PDA

View Full Version : Funny little things your pets do

Solice
03-12-08, 23:26
They are as individual as we are. They have their likes, dislikes, habits and quirks. So what are they?

Peek a boo Gia (http://www.poemspoetry.com/misc/giapeek.jpg)

She does this every night when I am getting ready for bed. She sits at the end of the hallway and watches me from around the corner. I have no idea why.

Jo269976
03-12-08, 23:31
My dog (named Lara ;)) will sleep on every single bed in the house in one morning. Even if she has to lay ontop of someone to do it :tea:

hera7days
03-12-08, 23:32
My cat like to play under kitchen chairs and chase her tail, flipping over the bars, doing somersaults. One time she decided to get up on the banister above the second floor and swat at her tail from underneath.

She also likes to put the back of her back leg up against things. Doors, chair legs, my leg...

trtrailerman
03-12-08, 23:34
my cat when he was a kitten slept in the fruit bowl, and now hes a full grown massive cat he still does it xD but he looks so silly.

xx_Hunt_xx
03-12-08, 23:37
My dog Daisy
whose a small Jack Russle (Best dogs in the world)
LOVES the christmas tree
its a family joke that Daisy is a xmas tree hugger lol
When our tree goes up every year for the past 6 years she sits on the chair next to it and just stares. When i say stare i mean she doesnt take her eyes off it, if you go to sit on chair next to her she gets in a panic and starts to edge more towards the tree, if you touch the tree she growls and does the dog cry, when the lights go on the tree she wags her tail.
Its all so cute and funny
Its like shes going
"Oh tree i love you i do"

Quasimodo
03-12-08, 23:39
Sometimes my very clingy Boston, Maggie, will hide in my Dad's closet and ignore our calls. I think she likes to feel important by having everyone look for her.

Once I stood in front of the closet, shaking a box of dog biscuits and calling her name over and over. I started to feeling a little crazy for doing this, so I set down the box, knelt down and put my ear to the closet wall. I heard a little gasp, then nothing. The damn dog was holding it's breath! I reached in and dragged her out :p

remote91
03-12-08, 23:39
When the clothes in the dryer are coming to the end of the timer my dog starts rubbing her head against the door really hard and barking.

It's hilarious.

Feather Duster
03-12-08, 23:42
If my kitty really wants something in the morning, she'll have the nreve to come in through your bedroom door, jump up on the bed, and kiss your ass by nuzzling you :vlol:

Fdx Croft
03-12-08, 23:47
Owww... Your cat its so cute Solace! I have a cat too! They are the best pets by far...

Mine ehmmm... Well... He becomes very active and starts jumping at night... He leaves home at midnight (I dont know where he goes!) and then appears magically in my house at morning... Nothing so special...

But I love him :)

Geck-o-Lizard
03-12-08, 23:50
Dante goes mental when he's in a playful mood. He'll sprint around the house at top speed, charging over things, into boxes, under chairs, in and out of rooms. In the dining room he sometimes lies on his back under the table and runs around upside down, pulling himself along by the undersides of the chairs. He does the same with the sofa. :cln:

Another one is that if you pop your head in the door of a room and he spots you, he'll keep staring at you until you hide again. He'll wait a few seconds, then when you don't reappear, he sprints out to find you. Peekaboo is so much fun. XD

He also loves knocking things off high surfaces. Like mugs of cold water on my desk, onto me, at 7 in the morning.

And if there is an empty box or bucket in the room, he will leap into it as soon as he spots it. He'll run up and down the kitchen with his head in a bucket, pushing himself along with his hindpaws until he hits something. :p

Evey will chase after anything that moves. ANYTHING. Especially your shoelaces and the hems of your trousers. When she wants to go outside, she'll stretch up and lean against the door, looking at you with wide, plaintive eyes. She can also hear the fridge door opening from a block away.

Shrantellatessa
03-12-08, 23:51
If my kitty really wants something in the morning, she'll have the nreve to come in through your bedroom door, jump up on the bed, and kiss your ass by nuzzling you :vlol:

:vlol: :vlol:

I had a white female budgerigar (how do you write that) that used to flip and sleep on her back and move in that position for a few centimeters; she's dead now; I miss her :(

Hairhelmet12
03-12-08, 23:53
My cats used to get up in the tree and have there heads just stick out and just lay there, it was hilarious

Feather Duster
04-12-08, 00:03
:vlol: :vlol:

I had a white female budgerigar (how do you write that) that used to flip and sleep on her back and move in that position for a few centimeters; she's dead now; I miss her :(

old age? :(

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-12-08, 00:58
I just had to post about this because I walked into my livingroom, and my dog is resting against a pillow and Girl, Interrupted is on TV, and it looked like he was watching it. :vlol: I love my doggg.

Fallen.Angel
04-12-08, 01:50
I've got a lot of unqiue Ball Pythons.

