PDA

View Full Version : Avalon + Niffleheim + Neppelheim = The Same Place (Heavy Spoilers)

daventry
26-11-08, 09:47
Lara ask Natla about Avalon and she says Amelia went to Neppelheim (The place of Fear and Death so that Natla can Destroy the World) So what is Niffleheim, a place of Beauty.

You can see in this Picture that when Natla went to that Portal, there was a Face of Beauty and a Skull Face of Death, is it Two Worls or One.

http://i38.************/11loe92.jpg

hahaha...no
26-11-08, 09:55
Wut

Carbonek_0051
26-11-08, 09:57
Neppelheim?

There was no such place in TRU.

:confused:

M.A.
26-11-08, 09:59
I think he/she is talking about the faces on the pillar. :)

NightWish
26-11-08, 10:01
HELheim?

Carbonek_0051
26-11-08, 10:01
I think he/she is talking about the faces on the pillar. :)

I know that, and it says in her journal what the faces mean, and it's not what he thinks they are. And Neppelheim is not a place in TRU nor even a place/thing in TRU. Where did you get Neppelheim from Daventry?

:confused:

HELheim?

That's what I am thinking as well. :pi:

daventry
26-11-08, 10:07
I meant Hellheim and im a Dude ;)

john_york
26-11-08, 10:17
The maiden/mother/crone faces represent the Norns, three women who 'weave fate'. Norse equivalent of the 'fates'.

The faces are rearranged to make the half woman- half corpse face which is a representation of Hel, Goddess that presides over Helheim.

Carbonek_0051
26-11-08, 10:18
Well the faces according to Lara's journal are Norns, female deities who govern the fate of men, and were represented as three women - young, middle aged, and old - who represent the past, the present, and the future.

:)

Damn John york beat me to it. :pi:

disneyprincess20
26-11-08, 10:21
With no dis-respect intended, I'm never going to understand why people put spoilers in the title with a spoiler tag after it and assume that it's ok....

Also,[SPOILERS AHOY!] I thought Nifelheim was the place she went in the Mediterranean level, and found the first gauntlet. Helheim was were Amelia was sent, and was also the place Amanda assumed was Avalon at the end of Legend. I could be wrong though.

tomblover
26-11-08, 10:25
Also,[SPOILERS AHOY!] I thought Nifelheim was the place she went in the Mediterranean level, and found the first gauntlet. Helheim was were Amelia was sent, and was also the place Amanda assumed was Avalon at the end of Legend. I could be wrong though.

It's all true.

Librarian
26-11-08, 11:22
Edit: Never mind, I had a geriatric moment :o

navinloveslara
26-11-08, 12:59
The maiden/mother/crone faces represent the Norns, three women who 'weave fate'. Norse equivalent of the 'fates'.

The faces are rearranged to make the half woman- half corpse face which is a representation of Hel, Goddess that presides over Helheim.

It's also a foreshadowing of Amelia's fate;).

Edsta
26-11-08, 13:01
It's also a foreshadowing of Amelia's fate;).

That's also how I interpreted it. :)

Blackmoor
26-11-08, 13:08
It's also a foreshadowing of Amelia's fate;).That's how I saw it too. Such a shame they didn't have it right at the start of the game, then built up some emotional tension around it so that by the time we did come across Amelia and discovered her fate, it would have been rightly satisfying.

navinloveslara
26-11-08, 13:28
That's how I saw it too. Such a shame they didn't have it right at the start of the game, then built up some emotional tension around it so that by the time we did come across Amelia and discovered her fate, it would have been rightly satisfying.

Yes, maybe then when we first saw the Thralls, it would've been a little more suspenseful, and we could have gotten another "ooooohhHHHHH!" moment;).

Still, at least having it at the end didn't really destroy the effect. I notice that Lara pulled back from the camera when she saw it, and to be honest, I think something clicked in her mind at that moment, maybe the realisation that her mother was also a Thrall, before she even saw her.

Another thing to note is that while Natla was moving those blocks around, the half-woman, half-thrall visage actually stood there for about 1-2 seconds before moving, further driving home the fact that it was pointing towards something:).

krycekuva
26-11-08, 13:35
can anyone actually post comparison pictures of atlantis remnant island and helheim?

daventry
28-11-08, 21:21
You know at this Portal thing where Lara opens it with the Hammer, well to the left is a small blueish mural in witch you touch, what exactly is it for and what does it do.

xRikux89
28-11-08, 21:39
^ >There are 4 such murals around the area. After you touch them all, a timed run starts where one of the eitrfalls is shut off, and you can go get the relicfrom behind it.<

Tombraiderx08
28-11-08, 23:07
neppelheim....you mean xibalba? or helheim?

