PDA

View Full Version : WARNING : Dont use Internet Explorer. Warning on news

Lara_Zoz2006
16-12-08, 10:20
In the news ....

Users of the world's most common web browser have been advised to switch to a rival until a serious security flaw has been fixed.

The flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer could allow criminals to take control of people's computers and steal their passwords, internet experts say.

Microsoft is investigating the problem and preparing an emergency software patch to resolve it, it says.

Internet Explorer is used by the vast majority of the world's computer users.

"Microsoft is continuing its investigation of public reports of attacks against a new vulnerability in Internet Explorer," said the firm in a security advisory alert about the flaw.

Microsoft says it has detected attacks against version seven of the browser - its most widely used edition.

But the company warned that other versions were also potentially vulnerable.

As many as 10,000 websites have been compromised since last week to take advantage of the security flow, said antivirus software maker Trend Micro.

The websites have been mostly serving up programs that steal computer game passwords, but the flaw could be "adopted by more financially motivated criminals", a Trend Micro security researcher said on Monday.

link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7784908.stm

badboy70
16-12-08, 10:25
I use Firefox anyway, but thanks for the heads up :)

AmericanAssassin
16-12-08, 10:26
Hahaha! :p I'm using Internet Explorer as I type this. I can't stand any of the other browsers... :(

Lara_Zoz2006
16-12-08, 10:27
Hahaha! :p I'm using Internet Explorer as I type this. I can't stand any of the other browsers... :(

Firefox is pretty much like IE anyway, i downloaded Firefox its quite good

Paddy
16-12-08, 10:30
Firefox is safer, quicker and more efficient than Explorer.

Archetype
16-12-08, 10:31
firefox!

KurtisandLara
16-12-08, 10:46
Google Chrome at the moment because Firefox somehow uninstalled itself from my comp and im to lazy to reinstall. :P

da tomb raider!
16-12-08, 10:46
Crap, I'd better switch to Firefox.

FinalRequiem
16-12-08, 10:50
I use Safari so i'm safe :D Thanks for lettin us know :)

ajrich17901
16-12-08, 10:51

My thoughts exactly i hate IE its way to slow lol

M.A.
16-12-08, 10:52
Jeez, what else is new? Use Firefox already...:D

Shark_Blade
16-12-08, 11:05
Firefox FTW. :)

Paddy
16-12-08, 11:08
Haha pretty much everyone was ahead of Internet Explorers problems :p

maximum_123
16-12-08, 11:08
Jeez, what else is new?

Exactly. IE has had faults for years!

I'm using Safari.

Lara_Zoz2006
16-12-08, 11:13
sorry i just thought i would let plp know if some plp didnt :(

Paddy
16-12-08, 11:14

Dont worry, was very good of you to put that in :)
My sister had warned me earlier today.

maximum_123
16-12-08, 11:15

Oh! We're not putting you down or anything, just that IE usually has security flaws but it's the first I've heard of this major one :) :hug:

Lara_Zoz2006
16-12-08, 11:17
Oh! We're not putting you down or anything, just that IE usually has security flaws but it's the first I've heard of this major one :) :hug:

:hug:

Lara's Backpack
16-12-08, 11:20
Chrome :)

marla_biggs
16-12-08, 11:30
firefox is where it's at :)

erosan
16-12-08, 12:06
Safari > all

Fish.
16-12-08, 12:20
Firefox is better anyway. :tmb:

Betal
16-12-08, 12:25
I have used firefox for 2 years now. I can't stand IE anymore.:p

rowanlim
16-12-08, 12:26
I use Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox, I seldom use Internet Explorer :p Thanks for the news! :)

Drone
16-12-08, 12:45
they don't scare me

:wve:

b0bb13
16-12-08, 12:52
My entire school uses Internet Explorer.I hope something bad happens.:cln::p
I use Flock,which is similar to Firefox.:)

Anajrob
16-12-08, 13:29
Why am I not surprised... :p

Shrantellatessa
16-12-08, 13:31
Thanks for the info. I use IE and I don't have any game or credit card passwords to be worried for and this is not the first time I hear about the "dangers" of IE and I'm still alive.

