PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Question

Trent92
19-11-08, 08:26
OK. Today we bought a new monitor for our computer. It's a 19" widescreen Acer X193W. it's plug and play, so all we had to do was plug it in to use it. But, I don't think it is configured to widescreen so it seems out of proportion. I was wondering if there's a way for me to fix this. And I also feel that it's a bit blurry. I have an image here so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://i36.************/2d1nyva.jpg

It might not even be out of proportion, it might just be me being pedantic (lol).
Can someone shed some light on this, please?

And I also have another question. If I want a new wallpaper, will I have to choose a widescreen wallpaper to stop it looking stretched?

Thankyou to all replies.

:)

EscondeR
19-11-08, 08:30
1. Use Auto button on the monitor face or side to adjust the picture.

2. Set the brightness level not higher than 10 via on-screen menu.

3. About wallpapers: You must either choose widescreen or modify it yourself in e.g. Photoshop, for it not to look stretched :)

Punaxe
19-11-08, 11:00
If that picture is a screenshot from your current screen, your display resolution is set to 1024x768, which is not widescreen. Although we can't see it from your picture I assume your monitor is filling the screen, so stretching the image horizontally.
Right click the desktop and go to Properties, Settings and change the resolution to a size and shape that fits your monitor.

Legend Killer
19-11-08, 12:11
You may also want to test out some of the options in your display properties>Apperance>Effects for the text.

Punaxe
19-11-08, 14:30
(...) I also feel that it's a bit blurry. (...)

This always happens when you do not run at the display's native resolution, unless it's a CRT display. So in continuation of my previous post I would recommend you set the resolution to 1440x900.

Trent92
19-11-08, 21:20
This always happens when you do not run at the display's native resolution, unless it's a CRT display. So in continuation of my previous post I would recommend you set the resolution to 1440x900.

That is the highest quality setting of this monitor, but when I try to change it in settings, there is no 1440x900 to choose from. :(

:confused:

Punaxe
19-11-08, 21:25
That is the highest quality setting of this monitor, but when I try to change it in settings, there is no 1440x900 to choose from. :(

:confused:

Whether or not this resolution is available depends both on the monitor and on your graphic card.
Did you try other resolutions instead? Did that solve the problem of the stretched image?

Trent92
20-11-08, 02:50
Whether or not this resolution is available depends both on the monitor and on your graphic card.
Did you try other resolutions instead? Did that solve the problem of the stretched image?

I suppose I could try another resolution. How much would a new graphic card cost?

:)

EscondeR
20-11-08, 06:02
^ To determine what your PC can hold run Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) and post the report.

1. To be able to use all monitor resolutions install native monitor drivers from supplied CD.
2. If you're still unable to use 1440x900, then use any close resolution of 16:9 ratio line.