PDA

View Full Version : Friend problems

bivvy
15-12-08, 19:26
I have these two friends and I am not sure I want to talk to them anymore. Often when I try to talk they seem to be distant and sometimes even ignore. Running off when I approach them, stopping conversations when I try to join etc. I don't want anything to do with them anymore. Heck, someone even told me how they planned to go to France in the next Summer term and didn't invite me because they 'didn't like me'. I'm not suprised. Am I right in the decision I'm taking? Because I've tried talking and they were lying about the backstabbing and are were really biased. :/

Crisl
15-12-08, 19:32
Oh god, these people really don´t deserve your attention! What kind of "friends" are they? If they run off when you approach them, or ignore you etc.? :mad: People who do things like these can´t definitaly be called friends. No way.
So I think the best thing you can do is stay away from them and find some real friends :tmb: I hope you´ll be ok :hug: I knew people like this too and I know it´s not easy :( I wish you luck! :)

bivvy
15-12-08, 19:38
:hug:Thank you so much, I'll follow your advice. It's time to end it anyway.

Anleva
15-12-08, 19:39
What the? You shouldent waist youre time on ppl like that!

Dont pay anyatention to friends like that and consentrate on you real onec :D :hug:

Another Lara
15-12-08, 19:43
I have these two friends and I am not sure I want to talk to them anymore. Often when I try to talk they seem to be distant and sometimes even ignore. Running off when I approach them, stopping conversations when I try to join etc. I don't want anything to do with them anymore. Heck, someone even told me how they planned to go to France in the next Summer term and didn't invite me because they 'didn't like me'. I'm not suprised. Am I right in the decision I'm taking? Because I've tried talking and they were lying about the backstabbing and are were really biased. :/

I've had "friends" like this my whole life, makes you feel like the odd one out and the third wheel all the time... It gopt to a point I had blamed myself so much for the way people treated me that I ended up in therapy because I didn't think I was worth squat to anyone!:(

Get away from them as soon as poss, you don't need people like that in your life, ony makes you feel worse about yourself, you can do so much better!;)

Legends
15-12-08, 19:50
Don't turn into someone like that yourself. Treat your friends with kindness and respect, and to those you don't like, be polite instead of rude. It'll take you a long way.

Bumio
15-12-08, 19:55
just leave and forget them. such "friends" wont gonna even notice that ;)

Shrantellatessa
15-12-08, 20:00

Hell yes! You're for sure better off without'em :tmb:

Admles
15-12-08, 20:09
Those don't sound like friends to me.......

bivvy
15-12-08, 20:35
Just my point. :ohn:

Ikas90
15-12-08, 20:36
I think you'll be making the right decision by ending your friendship with them. They are hoax friends. If they've dropped you in the dirt, made unfair requests, threatened to not be your friend anymore or played on your guilt, it's time to move on.

Friendship is about effort. True friends will treat you the same way they treat all their friends. They will accept you for who you are, and they will be genuinely helpful to you should you ever need their advice and support. They can even tell you which friends are hoax friends.

TombRaiderCool
15-12-08, 20:38
Real friends won't just ignore you like that. Real friends will treat you exactly the same as everyone else and accept you no matter what. These people don’t sound like real friends to me.
Try talking to her about it before doing anything. Tell her how it makes you feel and who knows? Things might change. If things don’t, it’s time to move on. Still, doesn't sound very nice of them to do, and it's pretty hard to just do something like that without noticing you're doing it.

Betal
15-12-08, 20:39
Same with my old friends. Sometimes they started to talk when I talked. An they often ignored what I sayed and sometimes said: 'noone cares'.

It ended up with that I screamed 'SHUT THE **** UP' and slapped her so she couldn't hear with her left ear in like 2 days.

But now I have new better friends. Cause people like that aren't worth being friends with.

rickybazire
15-12-08, 20:55
I'm really glad that I've made new friends at school.

It's really good to hang around with them sometimes, and my old friends from Beaufort find it a tad weird that I hang around with others. But each time something happens that is not nice towards me, I just go somewhere else.

It's quite fun actually, sorta getting my own back at them for the way they've treated me also.

What Legends suggested...

Don't turn into someone like that yourself. Treat your friends with kindness and respect, and to those you don't like, be polite instead of rude. It'll take you a long way.

...is, in my opinion, the best way to go about it. Because it at least shows others that you are a decent person even when people are bad towards you.

...go Legends :D

Marianna12
15-12-08, 20:57
Ignore them! Try to make new friends and I think they'll be better than these "friends"! Don't show them your dissapointment and your sadness! And don't forget that we also are your friends, here in the forum!:hug:

btw sorry for my bad english!:p (Ignore me, too!)

Camera Obscura
15-12-08, 21:15

Best advice there is and one I always follow. :tmb:

Tombcool
15-12-08, 21:23
You made the right choice, let go of them, and move on.

