WELL I NEVER!!!! :smk:

Mikky
08-12-10, 13:40
Did you just call me a whore?!? :mad:

What? I'm so lost right now. :vlol:

scremanie
08-12-10, 13:47
JUSTIN!!!!! Mikky called me a cheap whore!!!

Shark_Blade
08-12-10, 13:48
Shame on you Mikky!:smk: Imma soap your mouth now!

Auto grab was getting tiring, you can feel it when playing trl-tru. Not much interactivity, you just simply jump at a ledge and she just grab it for you. Boring. ZZZzzzZZzz..

With manual grab, you're actually paying attention and interact with grabbing points/ledges. Plus if I let go, she'll just plummet to the ground, rather than grabbing a ledge below it - this happens a lot in Legend from what I can remmeber, which is very annoying. :rolleyes: Let the players have their freedom rather than hand holding like a baby.

Manual grab ftw!

Mikky
08-12-10, 13:48
^^^ I really didn't call him anything. :p

JUSTIN!!!!! Mikky called me a cheap whore!!!

Maybe I should tell Justin that you're spamming. :mis: Nah, I would never do that to you! :hug:

scremanie
08-12-10, 13:50
^^^ I really didn't call him anything. :p

Maybe I should tell Justin that you're spamming. :mis: Nah, I would never do that to you! :hug:

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab10/scremanie/cc165485.jpg

Mikky
08-12-10, 13:55
If that's not spam, I don't know what is. :vlol: Seriously, though, we should stop. =/

scremanie
08-12-10, 14:00
Yes.. stop.. :pi:

What about a flare gun?! She could find some and they could be used as checkpoints too!

J Natla
08-12-10, 16:16
I was very happy to hear about the upcoming game this week!

Some suggestions from me:

If its a true survival game I think there should be long periods between save points just like the original way back when - why? because you took your time to get it right knowing if you screwed the joke is on you. Make for frustrating game? at times yes but then you took time to care about Lara and were not so quick to jump off the cliff just to see where you land.

Semi real damage. An inexperienced Lara might twist here ankle if she falls too far - I think a 15 min limp isn't to much of a stretch. I think I remember playing - maybe the original Resident Evil back in the 90s and it has some sort of similar mechanic where you were injured and had to walk a bit slower - maybe it was another game but either way - . why? because you will care about Lara more and want to take care of her and guide her safely through the adventure.

Poor coordination - everyone starts from the bottom. If she is doing a swinging somersault maybe she needs to slip once in a while. If this is a true look at what made Lara who she is she needs to make some mistakes.

An occasional puzzle that cannot be solved. From the beginning of games there has been that one part of the game you can't get to unless everything was done in a prescribed order or you did or didn't do something early on. Hitch hikers guide is a great example. If you knock over a pillar then you can't continue on this way - now you have to find a way around - this leads me into my next suggestion Multiple paths to the ending. Maybe you don't get to save the princess, maybe you don't get the treasure but you make it out alive and maybe just maybe you want to play it again and do things different. That is true for many games like RPG 's with multiple race/class combos.

These are just suggestions - I just feel a game you invest your time in playing helps make it more meaningful for the player when they develop an attachment to the avatar.

What about collectables? How about collectibles you can wear? Like if you beat the Roc or other giant bird Lara should be able to pick a few feathers and wearthen on her person in game - don't you think?

NRO.
08-12-10, 16:21
"Taking care of Lara..."

What is this? The Sims?

mike-d
08-12-10, 18:23
"Taking care of Lara..."

What is this? The Sims?

:vlol:

Now on a different note, I hope CD makes nice and interesting environments. While I appreciate the horror factor and the survival elements, I don't want black dull environments that all look the same. I don't think anyone does. It seriously hinders the gameplay experience.

The1andOnlyTR
08-12-10, 19:29
What about a flare gun?! She could find some and they could be used as checkpoints too!

That is probably one of the most brilliant suggestions I have ever seen. :eek:

Underhoe
08-12-10, 19:32

Oh my god. I love you.

silver_wolf
08-12-10, 20:40
That's a brilliant way to implement limited checkpoints.

The1andOnlyTR
08-12-10, 21:11
I'm sorry; I'm not usually one to complain.. But.. :pi: With all the cinematics and chance death moments, this game is starting to seem more and more like Heavy Rain.. I loved Heavy Rain, and all, but it is NOTHING like Tomb Raider.. They can rebuild Lara's biography; That's fine by me. But if they take away everything that defines the gameplay in Tomb Raider (acrobatics, gunplay, death defying stunts) then I'll be pretty upset.. It won't feel like Tomb Raider. Now, I'm not asking people to cut up my opinion. I'm sure I'll still love the game. But if it is all scripted and cinematic then I won't like it as a Tomb Raider game.. And, so far, that's all I've seen.. :(

silver_wolf
08-12-10, 21:29
"All you've seen" is an abbreviated summary of a 30-minute introduction to the game. As far as I can tell there's only one Heavy Rain-esque moment in what we've read, which is escaping from the collapsing cave. I'm sure the game will still play like TR.

King.Louie
08-12-10, 21:57
Did you just call me a whore?!? :mad:

so its official screamanie is the TRF whore :p

scremanie
08-12-10, 23:50
so its official screamanie is the TRF whore :p

Well... I wouldn't go that far.. *applies red lipstick and puts on blonde wig* :pi:

amiro1989
09-12-10, 00:56
Well... I wouldn't go that far.. *applies red lipstick and puts on blonde wig* :pi:

"Move along ma chère, you make the place look crowded" ;)

King.Louie
09-12-10, 01:16

You make my day :vlol:

scremanie
09-12-10, 02:28
"Move along ma chère, you make the place look crowded" ;)

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab10/scremanie/0211_cup_finch2.jpg

You make my day :vlol:

hahaha, you make mine too. :hug: :p

Gamd1011
09-12-10, 20:08

That is the most brilliant idea ever!!!

amiro1989
09-12-10, 23:01
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab10/scremanie/0211_cup_finch2.jpg

hahaha, you make mine too. :hug: :p

scremanie
10-12-10, 08:29
That is the most brilliant idea ever!!!

Aww, thanks! :D :hug:

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab10/scremanie/c16ad869.jpg

Mikky
10-12-10, 08:44
I don't mean to be rude, scremanie, but you sometimes sound like you're under the influence of drugs. Your posts are just so funny and random! :vlol:

scremanie
10-12-10, 08:45
Ohh, I am always under the influence. :mis:

:p

giovani-croft
10-12-10, 12:59
I'm working a one fanart of the new Tomb Raider:D
look this render (obs: this incomplete without proper textures and bump mappings)
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3051/render2c.jpg
oops the water... hahahhahaa :D

StarCroft:AOD
10-12-10, 15:54
Manual grab like Aod, without the grip bar. :tmb:

and with the aod lara costume as an unlockable;)

Adamaru
11-12-10, 15:19
what about asurvivorisborn2012.com? last time, when i was on the site, in the background was a picture with inscription 'a survivor is born', like on www.asurvivorisborn.com
WTF?

TheRCroft
11-12-10, 16:29
what about asurvivorisborn2012.com? last time, when i was on the site, in the background was a picture with inscription 'a survivor is born', like on www.asurvivorisborn.com
WTF?

asurvivorisborn.com and asurvivorisborn2012.com are both the same site.

HURLEYstickmen
12-12-10, 14:10
I would like a story more along the lines of TR2, where Lara is searching for something
for sport, rather than being forced to, like in TRU... eugh! Anyhoozles, who agrees with
me? =3

SnipingPanda
13-12-10, 20:40
I would like a story more along the lines of TR2, where Lara is searching for something
for sport, rather than being forced to, like in TRU... eugh! Anyhoozles, who agrees with
me? =3

shes trying to escape an island, i highly doubt she is going to have time to "search something for sport"

Takato Matsuda
14-12-10, 00:33
I like that fact that they added realism to this game, such as the need for food and water to survive and camps where you can fast travel to certain areas. Kinda makes it feel like an Elder Scrolls game, but better :) I hope that they keep Keeley as the VA! I guess my suggestion would be for Lara to actually have the need to sleep.

jeger_tr
14-12-10, 06:27
from my point of view, I say TR 9 will be full of surprises,but there is one thin am so upset about it which Lara Croft herself,she does not look like LARA im previous parts she carries a new look which NOT suitable on her character.....

