PDA

View Full Version : Carolling

TRexbait
05-12-08, 01:03
I'm hoping to go caroling with friends on Christmas eve. (Going door to door singing Christmas carols)
Have any of you ever gone caroling, are planning to go caroling.
Please post your experiences. :D

Feather Duster
05-12-08, 01:04
*stares for a long time* Huh?

Oh, no, and I don't plan to. I don't think I want to aggravate and potentially kill some innocent old lady...

Quasimodo
05-12-08, 01:33
Maybe people still do that outside of America :confused:

TRexbait
05-12-08, 01:37
I'm in america. I'm doing it to:
spread holiday spirit in my neighborhood (which has been long gone)
get a reaction
have some fun with a group of friends

irjudd
05-12-08, 01:42
Do you have to wear any dorky sweaters? :D

Quasimodo
05-12-08, 01:42
I'm in america. I'm doing it to:
spread holiday spirit in my neighborhood (which has been long gone)
get a reaction
have some fun with a group of friends

You could choose a Britney song and choreograph a dance :whi:

ThatNorskChick
05-12-08, 01:45
Heh, I did it with my choir once...it was miserable though. It was freezing out and pretty hard to sing when you're cold. Well, other than that it was pretty fun. :p

Ikas90
05-12-08, 02:18
*is reminded of that Mr. Bean episode when he just shuts the door on the carollers*

Lmao. That sounds like fun. :D I've had carollers come up to my place when I was in Greece. Never happened in Australia though.

You could choose a Britney song and choreograph a dance :whi:

:vlol:

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-12-08, 02:44
When I was little, my best friend who lived down the block and her family were like, hardcore Christians, and they'd come carolling every Christmas eve. I'm still not quite sure what I think about carollers. I think it might be more fun if you're the one actually going around singing... Just my opinion though. :vlol:

Tomb of Legends
05-12-08, 02:50
I find it alittle awarked to do it even have it done to me. But thats because it doesnt happen in Australia.

I suppose America does do somethings better hehe. The Christmas spirt over there must be great. I dunno if it would really "feel" like Christmas though..after 15 years of Summer Xmas's...a winter one would be crazy!

Feather Duster
05-12-08, 02:53
I find it alittle awarked to do it even have it done to me. But thats because it doesnt happen in Australia.

I suppose America does do somethings better hehe. The Christmas spirt over there must be great. I dunno if it would really "feel" like Christmas though..after 15 years of Summer Xmas's...a winter one would be crazy!

Umm, it's not that great, trust me.

Imagine opening your front, three hoodlims standing in front of you singing

♪♫♫♪ Tis' the season to be jolly fa-la-la-la-laaaaa-la-la-la-laaa ♫♪♪♫

Mr.Burns
05-12-08, 02:57
Unless they're panhandling, soliciting, preaching the word of G-d or have a weapon of some kind, I'm not fussed by carolers.

rowanlim
05-12-08, 04:56
I'm hoping to go caroling with friends on Christmas eve. (Going door to door singing Christmas carols)
Have any of you ever gone caroling, are planning to go caroling.
Please post your experiences. :D

I've never gone caroling, my country is largely Muslim but I think it's a lovely tradition :tmb:

The best I've done is play Christmas Carols at home on my piano, even though I'm not a Christian but it's fun to get into the spirit ;)

Nannonxyay
05-12-08, 07:41
I only will give them money if they're doing it for a good cause, and not just wanting money to buy presents or something for themselves.

TRexbait
05-12-08, 23:55
^Oh yeah, some people do it for money. I honestly forgot about that. Yeah, i'm just doing it to have some fun, and i feel really christmasy this year for some reason. I we get money, tat's just a plus. :p

ivannnnn
06-12-08, 02:15
I've never gone caroling, my country is largely Muslim but I think it's a lovely tradition :tmb:

The best I've done is play Christmas Carols at home on my piano, even though I'm not a Christian but it's fun to get into the spirit ;)

Really? :p but i dont think so. :) :(

Carolling to me is childish, but who knows Im gonna be a child some day. :D

Camera Obscura
06-12-08, 02:25
http://www.tinyprints.com/funnycards/10.gif

I don't mind Christmas carols as long as they know how to sing.

TRexbait
06-12-08, 02:32
^ROFLMAO :vlol: The sad thing is, i can actually imagine tha hapening.

viper456
06-12-08, 02:34
I would never EVER go christmas carolling even if my life depended on it. Same as I will not sing karaoke/singing games for anyone! Its for the greater good I tell ya! :p

[IMG]http://www.tinyprints.com/funnycards/10.gif

I don't mind Christmas carols as long as they know how to sing.

LMFAO I just proper laughed haha. Im so like him in that respect. No one better come-a-singing at my house! *Boo hiss boo*

Feather Duster
06-12-08, 02:54
OMG Simon would stuff his v-necks in his ears! :vlol: