PDA

View Full Version : How to update my videocard drivers, please? Help me please! I'm desperate!

Sifo-Dyas
21-11-08, 19:55
Hey

Quick question:

What is the best way to update my videocard driver, please? Do I first uninstall my old driver and THEN install the new one or do I simply install the new one OVER the old one?

I've heard some people say that installing the new one over the old one is quite ok whereas other people say that you really shoúld uninstall the old one firt and only thén install the new one afterwards to void compatability problems or something!

Please help!

Thanks!

Bye for now

EscondeR
21-11-08, 20:07
Well if you have ATI video board it's better to uninstall old drivers using Catalyst Uninstaller (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/cat-uninstaller.zip), reboot then install new drivers manually.

With NVidia board you can install over the old. But if you have any issues accidentally do the same: uninstall old, reboot, install new manually.

Sifo-Dyas
22-11-08, 00:25
With NVidia board you can install over the old. But if you have any issues accidentally do the same: uninstall old, reboot, install new manually.

Ok - thank you very much!

Bye for now