin* "Yeah..."
Annoying freak- "That is laame"
Me- *punch* would you like to guess where I learned that from? Not from the Barbie Games you play(got that from MyRaider4Life :p), I'll tell you that much"
.....Then I'd do this :ton: , make it a point to step on him, and leave. Lol...

Tomb Raider rox 4eva!

<EDIT> TR has been commented on in my presence, but the comment wasn't directed at me. a guy was like, "Tomb Raider? Ew, it's such a girly game!" I let it go(tho i regret the decision), he was like, a KID....

Helegad
11-11-08, 08:25
Wouldn't it be funny if the dude was gonna put money down on TR Underworld too :P

tomkat
11-11-08, 08:27
Yeah thats happened to me to.. people love judging you by the games you like?
A little strange.
Actually everyone does it... People who dont play games judge you for being a "gamer" (and insinuate that you're a computernerd and geek therefore)... thats just people being people. I think its funny actually, watching them being stereotypes and then laughing at you & I.

Im not ashamed of my taste, and If I want to buy Tomb Raider I will... Geez. If I want to buy some pony puff princess tinkerbell game, thats also cool, because thats what I want to do.

I know the beauty of hindsight here would be people with witty comments you could have replied, the cool stuff you wish you had said and the comments a movie character you would have said, but you had the right response to just ignore and move on. You dont have to explain yourself to anyone. Congrads :)

shadows
11-11-08, 08:37

This days people usually like shooters, brain-dead games where you just kill everything around you and that`s it. They forgot about games where you have to think, to solve puzzles, to care about characters and so on.

Well, If I were you I`ve also felt bad. But it`s nothing to worry about. Just be happy you`re a fan of TR! TR RULZ!

Lintal
11-11-08, 09:21
Yeah this isn't very nice.

my friends dont really dis me for liking it but they just think the games kinda lame and boring. which it isnt.

Angelx14
11-11-08, 09:26
Lol, why would you even care of his opinion? It's what you like, and you should stay with that.

ElsieGirl
11-11-08, 09:34
Ah just ignore them, they prob like football games or 7Sins lol.
I know that I got laughed at in class because I said I wanted to be Like Lara Croft when I was older, and I thought "Why are you laughing? Lara is a fantastic roll model!"
Btw, there is some guy on youtube who is reviewing the Beta version of TRU Ripping into it, so my husband got stuck into him, as the guy likes Angel Of Darkness over all the Tomb Raiders lol, and hates what Crystal Dynamics have done with Tomb Raider. I hate people like that!
Here is the link to that video if you wanna check it out.

WARNING CONTAINS SWEARING

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_mJTbPGnCDg

navinloveslara
11-11-08, 09:50
Seriously, Matt, that guy is SO immature.

Leave him be. I come across the exact same types everyday, in school and around home.

I just don't care. Such immature people don't deserve my attention;).

Laras Backpack
11-11-08, 10:41
Ignore them. That person is obviously just a fashion-victim or fanboy who lets other people decide his opinion for him rather than thinking for himself or respecting that other people are entitled to play and enjoy whatever game they please. People like that want a reaction. They're a waste of space, so don't give them the pleasure of a response :)

TR93
11-11-08, 11:44
If the dude don't like Tomb Raider that's his loss...he has no idea hat a great game he's missing, my friends at school don't like TR, Maybe cos they would've been 2 years old when it was released;)
I have 1 friend who actualy plays it!
He is the only one who knows what I'm even talking about, even then he sometimes doesn't know cos he only plays it one in a while

Sometimes I feel lonley cos I can't taklk to my freinds at school about Tomb Raider:(
That's why i love TRF:hug:

But seriously, don't let that guy get to you Matt,
Your're better than him:hug:

mike-d
11-11-08, 12:48

my thoughts exactly

Bobsyeruncle
11-11-08, 14:20
I wouldn't worry about it much Matt. Needlessly honking off one's customers isn't a smart thing to do, even if you're paid a very small salary and not a commission per sale. Eventually, it gets you fired. In other words, pay no mind to the opinions of a loser such as this fellow. If he gets a feeling of superiority based on game preference, he is indeed a loser.

thevman
11-11-08, 15:02
Next time, simple response: "You DON'T like tomb raider?" http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/shoot.gif

Aquarius_D
11-11-08, 15:07
Tomb Raider is one of the best games I've played. Aside from AOD's gameplay issues, I think every other Tomb Raider game was excellent. I used to wait anxiously for the next title to arrive. I had many friends over the years that didn't like the game because of some excuse like; she difficult to control or whatever. Screw em! I love the game and I also love the new revitalized Crystal Dyamics' Tomb Raider and I'll keep on playing them!