Hairhelmet12
14-12-10, 06:29
I just wish she had shorts... ):

Mikky
14-12-10, 06:31
I just wish she had shorts... ):

CD said her clothes can rip, you know? :p And what do ripped trousers equal? Shorts! :D

jflb
14-12-10, 14:42
Today update GameInformer. I think that will say something important of the new TR, and show some scans. Could it be that showing the trailer?

mikesamillion2
14-12-10, 14:44
no apparently it's an article about CD

jflb
14-12-10, 19:04
no apparently it's an article about CD

How do you know?

TheRCroft
14-12-10, 19:06
How do you know?

Meagan, who works for Game Informer, told us.

Pietras
14-12-10, 19:07
me? =3

She was forced to search for something in TLR too (because she unleashed Seth) so it's nothing bad really. Besides, she signed up for the Japan expedition basically for sport, what happened next was the consequence of it so.

Krash
15-12-10, 22:58
im actually quite interested to hear what they do musically with the game, will it be claustrophobic drums or sweeping orchestral stuff? will it even include the classic TR theme? i wonder if Colin O'Malley is back onboard, what do you guys think? what would you like to hear?

ViNi__
16-12-10, 12:07
I wonder if she will be slower in this game :pi:

edit: omg, post 666 :mis:

Fyler
19-12-10, 00:51
More extensive Croft Mannor but definatly playable - doesn't matter if its classic although I'd prefer a brand new one to be honest

Different Health system than TRU (I prefer Legend's the best)
Weather and Daylight effects
Replay Levels (like you can select a level to replay/a sequence I suppose)

tomb13
20-12-10, 22:15
it would be cool if they include an xbox 360 kinect mission were you shoot stuff or fight things and every movement you do lara does too!. Anyone? :)

mikesamillion2
20-12-10, 22:16
it would be cool if they include an xbox 360 kinect mission were you shoot stuff or fight things and every movement you do lara does too!. Anyone? :)

maybe as a side game or something like in bayonetta after you complete a level

tomb13
21-12-10, 17:02
maybe as a side game or something like in bayonetta after you complete a level

yes something like that, it would make the kinect worth to buy :)

Camera Obscura
22-12-10, 19:31
After hearing the podcast, there seems to be an indication of an axepick, bow and arrow, rope, and gunplay at some point. I wonder what else?

It would be pretty interesting if we had to combine items to form better weapons or tools. Only example I could think of at the moment is dashing poison on the tips of the arrows, or better yet, a molotov.

Lexi.
22-12-10, 19:36
im actually quite interested to hear what they do musically with the game, will it be claustrophobic drums or sweeping orchestral stuff? will it even include the classic TR theme? i wonder if Colin O'Malley is back onboard, what do you guys think? what would you like to hear?
I'm hoping the soundtrack they use in the game will be more ambient/environmental, to set the mood and the tone of the location. Music should just be used for any significant events and enemy combat, but it should always be subtle.

larafan25
22-12-10, 19:42
IMO Drums are best for large outdoor areas, having a bit of echo, they are so loud and low, it just makes me think of mountains and valleys.:)

TheRCroft
22-12-10, 19:43
After hearing the podcast, there seems to be an indication of an axepick, bow and arrow, rope, and gunplay at some point. I wonder what else?

It would be pretty interesting if we had to combine items to form better weapons or tools. Only example I could think of at the moment is dashing poison on the tips of the arrows, or better yet, a molotov.

I am pretty sure they have mentioned that aspect in the first article.

and +1000 @ your signature.

Pietras
22-12-10, 19:50

These items were mostly confirmed since the original GI story. And yes, we can con (will have to) combine salvaged items to create new ones.

Fyler
31-12-10, 03:54
There needs to be a PSN demo release.That's pretty far down the road, but I was looking for Tomb Raider Underworld's and was very angry to not find one. Please make one available this time Crystal/Square/Eidos. :)

SLY
31-12-10, 23:37
I'm sitting here watching Chronicles of Narnia 2 and the more I hear her speak the more appropriate Anna Popplewell's (Susan) voice would be for TR. She has a mature yet young voice and I think she could work for the upcoming game.

Here is a link to a video of her speaking to those who aren't familiar with her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJtddDEXSiI

Shark_Blade
02-01-11, 11:50
^Yeah I really don't mind her at all as long she can deliver the softness yet edgy sound of Lara Croft.

TheRCroft
02-01-11, 12:02
I'm sitting here watching Chronicles of Narnia 2 and the more I hear her speak the more appropriate Anna Popplewell's (Susan) voice would be for TR. She has a mature yet young voice and I think she could work for the upcoming game.

Here is a link to a video of her speaking to those who aren't familiar with her.

Apart from the official Lara's voice actresses, this is probably one of the few people that I would call Lara just by hear the voice.
Excellent choice :tmb: :D

Mikky
02-01-11, 12:10
Apart from the official Lara's voice actresses, this is probably one of the few people that I would call Lara just by hear the voice.
Excellent choice :tmb: :D

+1!

:tmb:

Changeling
02-01-11, 12:15
Anna would be an amazing choice. :tmb: If you listen to her getting angry when she's playing Susan in the Narnia films, she really does deliver that edge and fierceness that Lara brings.

Mikky
02-01-11, 12:25
Isn't she a little too busy atm to be doing Lara, though? :p

Changeling
02-01-11, 19:52
Still, it's nice to dream. :p

SnipingPanda
04-01-11, 22:58

i dont like her voice much, it wouldnt fit with Lara in my opinion.

SLY
04-01-11, 23:33
Who knows, if they were to ask she might find the time or they could catch her in a time when she doesn't have to much to do. But I think she does have that edge to her voice that Lara has, and we've seen from the Narnia movies that she does have a good voice to express some anger and worry, even sadness.

Fan
08-01-11, 01:54
I saw a screen of her leaping with a torch in her hand. Honestly, I'd like it if you had to throw things to the other side in order to have all hands open for a possible ledge grab and pull up but only for big leaps.

Not sure how that would work if you accidentally throw the torch off the cliff lol:o

larafan25
08-01-11, 02:05
I saw a screen of her leaping with a torch in her hand. Honestly, I'd like it if you had to throw things to the other side in order to have all hands open for a possible ledge grab and pull up but only for big leaps.

Not sure how that would work if you accidentally throw the torch off the cliff lol:o

The torch is falling or being thrown out of her hand, therefore wish granted.:)

Fan
08-01-11, 12:37
The torch is falling or being thrown out of her hand, therefore wish granted.:)

Yaaaay! Thanks lmao

Poke Warrior
16-01-11, 21:24

I sort-of agree :D

Stefy
25-01-11, 20:58
I think this is a new beginin of TR, Lara Croft Reborn like they said. I except somethin diferent of the prevoiuos games, much more diferent because the pictures I saw don't show Tomb Raider who I know, they show something more diferent. I'd like more outside levels, something like in TR3 without tombs, some new moves and weapons, flashbacks from the past and some vehicle we didn't have in the previous games. I can't say anything until I play and see how the game is.

SnipingPanda
01-02-11, 23:50
I have a suggestion! Either stop getting my hopes up, or release the damn trailer already. :pi:

_Awestruck_
06-02-11, 15:50
If swimming is in the game, water techniques need to be involved a bit more. If anybody remembers Thailand in TRU, before we could get out of the water in the beginning of the level, we have to wait for the tide to bring us high enough. It's realistic and was actually really clever, I really enjoyed that on my firt playthrough on TRU.

Phlip
06-02-11, 15:53
^I'm able to get up at any time. :o

When it comes to swimming, they should keep the Underworld controls (but fix them a bit).

_Awestruck_
06-02-11, 16:11
^I'm able to get up at any time. :o

When it comes to swimming, they should keep the Underworld controls (but fix them a bit).

Well the idea was nice :p

mikesamillion2
16-02-11, 22:25
i just noticed something... i was watching the tomb raider movie and i was watching the special features and in an interview Jeremy Heath Smith says maybe lara will get married and have kids, maybe the lara in the future could be the daughter.

do you think there's a chance how ever far away it may be that instead of playing lara croft we would be playing lara croft jr? also i know that this interview was done in like 2002 but still :P

King.Louie
17-02-11, 00:53
i just noticed something... i was watching the tomb raider movie and i was watching the special features and in an interview Jeremy Heath Smith says maybe lara will get married and have kids, maybe the lara in the future could be the daughter.

do you think there's a chance how ever far away it may be that instead of playing lara croft we would be playing lara croft jr? also i know that this interview was done in like 2002 but still :P

No lara croft will be forever young no kids :smk: :p

lance6439
17-02-11, 18:45
birth of twin pistoles and braid!:D

robm_2007
17-02-11, 20:00
I dont care if Lara gets married, but if she has kids, OMG, i would not tolerate Lara as a mother. i would even less tolerate her kids being a character in TR.

lararoxs
17-02-11, 21:38
I've never seen Lara as being the 'settle down' type enough to have a family. I mean, look what happened to her parents! :p

!Lara Croft!
17-02-11, 22:54
To stop being so lazy.

