PDA

View Full Version : To those who don't have an Xbox 360...

~*~Chloe~*~
03-12-08, 14:45
How do you feel about not being able to play Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow? And what are you going to do about it?

The reason I'm asking is because I dont have Xbox Live and don't want to be the only one to not play the game.

Rivendell
03-12-08, 14:50
How do you feel about not being able to play Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow? And what are you going to do about it?

#1. Annoyed.
#2. Nothing.

:wve:

I'll watch it on youtube or something. I'm not forking out for a 360 + extra for two DLC's.

tranniversary119
03-12-08, 14:51
Who knows the game could suck, I would not advise going out to buy an xbox 360 console for these games.

ajrich17901
1.Not annoyed
2.Dont care

Lol im not bothered im more excited about uncharted 2:jmp:

DanV
I'll record it for you:yah::yah::yah:

ddorpm
03-12-08, 14:54
Oh well ... maybe later on the DLC will be released for other platforms. Those with the 360 ... enjoy. :)

dream raider
03-12-08, 14:58
#1. Annoyed.
#2. Nothing.

I'll watch it on youtube or something. I'm not forking out for a 360 + extra for two DLC's.

Same here, + disappointed.

Alex Fly
03-12-08, 14:59
How do you feel about not being able to play Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow?
Unhappy.

And what are you going to do about it?
Complaining. :p

MiCkiZ88
03-12-08, 15:00
1. Dont really care, but that's mainly due to not even playing the main game yet. Still have to wait couple of weeks before I'll be able to play it.

2. I'm not going to do anything about it. 360 is an waste of money to me. I'll just youtube the cutscenes or whatever.

Have fun those who can play it. :wve:

aussie500
03-12-08, 15:01
l would never call an extra level a game, or at least not one from a Tomb Raider game.

ultimateraider
03-12-08, 15:06
Ive got a 360 but dont know if im going to play it yet. Think its wrong we have to pay for gold membership AND for DLC ontop of that! Only bought 360 because it is a lot cheaper than ps3!

Phlip
03-12-08, 15:09
#1. Annoyed.
#2. Nothing.

Heh, basically. :p
I'm more annoyed there isn't a (proper) level select.

Sir Croft
03-12-08, 15:10
Unhappy.

lol
Same here. :p

john_york
03-12-08, 15:16
1. Disappointed
2. Play prince of Persia instead :tmb: (it'll probably be better, anyway, going by reviews)

Godlikesweeper
03-12-08, 15:18
Unhappy.

Yup,me too.Complain untill my keyboard brakes!:D

Making fun of eidos too.Or should I say,eido$?:p

Bladerj
03-12-08, 15:22
i feel so sad,i think i'm gonna kill myself live on webcam,and blame eidos for that, the repercussion will be enormous,maybe their stock will fall and they will be forced to sell lara to ubisoft,so at i wont die in vain.

Fdx Croft
03-12-08, 15:24
I feel annoyed... But Im not desperate for playing it... Good luck to Xbox owners

Alex Fly
03-12-08, 15:25
i feel so sad,i think i'm gonna kill myself live on webcam,and blame eidos for that, the repercussion will be enormous,maybe their stock will fall and they will be forced to sell lara to ubisoft,so at i wont die in vain.
:tmb:

... :p

ajrich17901
03-12-08, 15:25

:eek:

Wana b like Lara
03-12-08, 15:31
I have a PS2, so i'm getting a Xbox 360 ... :o

BTW does anyone know how much you have to pay for the DLC? :D

Quasimodo
03-12-08, 15:33
How do you feel about not being able to play Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow?
Mostly apathetic for now. But wait until I actually see screenshots and videos of what I'm missing :p

Cry myself to sleep at night, camp out and picket in front of Eidos headquarters, then go to California and club Toby Gard with a frozen fish.

Kidding. Nada. I might betch a little.

da tomb raider!
03-12-08, 15:35

Very annoyed.

Absolutely nothing.

touchthesky
03-12-08, 15:37
I have an Xbox but I'm not desperate for the special stuff. If I do get desperate, I guess I'll just buy one of the Internet thingies and get it.

Chocola teapot
03-12-08, 15:38
Mostly apathetic for now. But wait until I actually see screenshots and videos of what I'm missing :p

Cry myself to sleep at night, camp out and picket in front of Eidos headquarters, then go to California and club Toby Gard with a frozen fish.

Kidding. Nada. I might betch a little.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh the IMAGES! Can I come with? You've made my day ahaha!

Legend of Lara
03-12-08, 15:40
#1. Annoyed.
#2. Nothing.

^^

I might complain and moan about €ido$ being selfish a-holes, though. :p

Changeling
03-12-08, 15:40
Right now, I don't really care that much. :p I'll just watch it on YouTube. Plus, I don't really think there's much that we can do, so I'm not gonna do anything about it. :D

ajrich17901
03-12-08, 15:41
I have a PS2, so i'm getting a Xbox 360 ... :o

BTW does anyone know how much you have to pay for the DLC? :D

O_o im not sure but probably will range from 14.99-19.99

Carbonek_0051
03-12-08, 15:42
^^

I might complain and moan about €ido$ being selfish a-holes, though. :p

Yes because they need money to pay thier workers and keep the company alive. So Selfish right? :rolleyes:

lovechin
03-12-08, 15:57
EIDOS doesn't love me and my PS3.

I'm going to give Doppelhoe a call and send her to EIDOS and CD HQ.
She knows exactly what to do :whi: :mis:

Thorir
03-12-08, 16:02
I was disappointed at first... :(
It felt like back stabbing the fans.

But then I played TRU, and the game really wasn't great.
So I don't think the DLC will be anything remarkable either. I simply don't have faith CD can make anything fantastic. :rolleyes:

I'll just look at videos on Youtube and be satisfied with that. :)
Would be nice to have the CHOICE of DLC though. It's simply unfair.

corey01
03-12-08, 16:04
Not really bothered, ive got the game and thats the main thing, i'll just watch it on youtube:)

persides Resident evil 5 is out soonnnn!!!!:jmp:

Laras man
03-12-08, 16:23
I feel so Angry!:mad: So I am getting 360 Elite for Christmas! Yeah.

Borges
03-12-08, 16:34
I was too busy enjoying Underworld to think about it much recently, but now that the focus is back on the DLC I'm starting to feel a little disgruntled again ...

As to what I'll do about it ... moan for a bit and then just try to get over it. There's no way I'm going out and buying an Xbox - even if I had that kind of money to spare, I can think of plenty more important things I could spend it on.

NatlaCrazyness
03-12-08, 16:39
1. Oh well, I have TR3 which is better than those! :mad:
2. Make a visit to Sophia Leigh on TR3 and say that she's the most beutiful woman on the PlayStation 1 and PC 1998 world.

sandra croft
03-12-08, 16:52
Ive got a 360 but dont know if im going to play it yet. Think its wrong we have to pay for gold membership AND for DLC ontop of that! Only bought 360 because it is a lot cheaper than ps3!

Do you need goldmembership too? Than it will definitely be more expansive than a whole game and than it won´t be worth it. I will just buy an XBOX Arcade then.

Trigger_happy
03-12-08, 16:53
I don't care about the special treatment the Xbox version is getting- I haven't even bought the game. If Eidos isn't going to give the PS3 version equal treatment, I'm not giving them my money.

Fallen.Angel
03-12-08, 16:53
Kind of annoyed/but at the same, I really don't care, since there's nothing I can do about it, which sucks. I have other things to look forward to, anyways.

RAID
03-12-08, 16:54
#1. Annoyed.
#2. Nothing.

Same here.

pashmaki
03-12-08, 17:00
1. Annoyed and disappointed

2. I would buy it if they release it for my platform, but now that they don't... *waves money in front of Eidos and goes to buy the new PoP* :p

KC Mraz
03-12-08, 17:04
Do you need goldmembership too? Than it will definitely be more expansive than a whole game and than it won´t be worth it. I will just buy an XBOX Arcade then.

No you don't. All Xbox Live accounts can download things. Some things come a week later for Silver (free) members though.

xRikux89
03-12-08, 17:05

The reason I'm asking is because I dont have Xbox Live and don't want to be the only one to not play the game.

Having played the main game, I don't think I'm missing out on much... Watching it on YouTube will be less frustrating, and I won't have to feel stupid.

Tada~

NatlaCrazyness
03-12-08, 17:11
Having played the main game, I don't think I'm missing out on much...

So true. We'll always have Sophia Leigh to use her terrible cosmetics on Eidos workers...

TombRaiderCool
03-12-08, 17:21

I am quite disappointed about it but I'm not going to buy a Xbox360 just so I can play it, I will probably just watch the videos on the Internet. :)

JuliannaCroft
03-12-08, 17:29
I do wish that they would have DLC for PC but I am not going to waste $600 for an xbox 360 over it.

jack123
03-12-08, 17:37
if it is something like playing as the doppelganger or amanda,then ill be excited.
:D

trunderworld28
03-12-08, 18:00
well with the way that the sales were. ps3 made 51% of the sales and xbox only made 34% you never know they could change there minds.

igonge
03-12-08, 18:03
I'm not bothered as such anymore about it. It would be nice if they brought it to PC and PS3 though.

Gomes
03-12-08, 18:21
I'm optimistic. It will come to the PC.

jumoeder
03-12-08, 18:34

what do you meen. you can download stuff from marketplace without being a gold member:confused:

WSOwen02
03-12-08, 20:17
Somebody should make a version of the DLC into LittleBigPlanet level!

Megalith
03-12-08, 20:17
1.I don't really care about Underworld so i don't really care about the DLC either.I wouldn't buy it even if it was available for my system.

2.Nothing.

Kroft
03-12-08, 20:18
hmp. On PC we have mods :jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::tea::tea:
eat on that xbox360

if the xbox360 get special costumes, someone will probably just make them for the PC version anyway

RalKram
03-12-08, 20:34
Extremely disappointed. Annoyed and betrayed.

I'm still looking forward to seeing videos and stuff though, just so i can keep in touch with the story ;)

Blackmoor
03-12-08, 20:36
Well I'm not happy to be exluded but that's life.

I'll watch it on YouTube. Hurry up and post it you X360-ers!!

Walleye
03-12-08, 20:38
1 - Annoyed. I see little point in making a multi-platform game, and then making the Downloadable Content exclusive to the 360.

2 - I'll probably wait until the 360 is redundant, and then pick one up cheaply and hope the DLC is still available. But that would also require me to buy a 360 copy of Underworld. Meh, I'll probably just YouTube it.

Night Crawler
03-12-08, 20:43
1. Shafted
2. I bought a 360 :whi:

Carbonek_0051
03-12-08, 20:45
1. Shafted
2. I bought a 360 :whi:

:vlol:

Same here:tmb:

Angelus
03-12-08, 20:46
Well I'm not happy to be exluded but that's life.

I'll watch it on YouTube. Hurry up and post it you X360-ers!!

Tell Eidos to hurry up and release it! :ton:

Blackmoor
03-12-08, 21:09
Tell Eidos to hurry up and release it! :ton:Lol. :D :ton:

Not much longer now. :)

opusv
03-12-08, 22:33
Not happy about. Would loved to have seen it on the PS3.

ValinKronas
03-12-08, 22:46

Hmm .. these episodes sound interesting
And i'm quite annoyed about those are dlc only

let's assume someone played the pc-version of the game .. without having bought it .. but thinks of it worthy to buy .. then he heares about the 360-version witch offers more content (for payment) .. maybe he will wait until both episodes are done and then buys a 360 and TR:U + DLC episodes :D

Tihocan9
03-12-08, 22:49
Not bothered, they get a nice present no need for me to feel selfish or jealous.

ben croft
03-12-08, 22:51

Better than eva! With Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain and GOD OF WAR 3 coming next year, why should I care about 'Ashes' and 'Shadow'...??

