PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one?

xx_Hunt_xx
10-12-08, 14:21
Am i the only one who doesnt drink alcohol?
I feel like i am
It annoys me the way people think just cos i dont drink it means i dont have good time.
On the 20th im off to my first concert to see (James) I dougbt any of you have heard of him. Type in youtube James Laid and thats one of his songs. Anyways im off to see him and my mates are all like come the pub and have a few to drink with us, now im fine with going the pub, but youd think after 6years of knowing me they would know i dont drink. Dont get me wrong i do have my fave drink, but i only drink it at xmas and birthday, its not that im prude, i just can think of alot better stuff to spend my money on,my uncle is an alcoholic so it kinda puts me off and im allergic to wine. Really is annoying me that as soon as i say to someone i dont drink there automatic thought is "What a bore?" Or " Bet she doesnt have fun at all" No im not a bore at all im really not and i do know how to have fun, im the one out of my mates that they turn to and ask whats somthing fun we can do cos i come out with all sorts of good ideas.
Just wondering if anyone else doesnt drink? Cos to me it feels like everyone does apart from me.

NatlaCrazyness
10-12-08, 14:26
No.
I don't drink either ;)
Because drinking steals me life and money :D

Angelx14
10-12-08, 14:26
I don't drink

It's just another company thing. Some people don't understand and know HOW to have fun without the alcohol.

Swaye
10-12-08, 14:28
I understand you very well, I don't usually drink either.. Especially because I'll get dizzy and it's not such a good feeling (for me at least :D) Also I usually go to clubs by car so drinking is a big no-no because I won't risk anything for the sake of being 'cool'.. Of course, at special occasions I leave my car at home and have a couple of drinks, but that happens rarely..

xx_Hunt_xx
10-12-08, 14:29
So glad to know im not the only one.
Just really getting me annoyied lately with peoples first reaction when i tell them i dont drink.
Its seriously like in this day and age if you go out and dont get drunk then you havent had a good time.

Lara's Backpack
10-12-08, 14:30
I can understand not drinking, I can count the amount of times Ive drunken alcohol this year on one hand and still have a finger or two to spare.

I do think you can have more fun with alcohol, but I also think it can be very dangerous. Everything in moderation.

NatlaCrazyness
10-12-08, 14:30
There are millions of people that don't drink. I don't care if I'm the only one, I don't want to stay dizzy or to take my life time. I don't smoke either.

xx_Hunt_xx
10-12-08, 14:33
Yeah i dont smoke aswell
I spent 7 years of my life getting my dad to quit.
It doesnt bother me that i dont drink, the only thing that makes me angry is peoples reactions to not drinking. I really dont need alcohol to have fun, it also annoys me when i say i dont drink and some people read that as i dont drink much...
What i said i dont drink
Not il have one drink
its werid and annoys me!

Voni
10-12-08, 14:36
I drink but I don't need it to have a good time.

I can understand why you don't, it sucks up money like nobody's business, and the morning after... bleugh!

Don't worry about it, just think about how healthy your liver is! :D

Legend of Lara
10-12-08, 14:36
I think I'm one of the two or three underage members here that don't drink and have never drunk. :p There was an alcohol thread here sometime and the number of underage drinkers stunned me!

MattTR
10-12-08, 14:37
Nope, you're not the only one who doesn't drink, I don't drink or smoke, I think it's nasty.

I've had a few glasses of cranberry vodka once at a party, and hated it, never had it since.

I don't intend getting drunk off my ass making a mockery of myself. ;) I'd rather be the sober one at the party, hehe. And remember it the next day.

Lara's Backpack
10-12-08, 14:40
"underage drinkers"

I personally find that quite funny, as it varies from country to country and completely disreguarded in some, whilst alcohol is completely banned in others.

Mind altering substances have been around since man decided to have 'just one lick' of that funky mushroom all those many many years ago :p

Its all down to personal preference. Personally, I think alot of youth related alcohol incidents would go away if there was no age limit - simply because it would take the whole scene down a notch from illegal.

hera7days
10-12-08, 14:46
I don't drink to get drunk. I just can't see the appeal. But sometimes, I'll drink alcohol beverages for the taste. Smirnoff Ice tastes like liquefied candy.

Betal
10-12-08, 14:46
I drink. But I can have fun without drinkin. And I don't really like the feeling of being drunk. The first time I couldn't walk and I talked like a idiot all the time. But in my head I was thinking ''wait... Am I drunk? o.O'' . But I'm often at parties and then I drink.

I'm also a smoker. Many people thinks I'm trying to be cool. But I'm addicted.....

CroftScionGuard
10-12-08, 14:48
I don't drink alcohol unless it's a special ocasion, and it's not a mere bottle of alcohol I drink during those special ocasions... I'm very specific :whi:

Ikas90
10-12-08, 14:52
Of course you're not the only one. Having a drink isn't exactly my definition of having a good time either. When it's some kind of occasion, then I don't mind. But to have drinking as a regular social event, no thanks.

But even on special occasions, I've never consumed enough alcohol to become intoxicated.

rowanlim
10-12-08, 15:01
I drink occasionally, nothing too heavy :)

If you don't want to drink, don't let people pressure you. Congratulate yourself for thinking of your health, you're not the only one, so fret not :tmb:

tranniversary119
10-12-08, 15:03
In the summer I drink not heavy though :wve:

jamieoliver22
10-12-08, 15:05
I drink occasionally, nothing too heavy :)

Likewise - I don't really drink a lot at all, only if I go out with my mates or something. I never really drink to get drunk - but it does help me to relax sometimes (makes me rather jolly actually) at parties and such.

I do drink cider mostly, not to get drunk, just because I like it. I only then drink a pint at a time.

MiCkiZ88
10-12-08, 15:08
Definitely not.

I do drink, but with moderation. If I do drink, it's just a cider or two at home. Or if I go out, it's 2 - 4 drinks max. And I drink very rarely. Once a month or so. Alcohol makes me more open and it's easier for me to unwind enjoy a night out. But I can easily do without as well! Besides just one cider is enough to make me tipsy.

Smoking? Blegh.. just the plain smoke from others is enough to make me feel dizzy and nauseous. Used to smoke when going out, but I never do that anymore. And.. I hardly even go out. :p

Still I think it's great that there are people who can enjoy a night out without any alcohol. :)

Seb_01225
10-12-08, 15:24
i do drink but i do also understand how you can have fun with out alcohol i hate it when my friends are like WHAT how are you having so much fun your sober and it really gets on my last nerve heh.

infact i was considering giving up drink because i have MORE fun when sober.

Ampersand
10-12-08, 15:26
I get the same all the time. It's annoying but I generally ignore it. I don't drink, never want to drink, dislike the company of drunken people, and don't equate getting drunk with having a 'good time' - once people realize that, they tend to lay off. D:

john_york
10-12-08, 15:30
I do drink, but being the only one in my house who drives, I often have nights out etc, where I don't drink and still have just as much fun as if I were drinking. I can totally see where the non-drinking midset comes from. It's always fun to be smug and non-hangovery when everyone around you feels like crap the next day!

xRikux89
10-12-08, 15:34
I've been properly drunk only once in my life, and it was only about a year ago... :p And then maybe that one glass of whatever, but only on real occasions, and when it's "polite", if even then. Meh~ Not really my thing.

CroftScionGuard
10-12-08, 15:36
But even on special occasions, I've never consumed enough alcohol to become intoxicated.
LOL! I don't look for drunk moments... I only drink in special occasions but it's nothing to get drunk... :)

Mad Tony
10-12-08, 15:41
Unlike most people my age, I don't drink at all. Some people assume that my parents just don't let me have it. That's not the case. They're perfectly fine with the idea of me drinking, I just choose not to. I've never liked the taste.

