PDA

View Full Version : Can you make him fall in love with you?

Hermina94
03-12-08, 22:42
edit

Feather Duster
03-12-08, 22:42
There is no definite answer.

You cannot force someone to love you ;) :)

Benguitar
03-12-08, 22:44
There is no definite answer.

You cannot force someone to love you ;) :)

Exactly.

Us guys can't be forced into anything.

But being tricked into anything is a different story. ;)

~Ben

Rivendell
03-12-08, 22:45
Tried voodoo? :p

Benguitar
03-12-08, 22:48
Tried voodoo? :p

Thinks of The Crucible...*ick*

~Ben

Quasimodo
03-12-08, 22:49
This is a random question but what do you think?And how....?

hand wash cars in a bikini.

j/k

Shrantellatessa
03-12-08, 22:50
As Lea said, you cannot force someone to love you, at least immediately or as soon as you try, but you can still try and see how your relationship develops; either into love, friendship, or Tom&Jerry. And you might also end up discovering that that person is not at all what you were looking for or what you thought he/she was ;)

Feather Duster
03-12-08, 22:51

j/k

:vlol:!

Andariel
Have you tried getting to know him and see if he's interested? I'd rather be with someone who wants be with me and vice versa.

Hermina94
haha:jmp::jmp:than maybe trick?

Tomb Raider Master
I'm pretty much sure you can't.

Feather Duster
03-12-08, 22:52

I hope you're joking.

I would not like to be tricked into a relationship at all :)

Gregori
03-12-08, 22:57
Sure! Why not?

I'll show you how!

Benguitar
03-12-08, 22:59
I'm pretty much sure you can't.

I agree

Best thing to do is to just be friends until your friendship grows to be more than that, if it does get closer than just friends, there is always a possibility that it won't.

Or you could just tell him, "I LOVE YOU"

Saying that will do one of two things.

1) He could say, Ok I will go out with you because I like you as well.

or

2) It will scare him and he will avoid you.

~Ben

Feather Duster
03-12-08, 23:00
Sure! Why not?

I'll show you how!

:vlol:

Andariel
03-12-08, 23:02
In the end if you both can't become best friends and aren't equally attracted then it won't work.

Shrantellatessa
03-12-08, 23:06

By "tricking" he meant something more "elaborate." And why don't you just follow your own advice (in your signature) ;)

Thorir
03-12-08, 23:07
1. Black magic. :)
Existed for hundred of years. Surely wouldn't still exist if it didn't work??

2. Try to get to know him. Show you are interested. Be incredible good looking (always helps). Have same interests as him. :)

Last resort: Strip. Hetero boys don't care how you look if you have boobs.

laralover_07
03-12-08, 23:08

j/k

Does this work the other way too?

And I don't mean hand washing bikinis wearing a car.

Feather Duster
03-12-08, 23:09
:vlol:

Tyrannosaurus
04-12-08, 00:03
No good ever comes from telling someone you love them, even if you do. This is just awkward, and they might feel dirty afterwards. Of course, people have so many differing definitions of love it's ridiculous. There seems to be some stupid unspoken timeframe for determining when you're actually in love. Most people will not call it as it is, thinking it can't possibly be valid love unless it's mutual, mature, developed, and you've been together for many years or some nonsense like that.

Those sites that instruct guys in techniques to attract women are so hypocritical. "Attraction isn't a choice," they assure us, and proceed to instruct you in ways to make sure a woman falls in love with you. "But," they also advise, "don't fall in love with her until she's yours." If attraction and falling in love isn't a choice for women, then how the hell can it be a choice for men?

remote91
04-12-08, 00:04
If you want it bad enough and have some GHB..

Nefertiti_89
04-12-08, 06:48
Be yourself. Theres no forcing someone into loving you, but then they can't love you if you dont show them who you are - you have to let him decide.

And then if he doesn't like you for who you are hes not worth it anyway! :p

Also, just try to be good friends first - my boyfriend was and still is my best friend first, and my boyfriend second. If you dont end up together, you've made a friend.

