PDA

View Full Version : Rec and Quarantine, new way to make good movies?

Lara.Jolie7
08-12-08, 05:09
Hello
few weeks I heard some ppl talking about a movie called Rec
And everyone tells the same thing!
The movie looks that will be the worst movie ever and is a amazing zombie style movie!

Rec
A movie from Spain
Real locations
1 camera and good actors
The movie is like a report shooting the night of fire man
And then they discover something was wrong in a building
Is like amateur camera, good actors, good improvisation, a lot of action make this movie sooo good!

Is really impressive how cheap and good that movie is... (u guys should watch!)

Well I was in the movies to see Rec today
And the first trailer was QUARENTINE (this trailers spoil me in rec movie...)
American version of REC
Well
I dunno why they want to re-make a movie that have like 1 year only
And is the same thing!!!!!!
I'm just going to watch Quarentine cuz I want to see how they handle with the Spain version and cuz I like the actress xD

And is kinda weird...
American movies IMO is one of the best in industry
And they make a lot of steps in the horror genre
Saw kinda of movie, Scream etc etc
But is kinda weird the fact that they try to put they way (or face) to make movie in the others movies, like I KNOW A LOT OF PPL WHO DON'T KNOW that The Ring have a first version (Ringu) and there's not a big difference. ( Just because "Ring" have a nice make up don't mean that the "Ringu" didn't scary at all)

Well
So the point of this thread is
What you think about that step of the horror movies?
What you think about Rec and Quarentine?
Why re-make something that isn't so old?

hope that thread don't be bad interpreted
Thx...

Sir Croft
08-12-08, 05:17
Never heard of this movie. But I think the reason for remaking something that isn't that old is just money. Good stories make money, specially if it's in Hollywood. It's basically the same that happened to The Ring. I must say that I preffer The Ring over Ringu, I actually laughed a lot when watching Ringu. :p

Tombcool
08-12-08, 05:19
I really like those kinds of movies, but you forgot about "The Blair Witch Project" and "Cloverfield", I think those are more worthy of that style of film, especially the latter. Although a lot of people might say "The Blair Witch Project" is crap, you have to admit, given the really small budget the film crew had, they did a really good job.

You do know that the majority of American horror flicks today are remakes of old Asian horror flicks right? :p

Lara.Jolie7
08-12-08, 05:32
Never heard of this movie. But I think the reason for remaking something that isn't that old is just money. Good stories make money, specially if it's in Hollywood. It's basically the same that happened to The Ring. I must say that I preffer The Ring over Ringu, I actually laughed a lot when watching Ringu. :p
I laughed 2 cuz the make up of the Ring was good when Samara meets then, and the Ringu was priceless

I really like those kinds of movies, but you forgot about "The Blair Witch Project" and "Cloverfield", I think those are more worthy of that style of film, especially the latter. Although a lot of people might say "The Blair Witch Project" is crap, you have to admit, given the really small budget the film crew had, they did a really good job.

You do know that the majority of American horror flicks today are remakes of old Asian horror flicks right? :p

Cloverfield I think I never saw, I'll make a search
I took Rec and Quarentine cuz I wanted to take the "remake" story
Blair Witch is amazing and a myth!
Did it realy happen? Was it fake? But Rec and Quarentine is a movie of zombies and we know it's fake so that's why I didn't talk about blair wich.

After a little search
looks like Cloverfield have other takes from cameras, Rec is about only one camera to make it look real.

I don't see as a majority

Oops... The Blair Witch Project is the secound movie?
Cuz if it is it's realy a crap
Also when the Blair Witch movies came to the movies I read the "urban legend" was like a promotional poster.. that the witch lived in a lake and she just took the girls legs and then they died, there's nothing about a ghost or something like that

Nemo_91
08-12-08, 14:16
I haven't seen Rec yet but I've seen Quarantine which was pretty good, especially the last one hour.
As for The Blair Witch Project...It's the scariest movie i've ever seen in my life! :D The second one is so crap though. xD I also really liked Cloverfield. :tmb:

M.A.
08-12-08, 14:37
After a little search
looks like Cloverfield have other takes from cameras, Rec is about only one camera to make it look real.

Cloverfield is recorded from ONE camera point of view, the same as any other movie here. That movie have to be seen in big screen to really appreciate it. I walk into the cinema expecting a cheesy monster movie. I walked out never to see gloomy fire escape staircases and high rise building the same way again.. :D

CLOVERFIELD 2 (from another camera point-of-view) FTW!!! :D

Aurelien52
08-12-08, 15:11
[REC] :hug:
One of my favorite horror movie :hug: . Did you know that a sequel is in the making ? :eek:

I don't think that Quarantine can be as good as [REC].
REC is improvised.
Quarantine is based on a script based on the improvised dialogs of [REC].
And Quarantine is American :ohn: (joking :p )

Lara.Jolie7
08-12-08, 19:59
I've seen Quarantine which was pretty good, especially the last one hour.

Thx for telling

Cloverfield is recorded from ONE camera point of view, the same as any other movie here.

CLOVERFIELD 2 (from another camera point-of-view) FTW!!! :D

Thx for that info, I didn't knew it

[REC] :hug:
One of my favorite horror movie :hug: . Did you know that a sequel is in the making ? :eek:

I don't think that Quarantine can be as good as [REC].
REC is improvised.
Quarantine is based on a script based on the improvised dialogs of [REC].

A sequel!!! Cool!
Yes I think Querantine can be bad 2
But I'm going to see how they handle it

Thx guys for the info and opinions