PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

Greenkey2
04-12-08, 16:21
Well, this is a new experience for me. I'm upping sticks and moving out of the house I've lived in my entire life :p We - myself and deepbluesea - picked up the keys this morning, signed the tenancy agreement, and are now trawling through mounds of paperwork and looking for places to find furniture. With any luck we'll be in and living in our new place before Yule :D It feels so surreal to lose Chickpea and get the keys to a new life chapter all on the same day.

It's a simple two bedroom terraced house, recently refurbished with a shiny new kitchen and bathroom. I'm really excited but a little nervous, since this is the first time I'll have lived somewhere new :o Hopefully I'll have some before and after pictures to share in the coming months.

Note to anyone requesting voiceovers: while the move is going on I won't be doing any voicework, so please do not send me any scripts unless you're happy to wait till the New Year. I hope to be back online and able to do your recordings in early January :wve:

What are your own house moving experiences? Have you lived at the same address all your life, or have you switched locations every time the wind changes? :p

Feather Duster
04-12-08, 16:24
Great! :tmb:

Me? No!! I as a child have lived in an at least 6 apartments. My parents were too poor to buy a house, but when the finally got the money (I was just finishing first grade when I had to switch schools, thank god, cause kids were horrible to me there! :() they went house hunting. They bought a 70's styled house short after and now, after some years, it's a modern marvel :)

Lee croft
04-12-08, 16:26
im currently in the 3rd house the 1st one i moved out of when i was 3-4 i think then the 2nd one i moved out of when i was 7 and now im 16 nearly 17 :D i preferd the 2nd one
i hate it where i live

Shrantellatessa
04-12-08, 16:34
Congrats for the new house :tmb:

My parents have moved many times before I was born, but since I came to this world, we're still living in the same house :) But for the past six years I've been living 360 Km away from home in another city, on campus. But I'm almost done now and glad to be back home for some time before getting job and moving somewhere else.

disapearing-boy
04-12-08, 16:45
I lived in 9 different houses by the time i was 8yrs old!!!:D

I don't really remember the first house very clearly but i've seen photos.. My parents moved alot, once my dad got a job as a undertaker and we lived in a house literally on the graveyard site!!
It was a very unstable childhood, i found it hard to make new friends. Now every thing's grand, i love meeting new people.. i had some crazy adventures with total randomers:p

I lived in the same house now since i was 8 which was 13yrs ago!! My parents put the house up for sale every so often and then change their minds, they're at it again right now!

TombRaiderCool
04-12-08, 16:49
I hope that you have a great time in your new house! :)
Moving house is always a big step in your life, especially if it is your first time doing so. I remember the first time I moved house for the first time I moved house, it was a scary experience to begin with but then I settled in my new house pretty well. :)

dream raider
04-12-08, 16:50
Congratulations! :tmb: :)

You'll probably think: "Hey, this is a new beginning! Woot!" :D

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your new home! :hug:

Archetype
04-12-08, 17:04
Gratz! :)

Lived in the same house for the past 20 years.

rowanlim
05-12-08, 06:00
Hope you'll have a great life in your new home! :tmb:

I'm staying in the 2nd house I've ever lived in, been here for nearly 2 decades! :tmb: ;)

MiCkiZ88
05-12-08, 06:07
Congrats! :tmb:

I've lived in.. erm.. two different towns and 5 different apartments and a house. Most of my life I've lived in a house though. And I'm going to move abroad in just couple of weeks. :)

Swaye
05-12-08, 08:04
I'm happy for you, moving house gives you the possibility of a new start, at least mentally.

I've moved house for the first time 4 years ago, but it's practically across the street (boulevard) from where I first lived. I enjoyed moving very much and I was really looking forward to it since we moved to a way nicer apartment and not to mention it's double in surface and more modern.

I'll be moving house again in a year or 2 because we are also building our own house, something we've been wanting to do for a long time, but couldn't because my parents bought me a car and I had expenses in my last year of high school.

I wish you all the best and to cherish your new home! :D

Lara's Backpack
05-12-08, 09:55
All the best Jenni!

Ive moved myself many, many times and Im about to do it again aswell! Good luck with all the packing and unpacking (the bane of my exsistance, and it'll become yours too Im sure :tea:)

Voni
05-12-08, 10:06
That's ace! Good luck moving!

I've lived in 4 different houses, and they were all pretty nice. Every time we moved as a kid I thought, 'Why? I like it here!'

I've been in my current house 10 years now, longest I've ever lived anywhere!

It's probably also worth noting that I lived in an ex convent for a year :D.