TRhalloween
03-12-08, 22:53
Better than eva! With Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain and GOD OF WAR 3 coming next year, why should I care about 'Ashes' and 'Shadow'...??

Meh... T_T

ben croft
03-12-08, 22:55
Get over it, Uncharted will take Lara's place. Just a matter of time... let's say... one year...

:p

Saphyre
03-12-08, 22:56
I'm feeling okay, I mean, underworld didn't exactly get me roaring for more I'm very sorry to say.

There isn't anything I can really do about it, I'm just looking forward to TR9 (Which I don't want to be released for a while yet) and hoping it doesn't end up 360 exclusive, cuz then I'll be annoyed. . .

Shark_Blade
03-12-08, 23:11
1. Outrage of the injustice :mad:
2. Bought a 360 Go Pro, and loving it. (I don't bought it solely for TRU though)
3. Don't have Xbox Live at the moment.. so whateva. :p

TRhalloween
03-12-08, 23:14
Ben, no offense but...do you like Tomb Raider?

Get over it, Uncharted will take Lara's place. Just a matter of time... let's say... one year...

God's speed.

RockSteady101
03-12-08, 23:17

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:PSZLvnvV9y37YM:http://www.gw4y.com/images/Chill_Pill.jpghttp://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:KCPpOjcQaxScHM:http://www.gtplaza.com/site_media/product_images/Xbox360full_500x526.jpg

Merry Christmas...loonie. :)

tampi
03-12-08, 23:18
When I played the game for the first time I was so happy that seriously thought that the quality of the game deserved maybe (depending on the size of the DLC) bought an XBOX to have this exclusive content. :)
Little by little, sometimes this forum is so depressing in its valuations:o, I have lost the illusion. :(
I feel sorry not to have that content, but I'll be very careful to know whether they really are desirable levels to play.:)

TRhalloween
03-12-08, 23:19

Ouch, way to start up a bad reputation.

nicola1986
03-12-08, 23:36
I have a 360 but without Live and I have no plans on going Live just for some content, but it is annoying you have to pay to see things should be in the main game IMO, but I'll probs Youtube it anyway :D

TRLara Croft
04-12-08, 00:40
I have an XBOX and I'm going to tell you guys to stop complaining but I see what you mean.
But it's like this with EVERY game so why complain about it? You have to pay another 40 or so bucks just to get it any ways? Just watch it on youtube. If you want it that bad then fork up the cash and get yourself an xbox. Just be happy with what you got.
But, like I said, I see what you mean. I can't say it's fair... but those of you who play on PC, well, you get those dandy saved games downloads. Those of you have PS3 you get kick:cen: graphics. Everything comes with a plus and a minus... Extras like small add ons is just one of those minuses. But you have pluses that you can't see because you're to angry about getting an add on.

TRLara Croft
04-12-08, 00:44

Okay that, ^, is the most sadest, unnerving, depressing, ((and a lot more but a certin penguin might not let me say them)) post. Cry me a river, Build a freaking bridge, and GET OVER IT! Just because you don't have to pay to see maybe an hour worth of matierial which you can clearly watch on line a few days after it comes out DOES NOT MEAN you need to act like that. Get a life.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.

Twilight
04-12-08, 00:45

i'm annoyed.

i'll get a xbox360....maybe....dunno. i still wanna play TRU.

navinloveslara
04-12-08, 01:22
1. I'm ****ed.

2. I'll wait for videos. I'm sure a fine forumner will record it for us who can't experience it first-hand. I'm not doing anything else, I'm not going to fork out money for a 360 just for two DLCs. I ain't giving Microsoft any money other than my computer, and that's only because I'm too used to Windows.

;)

Wicked
04-12-08, 06:27
1. Very disappointed
2. Wait for and (kindly) demand a version for PC ;)

Anarae
04-12-08, 08:40
It's not a big deal to me. I'm over it.

*laralover*
04-12-08, 08:46
Annoyed but im not buying a 360 JUST for that pluss id have to pay for it anyways so yeah :p Im not going to do anything ill just watch them on Youtube.

john_york
04-12-08, 09:50
Okay that, ^, is the most sadest, unnerving, depressing, ((and a lot more but a certin penguin might not let me say them)) post. Cry me a river, Build a freaking bridge, and GET OVER IT! Just because you don't have to pay to see maybe an hour worth of matierial which you can clearly watch on line a few days after it comes out DOES NOT MEAN you need to act like that. Get a life.

I think he may have been exaggerating and taking the mick, don't you?... :whi:

Mr Boldman
04-12-08, 09:59
1. Ambivalant.
2. Nothing. At the moment i'm looking forawrd to the 2 new Bond games in 2009. One is 3rd person, the other is going to be like a next gen version of 007 Racing. :D:D

Flyin11
04-12-08, 12:05
Lol im not bothered im more excited about uncharted 2:jmp:

Agreed...Even from the small trailer for it that game already looks sick :yik::yik:

I'm not bothered by it at all...Don't really care...and if I had a 360, I wouldn't want to have to dish out more extra money just for 2 levels.

I've never played any other games before Legend so I'm playing like a Tomb Raider marathon where I'm trying my hand at the other games. So, that will give me my fix for quite some time :p

Godlikesweeper
04-12-08, 12:22
I was ****ed at first,while I was playing first levels.Now I'm at the secong half of the game,and Its really short and not that good.So my hype is gone for sure.Luckly:)

Now let me just finnish with this last level and I will be on my way replaying TR III for its 10th anniversary:)

thats right,I don't need your dlc,It will suck anyway:ton:

tomkat
04-12-08, 12:37
Seriously dont care...I never did.

Its not like I would have paid extra to have them, even if I had an Xbox
- too many other things and other games to draw my attention...like the new PoP.

Legend of Lara
04-12-08, 13:10

It's called "sarcasm". ;)

Lee croft
04-12-08, 15:20
im angry bad eidos :smk::smk: bad i cant belive it!!

jackles
04-12-08, 16:52
Well I am wondering when the the Lost Artifact will come to ps2...... ;)

.....what you mean there were pc exclusives in the past!!!!

Carbonek_0051
04-12-08, 16:56
Well I am wondering when the the Lost Artifact will come to ps2...... ;)

.....what you mean there were pc exclusives in the past!!!!

ZOMG!!!11!!! NO WaIz!!!11!

Before I bought a 360, I was planning on living life and I was upset at first but respected that Eidos needed money. :)

Elmer
04-12-08, 17:35
Haha, I don't care that I can not play it:p

I feel bad for everyone who eagerly wants to play it, but can't because of the strange decision of Eidos to make it Xbox360 exclusive.

This year I'm not going to game at all, and next year I'll happily continue my Metal Gear Solid 2 addiction:) (If I find enough time for that)

tranniversary119
04-12-08, 17:37
Hmm I don't think people seem to get it so let me explain. Microsoft, not Sony, came to them and asked them to do downloadable content payed for by them fully to release on xbox live. The only Sony I see in this is, "Not Sony". Therefore it isn't Eidos fault..there a business for god's sake. Of course when they got offered money to do it they would accept.

Rik Wessels
04-12-08, 18:14
If memory serves the DLC for Mass effect was also restricted to one platform only . But they had to reconsider that decision and it was released for all versions of the game . As games company you can't really pretend all those other players/buyers of your game simply don't exist ,imo.

It's not even about the quality- or lack thereof - of the extra content . It's a matter of making sure those PC/PS/WII owners will buy your next game .Very unlikely if you neglect them like this .

TRhalloween
04-12-08, 19:58
It's called "sarcasm". ;)

In that case, I find it pretty funny :D

Kroft
04-12-08, 20:00
If memory serves the DLC for Mass effect was also restricted to one platform only . But they had to reconsider that decision and it was released for all versions of the game . As games company you can't really pretend all those other players/buyers of your game simply don't exist ,imo.