Changeling
10-12-08, 15:54
I don't really see the point in alcohol to be honest. I'd much rather be on a hyper instead. :p I mean, what's the point in drinking something that doesn't even taste good, becoming dizzy, vomiting, doing things you wish you never did, not remember anything you did the night before and spend the whole of next morning with a massive headache and your head in the toilet? It's not exactly my ideal way of having fun. ;)

Atlantisfreak666
10-12-08, 15:58
I occasionally drink.

toxicraider
10-12-08, 16:05
I think I'm one of the two or three underage members here that don't drink and have never drunk. :p There was an alcohol thread here sometime and the number of underage drinkers stunned me!

Haha yeah same, well i have drunk, but generally alcohol makes me sleepy, which isn't that fun lol., and i don't like wine much anyway.

Atlantisfreak666
10-12-08, 16:10
Haha yeah same, well i have drunk, but generally alcohol makes me sleepy, which isn't that fun lol., and i don't like wine much anyway.

The only alcohol I drink is wine.
:p
I don't really like beer.

scion05
10-12-08, 16:15
Only when away from parents... meh, it's my business I suppose :) I'm not exactly a dangerous wino anyway :p

xx_Hunt_xx
10-12-08, 16:20
I don't really see the point in alcohol to be honest. I'd much rather be on a hyper instead. :p I mean, what's the point in drinking something that doesn't even taste good, becoming dizzy, vomiting, doing things you wish you never did, not remember anything you did the night before and spend the whole of next morning with a massive headache and your head in the toilet? It's not exactly my ideal way of having fun. ;)

100% agree!

Tombreaper
10-12-08, 16:23
I don't drink alcohol, so your not the only one.

TombRaiderCool
10-12-08, 16:35
I hardly ever drink alcohol. I really donít see the point of getting drunk, there is nothing fun about getting so drunk you canít remember the night before and have a major hangover. And donít underage drink. It doesn't make you cool or anything.

Logie 12 =]
10-12-08, 16:47
i will never drink.. it damaged my uncles liver.. and now hes gone :(

scion05
10-12-08, 17:00
Drinking in moderation won't harm your liver. Alot of doctors say it's a good idea to have a certain amount of wine. Debatable of course :)

Fallen.Angel
10-12-08, 17:01
I've only drank three times in my life. :o And now I no longer do it. And I am glad not to be doing it.

Same goes for smoking... which is even a bigger waste of money (IMO).

dream raider
10-12-08, 17:02
I only drink at special occasions really.

Lara's home
I never drink.
Never been a fan of being drunk.

KurtisLonely
I drink it sometimes, at parties just one or two bottles :) used to drink in weekends, but I don't do that anymore =]

but I'm certainly no addict, and I don't need it for fun either. ;)

elizard_9594
10-12-08, 17:03
YAY TO THE NON ALCHIES!!!!! *raises glass of sparkling grape juice for toast*:D:D:D:D:D:D

remote91
10-12-08, 17:03
I used to have that attitude.

Then I got drunk a few times..

Its great.

Shrantellatessa
10-12-08, 17:04
I've never drunk and I never will; so NO, you're not the only one.

Tina Croft
10-12-08, 17:05
Drinking in moderation won't harm your liver. Alot of doctors say it's a good idea to have a certain amount of wine. Debatable of course :)

exactly. wine is healthy for you, unless you go over the top with it.

for me i once drank so much alcohol, that i almost got sick... and did weird stuff... :o since that day i rarely drink alcohol and not as much anymore.

Archetype
10-12-08, 17:06
I rarely drink,

Might have the occasional lager, but that's it really.

Wine at Christmas though, with a cigar.

stranger1992
10-12-08, 17:24
I do not drink. End of. I just do not have the urdge. If someone offers me then sure but getting drunk is NOT my thing. I've been around people who are drunk and its fine as I act more relaxed. The person I am. :)

domina
10-12-08, 17:34
I used to not drink (well, I used to not drink to get drunk--I've always enjoyed wine and margaritas and pina coladas and such), so I know exactly how you feel. :hug:

Actually, people pressuring me to drink was one of the reasons I never wanted to do it. I don't like it when people expect me to do something just because they're doing it. That remains true still--I have my own ways of enjoying alcohol, which usually doesn't involve chugging beer or taking shots, and I don't like people trying to get me to do something I don't wanna do.

