PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons do Apple. Fantastic.

Keir_Eidos
03-12-08, 12:13
How do you like them Mapples? :D

G7CUFPkjXRs&

:vlol: Great to see The Simpsons hasn't completely lost its edge.

Clicky to watch longer version. (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7krvg_simpsons-make-fun-of-apple-steve-jo_fun)

I'm actually in the market for a new MP3 player... I currently own a 40g brick of an iRiver that has loyally served me for five years. I must be the only person on the London Underground that doesn't have a pair of white earbuds coming out of my head (I have these puppies from Bose (http://www.cybertheater.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bose-on-ear-headphones.jpg) ) but the old iRiver is nearing the end of its life. RIP iRiver :*)

The iPod touch does look teh seks but I can't be doing with iTunes telling me what files I can and can't play or having to install and boot up some other virus-like Apple software on my computer just to listen to my music. So I was looking at the 32GB Creative Zen for around 175 and I think I'll go for it unless anyone has any other suggestions.....

jaywalker
03-12-08, 12:21
quality :)

Shrantellatessa
03-12-08, 12:31

They did, starting season 14.

Lee croft
03-12-08, 13:26

G7CUFPkjXRs&

lol ^^^^

sorry for double post

Neteru
03-12-08, 13:37
I wonder how many people get the sledgehammer reference.

Betal
03-12-08, 13:38
They did, starting season 14.

Why do so many people say that?

The newer episodes are almost better then the old episodes. Better quality and more humour. :D

Lee croft
03-12-08, 13:44

yeah i do its to do with * TR:U *

Nefertiti_89
03-12-08, 13:45
My boyfriend is one of those people lol
Made my night thanks for sharing! :D

Did make me realise something depressing thought
Man, we are even behind in the simpsons here, what the hell. Brisbane is 16 hours away from LA, how hard is it to get stuff to us at the same time as everyone else! .....sigh....

Edit:

I get the sledgehammer;) I'm a mapple person we all know it is a reference to the 1984 commercial!

Neteru
03-12-08, 13:46
yeah i do its to do with * TR:U *It has nothing to do with TRU. Keep guessing. :p

petujaymz
03-12-08, 13:50

I don't...

Chun Li's a Mapple person.

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/12/3/f_chuliipodm_0aafca8.png

:wve:

iamlaracroft
03-12-08, 13:50

G7CUFPkjXRs&

Clicky to watch longer version. (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7krvg_simpsons-make-fun-of-apple-steve-jo_fun)

I'm actually in the market for a new MP3 player... I currently own a 40g brick of an iRiver that has loyally served me for five years. I must be the only person on the London Underground that doesn't have a pair of white earbuds coming out of my head (I have these puppies from Bose (http://www.cybertheater.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bose-on-ear-headphones.jpg) ) but the old iRiver is nearing the end of its life. RIP iRiver :*)

The iPod touch does look teh seks but I can't be doing with iTunes telling me what files I can and can't play or having to install and boot up some other virus-like Apple software on my computer just to listen to my music. So I was looking at the 32GB Creative Zen for around 175 and I think I'll go for it unless anyone has any other suggestions.....

I saw this episode sunday night :D It was hilarious with so many quips, double entendres and thinly veiled insults :vlol:
"Did you get peanut butter in your ethernet port again?"
"No...mayonnaise in my CD drive..."
I love comic book guy :D
Thanks for posting the vids :tmb:

I'm on my third (fourth? I dunno) ipod and it's scratched up, beat up, has sweated on nearly every day but it does its job well which is to blast my booty-shakin industrial/dark electronics/dance tracks while I shake it at the gym.
I imagine, though, that other mp3 players likely have one major advantage over ipods: lax 'copyright infringement' enforcement, letting you simply add whatever music you want/have to it. That's one gripe I have with itunes. I've had several computers and ipods, but apple is determined to keep me from adding or ripping any of my music when I upgrade PCs/ipods.
Really annoying :hea:

I say be a rebel (:p) and get a Zen...in pink! ;)

Alex Fly
03-12-08, 14:04
Lol nice video ! :D

Lee croft
03-12-08, 14:06

okay i give up what is it refering to?

Punaxe
03-12-08, 14:08
okay i give up what is it refering to?

GRmuAMT7fvk

Neteru
03-12-08, 14:12
^Ah, memories! It still gives me goosebumps, as it did at the time, when I was but 13 years old.

Fdx Croft
03-12-08, 14:43
:vlol: Very funny, but believe me, The Simpsons has lost its edge since season 16... Just some funny episodes between season 16-20...

Shrantellatessa
03-12-08, 15:12

The newer episodes are almost better then the old episodes. Better quality and more humour. :D

Quality in animations and character design, yes, but not in plot and story line. And "more humor" is actually the problem; by trying to be "funnier" they lost the spirit of The Simpsons; an humorous representation of real life situations, not a copy/paste of every TV show.

Lew
03-12-08, 15:15
Haha I just might start watching The Simpsons again but Family Guy took over. EDIT: I like both, however I find Family Guy funnier with the adult humor. Sometimes the Simpsons can just be childish and boring.

Benguitar
03-12-08, 15:15
Even me as an Apple fanatic, found that to be funny.

~Ben

oocladableeblah
03-12-08, 15:19
Youtube video here

wtf :vlol: that was the weirdest commercial I have ever seen.

ShadyCroft
03-12-08, 15:28
Ok, for those who saw the episode. Did you see the family who came from Jordan ? Did you hear where the dad and mum met ? Jordan University for Science and Technology.

THAT, my friends, is my university!