Rather than writing a clever story and putting some hard work into a game to get lara's reputation out of the pit she is in they left her there and made a new character to take her place...TWICE!!!

_Awestruck_
18-02-11, 02:43
To stop being so lazy.

Rather than writing a clever story and putting some hard work into a game to get lara's reputation out of the pit she is in they left her there and made a new character to take her place...TWICE!!!

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I hate how you word your posts.

At any rate, I like the look of the new game so far so I may soften up on Crystal.

!Lara Croft!
18-02-11, 02:44
/\ I know im not good at sugar-coating my posts.

TRLegendLuver
18-02-11, 04:15
I wish they would give us a trailer already. Any hype I had for this game has been lost. You have to feed us something and not the "history of Lara" that GameInformer had. We know the history. What we need to know is the future for Lara.

larafan25
18-02-11, 13:47
I didn't know where to post this, but I just had my first dream of TR9. It was good, there was a pile of books sitting on the edge of a broken floor leading into an abyss, I went up to the books and my cross hair aimed at the books, then a small icon appeared above the books which said "Read storybooks". It was so good.

So ya, give us stuff like this.:cool:

Mikky
18-02-11, 17:50
I didn't know where to post this, but I just had my first dream of TR9. It was good, there was a pile of books sitting on the edge of a broken floor leading into an abyss, I went up to the books and my cross hair aimed at the books, then a small icon appeared above the books which said "Read storybooks". It was so good.

So ya, give us stuff like this.:cool:

Wow. That's just a whole new kind of randomness.

I wish I had dreams about TR. I remember having one about TR3 a few years back. I would love to have one about TR2011 and see what my brain thinks up... Which is probably nothing. :p

ItsLaraCroft
18-02-11, 20:03
I'm gonna say make it a straight up survival horror game with the enemies being T-Rex's, Tribe members, gorilla's, etc. Just for a change.

The sequel can be a straight up classic Tomb Raider game.

t-raider26
20-02-11, 22:38
One thing I'd like to see them bring back is the ability to reload, like in TRA :) I really liked it :D

_Awestruck_
20-02-11, 22:40
One thing I'd like to see them bring back is the ability to reload, like in TRA :) I really liked it :D

It was pointless :vlol:

larafan25
20-02-11, 23:38
You can reload in TRU and in TRL.

It's the down button.

It looks cool, but as Awestruck said, it's pointless.

Unless of course like Uncharted, reloading your gun makes all the bullets go where needed and you are ready for action instead of not reloading, shooting a guy twice, freaking out while trying to reload, and dying. :(

Linoshi Croft
22-02-11, 02:18
One big suggestion not for the game but people sodding talking about it ! PLEASE OH PLEASE STOP COMPARING IT TO UNCHARTED!! :cen:

THERE NOTHING ALIKE THIS TIME ROUND, AND ITS EVEN BEEN SAID THIS NEW GAME COULD HAVE ITS OWN GENRE FOR GOD SAKE!!! :hea:

Tiigerliily
22-02-11, 06:12
It was pointless :vlol:

No I don't think so. If you have only two bullets left, which you can impossibly kill any other enemies than the bats with, you can quickly reload before another mummy sticks its head around the corner. :)

lance6439
25-02-11, 18:28
Vehicles! ;D

Fan
03-03-11, 14:53
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tomb-raider-harm-dreise-exclusive/screen001.jpg

I just hope simple details involving the enviorment is done amazingly well. I hope everything about the island to its weather and its habits, animals, etc are all showcased to make the enviorments full. .. if that makes sense.

Also, will Lara have to watch out as to not get captured by these guys that run the island? Will lots of stealth be involved. If she's seen, will they literally chase her down throw the woods until she's caught and murder her. Will she have to hide until the coast is clear? will enemies carry things that Lara can use like keys and weapons, etc... maps...

Mod Edit - Please do not post such large images Fan.

Dark_Messiah
08-03-11, 11:42
The Picture is too big O.O

:D

Zippo
08-03-11, 18:28
Vehicles! ;D

That's not likely to happen :(

_Awestruck_
08-03-11, 19:46
No I don't think so. If you have only two bullets left, which you can impossibly kill any other enemies than the bats with, you can quickly reload before another mummy sticks its head around the corner. :)

Reload time was the same, and you never run out of bullets, so yes it was pointless.

soap
09-03-11, 08:06
Bring Lara to Australia please....she needs to explore this place. I know our history is very young and not extensive (no tombs here) but each native animal here has the ability to KILL you. (yes even the cuddly koala). And that picture fan posted...I never knew Lara wore Victoria's Secret! I have a bra just like it!! Haha.

aussie500
09-03-11, 09:31
Bring Lara to Australia please....she needs to explore this place. I know our history is very young and not extensive (no tombs here) but each native animal here has the ability to KILL you. (yes even the cuddly koala). And that picture fan posted...I never knew Lara wore Victoria's Secret! I have a bra just like it!! Haha.

Lara does not wear Victoria's Secret, it is a fan edited picture, not an official one.

soap
09-03-11, 09:40
Lara does not wear Victoria's Secret, it is a fan edited picture, not an official one.

Of course she doesn't. It just looks like one. I wasn't being serious.

robm_2007
13-03-11, 22:37
I think that it would amazing if Trent Reznor composed a score for TR, since Nine Inch Nails is one of her favorite bands, and well, Trent Reznor is NIN :pi:

And he already won a Golden Globe and an Oscar for The Social Network, so a big name like that could be really good for Tomb Raider in the "kewl" department.

_Awestruck_
13-03-11, 22:51
That's an amazing idea...their remix of "The Wretched" for A Perfect Getaway's trailer was awesome:

0Mk8ZJJEYPE

larafan25
14-03-11, 00:07
I just saw Lara Croft at 1:37.

_Awestruck_
14-03-11, 00:08
The dude getting his face smashed into the ground?

OH. Haha the girl falling off the cliff. Yeah it looks like her.

larafan25
14-03-11, 00:18
Now I want to see this movie. I am also slightly depressed, I remember how lamely excited I was about Lara having orange on her shirt. Meh whatevs.

_Awestruck_
14-03-11, 00:22
It's a good movie, surprising in parts. I like watching it in the summertime for some reason.

larafan25
14-03-11, 00:37
It's a good movie, surprising in parts. I like watching it in the summertime for some reason.

IMO if I am ever going to be stuck on an island with strangers trying to kill me I'd want it to be summer time. I can understand.

Laralover100
19-03-11, 21:23
i think that when lara goes into the 'jungle' part of thjis new game (if this is true) then i think it should look a bit like the avatar setting (only less blue) and more realistic, the idea that everywhere you turn is danger, i think that this would be an amazing way to start off the game aswell. shes captured.. gets free and has to run through a dangerous forest. that would be the best start to a tomb raider game yet :D

b.gluch
21-03-11, 01:36
i want lara to get arrested and escape from prison, Yes! I AM ADDICTED TO PRISON BREAK!

robm_2007
21-03-11, 03:52
i want lara to get arrested and escape from prison, Yes! I AM ADDICTED TO PRISON BREAK!

She already did that!

(TR3 :p)

mikesamillion2
21-03-11, 14:44
i want to see lara croft in sucker punch! my life would be complete.

b.gluch
21-03-11, 19:11
She already did that!

(TR3 :p)

Ohh! I forgot! :p she should do it again! :D

Raider4Ever96
27-03-11, 11:20
In-game checkpoints specific to the area your in. For example: In a tropical part of the island there could be checkpoints disguised as birds/monkeys/etc that run off when Lara comes near.

Stuff like that.:p

Linoshi Croft
27-03-11, 11:24
^

That's actually really cool, I never liked the checkpoint marker and sound it kinda ruins the whole immersion

moodydog
27-03-11, 11:32
In-game checkpoints specific to the area your in. For example: In a tropical part of the island there could be checkpoints disguised as birds/monkeys/etc that run off when Lara comes near.

Stuff like that.:p

:tmb: :tmb:

what a good idea, do you mind if I steal that one day when I take over the tomb raider franchise and produce the ideal tomb raider game. :D

Raider4Ever96
27-03-11, 17:41
Thanks guys:D:hug:

moodydog - As Lara would say, "No".:p

moodydog
27-03-11, 20:15
Thanks guys:D:hug:

moodydog - As Lara would say, "No".:p

As I would say, "I am still gonna" :p

Evan C.
27-03-11, 20:24
I can't believe this post is older than two years!