No jackass is gonna tell me otherwise!:ton:

daventry
11-11-08, 15:08
Even though im a TR Fan and someone say nah i dont like TR, i just Laugh it up and joke with him, because i know that its just a Game and not something to go in your Mind and Nuke the Dude right there. :p

pEhouse
11-11-08, 16:17
Actually I get that respone nearly everytime I talk about TR. I only know one person beside myself who is into it like I am. Everybody else is off playing Halo or no video games at all. That's ok tho. I did set some heads straight before for judging me just because of my hobbies.

Legend Killer
11-11-08, 16:31
:vlol: @the title. :cln:

I don't know two many people that like it either, but I don't care. Its my money and I can do what I want with it. :p

I was surprised when a coworker of mine recognized Lara on my desktop and asked me about it though. It turns out she also a fan of the series. :tmb:

krycekuva
11-11-08, 16:35
normally im all the way around,.. ive met many people and i always shows the TR pics i have on my ipod and some of the comic ones too, and they always ask like that if i like her,.. and i can only say (wut?!?!?! youve got to be mad not to like her, or even to ask that game... ) and then i show them why its a great game, and why it beats most out of the rest of the competence.

dont go around insulting hem, instead just look at them like analysing, and say something like: alright, now i get it,.. thats why you dont like her...

and leave:D

Survival
11-11-08, 16:35
"Yeah I do, but atleast Im not playing it single handed and in secret like you."

remote91
11-11-08, 17:25
"Yeah I do, but atleast Im not playing it single handed and in secret like you."
Lmao.

Legend of Lara
11-11-08, 17:43

:vlol:

You should've said that to him. ;)

Anajrob
11-11-08, 17:49
Been there... done that. XD

I have got quite a few funny looks for playing Tomb Raider. Whatever... I don't really care about such things, tbh.

EmpireCroft93
11-11-08, 17:55
Hmm, I've tried that before, it sucks for a while. People like that seem very judgemental in my opinion.
But it shouldn't get to you, they are all mostly nerds that only swear to soldier games and stuff like that, well, that's how it is in my cases anyway :p

Lud's Gate
11-11-08, 18:00
I agree. Regardless of what anyone says, TR is the best video game series ever made. I just read the Letter to the fans in Anniversary who talks about the next ten years. I hope they keep the standard as high as TRU is looking and Lara is still around in ten years time. If everyone hated TR they wouldn't keep making the games. Why should you be embarrassed? It is a light hearted jest I suspect.

remote91
11-11-08, 18:04
If it would have been me I would have just shouted back in a special voice 'Hey you like Tomb Raider?'

Then gone back to my business in a regular fashion.

randomrhys
11-11-08, 18:06
that's pathetic. i could understand if maybe you were pre ordering a mary kate and ashley game or something but the tomb raider franchise is really respected. i hate it when people get really judgemental just for the sake of it. it's like they need to make themselves feel powerful by dissing others. it's not even worth getting wound up over though i guess, it wasn't even a real insult!:p

Kitty_pi314
11-11-08, 18:11
I get this all the time from friends but then I actually convert people to tomb raider. I say try it and call me in two days....the usual question is "when is the next one coming out?"

When random people say it to me I just say "At least I have a taste in games and don't rely on playing MMO's to have a social life or to get a boyfriend" :ton:

But I only get random people once and a while, most of the time its "your a girl who plays videogames?...I thought it was only a myth." My answer is "you don't get out much do you?"