OMG!!!!! :jmp::jmp: My university got mentioned in The Simpsons!! :jmp::jmp: My country got mentioned in The Simpsons!!! :jmp::jmp:

TRhalloween
03-12-08, 15:30
It has nothing to do with TRU. Keep guessing. :p

Apple advert.
I went something like "Don't make 1984 like 1984"

MrBear
03-12-08, 16:21
[youtube]

Argh, I just began reading '1984' two days ago!

Un-memorise, un-memorise, un-memorise.... Un-memorisation impossible.. Argh..

Sir Croft
03-12-08, 16:26
LMAO :vlol:
Love Simpsons! :vlol:

Neteru
03-12-08, 16:28
wtf :vlol: that was the weirdest commercial I have ever seen.I guess you had to be there at the time.

Autolycus
03-12-08, 16:33
:vlol: Lmao, class.

KC Mraz
03-12-08, 17:23
The myCube is priceless :vlol:

interstellardave
03-12-08, 17:47
Classic Simpsons humor! Huge props to them for the Sledgehammer/1984 reference...

Lew
03-12-08, 17:57
^Ah, memories! It still gives me goosebumps, as it did at the time, when I was but 13 years old.

I never get why people say this advert was amazing or whatever, I dunno if its cause it was modern for back then or what?

bivvy
03-12-08, 18:30

disagree, im soz. :o

Titanium
03-12-08, 19:51
Quality in animations and character design, yes, but not in plot and story line. And "more humor" is actually the problem; by trying to be "funnier" they lost the spirit of The Simpsons; an humorous representation of real life situations, not a copy/paste of every TV show.

That's exactly how I feel about The Simpsons. It has the recognisability factor of real life situations in the earlier episodes. Yes some newer episodes are good. But when we get some episodes like the one when they tell sea stories with Simpsons characters which was utter rubbish, then there's a problem. And Pie Man? Uh...

Punaxe
03-12-08, 21:00
Argh, I just began reading '1984' two days ago!

Un-memorise, un-memorise, un-memorise.... Un-memorisation impossible.. Argh..

Eh? There weren't any spoilers or anything in that video, were there? I've not read it but I'm fairly sure that in the book, no athletic woman paid by Apple Inc. comes by to save the day :p

Shrantellatessa
03-12-08, 21:05
That's exactly how I feel about The Simpsons. It has the recognisability factor of real life situations in the earlier episodes. Yes some newer episodes are good. But when we get some episodes like the one when they tell sea stories with Simpsons characters which was utter rubbish, then there's a problem. And Pie Man? Uh...

Real life situations like when Homer had financial problems during christmas :tmb:
I've also noticed that all main characters (Homer's family and some others) without exception have lost their characteristics like Lisa being no longer that "smart" and "moral" (claiming to have Indian-American roots), Mr. Burns becoming nice to his employees (The Jet episode), and Nelson getting intelligent (episode when Martin fell in that mountain)...Also, Homer is now given minor or secondary roles and his "humor" is limited to some childish and ridiculous gestures, expressions, and sounds...Oh! And he longer says "D'Oh" often anymore :cen:
I read somewhere that the solution would be re-hiring old episode writers; which I think would be just great, esp. for old fans ;)

Titanium
03-12-08, 21:36
Real life situations like when Homer had financial problems during christmas :tmb:

Probably one of the best episodes. :tmb:

Also the adding of unneceserry characters, that annoying lady who keeps playing mobile phone salesmen and other characters. And the fact they dont seem to use more favourable characters anymore. Also, the shop signs walk that is so overused now.

One major change is Lisa's character, she used to be the sweet righteous girl in the earlier series, but now she's become more and more of a brat.

Shrantellatessa
03-12-08, 22:04
^ Adding to that, the recycling of old gags, the use of old opening credits (very weird decision by Groening), and the lack of originality and realism due to copy/pasting from other shows. I've also learned that Dan Castellaneta (Although I watch The Simpsons in French :p) became consultant producer or something like that and he (plus other voice actors) claims for higher salaries caused Season 19 to jump from 22 to 20 episodes only; which means that voice actors are no longer motivated by their passion for The Simpsons, but more by the money, which is really sad and might threaten the future of the series :(

MrBear
03-12-08, 22:14
Eh? There weren't any spoilers or anything in that video, were there? I've not read it but I'm fairly sure that in the book, no athletic woman paid by Apple Inc. comes by to save the day :p

I just figured it was the ending of the movie adaption :-O phew, now I'm relieved... but a little confused :-/

ChingKong
04-12-08, 00:48
lol at the mybill

Lew
04-12-08, 00:48
OMG iJustine was parodied

Nefertiti_89
04-12-08, 06:42
Apple advert.
I went something like "Don't make 1984 like 1984"

Man, I said that ages ago! lol but I put it in white for some reason...it was late, I dno why lol

I remember in high school there was a poster of that lady in our classroom, it was the only poster in there and it was really random.

Tomb of Legends
04-12-08, 08:39
Um how bad is Itunes? If I have downloaded songs from limewire and I wanna put them on my ipod touch, do they have to go through itunes and then will they be stopped? What about ripping songs from cds I own?

Neteru
04-12-08, 11:57
I never get why people say this advert was amazing or whatever, I dunno if its cause it was modern for back then or what?Yes it was, and the whole sense we had back then, purely because it was 1984, meant that the ad' totally hit the zeitgeist. At least, it did in the UK. I can't comment for elsewhere.

Still, interesting to see that The Simpsons can still come up with these kinds of subtleties. Though I did go off them years ago.