PDA

View Full Version : 3D art programs

moodydog
15-12-08, 17:43
I have taken an interest in 3D art programs, and i waanted something to start slowly off into the massive word of 3D art, however, there is soo many different Art companies and products like corel, daz, e-on software ect ect...

so if any of you use any.. please can u state which products/ software, and which is best to start of with.. (atm, i am stuck between e-on's vue, and daz bryce)... but at of all you know,, which one is good for a newbie; (like mee.... nearly nebie.. i have used som of them before) ..

atm,, i am stuck between bryce and vue easel (or esprit).. but i dont know which one to get... does anyone know which is better... or there is something else simple

preferably not a free downloadable one too.. (coz if you buy a boxed version... it tends to make you feel more commited)

Punaxe
15-12-08, 17:46
What sort of models do you think you'll be making?

I always use 3dsmax, it's great, it can basically do anything you want, especially since there are many plugins available as it's of course an industry standard.

Archetype
15-12-08, 17:53
3DS max and Maya are good to start off with, zbrush is quite nice as well when it comes to sculpting.

moodydog
15-12-08, 18:02
3DS max and Maya are good to start off with, zbrush is quite nice as well when it comes to sculpting.

haha... yes but arnt they like 1000's
i was sorta looking at the range of 50 -100 without turning to illegal methods :)

Archetype
15-12-08, 18:05
Well if your actually in a 3D art course, you get a student discount which is cheaper.

But, meh :P

moodydog
15-12-08, 18:07
Well if your actually in a 3D art course, you get a student discount which is cheaper.

But, meh :P

aah... yeh the autodesk has the 'Autodesk Student Engineering and Design' login which offers free software and discounts.. but i am not doing a 3D art class atm .. probebly will do though next year in college or at university

Archetype
15-12-08, 18:12
Probably best to wait then if you don't have a spare 4000 :)

maximum_123
15-12-08, 18:18
Maya lets you download a free version if you are a student in art or any education so you can do that. ;)

moodydog
15-12-08, 18:18
Probably best to wait then if you don't have a spare 4000 :)

hahaaa
** sigghs and reaches for back pocket** :p

soo.. i still gather at the moment, bryce of vue easel is still the best choice :)

moodydog
15-12-08, 18:19
Maya lets you download a free version if you are a student in art or any education so you can do that. ;)

aaah.. i am in art GCSE class.. and graphics ???

and will be in college

stranger1992
15-12-08, 18:33
concentrate on GCSE for now. IN the summer while your waiting; experiment.

ZBrush. 3d sculpting tool.

toxicraider
15-12-08, 19:06
Hexagon (http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/hexagon?_m=d) is a good cheap modeller, and carrara has really good landscapes and lighting effects etc.

Zbrush is really good, but you still kinda need to make a base model, unless you get very good at sculpting.

KurtisLonely
15-12-08, 19:20
Blender (http://www.blender.org) is a GREAT freeware program :) I use it, and it's great =] and doesn't use much space :)
has sculpting mode as well :) and a few fellow members use it as well

and then you also got the very expensive programs like Maya or 3D Studio Max.. but ehh.. good luck on that!

moodydog
15-12-08, 20:17
Blender (http://www.blender.org) is a GREAT freeware program :) I use it, and it's great =] and doesn't use much space :)
has sculpting mode as well :) and a few fellow members use it as well

and then you also got the very expensive programs like Maya or 3D Studio Max.. but ehh.. good luck on that!

aaah thanks.. i forgot bout blender,... did you find it hard or easy to use :)

KurtisLonely
16-12-08, 06:06
aaah thanks.. i forgot bout blender,... did you find it hard or easy to use :)
easy!

use some tutorials to learn the basics.. then you can try some things yourself =]