My only female python, when you rub down her back, she'll lift up her rear rend right into the air. It's too cute. She has gotten pretty vicious when it comes to her meals though (she has to be fed live).... just recently when I TRIED to feed her a pre-killed mouse, she actually turned around and deliberately bit/attacked herself... not once, but a few moments after that, she did it two more times.

And my first ball, well, whenever I feed him his thawed mouse, he's such a goober, he'll get really close (close enough where he's actually touching it with his snout), and then he'll strike at the thing. Whereas most snakes usually stay a distance before striking at their prey. Sometimes he wraps it up and think he's actually killing it, even though it's obviously dead.

I've also got a maine coon cat (they're known to give 'hugs') and that's exactly what she does. She'll come up to me or my mom and just do it. She also is a whiner when it comes to food.

hera7days
04-12-08, 02:01
My only female python, when you rub down her back, she'll lift up her rear rend right into the air.
Aw! My cat does that. :D

Fallen.Angel
04-12-08, 02:03
Aw! My cat does that. :D
Most cats do that, I *would think* anyways. But always adorable nonetheless! Just thought it was cute but rare since it's a snake that does it lol.

hera7days
04-12-08, 02:14
Most cats do that, I *would think* anyways. But always adorable nonetheless! Just thought it was cute but rare since it's a snake that does it lol.
Yeah. I've never heard of a snake doing that- granted, I don't know much of anything about snakes. :/ Eh, whatever. It does sound cute!

Evan C.
04-12-08, 03:00
My black cat talks O.o
I swear,he is very smart indeed...he can talk with other cats,how many here can do that?:D

Indiana Croft
04-12-08, 03:02
My dog jax will say I want one when he's hungry. Like it sounds just like he's saying it lol.

tranniversary119
04-12-08, 03:19
Whenever me and somebody else wrestle my dog immediately goes for her toy and starts going crazy and barking. We think she uses this so she doesn't end up biting anybody :vlol: It's hilarious..it's a saint Bernard so she's a big goofball :hug:

john_york
04-12-08, 10:03
If I let my bearded dragon, Arnold run around my living room, he'll always run full-pelt headfirst into the door and then sit there looking dazed and confused! Stupid thing. :vlol:

Shrantellatessa
04-12-08, 10:28
old age? :(

That or sickness. I wasn't home at the time, I was on campus :(

Paddy
04-12-08, 10:31
Watching the cats kill flies is hilarious.
Man theyre quick.

Archetype
04-12-08, 10:44
My rabbit falls over on its side with 1 ear up

CuteKittenlol
04-12-08, 11:37
Well, mine does this (crappy quality but yeah):

http://i37.************/5nmy5g.jpg

Sticks his tongue out, lmao XD

Encore
04-12-08, 11:45
^ rofl, my cats sometimes do that, they look so silly!!

Well one of my cats, Bibi, likes to lick and bite plastic bags from the supermarket. :confused: Funny enough, she inherited it, because her mom used to do the same! But her brother doesn't. Maybe it's a female thing. :D

Geck-o-Lizard
04-12-08, 20:30

Awwww Evey does that sometimes. She gets interrupted while washing herself and forgets it's sticking out. :cln:

Here's how Dante usually sleeps:
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9985/gingernaptd5.jpg

Voni
04-12-08, 20:39
Hehehe, silly kitty! ^^^

My dog Jasper used to get himself into daft scrapes that we'd have to rescue him from. Once, I was walking him and he disappeared. When he didn't come back, I went looking for him and found him up to his belly in mud in a river bed! I had to climb in there and dig him out!

Seb_01225
04-12-08, 20:53
my kittens are literally just crazy no little funny thing about them they're just damn mad, but i guess its kinda funny that Sid thinks shes a dog shes a wired one(shes called sid cos she used to be a boy but then we found out she wasn't seriously she is attracted to female cats though so we thought she was male but no shes a gay cat i'm guessing!)

trXD
04-12-08, 20:55
My youngest doggy has started to pick up random objects around the house with his mouth and then drop them in front of me as a present.

He is so adorable:D

Solice
06-12-08, 00:17
Awwww Evey does that sometimes. She gets interrupted while washing herself and forgets it's sticking out. :cln:

Here's how Dante usually sleeps:
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9985/gingernaptd5.jpg

That's cute.

Solice
06-12-08, 00:18

That is so funny. One of my cats does that too

]{eith
06-12-08, 00:36
Ashrah (my dog: Samoyed) loves giving High-Fives and she's the best dog for shaking hands and wrangling my other dog,
Elmo (my other dog: Maltese) has a habit of repeatedly banging his front paws against windows and glass doors. It looks so funny when you're on the opposite side. :vlol:
Wowdy (my cat) will slap you if you don't pay attention to him.

Bumio
06-12-08, 00:42
my cat Pinokio brings back the ball to u if u throw it :)

*laralover*
06-12-08, 00:51
My cat Shiba likes to attack the scratching post and do a few backflips and shes 8 years old :p