PDA

View Full Version : Unpleasant Cig Sig........

RobBo
30-04-04, 00:59
Unpleasant, yes. I found this on one of my wanders....

From one who once did but no longer does...heres a funny download with a message http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/mischievous.gif

http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Motorman/dirty/smoking.gif

....it's been over four years now and hell every step of the way.

These things should be banned.

TRChik
30-04-04, 01:44
i wish my dad would quit. good for you for quitting! it takes a lot to quit because it is so addicting.
my dads been smoking for about 20+ years now... i dont think theres hope for him quitting. everytime he tries he just gets so angry with us and what not cuz he needs a cig. and its just unpleasent.

my nana quit smoking but she ended up with cancer anyways. she died 4 years ago this august :(

Henhead
01-05-04, 00:25
*Edit* look below for real reply, think I pressed tab then return, double post even before I finished the first one

[ 01. May 2004, 01:32: Message edited by: Henhead ]

Henhead
01-05-04, 00:29
Good for you for quitting, Iíve quit many times, but started again, its a bad habit and I wish I never started

RobBo
01-05-04, 00:36
I smoked, quite heavily, for nearly twenty years.

I gave up smoking because I decided to. It was that simple. The decision was made, not for myself but for those around me.

If I did it, anyone can.

But I would strongly council against making the moronic mistake of starting smoking in the first place.

tazmine
01-05-04, 00:39
I'm a quitter, & I'm so proud of myself. Quit in 1985...19 years ago...I'd smoked for 20 years , & was up to 2 packs a day. Hardest thing I've ever done, but the best thing I've ever done. :D

tlr online
01-05-04, 00:40
Goodness me. That sig really drives the message home. Never smoked, hope I never will either.

Henhead
01-05-04, 00:51
Good on you tlr, itís not a good idea, and itís not cool started to smoke to be with the so called 'In Crowd' when I was younger.

Iím now 26, smoked for 10 years + and do regret starting.

I canít say how much I smoke because I moved from ready rolled cigarettes to roll your own, on average I smoke more cause of this.

Orange fingers is not a good look, but I hate to think what my lungs look like
:(

tlr online
01-05-04, 00:53
Henhead. How'd you start? Peer pressure?

Henhead
01-05-04, 00:55
yes, and thats why I hope others will read what I say and be strong enough to say no, cause thats what I shoud of done

RobBo
01-05-04, 01:01
Starting smoking used to be acceptable in youth culture.

Hopefully, now, only the very foolish are taking the bait.

Eventually, even they will see that tobacco/nicotine is probably the most insideous (legal) drug available. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yuck.gif

[ 01. May 2004, 02:03: Message edited by: RobBo ]

Henhead
01-05-04, 01:05
Here Here RobBo

Neteru
01-05-04, 06:21
I have to say I believe alcohol is the more insidious legal drug. I have known a number of smokers who drink to excess and would rather they smoked than drank.

Draco
01-05-04, 11:55
Im not big on either.