Immortalis08
04-12-08, 06:57
If it was meant to be set it free, and if it wasn't meant to be let it be.
You cannot make or force someone into loving you. I've found that you usually find love when you are not looking for it. I've certainly remember one of my best times and relationships occurring when I wasn't aware of the other person noticing me. Be yourself and for now just enjoy life and you will find that one day that special someone will notice you.

Tyrannosaurus
04-12-08, 07:28
In my experience, telling someone to be his or herself is akin to saying "do nothing." And if you're guy especially, nothing comes from nothing. I only managed to hook up with my ex because I was making an active effort to go against my nature and speak to as many girls as possible and ge their contact info. That certainly wasn't second nature to me then, or now. That was my last year as a fifth year senior in college. I certainly didn't have enough social skills at any point in the past to be anything other than myself before. But to create a new persona that can speak to girls and attract them? That was a Herculean effort.

Immortalis08
04-12-08, 07:31
Excellent point, and I suppose everyone has different experiences then. Being yourself is just one part of the solution. Of course there also has to be input, but I just think some people do not know how to measure their actions. Its fine to take some initiative, but one shouldn't have to bend over backwards to get someone to barely notice them. I was taking that alternative into consideration. Its good to take risks and get yourself out there, but at the same time one shouldn't overdo it as that may just make them appear desperate and scare away potential relationships. At least that is my opinion. I am one of those people that believes in fate. Fate or lazyness, I don't know, perhaps both. :)

But I reiterate, different experiences, different views.

Ikas90
04-12-08, 07:41
You can't.

If the other person doesn't feel the same way you feel about him, he's not right for you. A number of times I have had crushes for girls, but they never went anywhere. Thinking about it was good enough for me back then. Then I became involved in a serious relationship. Neither of us "made" eachother fall in love; it just so happened. You start off as friends, get to know eachother, show some good interest in eachother, and if the chemistry is there, it'll go further. It's the best way to be happy with someone. Don't look for love; let it find you.

Don't go to clubs and pubs and waste time on indecent men. ;) They will most likely be just hook-ups, and never lead to anything serious. More of a "shag and leave" type relationship.

Gianni Bartoli
04-12-08, 07:49

Yes. My dad made my mum fall in love with him by romantically seducing her and 20 years later they're blissfully married with 3 kids! :D

Candygirl
04-12-08, 08:28
interesting views

rowanlim
04-12-08, 08:35
You can't make a man fall in love with you. You can only be yourself & love yourself 1st, then be open to accept love from another person & give love to him too.

Candygirl
04-12-08, 08:40
You can't make a man fall in love with you. You can only be yourself & love yourself 1st, then be open to accept love from another person & give love to him too.

well.. while you maybe CANT make him fall in love with you.. you can SURE as hell get him to notice you! :D:ton:

Admles
04-12-08, 08:53
well.. while you maybe CANT make him fall in love with you.. you can SURE as hell get him to notice you! :D:ton:
Or, you could simply approach him and make the first move, rather than trying to get his attention and hoping he'll ask you out.

rowanlim
04-12-08, 09:03
Or, you could simply approach him and make the first move, rather than trying to get his attention and hoping he'll ask you out.

TBH most of the time I do that. I rarely keep quiet about my crushes hehe :D They would know :mis:

Candygirl
04-12-08, 09:06

why wait for him to ask you out? if you like/care about him enough.. ask HIM out.. no crime in that.....:D

Candygirl
04-12-08, 09:07
TBH most of the time I do that. I rarely keep quiet about my crushes hehe :D They would know :mis:

hmmm.........i tell people, the only time to be silent is when you dead....

rowanlim
04-12-08, 09:17
^Use the EDIT button to avoid multiposting :)

It depends really, for some girls, it is CRAZY to ask a guy out...I tend to be sneaky about it. Being honest works but again, it also depends on the guy, he may not be open to such a strong opinionated female ;)

Punaxe
04-12-08, 11:12
I think it is a fact that people grow towards each other the more time they spend together, unless there are some big obstacles like totally incompatible personalities. Spending time with him is probably as close as you can get to "making" him like you.