Legends
11-11-08, 18:18

You're not alone. Most of my coworkers are just like that, the only difference is that I'm not ashamed to like it all, and I'm not saying you are, but don't let other people who don't like it make you feel bad about it. I have to put up with a lot of crap from my coworkers about certain games, but I really don't care. The people complaining and trying to make fun of you for games you play are mostly so crazy about the game world they probably cant step away from the TV screen if theyre lives depended on it. Trust me, I know, my boss is the perfect example and he is such a dork when something he likes comes out, if I only cared enough to do the same thing to him. I'd rahter do that some other way. And if you don't care they just look ridicules standing there and trying to make "fun" of you. And when people get so worked up over a game they are the one with the problem, not you, or anyone else who might like it. Sometimes I say something incredibly rude back over theyre childish behavior, and that usually makes them shut up because it's not cool to be made fun of.

MattTR
11-11-08, 18:22
Thanks for the replies everyone, as I walked into Gamestop today I stood tall and proud, with my chest out and walked up to the counter. I asked, "Have you guys gotten the new Tomb Raider Underworld guide in yet?" And the guy was like, "hey man it's you again, nope we haven't gotten it yet, check back tomorrow." No one said a word, I smiled and walked out. I feel proud, I feel good, I feel like I've accomplished something, maybe conquered a fear. I'm a Tomb Raider fan, damn it! And proud of it! Hell yeah!!! :D

remote91
11-11-08, 18:31
Thanks for the replies everyone, as I walked into Gammestop today I stood tall and proud, with my chest out and walked up to the counter. I asked, "Have you guys gotten the new Tomb Raider Underworld guide in yet?" And the guy was like, "hey man it's you again, nope we haven't gotten it yet, check back tomorrow." No one said a word, I smiled and walked out. I feel proud, I feel good, I feel like I've accomplished something, maybe conquered a fear. I'm a Tomb Raider fan, damn it! And proud of it! Hell yeah!!! :D
How butch of you, Lara would be proud.

Kitty_pi314
11-11-08, 18:38
Thanks for the replies everyone, as I walked into Gammestop today I stood tall and proud, with my chest out and walked up to the counter. I asked, "Have you guys gotten the new Tomb Raider Underworld guide in yet?" And the guy was like, "hey man it's you again, nope we haven't gotten it yet, check back tomorrow." No one said a word, I smiled and walked out. I feel proud, I feel good, I feel like I've accomplished something, maybe conquered a fear. I'm a Tomb Raider fan, damn it! And proud of it! Hell yeah!!! :D

Hurray http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/c/clap.gif

tomobond875
11-11-08, 19:16
Hey, i got ****ged at game stop yesterday too. I went in to get anni fr 360, and the guy said "You play tomb raider? Yeah, i thught yu were a dousch" :mad: I looked at him and said "Ha ha, now you want my money or not? A**hole!" Guess what? I got sent out of the store.

Lud's Gate
11-11-08, 19:24
Thanks for the replies everyone, as I walked into Gamestop today I stood tall and proud, with my chest out and walked up to the counter. I asked, "Have you guys gotten the new Tomb Raider Underworld guide in yet?" And the guy was like, "hey man it's you again, nope we haven't gotten it yet, check back tomorrow." No one said a word, I smiled and walked out. I feel proud, I feel good, I feel like I've accomplished something, maybe conquered a fear. I'm a Tomb Raider fan, damn it! And proud of it! Hell yeah!!! :D

Sing it, sista! ;-)

KC Mraz
11-11-08, 19:28

Aww. I think i have something in my eye *sniff*

patriots88888
11-11-08, 19:40
Well, I'm not gonna weed through the entire thread, but you could have asked him what was so funny about asking for a TR strategy guide. Seems kinda lame to me, but maybe youth these days think laughing at someone elses likes is a cool way of them showing their dislike for it.

MattTR
11-11-08, 20:17
Sing it, sista! ;-)

Sista? :eek: I'm a dude.

Aww. I think i have something in my eye *sniff*

Awww, thanks! :hug:

Lara_Zoz2006
11-11-08, 20:21
Everyone in my uni class is like that especially this one guy he is alwaus badgering me, but when it comes out they ask my way to go so basically they dont like it coz they too thick to do the puzzles hahahahah

pEhouse
11-11-08, 21:16
I wonder why TR players or gamers in general have such a bad reputation. Because I doubt I'm the only one who has to put up with stupid people who don't understand. Any ideas?