Lukass
27-03-11, 20:34
How do you like it guys? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/R512-Tomb-Raider-2011-Lara-Croft-Game-Art-Print-POSTER_W0QQitemZ270715407823QQcategoryZ60432QQcmdZ ViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DRPS I%252BSIC%26itu%3DUCP%252BUA%252BMAGEXP%252BUCI%25 2BIA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D27071540 7733%26po%3DLPV%252BLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D803902 2688438031388

larafan25
27-03-11, 20:36
How do you like it guys? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/R512-Tomb-Raider-2011-Lara-Croft-Game-Art-Print-POSTER_W0QQitemZ270715407823QQcategoryZ60432QQcmdZ ViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DRPS I%252BSIC%26itu%3DUCP%252BUA%252BMAGEXP%252BUCI%25 2BIA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D27071540 7733%26po%3DLPV%252BLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D803902 2688438031388

I WANT IT!

24 x 18 inches!? D:

Huge!

Lukass
27-03-11, 20:43
^ I love it too, it's huge!! :D I am thinking about it really! There are two more of them. The image with ship with sign "A SURVIVOR IS BORN" and the next one is Lara watching the ships and planes after caves escape :D

larafan25
27-03-11, 20:44
^ I love it too, it's huge!! :D I am thinking about it really! There are two more of them. The image with ship with sign "A SURVIVOR IS BORN" and the next one is Lara watching the ships and planes after caves escape :D

Ah!

I NEED this!:D

I've bought so much recently though. :/

Lukass
27-03-11, 20:45
^ I am thinking about it, it's not expensive at all. It's like for free ..... :D

trfanjay
28-03-11, 11:22
Personally I think the graphics look amazing however, I'm not comofrtable with them re - writing the Tomb Raider History. Sure, I suppose it's time the series needed a re-vamp but I think they have re - written the story should still have some parallels to the origional and still pay homage to the origional series that we all know and love.
Some Suggestions
- FIND THE WEAPONS AS YOU GO ALONG !
- HAVE A SMANY WEAPONS AS YOU WANT, NOT JUST A LIMIT ON 2
-ORIGIONAL MEDI PACKS , not the ***** health spray things you see nowadays
- LONGER LEVELS
- CLASSIC MANOR WITH BUTLER FOLLOWING YOU
-CLASSIC ASSAULT COURSE
Also more vehicles instead of just motorbikes, sure theyre fun and all but i want to see more speed boats, quads and snow buggies :D

I think all these would make the new tomb raider a good game

Linoshi Croft
28-03-11, 15:35
^
It's on a island . . your not going to have vehicles like that , the most realistic thing to find is the horse that was originally in the game. You wouldn't have as many weapons as you want , she's shipwrecked you will not find loads of weapons in her situations so conveniently. The healthpacks will probably come back , but more implemented in a more realistic way with the bandages and stuff. Longer levels we know we will get, if going of the podcast. Manor ? I don't see it happening.

I think CD should come up with there own ideas , what's the point in them making the games if they are just going to try and make a core game . . . I'm happy with the reboot, its gotten rid of all the childish stuff and outdated sections of the game and brought them up to date. Plus they are actually making a realistic game which I love. So stuff like unlimited weapons doesn't work as being ship wrecked your going to have to salvage weapons were not going to find a whole arsenal! Plus all this shows that Lara isn't just some dumb girl who relies on weapons to survie she actually has the intelligence to survive and take her enemies down with her wit and what she can salvage kicking complete ass ! Plus the "Mind blowing" :rollseye: pressure plates and keys ect that crystal games were plagued with (which they shouldn't of been), GONE FOREVER ! :D

b.gluch
30-03-11, 03:17
Im scared to be too dumb to play this game XD

trfanjay
31-03-11, 10:09
I understand that the game is on an island so in terms of weapons and vehicles it will be limitied however we can still expect vehicles such as speedboats, like those seen in tr2 and tr3 also when i was making my suggestionbs i was making suggetions for tthe tomb raider franchise in general and not just for this game. Of course you are entitled to your opinion however i do no that value that in the slightest. As for the "reboot" theyre just meddling in things again and trying to make the franchise more like the TR movies which just make my blood boil, you just can't erase the previous 15 years of Tomb Raider like they never happened, it was a legacy that they should be proud of.:D ALSO may i just add one other thing. You mention things such as keys and pressure plates, I am sure you havent took into consideration that at the time the resources CORE had to make the agmes was very limited, moreover i think if given the chance they would make more challenging puzzles, personally i liked pressure plates and keys they were part of the whole tomb raiding experience, th best yoy can hope for of CD is to roll a ball on a pressure plate or just go through a whole level to have the problem already solved for you at the end. SO i have to disagree with everything you have just said.

Linoshi Croft
31-03-11, 17:04
I understand that the game is on an island so in terms of weapons and vehicles it will be limitied however we can still expect vehicles such as speedboats

I see rafts making more sense than a speed boat :p

also when i was making my suggestionbs i was making suggetions for tthe tomb raider franchise in general and not just for this game.

This is a TR9 suggestion thread :wve:

As for the "reboot" theyre just meddling in things again and trying to make the franchise more like the TR movies which just make my blood boil, you just can't erase the previous 15 years of Tomb Raider like they never happened, it was a legacy that they should be proud of.:D

I really don't see how they are making it like the movies . . its like the complete opposite. I'm sorry that doesn't make sense. How does Angelina running round with lawyers are arm dealers across the world to find artefact after her parents death sound anything like the reboot. I think Legend-Underworld was too much like the movies, as the manor and the death of Lara's parents the same and she runs round with Rutland and Takomato and Amanda which to me seems alot more like the films. Alot of fans love the triology but the series is outdated so a rebooted is kinda needed so I'm happy they have done this as alot of the games seems rather childish, Underworld for instance was their attempt at a darker game . . . it just didn't do anything to contribute to that which the reboot does with genuine fear and survival.

ALSO may i just add one other thing. You mention things such as keys and pressure plates, I am sure you havent took into consideration that at the time the resources CORE had to make the agmes was very limited, moreover i think if given the chance they would make more challenging puzzles, personally i liked pressure plates and keys they were part of the whole tomb raiding experience

I didn't mind core doing it , its crystal dynamics. They carried on with this concept with newer technology and greater resources.

th best yoy can hope for of CD is to roll a ball on a pressure plate or just go through a whole level to have the problem already solved for you at the end. SO i have to disagree with everything you have just said.

CD has already explained the puzzles , no pressure plates ;) I think you need to read more into the reboot yourself to get grips with it. Plus you have to consider every CD games has literally been pushed out in a year with minimal effort. Reboot it's been in production for near enough 2/3 years which could border definitely onto the 3 years if they continue into 2012 as they said they are not making the same mistakes as Underworld and the others releasing a unbaked game. Plus we have more money into the franchise with sqaure enix. Even core were forced to rush out games by edios , but sqaure enix see Lara's potential again and are giving them as long as they need to make a better game.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion however i do no that value that in the slightest

If I'm entitled to my opinion why be so rude ? I have not been rude to you

larafan25
31-03-11, 17:10
No vehicles in TR9. It was said.

Linoshi Croft
31-03-11, 17:11
I thought so but wasn't sure cheers for the info :)

trfanjay
01-04-11, 10:49
see rafts making more sense than a speed boat
REPLY: No ! No ! No ! Speed boats would be a much better option, sure rafts would be the more realistic option, but realism is whats destroying the gaming industry, also it doesnt necessarily have to be a speed boat, a kayak like seen in TR3 would more than suffice.

This is a TR9 suggestion thread
If you read my answer properly i made suggestions FOR TR9 AND future Tomb Raider games!!!
really don't see how they are making it like the movies . . its like the complete opposite. I'm sorry that doesn't make sense. How does Angelina running round with lawyers are arm dealers across the world to find artefact after her parents death sound anything like the reboot. I think Legend-Underworld was too much like the movies, as the manor and the death of Lara's parents the same and she runs round with Rutland and Takomato and Amanda which to me seems alot more like the films. Alot of fans love the triology but the series is outdated so a rebooted is kinda needed so I'm happy they have done this as alot of the games seems rather childish, Underworld for instance was their attempt at a darker game . . . it just didn't do anything to contribute to that which the reboot does with genuine fear and survival.