TombRaiderCool
04-12-08, 16:36
You can't make someone fall in love with you because you can't control the way someone truly feels. You can however create a situation in which any drop of love has the chance to flourish and develop into a deep love. Most importantly love yourself; there is no point trying to get into a relationship with somebody if you don't love yourself, try building up your self confidence. Being yourself is also a good point, why pretend to be somebody your not, it can lead to much more problems than it solves. Make sure they are a good match, get to know their hobbies and interests.

Changeling
04-12-08, 17:25
There is no way to 'make' someone love you, but if you want to be open and accept love from someone else, you must first learn to love, accept and be proud of yourself. THEN you'll be able to accept love from another person. :D It's all about human bonds. You meet each other, become friends, develop a bond, and if you want it to go further, then go for it. And if you're worried about awkwardness afterwards if they don't feel the same way, the simple answer is to not create awkwardness in the first place. :p

And if all else fails, try a little Witchcraft. ;) lol

Endow
04-12-08, 17:27
Some people don't like to admit that there are reasons why people fall in love. It's not magic. There are loads of factors even though most of them are subconscious. Flirting is nothing more than tapping into that. So yes, people try to make others fall in love with themselves all the time.

da tomb raider!
04-12-08, 17:41
If you have enough money, then sure. :D

Autolycus
04-12-08, 17:49
NO!
Like a great person once said "love is a trick that nature plays to get us to reproduce!!"

Gianni Bartoli
04-12-08, 17:52
Some people don't like to admit that there are reasons why people fall in love. It's not magic. There are loads of factors even though most of them are subconscious. Flirting is nothing more than tapping into that. So yes, people try to make others fall in love with themselves all the time.

So... it's, um, 'determined', huh? ;)

Quasimodo
04-12-08, 18:05

I imagine you could make a creative pick-up line out of that :p

Endow
04-12-08, 18:35

There are factors which influence the whole thing. Doesn't mean my taste can't evolve over the years and that I was destined to like this or that kind of girl from the moment I was conceived:p

Admles
04-12-08, 18:51

Ahh but do you know those who crush on you ;)

why wait for him to ask you out? if you like/care about him enough.. ask HIM out.. no crime in that.....:D

That's what I was saying...... Instead of waiting on him to make the move, YOU make it!

jackles
04-12-08, 19:58
You can 'make' someone fall in love with you only if a number of variables such as physical attraction/personality/tastes appeal.

But you really really can't make someone stay in love with you if they don't want to be with you.

AODdigger
04-12-08, 20:00
I can make her like the best in me and yet be so blindened about how rarely I am the best of me... Yes, I can make one fall in love with me, with all due respect, one has his tricks and even if pagan, I would never force someone's fall in me with magick. That would be egoistic and it would one day, eventually, come back at me :)

But I can make somebody like me :p Which isn't in love, but bleh :p

Gianni Bartoli
04-12-08, 20:05
I imagine you could make a creative pick-up line out of that :p

"Hey good-looking, fancy coming home with me? Well, it's not like you have a choice really."

*pepperspray*

I think I'll save it for the third date, frankly.

There are factors which influence the whole thing. Doesn't mean my taste can't evolve over the years and that I was destined to like this or that kind of girl from the moment I was conceived:p

Yeah... factors which are DETERMINED. ;)
Anyway let's not go there.

NatlaCrazyness
04-12-08, 20:06
I can. I am teh queen of Atlantis and Vodafone gives me free mobile Internet cuz they surely know what's gonna happen if I get angry.
If they are open for bribery it's easier and less complicated. :p

Candee Sparks
04-12-08, 20:11
Men are easy to control and manipulate.

Kerrigan
04-12-08, 20:51
Technically, there's no such thing.

