PDA

View Full Version : The best Tombraider Yet!!

leon1234
01-12-08, 16:25
I just want to know about anybodys views about the best Tombraider yet. Can you please include decription why

ajrich17901
01-12-08, 16:31
AOD is still my fav:D

Saphyre
01-12-08, 16:37
Tomb Raider One, Two and three were my all time faves, mostly because they remind me of my childhood. happy times!

leon1234
01-12-08, 16:40
My fav is Tombraider underworld because it is adventurous
I also like AOD (Angel of darkness) because it has a great plot

ClassicCroft
01-12-08, 17:00
♥♥Tomb Raider Underworld♥♥ ;)

AshesBorn
01-12-08, 17:01
I finished it a few hours ago, and all I can say now - the plot is EPIC. And the Arctic sea level is EPIC too. :D I think that's the best TR for me too.

RwR
01-12-08, 17:02
wat.

_Tomb_Raider
01-12-08, 17:27

Yeah.....when they make a great plot like AOD one.....call me!

toxicraider
01-12-08, 17:29
Nope, not favourite, didn't like it much, best cd tr yet maybe, but we all have our own opinions, i thought it seemed rushed, and desperate to end the story. Although it's still enjoyable.

ajrich17901
wat.

angel of darkness is my fav TR game lmao dont think i can be more clear. My avatar should of been a clue:whi:

tranniversary119
Yup, Best 'CD' game yet. Tomb Raider 2 is my favorite core design game. I think it's un-fair to compare the two anyway.

_Tomb_Raider
01-12-08, 17:30
Nope, not favourite, didn't like it much, best cd tr yet maybe, but we all have our own opinions, i thought it seemed rushed, and desperate to end the story. Although it's still enjoyable.

When you say rushed, yeah that is true! I mean if they work on some gime for 3 years I bet it whode be good, but they make it in 1 year and a 3 moths!

ajrich17901
01-12-08, 17:31
Yup, Best 'CD' game yet. Tomb Raider 2 is my favorite core design game. I think it's un-fair to compare the two anyway.

I dont think its even possible to compare Underworld and 2 there nothing alike O)_o

FomarThain
01-12-08, 17:42
I think it is the best because, to me, it fuses together the best of the old and new TR games. The globe trotting feel of the older ones is there (which I felt was sorely missing in the TRL and even TRA) and the larger environments and area puzzles are there. I like the integration of the new systems like using the grapple for repelling and climbing rather than just swinging and using the motorcycle for getting from area to area. I thought the latter really added to exploration feel. I also really like the fact that the PLS was actually helpful in some areas. Thought that added alot to the atmosphere.

Of course I also liked the graphics but what I really liked in regards to this was the excellent and expansive level design. They were so massive and detailed. The tower key puzzle, to the tunnel racing, to the "hammer" section all in one level was brilliant.

To me the pros far outweighed the cons.

Just to be complete what I didn't like was the duration of the game and the fact that it wasn't as hard as I felt it should be. Though I think the TR games are more about knowing how to do something rather than knowing what needs to be done I didn't feel "stuck" but 2-3 times. I like "pondering the puzzle" and really having to work at it. :p

But like I said these are small to me in the grand scheme of things.

I really look forward to the next one though I am trying to push it out of my mind as it is so far away. :) I think CD did a great job.

TRfan23
01-12-08, 17:44
TR1 still...

at this rate I think it will be forever ;)

toxicraider
01-12-08, 17:46
Yeah, it just felt over before it had even started to me :o

noonbob
01-12-08, 18:24
TR2 is my best :D,
I thought TRU would my best but unfortunatley it wasn't as Epic as it was described on the internet a few months back. :(:(

Thorir
02-12-08, 00:27
TR1.

It has Lara Croft. A true adventurer. A rebel and babe. :)
No more mummy&daddy crap story.

Lara was disowned by her posh parents for her tomb raiding (serial killing) hobby. :D

That's the REAL Lara!

Encore
02-12-08, 00:35
Yup, Best 'CD' game yet.

Anniversary didn't have so many glitches and such terrible animations though.

Ring_of_Fire
02-12-08, 01:25
Tomb Raider 2, because of the The Great Wall, Venice and Croft Manor level.

ZIP!2009
02-12-08, 01:37
Tomb Raider One, Two and three were my all time faves, mostly because they remind me of my childhood. happy times!

:o...TOMB RAIDER 2...IS THE GAME OF MY CHILDHOOD.

THE MUSIC,THE ...WHOLE ERA THAT WAS,WAS JUST SO COOL.:(

I REALLY MISS THOSE DAYS,I WAS SOO YOUNG ...I LOVED PLAYING IT.

:jmp:REMAKE REMAKE REMAKE REMAKE REMAKE REMAKE REMAKE REMAKE:jmp:

Evilmititis
02-12-08, 07:22
angel of darkness is my fav TR game lmao dont think i can be more clear. My avatar should of been a clue:whi:

AOD was a waste of a CD...

Completely destructive on lara's behalf...

It's completely clear why they transfered Lara to Crystal Dynamics...

Evilmititis
02-12-08, 07:26
I think it is the best because, to me, it fuses together the best of the old and new TR games. The globe trotting feel of the older ones is there (which I felt was sorely missing in the TRL and even TRA) and the larger environments and area puzzles are there. I like the integration of the new systems like using the grapple for repelling and climbing rather than just swinging and using the motorcycle for getting from area to area. I thought the latter really added to exploration feel. I also really like the fact that the PLS was actually helpful in some areas. Thought that added alot to the atmosphere.

Of course I also liked the graphics but what I really liked in regards to this was the excellent and expansive level design. They were so massive and detailed. The tower key puzzle, to the tunnel racing, to the "hammer" section all in one level was brilliant.

To me the pros far outweighed the cons.

Just to be complete what I didn't like was the duration of the game and the fact that it wasn't as hard as I felt it should be. Though I think the TR games are more about knowing how to do something rather than knowing what needs to be done I didn't feel "stuck" but 2-3 times. I like "pondering the puzzle" and really having to work at it. :p

But like I said these are small to me in the grand scheme of things.

I really look forward to the next one though I am trying to push it out of my mind as it is so far away. :) I think CD did a great job.

I love you!

I think CD is doing AMAZING!

Immortalis08
02-12-08, 07:30
:confused: I thought the Thread said the Best Tomb Raider Yeti! :mad: I was misled!

Not the best, but certainly the best modern Tomb Raider. :)

Tomb of Legends
02-12-08, 08:08

Wow, whats with your avatar? It looks like a Nex gen AOD Lara!!

I dont think its the best, but its DEFFIANTLY one of the best. IMO, the best since TR2.

Kiss-Bite
02-12-08, 08:16
TRII still sits on the TR game throne for me.:) I really doubt that the classic magic can be recaptured. As for TRU, well it's a cracking adventure!:D

TigerSoundNet
02-12-08, 08:17
Anniversary didn't have so many glitches and such terrible animations though.

Yeah, I just went and replayed that Lost Valley, a bit, just to get a feel about how smooth, and yet still fast, Lara's animations were. (I dropped all of the graphics and even ran it at 800x600) And she literally COOKs the screen with some damn fine movements and jumps!

(Maybe, in TRU, CD got a little crazy with their reality deal and sequences?)

So TRA is CD's top game for realistic feel and gameplay to me! :tmb:

Tomb of Legends
02-12-08, 08:18
Hell yeah. TR2 is the best, at nearly 16 I still cant finish a whole Maria Doria level in one sitting due to the atmosphere..I guess thats what happens when you play and watch TR2 at a young age...scariest TR ever.