Gladous
11-11-08, 21:26
It was probably some Gears of War fanboy. :p

larafan25
11-11-08, 21:33
I bet,or those people who only play grandtheft auto and thats all,they also don't know much about games:P

not that everyone who plays that game is like that;)

Kitty_pi314
11-11-08, 23:24
They probably play too but won't admit it, just keep the disc hidden some where from prying eyes.;)

TRfan9294
12-11-08, 00:20
I don't know how people can think that TR games are dumb, I have a friend that thinks it's boring and I always argue with him telling him that it's awesome:D. I used to think that it was boring but now I regret that I missed out on so much of them. Tomb Raider is the best game that I have EVER played, I have never been so psyched for a game to be released like I have for TRU. I am never missing out on a game from this franchise again, TR & Lara Croft ROCKS:jmp:!!!

Hairhelmet12
12-11-08, 00:29
Man thats just stupid, What an Dim Wit.

I would of said to him, "And you dont? *Laugh* Your loss.." and then turned back around.

And its funny ive beena fan since i couldent play them, I would alwase beg my dad to play and i would just sit there, eyes glued to the screen, but when he stoped and shut it off i wouls alwase get mad..Until i dident need him to watch or play :mis:

Los Angeles
12-11-08, 01:33
I know a lot of people who think that Tomb Raider ist for Nerds, but I don't really give a crap. lol :D Tomb Raider is one of the best games ever.

ivannnnn
12-11-08, 10:23

LOL, I wouldn't ever do it because I don't like it. Even though they bash my games doesn't mean I will get angry. They probably haven't played the game so it is surely that they made fun of Tomb Raider.
I guess not all my friends know Tomb Raider, only a few. :)

decemberguy93
15-11-08, 00:51
i've experienced something like this you know!
i mean whats wrong with tomb raider fans? are we like aliens from space or what?!?! :mad: they just need to sort out their ****ing minds and relise that they can't judge people for what they like.

in a country like britian i have to deal with chav wannabes who hates tomb raider and that sucks. I would just invite that guy over to my house to play some really cool games (nothing compared to TRU which is a lot better) and then i'd strangle him with a scarf and throw him in a tomb or something lol :vlol:

TerraCreek
15-11-08, 00:53
I know how you feel. I went to Gamestop too and I saw the Tomb Raider Underworld case in the window, so I wondered if they'd show it to me or had any further information on the game.

They cracked up and said, "Tomb Raider? Are you sure you're not here for the new Gears of War?"

I just about screamed at the guy.

However, I daresay we'll get the final laughs when this game is a hit. At my gamestop, there was over 200 waits for it. :D I made him check.

Dian
15-11-08, 00:55
I hate people like that, and I have to deal with them all the time because I dress in the Gothic style. =/ But Hell, I just say, "If you don't like it, don't look."

decemberguy93
15-11-08, 00:55
btw i showed some people a tomb raider article and they was like 'WOW, that game is so sick! i really want it'

tomb raider 4 ever!

TerraCreek
15-11-08, 00:58
btw i showed some people a tomb raider article and they was like 'WOW, that game is so sick! i really want it'

tomb raider 4 ever!

Awesome! :tmb:
O.o But why would they say its sick....? That's weird to me.
Tomb Raider is popular among the females here.

RalKram
15-11-08, 01:35
I'd have said...

"I wouldn't be pre-ordering it if i didn't like it you stupid, retarded ****ing piece of ****. Now get the **** out of my face and don't ever open your mouth and waste my time again."

...and then smiled at him :)

Ahem, excuse the language ;)

Kittypower
15-11-08, 01:37
Tomb raider has something some series don't, a large European fan base to fall back on.

TR love
15-11-08, 01:40
what a jerk! i wooda slapped him, gone "thats for Lara, freak!" thrown a slushy at him and walked out.