I agree with you to an extent on this one, and the point i was getting at are the ones you've mentioned, the croft manor, laras parents dying etc etc. In terms of the original trilogy you have to admit it was splendidly excellent,we wouldnt be on the forums unless it where for the trilogy lol, I just think that they shouldnt stray too far from the story that the original was trying to tell i.e Laras background story also i dont want to see changes in laras ruthless attitude the new games sicken me in how theyve made lara more " humane" in CD's own words Lara should always have a streak of ruthlessnes in her, thats what made the original trilogy, the best trilogy, IMO

I didn't mind core doing it , its crystal dynamics. They carried on with this concept with newer technology and greater resources.
If I remember correctly i your original answer you were blaming core for doing the pressure plates, in your answer you explained how you thought the puzzles by core were inferior which is a reason why you supported CD taking over the series.

CD has already explained the puzzles , no pressure plates I think you need to read more into the reboot yourself to get grips with it. Plus you have to consider every CD games has literally been pushed out in a year with minimal effort. Reboot it's been in production for near enough 2/3 years which could border definitely onto the 3 years if they continue into 2012 as they said they are not making the same mistakes as Underworld and the others releasing a unbaked game. Plus we have more money into the franchise with sqaure enix. Even core were forced to rush out games by edios , but sqaure enix see Lara's potential again and are giving them as long as they need to make a better game.

Lol, I must admit i havent checked for any updates on Tomb raider or a while so if they have admitted that, its good news :) also don't diss pressure plates, i liked pressure plates in the original tomb raider series and the point you make again about them rushing out games, lets hope the time taken to make this one is worth it.

If I'm entitled to my opinion why be so rude ? I have not been rude to you

I got carried away in my reply, sorry ?

n.b there maybe spelling mistakes in this but i cba checking so if there are just ignore them

Linoshi Croft
01-04-11, 11:10
REPLY: No ! No ! No ! Speed boats would be a much better option, sure rafts would be the more realistic option, but realism is whats destroying the gaming industry, also it doesnt necessarily have to be a speed boat, a kayak like seen in TR3 would more than suffice.

Apparently there are no vehicles :( which kinda annoys me

I agree with you to an extent on this one, and the point i was getting at are the ones you've mentioned, the croft manor, laras parents dying etc etc. In terms of the original trilogy you have to admit it was splendidly excellent,we wouldnt be on the forums unless it where for the trilogy lol, I just think that they shouldnt stray too far from the story that the original was trying to tell i.e Laras background story also i dont want to see changes in laras ruthless attitude the new games sicken me in how theyve made lara more " humane" in CD's own words Lara should always have a streak of ruthlessnes in her, thats what made the original trilogy, the best trilogy, IMO

I think the games were great when they came out, the thing I've noticed with TR fans when a game first comes out they adore it , then a few years later having played other games and they grow tired of what they had they start hating on it which kinda confuses me. . cause I know they all like the trilogy as most of them bought the ps3 trilogy out the other week :p

On the bases of Lara background , I don't really mind the changes it seems alot more like cores bio now which in my opinion is a good thing. Plus Lara's background with the Himalayas and her parents and the dias, now as I've grown up seems really childish and didn't show Lara developing into the strong character she is at present. The reboot throws Lara into this horrible experience and we get to see her go from this inexperienced scared girl into a strong fearless TR we know today which I think is excellent. Plus looking into the reboot Lara is 21, through her child hood she had an attitude and was very rebellious so I wouldn't worry to much on that because by 1/2 way through the game she will be Lara again and by TR10 we have our TR.

If I remember correctly i your original answer you were blaming core for doing the pressure plates, in your answer you explained how you thought the puzzles by core were inferior which is a reason why you supported CD taking over the series.

Nope I don't think Core's puzzles are inferior but like you said they were restricted by technology , while CD are not so it bugged me how they kept this mechanic. They could of used it then built upon it which they did a little but not much.

Lol, I must admit i havent checked for any updates on Tomb raider or a while so if they have admitted that, its good news :) also don't diss pressure plates, i liked pressure plates in the original tomb raider series and the point you make again about them rushing out games, lets hope the time taken to make this one is worth it.

I think for their sakes it better be good or square enix will probably boot them and find a new developer.

I got carried away in my reply, sorry ?

it's okay , I think all fans are very passionate with Lara and envisage alot of things differently but some the same.

]

alzughoul
10-04-11, 22:43
It would be more interesting if Lara is given an infinite number of choices during the gameplay, for e.g. she can pick anything from the surrounding environment, and then decide whether thats useful or not.

Further, in her journey at some instances(But not frequently) she gets thirsty, hungry and she needs to find a way like (hunting) to stop her continues starving. And why lara should keep standing during the gameplay, she may have a break to rest on the ground or next to the beach watching the sunset!.

Summers
16-04-11, 06:06
nothingtoseehere

Linoshi Croft
16-04-11, 09:00
It would be more interesting if Lara is given an infinite number of choices during the gameplay, for e.g. she can pick anything from the surrounding environment, and then decide whether thats useful or not.

Further, in her journey at some instances(But not frequently) she gets thirsty, hungry and she needs to find a way like (hunting) to stop her continues starving. And why lara should keep standing during the gameplay, she may have a break to rest on the ground or next to the beach watching the sunset!.

I want to play TR not sims cast away , I find this bit of the reboot I am most scared about how they implement it. I just don't see how they are going to do it.

idk if it was mentioned here (probably yes ;))
i'd like a first person camera opiton :)

Do you mean walking around in first person or do you mean like in the classics just to look around?

Summers
17-04-11, 00:55
nothingtoseehere

Linoshi Croft
17-04-11, 02:03
For TR not but a similar control scheme and players sense of control that ME gave :tmb:

LIN
21-04-11, 22:44
i want a level in london or another city
cus in the last games it's all in the jungle or under water

Ahmad
25-04-11, 04:30
I want a game in one of those (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-39274939) or the lost city of gold:D

_Awestruck_
25-04-11, 04:33
Oh wow, Pompeii would be fantastic :cln:.

Linoshi Croft
25-04-11, 05:15
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/tr/0401_derinkuyu-underground-lost-cities_485x340.jpg

I don't know why but I would love to explore it :p

larafan25
25-04-11, 13:23
^Give is a few feet of water and I'm there.

Linoshi Croft
25-04-11, 15:32
Sounds awfully similar to the beginning of a game :whi:

Evan C.
28-04-11, 18:55
This is the longest "half hour" I have ever live on my entire life.It's like having a blind date with Chris Crocker.

yesrushdt
30-04-11, 01:00
We want to speak to a large audience and we're testing it a lot for the playability. The skill Survival Instinct for example will be a big helpbutton so you can find easy to manipulate objects and quest objectives. You can compare it with the Batman Arkham Asylum game. Although you can only use it when you're standing still. Next to this tooltips will make you aware of usable objects in you're environment, like flammable cloths in combination with your flaming torch.

This quote from the recent Dutch article has me worried. I really hope they include player tailoring from the last game to be able to get rid of these tool tips and other visual aids. The last thing I want to see is the game telling me what to do. I'd much rather figure it out for myself.

Lukass
30-04-11, 01:01
This quote from the recent Dutch article has me worried. I really hope they include player tailoring from the last game to be able to get rid of these tool tips and other visual aids. The last thing I want to see is the game telling me what to do. I'd much rather figure it out for myself.

Everything will be optional...I think.

larafan25
30-04-11, 02:17

Survival Instinct is optional. May have some mandatory game moments though. We can probably toggle the hint icons.

TheRCroft
30-04-11, 12:49
Survival Instinct is optional. May have some mandatory game moments though. We can probably toggle the hint icons.

I think it will be mandatory in the beggining of the game, to find the wolves footprints or maybe we can see them if we pay attention, but I hope it's completely optional in the rest.

Linoshi Croft
30-04-11, 13:29
I think it would be near impossible to see the prints without it. . :pi:

TheRCroft
30-04-11, 13:30
I think it would be near impossible to see the prints without it. . :pi:

Indeed, that's why I think it will be mandatory there. I was thinking that there would be snow there, like in Anniversary :pi:

Linoshi Croft
30-04-11, 13:45
Indeed, that's why I think it will be mandatory there. I was thinking that there would be snow there, like in Anniversary :pi:

I really hope there is a jungle area to run around in aswell as a cliff region full of snow :jmp: I doubt the snowy region though as they said her clothes remain the same during the entire game :(

Is adding a jacket changing the outfit ? I don't think it is.

TheRCroft
30-04-11, 13:54
I really hope there is a jungle area to run around in aswell as a cliff region full of snow :jmp: I doubt the snowy region though as they said her clothes remain the same during the entire game :(

Is adding a jacket changing the outfit ? I don't think it is.

