PDA

View Full Version : Bush disgusted by Iraq abuse

tlr online
30-04-04, 18:29
President George W Bush says he shares the widespread international revulsion at the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US guards at a notorious Baghdad jail. As the graphic pictures were beamed across the world, Mr Bush said he was disgusted and vowed that those responsible would be "taken care of".

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40099000/jpg/_40099893_prisonergrab203.jpg

www.bbc.co.uk (http://www.bbc.co.uk)

tlr online
30-04-04, 18:30
Anyone got any thoughts on this whole incident? How does this make you feel?

rocker2004
30-04-04, 18:37
it makes me feel disgusted and upset!
My friends Das died in Iraq in the first day out there and I just want all of this to end!
I wish it wasnt happning in the first place

swimfanc42tr
30-04-04, 19:36
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be American... :(

Celli
30-04-04, 20:01
I'm not sure what to say, just that Bush often ends up being one whose words and actions contradict each other.

Thorn
30-04-04, 20:09
I think it's sick what's happening. Bush should've stepped up. I think he shouldn't have declared war. We just lost more lives and it's sad. I hope it all ends.

Ocean-Sirius
30-04-04, 20:25
Like it says in Metal Gear Solid, war brings out our worst traits and emotions. I'm not trying to excuse this and I think it's appaling to treat them this way. Not a good idea if we're trying to stabilise the country and win Iraqi hearts.

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-04-04, 23:22
Glad to see that President Bush is trying to fix this problem. More power to him! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

tazmine
01-05-04, 00:15
This is becoming more reminisceint of Vietnam every day.

At the start, I thought it was a good plan, & If I were an American , I would have supporetd Bush, but now...I see pics of Iraquis in the streets...they hate the US, & obviously, everything it stands for...I'm not sure I underrstand why.

I would like to see an interview with an Iraqui as they tried to explain their point of view: why would they prefer Sadaam to something trying to approach democracy?

bumb1ebee
01-05-04, 05:00
Ugh... how disgraceful to the US military personnel who actually respect what our country tries to protect.

[ 01. May 2004, 06:02: Message edited by: bumb1ebee ]

ambico17
01-05-04, 06:17
You could look at this pic in many differant ways.

That person is a prisoner of war for some reason. He may have killed a soldier. He could have been the mastermind for telling a 14 year old girl to strap explosives on her and walk up to that check point and blow herself up.

The media has a way of trying to get us to think, "Ah, what a poor man. Bad, evil America!" I for one am not falling for it. This person would probably kill me and not even have blinked in the process.

bumb1ebee
01-05-04, 06:20
Yes ambico, but no matter how bad our criminals are, in any US state or US territory, we have to treat them humanely. People have fought for better prison conditions in the past and I think it's important that it stays that way.

ambico17
01-05-04, 06:34
Yeah, that's true bumb1ebee. Sometimes I don't always see the bigger picture.

I would not make a good cop. I'd beat the tar out of someone for failing to use their turn signal! :mad: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

Draco
01-05-04, 11:59
Originally posted by Celli:
I'm not sure what to say, just that Bush often ends up being one whose words and actions contradict each other.I dont see how.

PS: The pic looks fake to me...

tlr online
01-05-04, 14:54
The Daily Mirror published pics of British troops allegedly urinating on Iraqi prisoners today. This is looking like itís not the isolated incident Bush has been referring to.

Draco
02-05-04, 18:31
Wouldn't that be something for Britain, not Bush to worry about?

TheEveningStar
02-05-04, 18:39
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-3.gif I don't have a comment on this topic, this kind of topics are too controversial here, and I really don't want to get to argue for what i think.

swimfanc42tr
03-05-04, 03:58
Originally posted by Draco:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Celli:
I'm not sure what to say, just that Bush often ends up being one whose words and actions contradict each other.I dont see how.

PS: The pic looks fake to me...</font>[/QUOTE]It looks like a black version of the KKK... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

amelhag
13-05-04, 11:22
To all people all over the world .
To all those who are still considered among human being .
To all those who still believe in what is called the human rights .
To all those who still alive inside , not only outside .
To all those who deserve to be called human .
We are crying , shouting .
Heeelpppppppppp
We need to stop what is happening in Iraq .
Mr. George W Bush has claimed Sadam Husein to be a dictator and he was killing the iraqian people .
He claimed that to start the war in Iraq .
He lied and said that he will start a war to bring democracy to Iraq .
So , now we are asking you all and we are asking Mr. . Bush also ,
What is the democracy ?
Is it destroying homes , hospitals and school ?
Is it killing innocent people and children ?
Is it raping women and young girls ?
Is it to enforce prisoners to practice sodomy ?
Is it peeing on prisoners ?
Is it tying them like animals ?
Do they have fun , do they enjoy that enough to take photos beside this action ?
I think , that they all really have fun , and consider it a good memory to take photos to remember it .
People , this is the democracy as Mr. . G .W Bush believe .
If this is the democracy , I think I donít and even no one of you will love to live in democracy .
They do what Sadam Husein could not even think about it , he was killing people but once .
But they are killing people thousand times .
They steal the Iraqian oil .
They rape women .
They abuse every one , all ages , all religions , and they are proud of this ,
And when their secrets are discovered , what the did ?
Tony Blair , appears to say , We apologize to those who had been abused .
Is that all , you kill me , **** on me , rape me ,
Then you say you are sorry .
What **** a hell ,
It is really the democracy .
People , we need your help to stop all of this .
Do you trust that this had been stopped .
Those disgusting things are being practiced since one year .
How we can be sure that they had been stopped , and why they are staying in Iraq ?
We need to stop .
Mr. George W Bush and Mr. . Tony Blair and all the members of American and British government must be brought to a fair trial as a war criminals .
All the American and British soldiers in Iraq must go to the same , and IM asking that they judged to be killed by shooting or at least go to jail for at least 50 years .
And in the end , IM asking all the people who donít want the world to be all Iraq , to help to stop all the inhuman practices and to make sure that they wont be anymore .

We need your help to get all those British and American botchers and monsters outside Iraq and to help those miserable people to get life again and to trust in the international world and to make them believe again , that there are humans still living and fight to make their brothers in humanity live and we are not in a jungle ,
That is a fact , but really nowadays , with all that happening we cannot be sure .
So we need your help to prove that fact .
You should help , as if you donít share us you will share them in what they are doing .
And there is no cost ,
All what you have to do is to share with your opinion and your effort in your location and job to make what you think that it can help .
And for share you can send to
Amelhag_4_humanrights@yahoo.com
Or share in the group

tlr online
13-05-04, 11:39
Originally posted by mahmood afifi:
George W Bush and Tony Blair must be brought to a fair trial as war criminals.This point, at least, is very valid. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay with us. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

ELEN
13-05-04, 11:42
Welcome to the forum mahmood http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

I can understand your anger and chagrin. I'm also against this inhuman treatment.