Have to agree with this. :)

tr_mitch
15-12-08, 21:48
If they're running away and ignoring you, sounds like they've made the decision for you. :(

Tomb-Dude
15-12-08, 22:11
OK from my past expiriance from a person who was my best mate. When we fell out i found out a lot of stuff how he truely felt about me "He doesn't even know what he saw in me as a friend." "He hates me really" and the best comment "I hope you die and rott in hell 'coz ur a useless peice of ****" :vlol:

Then we put past behind us and he thought we where best mates i even told him that i don't see him as a best mate and he was like "OMG i see u as a best mate" But yeah. People like him and your friends arn't worth it. Now i've left school i've found out who my real friends are, (the ones who kept in contact) and as for him i've stopped talking but he got my new number and my msn and he keeps bugging me thinking we are all happy and best mates when i really want to tell him how much i hate him but i can't.

My advice. Don't talk to them, anything see what happens hang around with other people, give them some of their own medicine and see how they feel but don't over do it, it might turn out in the opposite way you expect ;)

rowanlim
16-12-08, 05:01

I agree with this :tmb:

I would try to find out why they are behaving as such, if there's nothing you can do, then be on polite terms with them. No need to ignore or be vehement unless NECESSARY :)

Shark_Blade
16-12-08, 08:06
Leave them be, bivvy. :) You deserve friends better than people like that.

It ended up with that I screamed 'SHUT THE **** UP' and slapped her so she couldn't hear with her left ear in like 2 days.:vlol:

TR love
16-12-08, 08:29
urgh the same thing happened to me last year. it lasted for about six months until they started wispering and looking at me during a volley ball game. i lost it and broke down crying. and NO ONE ever makes me cry. i just take in insults, spit them out and laugh it off.

try talking to them. if not go crazy and call them *****es so then the will go OMG PEOPLE WILL HATE US and all will be goooood. the'll come crawlin back lol :D then you will forget that happened and life will be normal

Shrantellatessa
16-12-08, 12:10
Same with my old friends. Sometimes they started to talk when I talked. An they often ignored what I sayed and sometimes said: 'noone cares'.

It ended up with that I screamed 'SHUT THE **** UP' and slapped her so she couldn't hear with her left ear in like 2 days.

But now I have new better friends. Cause people like that aren't worth being friends with.

EPIC! :tmb:

Paddy
16-12-08, 12:17

So sorry to hear that.
Nothing worse than backstabbing *****s. I know I had about 5-6 friends do it in the past.
You deserve better than what they dealt you.
Just know youre a better person then they are :) you shouldnt lose sleep or feel like crap because of people like that :).

Bellacima
16-12-08, 16:25

Ohh wow its kinda sad that the old friends you have just stop talking to you or dont want to talk to you at all. But if they are just going to be like that then you arent worth there time just go and chill with some other friends thats what i would do.

bivvy
16-12-08, 18:50
Thank you 4 the advice everyone, you all rock. :hug:

Crisl
16-12-08, 18:55
You´re very welcome :hug: I used to have a "friend" like this. She was normal in the beginning, but then she started to act like your "friends". One day she talked to me, another day she didn´t... I was quite stressed out by that, so I decided to stop talking to her too. And I felt such a relief :) I didn´t have to think about things like "Will she be talking to me today, or not? What should I do to make her talk to me?" etc.
I really think you´ll feel much better without them.
And I´m sure you have many friends here, who´ll support you ;)

Doby
16-12-08, 19:00

They are fake and stupid phoniezzz. I had the same problem. My ex friend never "liked" hugs now I see this other girl always giving her hugs and she doesn't mind. Now I'm all alone. I have no friends. Unfortunately, I always cry about being lonely.

CuteKittenlol
16-12-08, 19:09

The exact same thing happened to me in Y7/8 but i left them and found better friends who i see every day and know they're genuine/like me/treat me with respect/care about me. So, personally i think you're right, if they're treating you like that then they're honestly not "friends" you want to be keeping :) People deserve better than that..

TRfan23
16-12-08, 19:40
I know the group I hang round with at school is crazy. There's about 7 of us, (3 boys including me and 4 girls) and only one is annoying. She's so evil, her name's Georgia, she's basically a control freak, extremelly bossy. Turns out her personallity's identical to her mother, *sighs* runs through her mum's side of the family then?

She used to discriminate very badly against my best friend, called David, due to him over weight, calling him names :mad: Then she'd turn onto me, she used to kick us I ended up with a small bruise at one point. I reported her then she gradually got much better eventually, though she still ****es me off in minor incidences.

But now David ****es me off :vlol: he's so grumpy and moans at literally everything! He's so pervy as well, he keeps on looking at my other friends private areas :yik: But about this ***** she tried to originally get me and David to stop being best friends :( It never worked, though I naturally got annoyed with him, and still do.
I've been with this group for like 2-3 years now, we have arguments like every day :vlol:

So my best friend is now Monica, who's always quiet, but not so much anymore. As we continuously talk compared to in my previous years, yet David doesn't know I get annoyed with him! So now in the end it's 2 people who annoy me :( Also not only that, Monica's told me that David's been saying out of order things about my sexuality. *sighs* Turns out it's true as well :( Seeing he admitted it and never apologised :mad:

But yeh you might as well find some new true friends. Go round introducing yourself, but don't do it the way I used to do it! By randomly barking at people, who I never knew so they just laughed and found me interesting. Then friendship randomly grew, though I never really hung round with them at all lol. I'm very popular at my school, especially with my maniac like personality ;)