Me too, I want the island to have different types of places! I wonder if there will be a desert too :pi: But they said she would adapt her clothes to the different environments of the island.. Maybe we can make a coat out of some animal skin. (okay, I doubt about this)

larafan25
30-04-11, 14:43
Me too, I want the island to have different types of places! I wonder if there will be a desert too :pi: But they said she would adapt her clothes to the different environments of the island.. Maybe we can make a coat out of some animal skin. (okay, I doubt about this)

We've seen numerous boots around, in fact I think there is one sitting in the fire in one of the latest screens.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a jacket somewhere...on a scavenger.:pi:

NRO.
30-04-11, 14:50
It would be so Lara-ry for her to rip off a jacket or pants of some corpse. :cln:

larafan25
30-04-11, 15:13
It would be so Lara-ry for her to rip off a jacket or pants of some corpse. :cln:

If CD totally want to pump up the nostalgia they could have us find a pilot jacket in one of the crashed air planes. :pi:

robm_2007
30-04-11, 17:31
If CD totally want to pump up the nostalgia they could have us find a pilot jacket in one of the crashed air planes. :pi:

**** Core nostalgia, it's time to make some NEW nostalgia :pi:

Evan C.
30-04-11, 17:43
**** Core nostalgia, it's time to make some NEW nostalgia :pi:

:tmb:

MiCkiZ88
30-04-11, 18:20
Since there is going to be the main camp where you're able to replay previously completed quests/missions, why not add some bonus quests which are not necessarily related to the main story? Maybe even some co op missions with certain crew members like gathering tools from the den or some cavern/temple to make new weapons, tools. I mean, you need to survive, why not add more survival quests which will aid you on the main story.

Linoshi Croft
30-04-11, 18:25
I think that would be really cool the camp works as a hub with all your quest DLC could be easily added.

MiCkiZ88
30-04-11, 18:34
Dlc or not, it should still have at least some side quests to increase replayability and lenght of the game.

Hunting for certain game/creatures
Item Scavenger and Versus Scavenger mode (race againts the other scavengers on the island who want you dead from spot a to spot b whilst collecting items as much as you can)
Scavenger hunt (same as above except you are the one hunting)
Defending your basecamp
etc. etc.

just few ideas.

Treasures
30-04-11, 22:09
i think you should add the aspect of time. include night and day, sunrise and sunset. that would be breathtaking and would give you a real idea of what time it is in your surroundings! it would, of course, make your game world feel more realisitic.

scremanie
01-05-11, 12:21
Music for the trailer;

bESXj4NH_4k

_Awestruck_
01-05-11, 13:51
No.

ibyuvftcrtcvt
01-05-11, 17:12
i think you should add the aspect of time. include night and day, sunrise and sunset. that would be breathtaking and would give you a real idea of what time it is in your surroundings! it would, of course, make your game world feel more realisitic.

So true!

Linoshi Croft
01-05-11, 17:46
We have Lara's watch . . I don't think they have done anything with it yet but it would be interesting if they did.

Lukass
01-05-11, 17:50
Music for the trailer;

:confused:

:vlol: No!

Evan C.
01-05-11, 18:06
The music for the trailer already exist, it's the piece we heard from Alexander Dimitrekjvic..or something like that (sorry, too hard for remember)

Lukass
01-05-11, 18:11
Yeah, this one! I love it! This brilliant piece of music perfectly demonstrate the atmosphere of the game. I can't wait to hear more! Tomb Raider had always brilliant soundtrack and this will not be an exception.

4u-l0zZXaeM

Raider4Ever96
01-05-11, 21:45
This is pure nitpicking but, does anyone else feel bothered about how Lara's necklace is so crappy looking compared to the renders? I hope it's just unfinished and they work on it more later...:pi:

Lukass
01-05-11, 21:50
This is pure nitpicking but, does anyone else feel bothered about how Lara's necklace is so crappy looking compared to the renders? I hope it's just unfinished and they work on it more later...:pi:

Its not finished yet I believe, that's why it looks how does it looks.

Evan C.
01-05-11, 21:53
Its not finished yet I believe, that's why it looks how does it looks.

All the images are from December 2010 I think, so the work is by far better than that.We will be able to judge more precisely at E3, when we see her boo....I mean, knecklace bouncing all around her chest.

:ton:

Lukass
01-05-11, 21:55
All the images are from December 2010 I think, so the work is by far better than that.We will be able to judge more precisely at E3, when we see her boo....I mean, knecklace bouncing all around her chest.

:ton:

Yeah, Lara's chest...that's what you're focusing on :p :vlol:

scremanie
02-05-11, 09:14
No.
Yes.

:confused:
:vlol: No!
Why?

The music for the trailer already exist, it's the piece we heard from Alexander Dimitrekjvic..or something like that (sorry, too hard for remember)

Yeah, this one! I love it! This brilliant piece of music perfectly demonstrate the atmosphere of the game. I can't wait to hear more! Tomb Raider had always brilliant soundtrack and this will not be an exception.

4u-l0zZXaeM
That's not the music for the trailer.

Lukass
02-05-11, 11:26
^ Because I don't like games soundtracks with songs I like instrumental soundtracks only.

And no, that's not the music for the trailer, but it's officialy confirmed track from the game and it's perfect.

Linoshi Croft
02-05-11, 16:47
But Karl said it was the music for the trailer . . .

_Awestruck_
02-05-11, 18:59
Yes it is the music for the trailer.

Linoshi Croft
02-05-11, 19:01
Why are people saying it isn't :confused:

Evan C.
02-05-11, 19:06
Yeah, Lara's chest...that's what you're focusing on :p :vlol:

Haha I am gay enough to being able to enjoy Lara without thinking on ****ing with her, wich is basically A-mazing.

Lukass
02-05-11, 19:09
Haha I am gay enough to being able to enjoy Lara without thinking on ****ing with her, wich is basically A-mazing.

I know, right? :p

Evan C.
02-05-11, 19:12
I know, right? :p

I suppose that, but you never know.Probably my straight side belongs to Bayonetta :cln:

Lukass
02-05-11, 19:15
I suppose that, but you never know.Probably my straight side belongs to Bayonetta :cln:

What straight side, please? :vlol: Don't be ridiculous :p

Evan C.
02-05-11, 19:17
What straight side, please? :vlol: Don't be ridiculous :p

Hahaha omg you have no idea...in fact, I am like a straight who likes guys, so techically, I am strgay....I look like a straight, but I am gay.

We should back to topic or use PM for this :p

Lukass
02-05-11, 19:34
Hahaha omg you have no idea...in fact, I am like a straight who likes guys, so techically, I am strgay....I look like a straight, but I am gay.

We should back to topic or use PM for this :p

I'm gay too, you already know :D And I can guarantee you, I'm not girlish at all! PM me to learn more :D

Lara_Fan_33
03-05-11, 00:06
Im straight, and videogame characters arent really a turn-on for me :vlol: well except Lara, shes the sex :cln: Btw i completely forgot how amazing that little bit of music from the game is, if you listen to it while looking at the new screenshots its just... :eek: :cln:

just*raidin*tomb
03-05-11, 00:27
That's not the music for the trailer.

Yes it is. Confirmed by Karl. It is legit music exerpt from the trailer.

TRNation
04-05-11, 12:08
Im straight, and videogame characters arent really a turn-on for me :vlol: well except Lara, shes the sex :cln: Btw i completely forgot how amazing that little bit of music from the game is, if you listen to it while looking at the new screenshots its just... :eek: :cln:

Haha And here I was thinking I was the only one who thought the same thing. You just can't beat grimy British aristocrats in bikinis, I guess. :p

Lufik
04-05-11, 15:45
Hi :)
I'm back here <3

robm_2007
04-05-11, 16:52
I think that the Left analog stick should work (if it isn't already) as the "Manual Grab." I sorta imagine that's how it will work. They talk about being able to steer mid-air if you want to grab something off to the side.

You run, jump and push (and hold) the LAS in the direction of the ledge/railing/etc that you want to grab. If you don't hold or push the analog stick while jumping, then it's just a regular jump. But by pushing (and holding) the LAS in the direction of the item you wish to grab, then Lara will have her hands and arms reach out to grab it.

Or, if you are jumping, and want to change where you will land, then you just push it off to the direction you want and then release it, as to not have her change animations like she were to want to grab a ledge.

Although it sounds confusing on paper :pi:

mikesamillion2
05-05-11, 20:46
it would be truly amazing if you discovered Emelia Earharts plane and maybe a diary log! oh how awesome that would be ^^

danraid
05-05-11, 21:20
Sorry to post it here, but does anyone also think of TOMB RAIDER when this commercial airs:

KGDVY_jyfDM
It screams Tomb Raider to me except for the happiness.