Punaxe
16-12-08, 14:18
When it comes to Internet security, I have to point out that Opera is in fact the winner - not Firefox ;)

Jack Croft
16-12-08, 14:21
I use Firefox anyway, but thanks for the heads up :)

:D

Dia2blo
16-12-08, 14:21
I'm using firefox right now, but thanks for the news! I better warn my mum :p

mizuno_suisei
16-12-08, 14:23
LOL I just saw it on the news, the chick said "They advise you use a different internet browser for the time being" But, how can you download a different browser without using IE :p

IceColdLaraCroft
16-12-08, 14:29
LOL I just saw it on the news, the chick said "They advise you use a different internet browser for the time being" But, how can you download a different browser without using IE :p

:vlol: true if that's the only thing you use

I have IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

I HATE Firefox because you have to download EVERYTHING as a plug-in, but for some reason they just dont want to "plug in" for my browser so I just use Chrome. LOL.

Neteru
16-12-08, 14:30
I HATE Firefox because you have to download EVERYTHING as a plug-in,This is what I hate about firefox, which is why I use Mozilla SeaMonkey instead.

Punaxe
16-12-08, 14:31
To advertize some more: Opera has pretty much all of the plugins you'd want built in :yah:

IceColdLaraCroft
16-12-08, 14:32
When are they going to come out with

SCION powered by Natla Technologies

can you link to Opera?

Punaxe
16-12-08, 14:34
When are they going to come out with

SCION powered by Natla Technologies

can you link to Opera?

Doesn't take a lot of imagination :p : http://www.opera.com/

IceColdLaraCroft
16-12-08, 14:45
Thank you I quite like it. Much better than Firefox. I like that you can change the 'skin'

Phlip
16-12-08, 14:52
Heh, at home I use FF. :D But here in the internet room on a cruise I'm using IE6. XD

Titanium
16-12-08, 14:59
I'll use Google chrome for the moment then. :)

luis54321
16-12-08, 14:59
I'm using Firefox don't like using IE too slow.

Punaxe
16-12-08, 15:01
Thank you I quite like it. Much better than Firefox. I like that you can change the 'skin'

Wait till you discover the mouse gestures :D You'll be hooked :p

jamieoliver22
16-12-08, 15:11
Welcome to the world of Internet Explorer. The slowest, least efficient and most unsecure browser around.

Everyone who uses IE, please switch to something else. Be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or whatever - just don't use Internet Explorer. Just because it is there by default, doesn't make it the best...

IE doesn't meet official W3 web standards, meaning that it doesn't actually render web pages properly, and web developers like myself have to sit for hours and hours trying to make a workaround (which is often invalid markup) to try to make it work, while it works with everything else.

Just do the world wide web a favour - www.getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) / www.opera.com (http://www.opera.com) / www.google.com/chrome (http://www.google.com/chrome)

Sir Croft
16-12-08, 15:14
Good I changed to Firefox a loooooong time ago. :D

Just do the world wide web a favour - www.getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) / www.opera.com (http://www.opera.com) / www.google.com/chrome (http://www.google.com/chrome)

:tmb:

oocladableeblah
16-12-08, 15:16
I use firefox and safari on mac anyways. I HATE IE they changed the stop and refresh buttons (put them on the right) and it is just so slow.
Edit- @icecoldlara what do you mean you like that you can change the skin? You act like you can't on firefox, but you can they are just called themes. Or is what your talking about different?

Nemo_91
16-12-08, 15:17
Firefox user here. :wve:

Changeling
16-12-08, 15:46
I'm using IE, and it works perfectly fine. :confused: I don't have Firefox or any other Internet network...

dizzydoil
16-12-08, 16:05
Firefox ftw :D.

TRhalloween
16-12-08, 16:08
Firefox user :wve:

Rai
16-12-08, 16:19
Thanks for the info. I use Firefox, have done for a while. I did have IE7 but uninstalled after it crashed my internet - even forcing firefox to do so too. I couldn't stay online for more than a few minutes. I hate it that some links/services from sites force you onto IE.

Hairhelmet12
16-12-08, 16:33
i use firefox anyway! ^_^

jaywalker
16-12-08, 16:49
I love the whole `THE WORLD WILL END` nature of the reporting.. its only an issue if u dont keep your machine up to date and dont run updated firewall/antivirus/spyware software..

Yes i know statistically speaking thats MOST people, but lesson learned people UPDATE or criminals will come in thru your pc and nick your COUCH.. and TV.. and.. erm.. children.. its TRUE cos BBC said so :)

coolaideonfire
16-12-08, 16:58
What else is new? :vlol:

You probably won't run into problems unless you're lured into it. Basically if you use IE always keep your guard up when visiting unknown websites and when entering sensitive data until there's a patch. You should be doing that anyway!

Fallen.Angel
16-12-08, 17:06
I'm going to play it safe [because I don't have anything like Norton] and download Firefox (I've used it in the past on my previous computer, though it was much better) but ever since getting this comp I kinda forgot about it.