Fallen.Angel
15-11-08, 01:58
I dont get why many people care about Lara's boobs, they're not that big, you want boobies? you can... errr... nevermind.
I agree. Don't understand why it's such a controversy.

decemberguy93
15-11-08, 02:09
Awesome! :tmb:
O.o But why would they say its sick....? That's weird to me.
Tomb Raider is popular among the females here.

sick is how english people would call it ' wicked, stunning' and all that

Brikas94
15-11-08, 18:38

Definitely. VERY VERY MUCH definitely.

DMC
15-11-08, 18:41

hahahahahaha :vlol:

Good one! :ohn:

KIKO
15-11-08, 18:51
I'd say: "You don't like Tomb Raider ??? haha what an idiot" and then I'd laught at him too:D

TerraCreek
15-11-08, 18:51

Um, Western America counts as English! :vlol:
That's okay. O.o Never heard that around here.

GenyaArikado
15-11-08, 18:53
I will make my goal find he and make he pay for what he say

x2crazyidiot
15-11-08, 19:13

oooo chav language..... *shudders*

I was talking manically the other day about Underworld at school, and someone overheard and went, "Tomb Raider? Are you a girl or something? Why don't you play good games like Gears of War?"
to which I replied, "Gears of War is ridiculously easy, repetative, boring and overated. I like a game that actually makes you think, which I suspect is a hard thing for you to do"

and everyone in the room yelled "OO BACK-HANDED!" :D

TRfan23
15-11-08, 19:26

Like innit and chill also the newish word 'blud' :( just awful!

Chavs are taking over our country, so TR's on the verge of being bullied and detroyed by them!

Eventually there'll be banners by them saying - "TOM RADR SUKS!!!" "DESTOY TOM RADR!!!"

That's where we come in laughing at their spelling mistakes!!!

Christi
15-11-08, 20:14
every day at school baby, and Im always like "Yeah *****, that a problem?":p

Larapink
15-11-08, 20:15
Aww sorry to hear about that Matt. :hug:

It's the same with me, if I mentioned Tomb Raider to people they would think I was mental to talk about it.

Buffy87
15-11-08, 20:24
oooo chav language..... *shudders*

I was talking manically the other day about Underworld at school, and someone overheard and went, "Tomb Raider? Are you a girl or something? Why don't you play good games like Gears of War?"
to which I replied, "Gears of War is ridiculously easy, repetative, boring and overated. I like a game that actually makes you think, which I suspect is a hard thing for you to do"

and everyone in the room yelled "OO BACK-HANDED!" :D

^ That made me choke on my cup of coffee :) Thats hilarious.

People don't make fun of me at all - in general- for playing Tomb Raider.. maybe thats because I have nice friends I dont know :P Ha ha. The only issue I have ever had was this Halloween - I dressed as Lara - and some ladswalked past me and my friends and after they passed us turned round and shouted "Tomb Raider's for girls!!!" I was like "Well.. I am a girl brain trust". But thats the worst I have ever had... maybe its more accepted for girls to play Tomb Raider though?

Although when I was in high school I did have a few guys asked me if I played Tomb Raider because I fancied Lara.. which was amazingly mature of them.Oh well...

x2crazyidiot
15-11-08, 21:44
^ That made me choke on my cup of coffee :) Thats hilarious.

People don't make fun of me at all - in general- for playing Tomb Raider.. maybe thats because I have nice friends I dont know :P Ha ha. The only issue I have ever had was this Halloween - I dressed as Lara - and some ladswalked past me and my friends and after they passed us turned round and shouted "Tomb Raider's for girls!!!" I was like "Well.. I am a girl brain trust". But thats the worst I have ever had... maybe its more accepted for girls to play Tomb Raider though?

Although when I was in high school I did have a few guys asked me if I played Tomb Raider because I fancied Lara.. which was amazingly mature of them.Oh well...

haha thanks :) I am renouned at my school for my quick wit :jmp:

what a moron! ..... and also, a dumb moron at that

I also get asked whether I fancy Lara (although I'm a guy so that's okay :p)
I just say to them jokingly, "Her breasts are the size of Mt Fuji, what do you think?"

