PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with Walkman CD players

nia1989
24-11-08, 00:20
So I have two CD players which have worked fine in the past, able to play CD-R/RW with no problems but recently neither of them will even read any CDs I've burnt :hea:

shanqz
24-11-08, 00:27
^ can u elaborate what kind of CDs u have burnt....audio, mp3 etc. wat speed u burn ur CDs with. coz if ur burning audio CDs, it is best to burn them at 1x - 4x in order to be readable by older CD players. also check compatibility. if ur CD player does not support a particular format that ur burning, it might not play them.

if ur burning "mixed mode CDs" or "CD Extra" (both of which are supposed to contain software and audio), it might not play on the CD player

nia1989
24-11-08, 00:32
^ can u elaborate what kind of CDs u have burnt....audio, mp3 etc. wat speed u burn ur CDs with. coz if ur burning audio CDs, it is best to burn them at 1x - 4x in order to be readable by older CD players. also check compatibility. if ur CD player does not support a particular format that ur burning, it might not play them.

audio, I believe. I also have an mp3 CD which doesn't work anymore either. I'm not sure what speed, but they definitely used to work in the players before. :o

shanqz
24-11-08, 00:38
oh ok well....

1. does ur CD player support mp3 playback?
2. which software u used to burn CDs?
3. try cleaning the lens with a dry soft cloth (this might work)...

nia1989
24-11-08, 00:41
oh ok well....

1. does ur CD player support mp3 playback?
2. which software u used to burn CDs?

1. Yes
2. Windows Media Player/ Sometimes Nero
3. I'll try that :p

shanqz
24-11-08, 00:49
^ also as a safety measure (for audio CDs), in Windows media player,

tools>options>burn and select "Burn Speed" to slowest or medium (if ur using Windows media player)

nia1989
24-11-08, 00:53
Okay, thank you :)

EscondeR
24-11-08, 06:58

No way!
Never clean the lens with cloth or detergents manually.

Use CD Laser Lens Cleaning disc only.