Archetype
04-12-08, 21:24

love can't be forced, has to be earned.

Lee croft
04-12-08, 22:14
NO!
Like a great person once said "love is a trick that nature plays to get us to reproduce!!"

really can you be so sure? what about the men that fall in love with women that cant have children and still stay with them and still love them

Draco
04-12-08, 22:39
Love Potion Number 8

Lee croft
04-12-08, 22:48
nope you cant make some one love you not even with money because then they dont really love you love is difficult and sometimes painful espeacilly when you know they can never love you back even if i had the power to make some one fall in love with me i wouldnt be able to bring my self to do it id rather see them happy with someone else then be pretend to be happy with me

Quasimodo
05-12-08, 00:37

I just imagined that being said in a Gou'ld voice. :vlol:

Tell, tell!

Nerd For Life
05-12-08, 00:46

This. :)

rowanlim
05-12-08, 05:12
Ahh but do you know those who crush on you ;)

No because its usually unexpected :p

@Draco: :vlol: That could work :whi:

Another Lara
05-12-08, 06:30
Don't go to clubs and pubs and waste time on indecent men. ;) They will most likely be just hook-ups, and never lead to anything serious. More of a "shag and leave" type relationship.

They're not just the men in clubs, in my experience that's most men's idea of a relationship!;)

But answering your question, no you cannot make someone love you, and you'll only get yurself hurt and ruin any sort of friendship you have if you try and force it too hard... just let it take it's course, if he likes you then great, if he doesn't, it's not the be all and end, there'll be someone else in time!:tmb:

TR love
05-12-08, 09:28
why are guys so darn tricky, first there nice to you, then they tease you and call you ugly or whatnot, then there nice to you, then there not. honestly it drives me nuts! i say nuts to them.

Lee croft
05-12-08, 10:58
hey why are us men being crucified? not all of us are bad

MiCkiZ88
05-12-08, 11:20
NO!
Question: What about gays? Do we not feel love then?

But yeah.. it's all about chemistry IMO. You can't really make someone make you fall deeply in love with you by just flirting or whatever. There needs to be an connection. I dont know how to explain it, but once you're there yourself, you know.

And not all men are easily played.

Nannonxyay
05-12-08, 11:26
I think more of the question is can you make anybody fall in love with you. From my experience, no. I like this person, and I know I'm young. But I like them a lot. And I just feel like I've fallen in love with them which I know sounds stupid because I'm only young. But I really really like them, it's just, they don't like me back.

Gianni Bartoli
05-12-08, 15:48
Question: What about gays? Do we not feel love then?

Everyone feels love. Love for family, friends, pets etc. Love has nothing to do with reproduction.

Lee croft
05-12-08, 15:53
Everyone feels love. Love for family, friends, pets etc. Love has nothing to do with reproduction.

exactly there is all different kinds of love

Legends
05-12-08, 16:18
'Make him love you'

You can't make him love you if he doesn't, but you can make him like you. Love isn't something you can force, buy or otherwise. What you can do, is play, but only if you're willing to fail.

]{eith
05-12-08, 16:22
Never underestimate the power of fish-net tights. ;)

CrypticDream
05-12-08, 16:54
{eith;3285271']Never underestimate the power of fish-net tights. ;)
LOL....:ton:

TR93
05-12-08, 17:11
You cant "Make" anyone fall in love with you,
Have to wait for it to happen,
If you try and force someone to fall in love with you...chances are they could end up doing the opposite and hate not love,
can't control fate;)
Just gotta let it happen:)

Gianni Bartoli
05-12-08, 21:47

Nope! There is only one type of love.

MiCkiZ88
05-12-08, 21:50
Nope! There is only one type of love.I dont know about that, but the love I feel for my boyfriend is completely different from the love I feel for my parents or my niece. And no, it's not sexual atraction/lust. It's far from it.