I will say, though, that I have never been able to tolerate drunk people when I'm sober. That is just so unpleasant to me. Not that getting drunk is the only way to rectify that, but I definitely have a hard time having fun when I just find everyone around me so damn annoying.

tr_mitch
10-12-08, 18:45
One of my friends used to not drink when she came out... was a new years resolution or something, anyway my other friend tipped some alcopop in her coke one night and now she drinks like the rest of my friends, gets drunk every weekend lmao.

I enjoy going out with my friends every Saturday night, and theres nothing wrong with that what so ever... since we're not harming anyone, and love the morning after when we 'attempt' to recollect all the events from the night before.
Haven't got any problem with the non-drinkers though, not that i know many anyway.

Hyper_Crazy
10-12-08, 18:50
I never used to like the idea of drinking about a year and a half ago. But I don't know, something happened and now I get drunk usually once or twice every weekend (vodka + lemonade or JD :D). I really should stop drinking though, I started when I was 14 so :/
I've tried to quit but it never works.

Another Lara
10-12-08, 19:04
I'm not much of a drinker and I try to avoid it when I can... as I've been out of my head from booze and absolutely hate the feeling and always feel sick for days after...

I have a friend in her forties (I'm 23) who gave up drink about 10 years ago, but I have never met anyone more mad and more fun on a night out than her, you would think she was the drunk one when we go on a night out, the mad random things she comes up with!:p

Nausinous
10-12-08, 19:05
I rarely drink alcohol :)

Punaxe
10-12-08, 19:09
I don't really drink alcohol. I'm not a teetotaler, but there's just hardly any alcohol that I like. Beer just tastes bad, and everybody I know that does drink it says it's an "acquired taste" - why the hell would you even want to acquire a taste for alcohol? :confused:

From the rare few drinks that I did try, I kinda liked Bailey's...

Aphrodite22
10-12-08, 19:40
well i dont drink cuz im too young, but still ppl of my age drinks..

but ive tasted it and i dont like it very much, plus it makes your stomach bigger ;)

Fdx Croft
10-12-08, 19:49
i do drink alcohol, but just a few and in parties... i dont like to get drunk... but i have a lot of friends who dont, and i respect them for that... ;)

erosan
10-12-08, 20:21
i hate alcohol and i think it's pointless. 90% of my friends think the same way, so alcohol never shows up to our parties.

Feather Duster
10-12-08, 20:49
I don't, never will :)

Endow
10-12-08, 20:54
I don't really drink alcohol. I'm not a teetotaler, but there's just hardly any alcohol that I like. Beer just tastes bad, and everybody I know that does drink it says it's an "acquired taste" - why the hell would you even want to acquire a taste for alcohol? :confused:

From the rare few drinks that I did try, I kinda liked Bailey's...

Guuhh...Bailey's makes me sick.

I don't usually drink but there are times when I enjoy having a drink. Not to loosen up or anything (i don't really need that) but for the pleasure of drinking something tasty. I love a franciscan beer or a caipirinha or a vodka-redbull. If I go out, I rarely drink more than one drink, though. (coincidentally last week I got wasted in a friend's birthday party :o wanted to win a drinking contest [go ahead laugh] and I eventually did win! At a heavy price though :(; )

Drinking isn't some mystical ritual or anything, it's pretty simple why people do it. Some people like chocolate and would drown in chocolate syrup if they could. Some people like to drown themselves in alcoholic beverages. I dislike most alcohol but I understand people are different.

As for being picked on because you don't drink, I'm afraid you need to be a little more confident in yourself. Who the hell cares if your friends call you chicken for not doing whatever it is that they are doing? You sure shouldn't.

TRhalloween
10-12-08, 20:54
I hate when people act as if people drink by default. "Why don't you drink?":mad:

Shrantellatessa
10-12-08, 21:01
I don't, never will :)

:tmb:≤

Tombcool
10-12-08, 21:03
I don't drink, nor will I ever, never even tried the stuff.