Fdx Croft
16-12-08, 17:08
i use firefox, but thanks for the news...

NatlaCrazyness
16-12-08, 17:08
No IE, No FF, no Safari...
Google Chrome all the way!!

SamReeves
16-12-08, 17:11
I use Mac. :p

innocentvenus
16-12-08, 17:14
I use firefox, but thanks for the heads up. I'll let my mother know.

It's funny how easy IE is to hack. I mean, isn't it directly connected into your OS? Bad move I say...

Bellacima
16-12-08, 17:18

agreed :)

Buffy87
16-12-08, 17:22
Well I was using IE - but I am careful to keep my machine update. However.. I thought why not try a download link for a different browser to test it out - downloaded Google chrome and already the difference. Wow.. with the fastness! So I'm going to use this for a week until I go home and test it out. It cant hurt to have it aswell.. my parents have IE and AOL on their comp and it doesn't do them any harm to have two so I may as well. :D
Besides if there are a lot of security issues with IE - regardless of how well I keep my computer up to date I can't risk anything being hacked on here its my dissertation computer after all :D
So thanks for the heads up :D

CrisGer
16-12-08, 17:23
IE is fine and i am very tired of the scare tactics of these warnings, good anti virus will protect you as will a good firewall like Outpost and Spybot to tell you if any thing changes in your registry. Just be wise. and i dont use IE 7
it is lousy, it is a memory bloat. I know the poster means well but IE is fine.

spikejones
16-12-08, 17:30
wait... how is this a "NEW security risk?" Its always been there!! jeeze... if you pay attention to the names and descriptions of the windows updates, its pretty scary what they are putting out there on the market. I can already see the whole Mojave thing getting a bad rep before long. Hell... microsoft practically built spyware into the system according to their own advertisements. You know the whole part where the parent says "I can see what they are doing?" ... wont be too long before that gets exploited by hackers. They wouldnt even need to "market" their spyware apps as a genuine program anymore. Just tap right in to Mojave and voila!

Lara.Jolie7
16-12-08, 17:33
Fire fox is the best
That Iexplorer is so lag and so bad to use, and allways open a wlproxy something

Forwen
16-12-08, 17:45
I'm in your IE, stealing your cookies badum ch!

tomblover
16-12-08, 17:51
I don't use my gaming PC for important stuffs. No problems.

And why in the world would they pick me? :p

domina
16-12-08, 17:55

Me, too! :D The only reason I ever used Firefox was because it had tabs, but ever since IE got 'em too, there was no reason for me to use Firefox. I actually found that it crashed and froze WAY more than IE. Plus I can't log into most of my school accounts on other browsers. No security problems here.

EDIT - I actually don't mind Safari, but I'm so in the habit of clicking the IE icon that I don't really use Safari.

ivannnnn
16-12-08, 17:56
Every browser is just the same for me. :wve: :)

spikejones
16-12-08, 18:10
Me, too! :D The only reason I ever used Firefox was because it had tabs, but ever since IE got 'em too, there was no reason for me to use Firefox. I actually found that it crashed and froze WAY more than IE. Plus I can't log into most of my school accounts on other browsers. No security problems here.

EDIT - I actually don't mind Safari, but I'm so in the habit of clicking the IE icon that I don't really use Safari.

youd hate my machine... I deleted all teh IE icons from my machine and prominently placed firefox icons everywhere. i tried safari a little while and it was nice that it loaded fast and had support for some undocumented API's, but there were even some things that it would not support. its a shame that there are some web developers who develop solely based on IE and when someone uses a REAL browser, the page looks like crap or just wont load based on some stupid browser detection script. IMO... IE needs to quit being used altogether or either M$ needs to get their crap together and make it work right the way that every other browser behaves. as far as security risks are concerned though, theyve been there forever and they will never be completely gone. nothing is 100% bullet-proof.

KurtisLonely
16-12-08, 18:19
using both firefox and Chrome, never use IE.. so I'm safe anyways =p

TRfan23
16-12-08, 18:38
Phew! At least I moved to FF back in June\July :)

IE's soooooo much slower then FF ;) Plus more unsecure :tmb:

godmodder
16-12-08, 18:39
What's IE? I don't see it anywhere on my Linux box.:D

TRfan23
16-12-08, 18:41
What's IE? I don't see it anywhere on my Linux box.:D

Internet Explorer ;)

Punaxe
16-12-08, 18:48
youd hate my machine... I deleted all teh IE icons from my machine and prominently placed firefox icons everywhere. i tried safari a little while and it was nice that it loaded fast and had support for some undocumented API's, but there were even some things that it would not support. its a shame that there are some web developers who develop solely based on IE and when someone uses a REAL browser, the page looks like crap or just wont load based on some stupid browser detection script. IMO... IE needs to quit being used altogether or either M$ needs to get their crap together and make it work right the way that every other browser behaves. as far as security risks are concerned though, theyve been there forever and they will never be completely gone. nothing is 100% bullet-proof.

