PDA

View Full Version : stuck in mexico, rise the bridge help!

rendgen
20-11-08, 23:30
Im in Mexico, I solved the puzzle with circles, the door to the cave opened betwen fire breathing dragons, In inside on a bike, the hendle on the right doesnt move, so i ride the bike to the left, at the and of the road is wooden ramp (bridge), the ramp is lowered down, i don't know how to raise it up, im serching and serching and nothing found, in game help tells me to climb up ledge and it rise up the ramp, but there is no place to lara to climb or jump, please help internet walkthroughs got only easy mode where the ramp is up allready.

Kadi500
21-11-08, 04:10
Simply... Look up :)

If you don't see anything, see THIS (http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=yz1s9ow7I2g#t=0m50s).

ChingKong
21-11-08, 04:56
if ur playing as tomb raider then you have to go on the pole go up again and get on the ledge and stay on until it goes down all the way, the bridge will rise and then you drop dpwn. get on ur bike and rev up and just ride over the gap

tenki
21-11-08, 09:06
I'm having the same problem, I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. It's right when you first enter the midgard serpent section. The very first deep pit at the bottom of the stairs is uncrossable. I've been trying to figure it out for about 5 hours now.

siouxsiecrux
21-11-08, 09:07
I do not understand why you do not work it out yourself, internet help is truly destroying Tomb Raider frustration :ton:

tenki
21-11-08, 09:09
BTW kadi500, the part at which your video link starts is after having already crossed 2 pits. We're stuck on the first pit.

rendgen
21-11-08, 09:44
yes, the same as Tenkis problem, it's a first pit there, i'm playing as tomb raider dificukty and im here http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5021/tombraiderht5.jpg and there is no place to climb on to or jump, once again it is the first pit in that cave at the begining

tenki
21-11-08, 09:51
I've been looking around, people are saying it's a glitch and if you reload the game it fixes itself after a couple tries. Hasn't worked for me yet :( This is a pretty big issue to be in the release, shame on you crystal dynamics! And on the 360, too. Mine's not hooked up to xbox live so I wouldn't be able to download a patch if they made one.

GosH
21-11-08, 09:57
I've also heard from a lot of people with this problem. Two screenshots I've got:

http://shrani.si/f/j/mg/hHBTivx/tr2.jpg

http://shrani.si/f/1G/O7/3H0kS9LK/tr1.jpg

CD or Eidos must fix this :]

rendgen
21-11-08, 10:05
maybe someone got a save after this pit on PC ? we can't play game further without it

loser66
21-11-08, 11:09
It's a bug. The lever-ledge is on the other side...

Kadi500
21-11-08, 11:44
It seems that it is a bug, because this hole is supposed to be activated when you on your way back. It looks like it activates a little too soon :)

rendgen
21-11-08, 11:55
someone with PC version please give us the save after this moment or erlier before going inside this cave! i don't want run that game all over again; is there a way to skip it somehow

Wachters
24-11-08, 20:43
Nope, return to the store and ask your money back.

You should get a working game for your money, and not a broken.

Just ask your money back, this is the only way CD/Eidos will learn that the paying customers at least has something to say.;)

moodydog
24-11-08, 20:50
i know i may get banned for this (i hope not :p :o)
i havent (and i will give proof)

But this is the exact reason why you should download the game first, therefore if it has bugs in it, you know not to buy it as the bug prevents you from getting through the game (i.e paying full amount for half the experience) ,if it is got no bugs, and your satisfied, then buy the game.
if customer buys, they have rights to the full potential of that product, if they are not satisfied (like bugs which only allow them half of the products use), they have rights to replace the game or to take it back
you MUST take it back (i dont know if it is only on a few TRU CD's , coz it works on mine)

nickp364
24-11-08, 20:51
This happened to my brother and he can't beat the level and his only autosave is in the cave. Hopefully a patch is issued.

tlr online
24-11-08, 20:57
Please see this post (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3249238&postcount=5) for a possible workaround.

Wachters
24-11-08, 21:41
That trainer can't do jack ****.

Get back to the store and ask for a refund.

What's next ? Are the developers going to advise us to get a pirated game because that one would work ?

Wachters
24-11-08, 21:43
i know i may get banned for this (i hope not :p :o)
i havent (and i will give proof)

But this is the exact reason why you should download the game first, therefore if it has bugs in it, you know not to buy it as the bug prevents you from getting through the game (i.e paying full amount for half the experience) ,if it is got no bugs, and your satisfied, then buy the game.
if customer buys, they have rights to the full potential of that product, if they are not satisfied (like bugs which only allow them half of the products use), they have rights to replace the game or to take it back
you MUST take it back (i dont know if it is only on a few TRU CD's , coz it works on mine)

That's exactly what I'm going to start doing, after all, people pirate games because they aren't worth their price, and after 5 games your OS is crippling and buggy of all the different crap copy protections.

I'm sick of it, that was the last game I bought, and I'm even going to return it. Spending the full price for half a game, no more way !

The_Underworld
22-02-09, 19:27
Sigh, it's a bug people! Don't take your frustration out on us:tea:. You'll need to go back to a save from the unnamed days or protected by the dead. If you return it, you'll regret it for the rest of your life :mis:

freeze10108
22-02-09, 19:39
Saves for Underworld: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=142574

aussie500
22-02-09, 20:33
I've been looking around, people are saying it's a glitch and if you reload the game it fixes itself after a couple tries. Hasn't worked for me yet :( This is a pretty big issue to be in the release, shame on you crystal dynamics! And on the 360, too. Mine's not hooked up to xbox live so I wouldn't be able to download a patch if they made one.

Nope, return to the store and ask your money back.

You should get a working game for your money, and not a broken.

Just ask your money back, this is the only way CD/Eidos will learn that the paying customers at least has something to say.;)

Well this is a bug that very few players would come across and it was not picked up when the game was being tested, its triggered by getting killed before you did the calendar puzzle.

The Cause:

In Southern Mexico - Chapter: Unnamed Days
Upon entering the area before the Calendar puzzles the player drives through an underground tunnel. Turning Left at the fork in the trail (turning right would take you to the first calendar puzzle building which you can see at this junction) and continuing on to the first spike pit which activates a checkpoint. If you die before activating another checkpoint (usually in this same spike pit as mentioned), when you reach the Midgard Serpent level the first ramp to jump the pit will be down and you will not be able to continue.

To avoid this issue when playing through for the first time:

Upon entering the area before the Calendar puzzles the player drives through an underground tunnel. Turning right at the fork in the trail toward the building (and the first Calendar puzzle). Entering the building results in a cinematic, the next Chapter will start (Xibalba) and an autosave will be created. After this, the issue with the Ramp in the Midgard Serpent Chapter will not appear.

Source - http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=426&gmid=215

Those playing on the Xbox360 can simply go back to the beginning of the level and try again. Those playing on the PS3 should make sure they save at the beginning of all the levels just in case something goes wrong. Otherwise you will have to find a savegame or start the game again, TRU is not that long and maybe you will become expert enough not to kill Lara.