PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Problem! *spoilers about TRU*

demonslayer
22-11-08, 12:48
Hi guys. I was playing TRU this morning and I'm up to Andaman Sea, I was running round on the boat shooting the merc's and then all of a sudden my screen goes black and audio cuts out and the PS3 froze... I managed to eject the disc but i couldnt turn off the PS3 so i had to turn it off from the back which i know is not good but its the only way i could do it.

Has anybody else had this problem? if so is there a way to fix it? and most importantly... WHY DID IT HAPPEN?! :hea:

I sure hope my PS3 isnt broken! or maybe it just overheated? :o

Thanks for any help! :)

EscondeR
22-11-08, 15:14
Actually not enough information to help...

Try the following:
1. Ensure your disc is clean.
2. Ensure your PS3 drive is clean, use CD laser lens cleaner.
3. Make sure ventilation holes on PS3 are not blocked.
4. How many appliances do you have conected to the same outlet as your PS3?

God Horus
22-11-08, 15:36
Hi guys. I was playing TRU this morning and I'm up to Andaman Sea, I was running round on the boat shooting the merc's and then all of a sudden my screen goes black and audio cuts out and the PS3 froze... I managed to eject the disc but i couldnt turn off the PS3 so i had to turn it off from the back which i know is not good but its the only way i could do it.

Has anybody else had this problem? if so is there a way to fix it? and most importantly... WHY DID IT HAPPEN?! :hea:

I sure hope my PS3 isnt broken! or maybe it just overheated? :o

Thanks for any help! :)
I had this exact same problem! [tru spoiler] First my game crashed when I was playing in Mexico. I killed a thrall by throwing a grenade at it, and when the grenade exploded the game went black. In Andaman Sea, I hit a mercenary and it went black. And, in the Arctic Sea, when I met Amelia, the game froze so I had to turn the PS3 off. When I turned it back on and loaded the save, the cutscene didn't start so I had to enter the room on the left without watching the Amelia death cutscene. [/tru spoiler] Other games work perfect on my PS3 and I never have any problems.

EscondeR
22-11-08, 16:35
^ Both please post your graphics settings here.

demonslayer
22-11-08, 16:42
it works fine now... i think the system was just overheated :confused:

thanks for all your help!

and just incase for future references, what do you mean by graphic settings?

God Horus
22-11-08, 16:48
I didn't have any problems during my second playthrough, since I turned the console off for about a half hour after playing for a long time. It was probably overheating, when I touched the side of my console it was incredible hot, and I do keep it in a well-ventilated area, but it can still overheat.

EscondeR
22-11-08, 16:49
I'm not a PS3 owner, but you must have some video settings for the game on your PS3 version (resolution, shadows, effects, etc) - so post the photo of that screen with your current settings.

demonslayer
22-11-08, 20:03
umm no sorry there arent any setting like that on PS3... :o