Even food @ restaurants that say there is wine that is put on the food / cooked with it, I refuse to eat the meal or I ask the waitress to not use wine at all because of the alcohol.

Seb_01225
10-12-08, 21:28
^ but once alcohol is cooked it doesn't really have the same effect as drinking it (i think?)

Love2Raid
10-12-08, 21:38
I don't either!

It's just toxic anyway, good for nothing. :hug:

Paperdoll
10-12-08, 21:45
^ but once alcohol is cooked it doesn't really have the same effect as drinking it (i think?)

The alcohol is evaporated after being cooked. But Moudy is muslim so... not much of a difference. I remember the headaches I used to have whenever I had to cook for muslim groups back at the hotel XD

Me? I drink. Less than I used to, probably still more than I should. And yes beer is surprinsingly an acquired taste, as odd as it may seem. I'm not very picky with my poison... although overly sweet stuff (or bitter, goes either way) or stuff with cream... yuck. I love me a nice caipirinha with black vodka.

And as for having fun with alcohol... I drink because I like it. Not to have fun. I never needed booze for that, actually I have much more fun sober (doesn't mean I don't drink eh) than drunk.

I don't either!

It's just toxic anyway, good for nothing. :hug:

A glass of wine at dinner or lunch is actually beneficial for the organism. Like everything, alcohol is bad when it's too much.

Kerrigan
11-12-08, 11:44
I did gradually acquire the taste for alcohol, because I didn't like it some years ago.Indeed, all of my friends drink but I don't feel pressured to do it, it just seems natural now to have a drink when I go out.And although I'm able to have fun without drinking, once I get dizzy another drink does seem like so much fun.And those stupid drinking contests..Idiotic, truly.
I know very well how annoying drunk people are when you're the only one sober.

I'm definitely not an addict and I never crave alcohol but I must admit I exaggerated with it over the last weekends, and I'm not proud of it.Got drunk, got sick, felt horrible the next day - I got the whole packet.Last weekend was so bad I swore I'm never doing that again.

MiCkiZ88
11-12-08, 12:08
I don't really see the point in alcohol to be honest. I'd much rather be on a hyper instead. :p I mean, what's the point in drinking something that doesn't even taste good, becoming dizzy, vomiting, doing things you wish you never did, not remember anything you did the night before and spend the whole of next morning with a massive headache and your head in the toilet? It's not exactly my ideal way of having fun. ;)Drinking with moderation and getting drunk are two completely different things.

Slightly tipsy = Having good time by being able to unwind and be more open.
Wasted = The things you mentioned.

Some alcohol drinks taste really good to me, whilst some just make me gag.. especially beer. I didn't even need to ''acquire'' taste for them. And I just am far more open and it is easier for me to enjoy a night out when I've had a drink or two. That doesnt mean you can't have fun without alcohol though. And yes, there are people who simply drink themselves **** wasted.

I do admire those people who can be open and have fun without any toxins. For me it's an way to relax. Yes, there are other ways of relaxing too, but I cant really expect an foot massage at some club now can I?

.. well.. depends on the club.

InVisibleLight
12-12-08, 21:04
i don't drink either. i think i'm a bit straight-edge that way :) yes i am more than old enough, but still theres no real drawcard in it.

there are other ways to make yourself feel good... drinking shouldn't be one of them, personally.

Benguitar
12-12-08, 23:25
No.
I don't drink either ;)
Because drinking steals me life and money :D

Exactly.

I don't drink, although I am only about to turn 16. :D

But even when I am old enough I don't want to drink.

~Ben

Flashy Lights
12-12-08, 23:38

Obviously you havn't drunk then. I think drinking twice in one weekend is enough, unless it's like a special 7 day event or something. I'd rather be hungover the next morning than not have a good time the night before, you could have like had the courage to ask a girl out or something. But I don't understand how people can be alcoholics when its not really addictive... at least not in the sense of cigarettes or drugs.

Shark_Blade
13-12-08, 00:40
I don't smoke and drink. :)

Evan C.
13-12-08, 01:17
I hate alcohol and cigarette,they are just dissgusting.

