PDA

View Full Version : Create VISTA backup/installation disk?

fondantcookie
24-11-08, 02:48
Hey I recently bought a new laptop and was advised to create a windows installation/recovery/backup cd if anything goes wrong with it... (ie if a file got corrupt i can simply enter the disk to recover the missing file). Or if i chose to uninstall vista and install XP I would then be able to install vista if necessary at a later date...

I have an official Windows Vista registration key/product ID etc...

Does anyone know how to do this? In the past when i bought a new computer the windows cd came with the product, but for some reason i now haveto create my own... Grrr

Thanks in advance !

shanqz
24-11-08, 03:36
u cannot create a backup DVD/CD from existing files. which laptop make/model u have?

fondantcookie
24-11-08, 05:10
u cannot create a backup DVD/CD from existing files. which laptop make/model u have?

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ323

How do I go about making such a disk then?

Could i simply download a copy of vista via a torrent site, burn it to cd. And use the prodict ID I have?

Or is there an easier way?

Thanks again

shanqz
24-11-08, 05:42
^ No. do not download anything like that. its illegal. every package has a different key and i dont think ur key will work with any other copy of the same OS!

i think u will find important info about recovery on this link (http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=C1000001&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_KNOWLEDGEARTICLES_1_1&dialogID=38185180&stateId=0%200%2038179853)

although its for a different model, the procedure has to be the same...

Admles
24-11-08, 05:48
Hey I recently bought a new laptop and was advised to create a windows installation/recovery/backup cd if anything goes wrong with it... (ie if a file got corrupt i can simply enter the disk to recover the missing file). Or if i chose to uninstall vista and install XP I would then be able to install vista if necessary at a later date...

I have an official Windows Vista registration key/product ID etc...

Does anyone know how to do this? In the past when i bought a new computer the windows cd came with the product, but for some reason i now haveto create my own... Grrr

Thanks in advance !
Most new laptops come with software that allows you to create the recovery discs.

Have a look around the start menu and see what is there.

fondantcookie
24-11-08, 05:55
Most new laptops come with software that allows you to create the recovery discs.

Have a look around the start menu and see what is there.

Thanks guys... problem sorted ! :tmb:

There's a sony vaio recovery utility in the start menu...

I can use that to create a recovery disk so all is well :-) Wicked

Thanks again...

And shanqz; whoops wasn't aware that would be illegal. Thought that a legitimate product code would work but i was wrong... Thank god for the vaio utility :-)

Jeet
24-11-08, 08:13
^ No. do not download anything like that. its illegal. every package has a different key and i dont think ur key will work with any other copy of the same OS!

i think u will find important info about recovery on this link (http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=C1000001&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_KNOWLEDGEARTICLES_1_1&dialogID=38185180&stateId=0%200%2038179853)

although its for a different model, the procedure has to be the same...

who tolf you torrent is illegal. even some time official site provide torrent link. its illegal that time when people using crack or warez. there is no problem if he/she download a trial via torrent.:ton:

and bro as he genuine customer of m$ he can. he need just put his key on vista installation key.;)

torrent mean p2p sharing not illegal sharing.:hug:

EscondeR
24-11-08, 08:28
^ Downloading software via torrent still is illegal as those downloads contain cracks also mostly (unless the software is not free).