Underhoe
05-05-11, 21:35
Sorry to post it here, but does anyone also think of TOMB RAIDER when this commercial airs:

KGDVY_jyfDM
It screams Tomb Raider to me except for the happiness.

Emily. <3

The1andOnlyTR
15-05-11, 03:42
Not to take influence from or make comparisons to other games, but, I think Tomb Raider should have realistic enemies. Like in Undead Nightmare when John is looking for the Sasquatches, they are roaming the hills in the distance. It's scary and unsettling. I love it. :D

larafan25
15-05-11, 03:49
^Yes!

AI needs to be so smart that it's dumb though. So I need to be Lara behind a tree as I watch a scavenger do something further into the forest, that would be so sick and intense. Also being able to hide from enemies and loose them.

Of course none of this is going to happen so I should just shut up. :/

Fan
15-05-11, 04:44
^Yes!

AI needs to be so smart that it's dumb though. So I need to be Lara behind a tree as I watch a scavenger do something further into the forest, that would be so sick and intense. Also being able to hide from enemies and loose them.

Of course none of this is going to happen so I should just shut up. :/

I sometimes wonder how far along did they plan out this Reboot and what minor details did they try to add to make the game as "survival of the fitest" as possible. I read "gore gore" and "blood this and that" and "she says sh_t"... you know, things that I play video games for but I haven't really heard anything about survival tactics. There isn't any combat, right? For the most part, Lara will be learning everything as she goes along, which I kind of don't like. IDK. I just think the should of made her a tad bit younger. It probably doesn't matter but if she was 20 instead of 21 (because the being 20... I'll explain later...) IDK... it just seems like her resilence would be a bit more appealing. She'd be expected to have a bit of immaturity to her yet still a sense of knowing as Lara Croft was never a dumb girl.

I'm rambling again. The game is already in progress so this is all a bit ekk. I just hope it doesn't receive the same treatment as Devil May cry's "reboot."

I also hope the next game focuses more on Richard Croft's story and his influence on his daughter which in my opinion would have made for a better game than her running around with Roth. Her father's legacy is something I've been interested in for years. IDK. If this game was all about following her father for the first time on an expedition that turns into a nasty battle between him and say Natla's people before Natla sent him off to find Lara's mother, that would've been so bad ass.

Had it started off with Richard Croft, I think it would've made training Lara a lot interesting. The first level or so would've been Lara following her father around, learning balance and techniques, showing her the ropes... Roth... Roth just seems... eh.

tbc...

TippingWater
15-05-11, 22:35
I sometimes wonder how far along did they plan out this Reboot and what minor details did they try to add to make the game as "survival of the fitest" as possible. I read "gore gore" and "blood this and that" and "she says sh_t"... you know, things that I play video games for but I haven't really heard anything about survival tactics. There isn't any combat, right? For the most part, Lara will be learning everything as she goes along, which I kind of don't like. IDK. I just think the should of made her a tad bit younger. It probably doesn't matter but if she was 20 instead of 21 (because the being 20... I'll explain later...) IDK... it just seems like her resilence would be a bit more appealing. She'd be expected to have a bit of immaturity to her yet still a sense of knowing as Lara Croft was never a dumb girl.

I'm rambling again. The game is already in progress so this is all a bit ekk. I just hope it doesn't receive the same treatment as Devil May cry's "reboot."

I also hope the next game focuses more on Richard Croft's story and his influence on his daughter which in my opinion would have made for a better game than her running around with Roth. Her father's legacy is something I've been interested in for years. IDK. If this game was all about following her father for the first time on an expedition that turns into a nasty battle between him and say Natla's people before Natla sent him off to find Lara's mother, that would've been so bad ass.

Had it started off with Richard Croft, I think it would've made training Lara a lot interesting. The first level or so would've been Lara following her father around, learning balance and techniques, showing her the ropes... Roth... Roth just seems... eh.

tbc...
And so the Tomb Raider soap opera begins :p:ton: . . .

StarsRPD
23-05-11, 06:09
Shooting of dual pistols like in TR1.

ozzman
23-05-11, 13:43
some other ideas for details and stuff

-Slide faster on Wet slopes
-better chance of slipping/loosing grip on wet climbing areas
-lara may trip or fall while running if you run over a rocky/bumpy terrain or when Injured
-Lara's Clothing rips accordingly to were she is hit but will never reveal anything
-Footprints

Legend of Lara
29-05-11, 23:11
Make it a kart racer.

jflb
31-05-11, 18:08
In Tr Facebook have said:

Thanks again for the support. Let's get the official Tomb Raider page to 15,000 "likes," and we'll release the first reward for your efforts!

_Awestruck_
31-05-11, 19:51
Make it a kart racer.

Best idea ever.

tampi
01-06-11, 10:56
Camera angles and new perspectives is the future. :tmb:

http://i.imgur.com/ZqfRO.jpg (http://imgur.com/ZqfRO)
Good way!

Lukass
01-06-11, 10:57
Camera angles and new perspectives is the future. :tmb:

http://i.imgur.com/ZqfRO.jpg (http://imgur.com/ZqfRO)
Good way!

Exactly! Love that image...even more because it's screenshot! :jmp:

Kiss-Bite
01-06-11, 12:03
That is indeed a very impressive atmospheric screen! :cln:

jojimbo
03-06-11, 16:09
I would love to see more unarmed combat, ie karate kicks, Bourne style combat and less shooting tbh.
And if shooting...realistic ballistics.

Peanut
04-06-11, 06:07
As lovely as the screenshots are, Lara just seems so bland and I mean that like they are trying to bring life into Lara, emotions and whatnot but they seem to be lacking the direction in which Lara will actually look life-like as in realistic in the game. She still looks cartoony to me. Tbh but I guess I'll have to wait to see more from the game. :)

Supernova
04-06-11, 12:30
I hope we get to explore the shoreline and stranded shipwrecks, that would be so awesome :D

Stefy
05-06-11, 00:20
The trailer is awesome, I just like it. Now, I expect so much from thise game, there is something that I like, and something I don't. This is a revolution of Lara Croft, and I hope a good one. I don't like because this is all diferent, like a new world, there isn't our old Lara with guns, climbing and jumping in the trailer, figtinh dinosaurus and other villains, this is a new Lara. Like she said "I knew what I've had to become". That's it because I don't like it, I hope the next parts will return our old Lara because I can't change this for the other one, no way. Anyway, if the revolution will be good, then I'll like it, and I think this is gonna be good, the only thing I don't like is that this Lara isn't that we knew earlier. I feel a little sad.

Kelly Craftman
06-06-11, 15:43
I would love Croft Manor after we compete the game as a reward :)

bringmebliss
06-06-11, 16:48
^ this!

Cali
06-06-11, 18:14
I would love Croft Manor after we compete the game as a reward :)

Would it be Croft Manor though? It's kinda a pile of ash now or just a random demolished area. So, it would probably be one of her other estates...if she even has those now. In her previous life (if that's what it is now) she got 3 homes from the court battle with the rest of her family. But that might have changed now...?

Kelly Craftman
06-06-11, 18:15
Would it be Croft Manor though? It's kinda a pile of ash now or just a random demolished area. So, it would probably be one of her other estates...if she even has those now. In her previous life (if that's what it is now) she got 3 homes from the court battle with the rest of her family. But that might have changed now...?

But isn't it set before Underworld?

Cali
06-06-11, 18:22

Oh yeah damnit forgot about that! Ah well, doesn't matter then. She would still have her home haha...It would be nice to see a different one for a change though. I would like to have somewhere new to explore! But I wouldn't want it to stray from the game..I've said before that I wouldn't want to be playing around on the island then want a quick break to go change my clothes and chill in the manor. If they do have her home available, I don't think it would be playable during the game. But yeah, something at the end as a reward would be kinda cool :D But what would be it's point if nothing more than just to run around in? Would there have to be some kind of mini level like in Anniversary?

.:Tirivol:.
06-06-11, 18:35

with this episode, TRUnderworld never existed :D

Cali
06-06-11, 21:30
with this episode, TRUnderworld never existed :D

Which kinda sucks :/ But atleast her parents are still alive now...or...aren't they... Ohhh and she doesn't know Zip or Alister or Amanda or Anaya. Well her facebook friends is going down dramatically then..