Twilight
13-12-08, 01:21
Am i the only one who doesnt drink alcohol?
I feel like i am
It annoys me the way people think just cos i dont drink it means i dont have good time.

stop right there. if you don't want to drink, then you don't want to drink. whatever they think about you is their problem. i know alot of other people (and myself) that don't need to rely on some drink to be themselves.

Lost Angel 21
13-12-08, 01:38
I don't drink-I'm underaged, but that hasn't stopped half my peers from trying drugs and drinking at parties. In truth, none of us really discuss drugs, I mean, I'll overhear someone saying "Oh yeah, I got high this weekend." or "I got so ****ed up last night." But that's their concern, not mine.

I don't even want to drink, and I have a friend who feels the same way, which I was honestly a tad shocked about, because he knows what my position is like now. I've grown up with drinking (my mom, and she's kinda past the point of no return with her condition, and it's only going to get worse), and I've discovered I just hate drugs. I mean, yeah, moderation, but eventually, even moderation in drinking can lead to addiction.

Watching someone destory themselves with any substance can either give a person two choices, as I was told by my sister: You can follow them, and do as they did, or you can carve your own path and not do what they did.

I've chosen the latter...

Admles
13-12-08, 02:48
I'm 30, and I didn't even start drinking any alcohol until I was 22 or so, even though the legal drinking age is 18 here.

I can go 6 months without touching alcohol, and I almost never drink out in public, but only in the comfort of my own home.

Consequently, I cop a lot from people for it but who cares. I prefer to keep my wits about me unless I know every single person there.

mau3genius
13-12-08, 04:01
I do drink. What can I say? I love wine, champagne and cider (But beer is a definite no-no for me. Yuck) And maybe some cocktails like daiquiri or caipirinha.
I don't drink often, only at parties. Though I almost always get drunk :p But it's not because "my friends drink and I feel bad If I don't" or because "that'll make me cooler/funnier". That's just retardedness at it's best. If I get drunk is because I tend to exceed with things I really like (for example, rosť champagne, or white wine), which by the way is not a correct behavior, but, I'll learn sooner or later.
I don't party that often anyway, and even If I did, I won't push anyone to follow my ways. What you do, it's up to you, and to you only. Doing/Not doing things because someone says they're wrong or right is to weaken yourself. (Did I express that correctly?)

ivannnnn
13-12-08, 05:11
I do not drink and I do not go on disgust...eww...:(:o

ChingKong
13-12-08, 06:35
nope ur not the only..ive seen wut drinking does to people...i stay off the stuff

Lara Coft Baby
13-12-08, 06:49
You dont have to drink or get drunk just to have fun. I dont drink but thats only cause I am 17 and a half and I am not old enough yet. :( Darn lol But i dont think you need to drink to have fun. My family don't drink alot and we all have a good time with our alcohol :p

tombraiderluka
13-12-08, 08:22
I don't drink too, used to, but now I don't :)

Nannonxyay
13-12-08, 08:26
I don't drink. A lot of people I know do despite only being 13 or 14 years old. They always talk about how they got ****ed over the weekend and can't remember the night. I don't see how getting drunk can be called a good time if you can't remember it the next day.

MiCkiZ88
13-12-08, 08:40
I can go 6 months without touching alcohol, and I almost never drink out in public, but only in the comfort of my own home.Ditto.

I very rarely go out. I think it's been over two years since the last time I went out to some club/bar/whatever on my own. I've only been the driver the past couple of years.

And I still admire those who really can enjoy the time out without any alcohol or so on. I can enjoy it as well, but after having a cider or two, I can be even more open. And note. I hardly ever drink more than 1 drink per night. My last drink was last saturday and that was one cider. Before that I only had one with my parents when they visited here, and two drinks on Mitchy's birthday.

It's not an weakness IMO. I really just do enjoy a good wine or some fruity drink just to unwind a bit. In moderation it is healthy. But unfortunately not that many care on how much they drink.. nor do they want to limit.