But I'm not in the mood to argue about it. :p

Lee croft
05-12-08, 21:52

OH MY GOD!!! there is.I mean you wouldnt love your girlfriend or boy friend the same way you love your mother and father because thats just sick!!

Twilight
05-12-08, 22:47

no, the love for your family/friends isn't the same as romantic love.

lust/infactuation can be mistaken for love.

and no, you can't force someone to fall in love with you. there's either a spark or there isn't.

Hermina94
06-12-08, 10:54

yes there is.the love you feel for your family,for your friends and for a special someone....

Gianni Bartoli
06-12-08, 12:51
OH MY GOD!!! there is.I mean you wouldnt love your girlfriend or boy friend the same way you love your mother and father because thats just sick!!

How the hell is it sick to love your boyfriend in the same way you love your brother, your parents or your best friend? :confused:

Changeling
06-12-08, 13:07
How the hell is it sick to love your boyfriend in the same way you love your brother, your parents or your best friend? :confused:

It isn't sick, but I think they were meaning if you were in a sexual relationship with a boyfriend, you would definitely feel a FAR more different love for them than for your family. :p It isn't sick to love your boyfriend the same way you love your parents or brother... but if it's a sexual relationship... I'd say that it is. :p

Lee croft
06-12-08, 14:06

because you would sleep with and snog your boyfriend or girlfriend but not your brother

Gianni Bartoli
06-12-08, 14:35
because you would sleep with and snog your boyfriend or girlfriend but not your brother

What's sleeping and snogging got to do with love? :confused:

It isn't sick, but I think they were meaning if you were in a sexual relationship with a boyfriend, you would definitely feel a FAR more different love for them than for your family. :p It isn't sick to love your boyfriend the same way you love your parents or brother... but if it's a sexual relationship... I'd say that it is. :p

Sex =/= Love? Since when?

TR93
06-12-08, 14:35
I agree with Lee,
I love my sister and my parent with all my heart, bloody relatives:)
I love you guys and girls at TRF....as your my friends,
but I dont love yall in the same way that i would love a boyfriend;)

there are different types of love.....

But your right too Gianni,
You aint gotta snog or sleep with someone to love them:)

Lee croft
06-12-08, 14:38
What's sleeping and snogging got to do with love? :confused:

Sex =/= Love? Since when?

it's the phiscal way of showing your boyfriend or girl friend that you love them and shouldnt do it with anyone else but them!!!

TR93
06-12-08, 14:40
it's the phiscal way of showing your boyfriend or girl friend that you love them and shouldnt do it with anyone else but them!!!

that is true,

but sometimes...ya'll know things happen,
People can get drunk, do thing they don't mean....doesn't mean to say cos you snog someone that you love them;)

should this be moving to the mature forum by any chance?,
I dont think it's really suitable for 13+;)

Lee croft
06-12-08, 14:42
that is true,

but sometimes...ya'll know things happen,
People can get drunk, do thing they don't mean....doesn't mean to say cos you snog someone that you love them;)

hahaha true :D but you wouldnt do it with your brother would you any way moving on other wise if this goes in the over 18's section i wont be able to post because im 16

TR93
06-12-08, 14:45
And Im 15:p, but still I got a wise head on these shoulders...I know about....well, stuff;)

Well of course I wouldn't do it with my brother...if i had one:p

But as I said a love for friends and family isn't the same as love for....well Lovers;)

Lee croft
06-12-08, 14:46
And Im 15:p, but still I got a wise head on these shoulders...I know about....well, stuff;)

Well of course I wouldn't do it with my brother...if i had one:p

But as I said a love for friends and family isn't the same as love for....well Lovers;)

exactly

Gianni Bartoli
06-12-08, 18:15
exactly

Nobody has explained to me how the love (LOVE not action or lust) you feel for a boyfriend is different to the love you feel for anyone else. All people have down is thrown around quixotic, baseless statements that appeal erroneously to the non-existant, abstract non-entity "common sense".

I love my boyfriend... and I love my parents, brother, sister and best friends in the same way.