Kelly Craftman
07-06-11, 07:45
Which kinda sucks :/ But atleast her parents are still alive now...or...aren't they... Ohhh and she doesn't know Zip or Alister or Amanda or Anaya. Well her facebook friends is going down dramatically then..

she will know Anaya and Amanda because she went to school with them.

Lukass
07-06-11, 07:49
she will know Anaya and Amanda because she went to school with them.

NOT in this TOMB RAIDER universe. None of those characters we know from old TR's doesn't even exist now.

NRO.
07-06-11, 07:54
NOT in this TOMB RAIDER universe. None of those characters we know from old TR's doesn't even exist now.

HA!

Take that Larson fans!

Cali
07-06-11, 12:12
HA!

Take that Larson fans!

NOOOO what about Pierre? aka zee french bald git? oh well. he died anyway.

Kelly Craftman
07-06-11, 12:13
HA!

Take that Larson fans!

I love Larson :( *runs off crying*

Saman
07-06-11, 15:47
I love Larson :( *runs off crying*

Me too Kelly ! Im gonna missed Winston, he was a good old man ! With all kind to him, still allegian to lara ...
oh !!! http://******************/sad-smiley-17025.gif

Cali
07-06-11, 15:53
Me too Kelly ! Im gonna missed Winston, he was a good old man ! With all kind to him, still allegian to lara ...
oh !!! http://******************/sad-smiley-17025.gif

Wait...we don't even get Winston anymore?! NOOOOO </3 That is a step tooo far!

LaraCroft7564
07-06-11, 21:20
I think it would be a great game if she didn't moan so much. Honestly this isn't Final Fantasy, she should not be doing that. They want female friendly yet all I'm reading in other forums is how she makes men want to :cen: cuz she moans all the dang time. :hea: Maybe they're making up for getting rid of her boobs? Idk. Either way, Tomb Raider looks like a playable game.

Lukass
07-06-11, 21:23
I think it would be a great game if she didn't moan so much. Honestly this isn't Final Fantasy, she should not be doing that. They want female friendly yet all I'm reading in other forums is how she makes men want to :cen: cuz she moans all the dang time. :hea: Maybe they're making up for getting rid of her boobs? Idk. Either way, Tomb Raider looks like a playable game.

She will moan because she's injured and she's escaping bloody cavern and lunatic tribesman is hunting her! I want her to moan! I want her to express what she fells!

http://i52.************/2aakjz8.gif

larafan25
11-06-11, 16:40
The enemies better grab you in close general combat encounters.

NRO.
11-06-11, 16:56
She will moan because she's injured and she's escaping bloody cavern and lunatic tribesman is hunting her! I want her to moan! I want her to express what she fells!

[IMGIMG]

I don't want her to sound like a porn star while she's doing it. (as in falling down things). She sounds like she's [Mod Notice: Sentances like these are too strong even for MGC] in a ditch. Her moans are not even funny anymore, it sounds forced and just plain wrong.

tainanlctr
12-06-11, 15:18
The plot itself does not have anything creative, someone has an accident and then ship trautica use this experience to survive the extinct anyway ... but I believe from what I observed gora up with Lara's theme this renewed sense of using a different angle. Lara uam island takes another concept different from other stories dealt with this topic

tainanlctr
12-06-11, 15:27
Now speaking of the game, the first I have to say is just the graphics are horrible, so I enjoyed a game of Playstation 2. Up to launch the Xbox 360 that has improved dramatically, and we all know well that for the PC has to be top has the standard long ago is the Full HD 1080p directx a11 (soon 12 with Windos 8) technology of the 6 monitors AMD physiscs and 3D stereoscopic NVDIA strengthening (improved compared to my PS3). Hope you make out of all this, because if I use a good computer I want the best for the franchise that I'm a fan has to earn my money with a high quality product

tainanlctr
12-06-11, 15:30
The fluidity dalara is real pretty, but the way that "nature"is being used and is shipping, because the following happens: it touches the torch at the object, it begins to shine and begins to burn (no smoke without leaving ashes appear lol ) in a few shelves and suddenly the object disappears. It's too fake

Lukass
12-06-11, 15:59
The fluidity dalara is real pretty, but the way that "nature"is being used and is shipping, because the following happens: it touches the torch at the object, it begins to shine and begins to burn (no smoke without leaving ashes appear lol ) in a few shelves and suddenly the object disappears. It's too fake

Use Edit to edit your posts, no multiple post :wve:

and :vlol: at this comment...either my English is really crap or I'm total moron...I don't get it AT ALL...like AT ALL!

PS: What's "dalara" :confused:

larafan25
12-06-11, 16:43
I think he or she means that the flame itself looks nice...however the burning seems fake. Because the flame just crawls up the items and disappears with a yellow glow.

HAHA LOOOL XD
13-06-11, 09:21
I would love to have some sort of rage mode where Lara would do just hand to hand combat and we could interact with the environmental to kick some ass

scremanie
13-06-11, 09:24
That sounds.... terrible. No offense.

Shark_Blade
13-06-11, 11:40
Kinda like the Adrenaline Dodge, but on Lara so she can...rage? :confused:

Wut?

Seriously.

Zippo
13-06-11, 18:23
Well I do like the rage idea, she often has to fight against animals

larafan25
13-06-11, 19:23
I this game has a rage mode I will rage mode.

Linoshi Croft
13-06-11, 19:43
Rage mode . . we are talking about TR right ? :confused:

tainanlctr
14-06-11, 02:53
Because it does not lower the fringe o.O
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/95/sspreview263815tombraid.jpg

Jeissy
14-06-11, 14:52
Let's not turn TR also into RPG or anything of the sort. It might be a reboot but it is Tomb Raider. As much as they want to distance this one from the previous of the series, the game should still be under the title's concept.

Because it does not lower the fringe o.O
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/95/sspreview263815tombraid.jpg

Great notice! :eek: Hopefully, it's just been left out due to the showcase of the demo and will be fixed for the grand release.

Linoshi Croft
14-06-11, 15:04
Well Lara can construct tool and level up, so the game will contain RPG elements.

Jeissy
14-06-11, 15:09
Yet, adding all other elements of the RPG seems too excessive to me.

Linoshi Croft
14-06-11, 15:12
Yet, adding all other elements of the RPG seems too excessive to me.

Like what,what do you thinks to far?

Jeissy
15-06-11, 13:56
Like what,what do you thinks to far?

Having too many obvious elements of the RPG and thus turning the game automatically into such a game.

Linoshi Croft
15-06-11, 13:57
Examples ? :p

Jeissy
15-06-11, 14:06
Well, a number of possible endings, responsive environment and NPCs, total freedom in being able to do whatever you want, having different storylines even to a specific character and that's pretty much in general what I can think of now. xD

Raider4Ever96
15-06-11, 17:22
Random Suggestion: I think they should change the position of her bow. It looked great in the trailer.:p

Lukass
15-06-11, 18:59
Random Suggestion: I think they should change the position of her bow. It looked great in the trailer.:p

No. The bow's position is going to be like on the screenshots and renders, right?

Raider4Ever96
15-06-11, 23:39
Well I've noticed in a lot of the screens that the string tends to go through Lara's model a lot. It looks a little more convenient when it was flat on her back inside the holster in the trailer.

I just want this game to be perfect and stuff like that irks me lol :p

Vanni
17-06-11, 03:48
1) I want her ponytail to come undone in (a) certain part(s) of her adventure. And not only that, but move more realistically when she's running around. I don't want her hair to just fly out behind her with a simple step...

2) I also want the pushing-bushes-and-brush aside from Underworld to return, only better.

3) When she get's wet (after swimming or whatever she will do), I don't want her to dry off in a few moments like in Legend. It should be more realistic and take an extended amount of time.

4) I also really want a limit on the amount of bullets in whatever guns she may use.

5) NO INVISIBLE WALLS!

x

xlocke
20-06-11, 18:57
The game must:

*Multiplayer!! (must.)

*Her hair must look realistic! (like Alice Madness Return):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8_cly2dgXY&feature=relmfu

*Bonuses!! (like outfits and bonus weapons , mods and Etc :P )

*Lara must look like her-self:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7951/57688316.jpg

*The cutsence mustn't be Japanese.... (you know.. like final fantazy)

*Lara need to show more pain

*The new TOMB RAIDER - must be more serious because the game is for 18+ !!

GoOd LuCk :)

larafan25
20-06-11, 19:41
I'm sure if you don't buy the Japanese version the cutscenes won't be Japanese.:)

anniversarytr11
20-06-11, 19:44
Make the game AMAZING. That is my suggestion :) please use this suggestion USE IT CD :p

larafan25
20-06-11, 19:45
Get rid of cameras showing us stuff we don't need to see.