PDA

View Full Version : Embedding mp3's in a forum post...

Ilves
24-11-08, 22:12
...Is it possible here on TRF?

I tried imbedding a google controll bar by pasting code within html brackets, but all I got was the actual code displayed in a window. I'm a total noob when it comes to html, so maybe I messed up. Or is it simply disabled?

Very much obliged!

:wve:

Titanium
24-11-08, 22:20
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

We dont accept HTML. :)

Ilves
24-11-08, 22:21
Oh, bummer. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Titanium
24-11-08, 22:22
Oh, bummer. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

No problem.

But you can embed SWF files onto the forum, so if you convert the music into an swf file. You can post it here.

Ilves
24-11-08, 22:24
^ I'll give it a shot. Thanks :)

Ilves
24-11-08, 22:50
Sorry for the double post, but erm... how would I embed a swf file? :p

Mods, feel free to close this thread after a useful reply. :)

EscondeR
25-11-08, 07:14
Try the following:

1. Make a blank video with that MP3 as background sound (the quality of video is unimportant as it'll be blank).

2. Upload the video on Youtube.

3. Post here like this:
your_video_code_on_youtube_site

BTW, why do you need an imbedded MP3 if you can freely post a download link or upload to some music share and post a link :confused:

Ilves
25-11-08, 12:38
Thanks for the tips guys. As for Youtube, nah, I specifically wanted to try a swf. But nevermind, I don't have the software to create a proper swf file anyway.

BTW, why do you need an imbedded MP3 if you can freely post a download link or upload to some music share and post a link

^ User friendliness, that's all. :p

Thanks again, guys. May close. :wve:

spikejones
25-11-08, 21:02
if I am not mistaken, you can use AviDemux to import an mp3 file as the main sound track and use no video or any image source that you want as the video track. Save as flv or AVI format and upload to youtube. Of course, you can just use windows movie maker to do the same thing.

anyhow, the only types of media that we can embed here is images and youtube videos.