Dia2blo
15-11-08, 22:21
GAH! I can't believe i've ignored this thread until now! Especially considering i have been mocked my entire life for liking tomb raider!!

I spend most of my lessons at college drawing Lara etc. and did the same at school. The most annoying thing, is that everyone says i like tomb raider because she has big boobs blah blah, which makes total sense, considering i've loved the games from when i was like six years old, oh and :gay:!!!!

The other MOST annoying thing EVER!!! is that one of my "best" friends says "ergh" or "bleah" if i even mention Tomb Raider! She suddenly started hating it when she became friends with me apparently, and even though my friends all know it is like my favourite thing and don't mind that i say things like "i've pre-ordered tomb raider" or that sort of thing, she goes ape whenever i mention it. I've recently started doing the same with her and family guy (which she really annoyingly refers to bits like "OMG stewie did this..." and its not like i say "I was playing tomb raider and this really huge mummy atta...") but she still says "oh well family guy is actually good"!!! I swear she does it to spite me!! grrr

Oh and as for the people in shops thing, when i was talking about it at the counter at blockbuster, the guy started going on about how crap anniversary was and he wouldn't play another one, then said that legend was the only good tomb raider game... i was like "erm what???"

toxicraider
15-11-08, 22:25
That's so dumb, if people didn't like it why would they sell reasonably well?

I don't get made fun of much, admittedly my friend is a more loyal fan than me (although i'm better than him :)) i don't mention it that much though :)

TRhalloween
15-11-08, 22:28
OOh! That reminds me. I once went to primary school with a Lara transfer on my arm.lol
It was under my sleeve so people couldn't see. :(
Kind of takes the point away.

aquaflute
15-11-08, 22:39
Most people I know really don't care what I play, games are all the same to them.

I think it's really stupid to be judgemental about what you play, this is totally personal interest. It may reveal some characteristics but nothing to be judged upon absolutely.

Greatest TR
05-06-11, 07:27
Well that's problem nows days, i often get randon people walking past by in Gamestation staring at me and saying "laugh, are you a puff? Those Tombs games are for girlies" because i was getting a old Tomb raider 2, 4 and Tomb raider underworld.

After he call me puff, i took two stepped forward and face to face and i looked down and back up again and i said " say it more time and i will wipe that smuck face of yours and your own mother won't recognize you... so go ahead and test me because i don't give a **** " my girlfriend got real scare and she trying drag me away from it, Since i told him that, he was laughing in nervous way.

I said to him " Come on you smuck, what are you waiting for ?" He just back off and he start making excuses while he walking backward. He a puff, why ? Because he was 6 foot tall and twice as size than me and im only 5 foot 8 and im heavily build with full of muscle, so i guess that why he back off.

If wasn't for my girlfriend who with me, then definitely i would send that prick round the block and teach him a lession.

I bought Tomb raider/ Resident evil Sega saturn beta and Promo from ebay, then later Someone send me a message to try make fun out of me, about me buying those beta in high price, mabey he or she got jealous because i won the highest bid.

Here check the comment from ebay page that i bought (from bottom of page)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...RK:MESINDXX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...RK:MESINDXX:IT

just make me mad as it seem Tomb raider just ruining me

scremanie
05-06-11, 07:46
•________•

tomee
05-06-11, 09:08
When I bought the Konzol (Hungarian magazine with rebbot Lara on the cover) They asked me if Tomb raider is still developed and thay said, oh I knew the old games but didn't know this. But they didn't bash on it at all. Althought we told some jokes about her gigantic boobs:D, but that's all.

Peanut
05-06-11, 09:28
Meh, the people I know like the games but find it difficult and don't really care if I play it or not, actually I'm sort of starting to drift away from the series, let's hope the next game keeps me hooked.

H4RR7H
05-06-11, 10:15
Well that's problem nows days...

*bump of fresh interest my fault (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181794)* :tea: :o :)

scremanie
05-06-11, 10:22
*bump of fresh interest my fault (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181794)* :tea: :o :)

:vlol:

EscondeR
05-06-11, 10:34
Still not worth a 3 years bump and following spamming. That [initial post] could be posted in that thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181794).