And I also just happen to lust over my boyfriend (which is very different to love and is only directed at him!) which leads to snogging and, yeah...:p

MiCkiZ88
06-12-08, 18:24
I really dont know, nor can I explain it in words, but the love I feel for my boyfriend is stronger than the one for my parents, step-sisters or niece. It's not lust. It's not atraction. It's deep love.

Maybe I just dont love my parents as much? Meh.. and maybe I just involve romance with love.

Christi
06-12-08, 18:31
Oh you can. Have you spent any time with him? If not, he probly doesnt know if he loves you yet ;) But if you have spent a ton of time, and he still is incapable of loving you, then...I'm sorry love.

Changeling
06-12-08, 18:34
I really dont know, nor can I explain it in words, but the love I feel for my boyfriend is stronger than the one for my parents, step-sisters or niece. It's not lust. It's not atraction. It's deep love.

Maybe I just dont love my parents as much? Meh.. and maybe I just involve romance with love.

Yeah, I agree. The love that I usually have for a partner is stronger than the love I have for my family and friends... so yeah. :p

Um... maybe this could scratch some light on different types of love:

Agape = This word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional and thoughtful love.

Philia = A type of love that is usually translated as friendship.

Gianni Bartoli
06-12-08, 20:30
Yeah, I agree. The love that I usually have for a partner is stronger than the love I have for my family and friends... so yeah. :p

Um... maybe this could scratch some light on different types of love:

Agape = This word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional and thoughtful love.

Philia = A type of love that is usually translated as friendship.

The above two loves both sound exactly the same to me. :confused: Also, 'divine'? No such thing.

Oh, and the love I have for my boyfriend is stronger, yeah. But quantity is different from quality.

Changeling
06-12-08, 20:32
The above two loves both sound exactly the same to me. :confused: Also, 'divine'? No such thing.

Oh, and the love I have for my boyfriend is stronger, yeah. But quantity is different from quality.

Meh, each to their own as I said before. :) But I still believe that there are different types of love. :D I admit that I haven't actually explained it properly, but just because you can't explain something, it doesn't mean it's not true.

Hermina94
10-12-08, 21:24
what do you think about this:If a guy is constantly looking or staring at you,what does it mean?

jackles
10-12-08, 21:33
Depends what his facial expression is......

A bloke kept staring at me once....while his mate nicked my purse from my bag.

Eye contact and smiles are good. Eye contact and frowns are not!

Kerrigan
11-12-08, 12:54
Nobody has explained to me how the love (LOVE not action or lust) you feel for a boyfriend is different to the love you feel for anyone else. All people have down is thrown around quixotic, baseless statements that appeal erroneously to the non-existant, abstract non-entity "common sense".

I love my boyfriend... and I love my parents, brother, sister and best friends in the same way.

And I also just happen to lust over my boyfriend (which is very different to love and is only directed at him!) which leads to snogging and, yeah...:p
I think the difference is that the romantic type of love also leads to lust, or starts due to physical attraction and it's hard to separate those two, even though you know you feel both about one person.While the love for your parents and friends will never be connected to lust, and you'll never feel the impulse to express it in that way.

tomkat
11-12-08, 14:21
You cant make someone love you, and you wouldnt want to be loved by someone you made to love you anyways. Thats too much effort to waste on one person.

Love develops over time when the conditions are right.

L.C
11-12-08, 15:36
For any female questioning and agonizing about how much a guy likes you, I'd highly recommend a read of He's Just Not That Into You, a book written by 2 of the ex-Sex and the City writers.

It's quite light-hearted and easy to read, but it is very straight to the point in letting you know whether a guy wants you or not.

Believe me, you'll save yourself a lot of time and potential heartache if you read it :)

nicola1986
11-12-08, 19:38
I'd say no, either he likes you for who you are or he doesn't and to be honest, I don't think it would be the same anyway, I would rather have a guy that loved me without me trying to make him.

If you could, Jason Behr would love me to bits right now :cln: