PDA

View Full Version : Are CD recreating the Core series?

AnthonyShock1515
18-11-08, 19:23
They have done TRA as the TR1 of the series. But, I've noticed with this game, it has a lot of elements that are similar to what was in TR2. We have the wetsuit and the whole underwater exploration going on, just like TR2. The ship level reminds me of the Oil Rig level, just it's environments and atmosphere. We have the Norse Island level, which is like Tibet in TR2. We have the Yeti's as well. The Thailand level has that oriental theme, which relates to the China levels. It has Tigers too. The giant spiders were also a highlight of TR2 that are in this game. Somehow, the Xibalba room reminds me of Temple of Xian because it looks so dark and complex. And Lara's home is invaded, like TR2. And finally, there is the serpant at the end (which we apparently don't see) like the dragon at the end of TR2.

Does anyone feel that they're trying to mimic the effect of the second TR game by having all of these TR2-esque elements?:p

I mean, hey, I aint complainin, TR2 was my fave!

]{eith
18-11-08, 19:26
Well if they are, who could blame them? TRII was a mammoth success, so incorporating the design and concepts that made the original TRs so popular with the new advanced control systems is a good idea.

Chocola teapot
18-11-08, 19:26
In my oppinion They should! there will be alot of peole saying no, but I like the idea of tomb raider 3 remake! :D

Ps: my friends always say naaaaaaah, game companies never make remakes of the 2nd and 3rd games.
only the first...

HollabackBoy
18-11-08, 19:32
In my oppinion They should! there will be alot of peole saying no, but I like the idea of tomb raider 3 remake! :D

Nah, a Tomb Raider 2 remake would be the cherry on the top for me. :jmp:

jeffrey van oort
18-11-08, 19:34
I must say the first time I saw these helicopters on that deck I thought of TRII right away.
I do would like to see a TRII remake. (Imagine the dragon with a tru engine ;o)
Also TRII was the first game I had ever played on a pc:) so yeah I like it:D

EgyptianSoul
18-11-08, 19:37
If they wanna remake each past TR into a soap opera then why not. :cool: Ok, I'm being a bit too evil.

krycekuva
18-11-08, 19:39
i feel it more into the TR3 line... searching for different artifacts all over the globe, thailand looking like india, some higtech places, some other icy ones... lots of new movements... and so on... the rest reminds me of TRAOD...

Chocola teapot
18-11-08, 19:44
Nah, a Tomb Raider 2 remake would be the cherry on the top for me. :jmp:

I'd love to see a tr2 remake aswell! I request a poll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dooch
18-11-08, 19:56
I am not that fond on anymore remakes except for AOD maybe because the game was a bit glitched.
I do like the idea of CD looking more at the Core Tomb Raider games for inspiration.

Pan
18-11-08, 19:58
They have done TRA as the TR1 of the series. But, I've noticed with this game, it has a lot of elements that are similar to what was in TR2. We have the wetsuit and the whole underwater exploration going on, just like TR2. The ship level reminds me of the Oil Rig level, just it's environments and atmosphere. We have the Norse Island level, which is like Tibet in TR2. We have the Yeti's as well. The Thailand level has that oriental theme, which relates to the China levels. It has Tigers too. And Lara's home is invaded, like TR2.

Does anyone feel that they're trying to mimic the effect of the second TR game by having all of these TR2-esque elements?:p

Spoilers :(

Chocola teapot
18-11-08, 19:58
I am not that fond on anymore remakes except for AOD maybe because the game was a bit glitched.
I do like the idea of CD looking more at the Core Tomb Raider games for inspiration.

I mostly agree with you on all but I would really love to see crystal edit the games to blend with theirs (without destroying it in any way)

toxicraider
18-11-08, 20:00
They said in an interview they were influence by TRII, and that TR9 would be influenced by TRIII, not recreating as such, but just copying the locations haha.

MMAN
18-11-08, 20:00
It's not really modelled after any specific game at all (although it seems closest to 2 and 3); the water bits seem very TR2 styled, but then stuff like Thailand and the sprint is more like TR3.

Pan
18-11-08, 20:01
TR2 would be amAZing imagine Venice or the final level with that!!! :jmp:

Chocola teapot
18-11-08, 20:02
TR2 would be amAZing imagine Venice or the final level with that!!! :jmp:

OH venice would be gorgeous in next gen! Ooooooh and the maria doria!

Mr. Giraffe
18-11-08, 20:06
I would not mind CD making a remake of TR2 however it would very anticlimatic for Lara to travel around the world only to end up in the same exact spot. It would too similar to Legend and plus Lara's mansion was already blown up, for the next game we should have a completely new story line with new characters. Maybe from there there could be a hint of TR2 which could led to a complete revamp of the entire storyline. Like I said for now its time CD gets there chance to something completely new.

Chocola teapot
18-11-08, 20:11
I would not mind CD making a remake of TR2 however it would very anticlimatic for Lara to travel around the world only to end up in the same exact spot. It would too similar to Legend and plus Lara's mansion was already blown up, for the next game we should have a completely new story line with new characters. Maybe from there there could be a hint of TR2 which could led to a complete revamp of the entire storyline. Like I said for now its time CD gets there chance to something completely new.

Yes, I do agree But wouldn't a tr2 remake do so well!

Mr. Giraffe
18-11-08, 22:02

Yeah it would do great however CD needs to implement their own ideas first. Not just alter ideas already created. Granted they did a splendid job its time we see them do something new. Plus Cores TRs were completely independent from one another. There needs to be a better transition and a new TR could lead to a TR2 remake.

ajrich17901
18-11-08, 22:02

No it wouldnt cuz they would butcher it

Anarae
18-11-08, 22:31
Crystal D built TRU on the basis of: What would Lara do?

If Lara could do these moves in the past, why can't she do them now? That's where you're seeing the sprint, the aod wall hug, the chronicles balancing on beams, and etc. They brought back things Lara should be able to do.

The yetis/spiders and etc. were little tidbits from the classics. They mixed old and new, though I won't reveal any awesome enemies here.

ben croft
18-11-08, 22:33
TR is dead for me. Underworld is not that good and I hate the fact that the engine was not built up from scratch... liar!!

:rolleyes:

Kittypower
18-11-08, 22:34
TR is dead for me. Underworld is not that good and I hate the fact that the engine was not built up from scratch... liar!!

:rolleyes:

have you played it:)

Angelx14
18-11-08, 22:37

I believe so. As muhc as I would like that, I doubt they will make TR2 remake. And as there are so many people who want that, I believe they are trying to add some things to remind of TR2 without making the remake. I could be wrong tho.

Ruediger
18-11-08, 23:30
yetis in underworl???i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeeee spoilers:-((

Dian
18-11-08, 23:32
I would LOVE if they remade all the Tomb Raider games, especially TR2.

AnthonyShock1515
18-11-08, 23:33
I'm not really complaining here, I LOVE TR2:p It's my fav game.

Somehow, the Bhogvati level reminds me of the early venice lvels because of the tweeting birds lol.:o

Pan
18-11-08, 23:35
yetis in underworl???i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeeee spoilers:-((

I NOE!!! I haet dem 2 :mad:

Kiss-Bite
18-11-08, 23:41
Lots of things in TRU also certainly reminded me of TR2, which I don't mind as TR2 is one of my all time favourite games!:D

ZIP!2009
18-11-08, 23:42
oh and the mediteranen big swim is like 40 fathoms...with the sharks

illuminati30
19-11-08, 00:01
Apparently not, as the game is supposed to be very short in length.

rowanlim
19-11-08, 05:40
Hm I want them to remake AOD...I don't mind if there's a TR2 remake 10 yrs from now ;)

abdul wahab
19-11-08, 06:25
TR Series is a pure sequence and has specific Aims and Goals and From Core to Crystal to.........whatever the Sequence will not deviate from the Mean Goals and Aims.