It's not even about the quality- or lack thereof - of the extra content . It's a matter of making sure those PC/PS/WII owners will buy your next game .Very unlikely if you neglect them like this .

great post :tmb:. let €idos know
Now it seems like they prefer money rather than satisfying their fanbase and making the game they dream about.

TRhalloween
04-12-08, 20:07
great post :tmb:. let €idos know
Now it seems like they prefer money rather than satisfying their fanbase and making the game they dream about.

Calling them petty names doesn't help though.
I'd rather see some positive convincing comments.
"€idos sucks! They better release the DLC for PS3 :mad:" comments do not help at all.

Maddiegirl
04-12-08, 20:28
unhappy and I hope some kind soul with a 360 posts parts of it to youtube so that I can at least see it.

Admles
04-12-08, 20:38
Wow... it almost seems unfair that I have a 360 but am not buying TRU for it, because I have a PC.... I can get the DLC if I want but I am not going to, and all those who want it can't get it!

Does that make me mean?

black_sheepa
04-12-08, 20:39
1. Very disappointed
2. Wait for and (kindly) demand a version for PC ;)

Exactly the same here. It's kind of understandable that the PS3 won't get anything if Microsoft owns the rights, but why shouldn't PC users be able to play the game? After all it's Microsoft who's behind Windows. But after all, if they made the DLC available for PCs, it would depend on the price whether I would buy it or not. I wouldn't give away more that 20 Euros for both DLC's, after Eidos slapped my face twice with the XBox-Rights and that short Underworld game.

trXD
04-12-08, 20:41
I own a 360 but frankly the entire thing is rediculouse. Why make entire levels if they aren't going to be available for even half of the community?

bivvy
04-12-08, 20:45
1. Bothered, but calm.
2. Absolutely nothing.

I do not care for Eidos.

bivvy
04-12-08, 20:47
I have an XBOX and I'm going to tell you guys to stop complaining but I see what you mean.
But it's like this with EVERY game so why complain about it? You have to pay another 40 or so bucks just to get it any ways? Just watch it on youtube. If you want it that bad then fork up the cash and get yourself an xbox. Just be happy with what you got.
But, like I said, I see what you mean. I can't say it's fair... but those of you who play on PC, well, you get those dandy saved games downloads. Those of you have PS3 you get kick:cen: graphics. Everything comes with a plus and a minus... Extras like small add ons is just one of those minuses. But you have pluses that you can't see because you're to angry about getting an add on.

You wouldnt be saying that if you didnt have an oppi for the DLC. :)

black_sheepa
04-12-08, 20:47
Wow... it almost seems unfair that I have a 360 but am not buying TRU for it, because I have a PC.... I can get the DLC if I want but I am not going to, and all those who want it can't get it!

Does that make me mean?

Nope. If I had an XBox and had to pay for that "Gold Membership" in order to get the DLC, I would refuse to buy it. It's really an affront that you have to pay for that service. It's just like you would have to pay for entering a store. Imagine you would have to pay annually to go into a shop, that's ridiculous, no matter what "online content" is linked to that. I mean in shops you sometimes get free try-out drinks as well and don't pay for it. JUST RIDICULOUS, and I believe that it will stop a lot of people from buying the game WITH an XBox360.

WSOwen02
04-12-08, 21:27

Actually that was because EA bought BioWare. Then EA published Mass Effect for the PC, not MS.

I'm glad they did, EA will make BioWare give the PS3 some love too down the road.

TRWii
04-12-08, 23:41
Nope. If I had an XBox and had to pay for that "Gold Membership" in order to get the DLC, I would refuse to buy it. It's really an affront that you have to pay for that service. It's just like you would have to pay for entering a store. Imagine you would have to pay annually to go into a shop, that's ridiculous, no matter what "online content" is linked to that. I mean in shops you sometimes get free try-out drinks as well and don't pay for it. JUST RIDICULOUS, and I believe that it will stop a lot of people from buying the game WITH an XBox360.

You do not have to pay for Gold Membership in order to access or download the DLC.