ZIP!2009
28-11-08, 23:14
amelia and lara are at the dais.
a portol that allows her to see lara and amanda in the future appears
amanda tells her to pull the sword out
she does and gets sucked into helheim (why amanda called it avalon i do not know.)
lara goes and finds excalibur...sticks it into the dais
lara is told she got sucked into "avalon"
lara finds that during the legend period amanda found natla and stuck her in a tube.
lara goes to the med and finds thors gauntlet.......and finds natla..
natla tells lara that mommy went to hellheim(I dont get this avalon niffleheim helheim crap??)
lara finds the gauntlets,and the belt and hammer.....then uses the hammer to gain entry(along with natlas ritual).to helheim?
lara sees mommy and as it turns out...30 years down there has turned her into zombie amelia:p..(i did read in laras journal that there was a woman who was half a woman half zombie...which is weird)

lara destroys njormangander(spelt?)wikipedia explains..laras mother as being dead.....then reanimated by the eitr

And finds another sword..pulls that out with amanda and says goodby to her mother.

wikipedia explains..laras mother as being dead.....then reanimated by the eitr

"With the gauntlets, belt and hammer, Lara confronts Natla on Amanda's second ship. The doppelgänger appears and throws Amanda aside. Lara reluctantly agrees to work with Natla who claims to know Odin's ritual. Lara travels to the Arctic Sea and with Natla's help, opens the entrance to Helheim. She soon encounters her mother, Amelia, who has been turned into a "thrall", a deceased individual whose corpse is reanimated by the substance eitr. As the mindless thrall approaches, Lara shoots her saying, "My mother died a long time ago. You're not my mother." Lara kneels in sorrow before Natla appears revealing that she was using Lara and Amanda to get access to Avalon via Thor's hammer. Natla also reveals that she killed Lara's father, Richard, when he refused to cooperate in this task years ago. The doppelgänger appears and restrains Lara just as she was about to attack Natla with Mjölner. As Lara is about to be killed, Amanda appears, defeats the doppelganger, and holds off the approaching thralls allowing Lara to continue."

larafan25
29-11-08, 00:36
I think the faces also fit nicley in wioth the stories....laras mother is inside there and she has half a face...

Anyways Ya nifle hiem is not a place of beauty depending on how you see the temple in the med level...as that is nifflhiem.

loser66
29-11-08, 01:00
I dunno...Lara said that Niflheim was down in the Med Sea and Natla said "Richard found the wrong Norse underworld," meaning there would be more than one. I don't think that they are the same IMO.

Tomb of Legends
29-11-08, 01:06
Im convinced that Avalon is Atlantis. When you enter "Avalon" all the hallways are in the same design as Atlantis in TRA. Even with the red glowing symbols.

I cant believe thats the land of Paradise. It cant be....where were all the heros like King Arthur!? That doesnt look like the ideal resting place. And now the trilogy is over..we have no answers.

daventry
29-11-08, 07:50
I wonder if Arthur misinterpret Avalon like Alister said, i shall meet you in Avalon.

There was no Portal to another Dimension, the Whole Game was on Earth and the Real Avalon is in Heaven.

The Media could easily blow a hole in that Wall and everybody with Tourists could go to the so called Underworlds and they could take Pictures of Zombie Natla and see the broken down Raknarok Machine.

deskj
29-11-08, 16:53
Lara ask Natla about Avalon and she says Amelia went to Neppelheim (The place of Fear and Death so that Natla can Destroy the World) So what is Niffleheim, a place of Beauty.

You can see in this Picture that when Natla went to that Portal, there was a Face of Beauty and a Skull Face of Death, is it Two Worls or One.

http://i38.************/11loe92.jpg
that double face is a representation of Hel, queen of heleim
hel is half woman half corpse!

tranniversary119
29-11-08, 16:56

I think Natla somehow was meaning to do this. Hence why she turned and smirked.

john_york
29-11-08, 17:04
I think Natla somehow was meaning to do this. Hence why she turned and smirked.

Of course she meant to do it - she was doing her part to open the door :rolleyes:

I think the smirk is an 'I can see you, Lara - time to do your bit' smirk.

GenyaArikado
29-11-08, 17:14
Of course she meant to do it - she was doing her part to open the door :rolleyes:

I think the smirk is an 'I can see you, Lara - time to do your bit' smirk.

Yes, her smirk was like that, not a "this is your mother fate" smirk