They're working on it. I hear IE8 will at least be CSS2 compliant, even partially CSS3.

jamieoliver22
16-12-08, 18:59
They're working on it. I hear IE8 will at least be CSS2 compliant, even partially CSS3.

It's about time.. Fully supported CSS3 in IE would be a dream, I am sick of having to use things like filter:alpha(opacity=##);

Hopefully conditional HTML comments can start to disappear too...

Chocola teapot
16-12-08, 19:26
Lol im downloading firefox now! is it easy?

jamieoliver22
16-12-08, 19:55
Lol im downloading firefox now! is it easy?

Yeah, probably more so than Internet Explorer.
This might help: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/For+Internet+Explorer+Users?style_mode=inproduct

Love2Raid
16-12-08, 20:15
Who needs IE when you have FireFox?

KC Mraz
16-12-08, 20:39
Opera user :wve:

Trigger_happy
16-12-08, 20:41
I only use IE when I have to-i.e., when MS refuses to allow me to use any other internet browser to update my computer, for example.

ShadyCroft
16-12-08, 20:49
Firefox user here :wve:, so no worries.

trlestew
17-12-08, 02:40
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/blegah/Googlechrome.png

yeah.....I use IE and was wondering if I download Google Chrome, will it take over as my only Web Browser? Or can i go back to IE?
Also is Google Chrome easy to use?

tranniversary119
17-12-08, 02:41
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/blegah/Googlechrome.png

yeah.....I use IE and was wondering if I download Google Chrome, will it take over as my only Web Browser? Or can i go back to IE?
Also is Google Chrome easy to use?

You absolutely can go back to IE if you choose to..and Google Chrome is pretty basic and easy to use IMO ;)
I don't use IE for anything..I hate it, I'm a firefox fan btw.

Feather Duster
17-12-08, 03:35
IE user here *dodges tomatoes*

I am so not scared, especialy since this is my momma's PC :mis:

ivannnnn
17-12-08, 03:38

Ow how evil you are! :mis:
If you don't like the PC anymore, send it off to me. :wve: :)

KC Mraz
17-12-08, 04:58

lol

IE8 *sounds* quite promising. If it ends being good I wouldn't mind being an IE user again :o

Lara Coft Baby
17-12-08, 05:15
I use firefox, i rarely use IE. I don't like it so much. :p

Elmer
17-12-08, 05:51
When it comes to Internet security, I have to point out that Opera is in fact the winner - not Firefox ;)

We here have both Opera and Firefox:)

MattTR
17-12-08, 05:55
I always use Firefox anyway, but I think this is made out to be more serious then it actually is.. :p For some reason my dad always installs it on his computer, he hates it.. :( But I'll always use it on mine.

Disco
17-12-08, 10:38
Simply don't visit any web sites you aren't familiar with until MS gets the fix out.
And don't use Teknum to update.

Jim

Godlikesweeper
17-12-08, 11:16
lol....like thats something new?!IE sucks major ass and everyone knows it!

Opera or firerefox.Try them both,and see withch one you like the best.I myself,am in love with Opera.Its the best,if you ask me.

IE should only be used to download a better web browser.:p
After that - bye bye....:wve:

@Disco
Or should they simply NOT use IE?That seams much more reasonable:)

jaywalker
17-12-08, 11:18
Thing i find REALLY funny is Opera has just pushed out some patches to fix `extreme vulnerabilities` in its browser (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/16/opera_update/).

Since they were always seen as the safest browser out there (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/15/browser_password_security_tests/) i find it sad that people jump on bandwagons so much against MS, yet ignore identical news stories for other companies

Note - MS will release a fix at 1pm EST via windowsupdate that fixes this issue.. Thats 24 hours turn around.. thats impressive!

Neteru
17-12-08, 11:21
Thing i find REALLY funny is Opera has just pushed out some patches to fix `extreme vulnerabilities` in its browser (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/16/opera_update/).

Since they were always seen as the safest browser out there (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/15/browser_password_security_tests/) i find it sad that people jump on bandwagons so much against MS, yet ignore identical news stories for other companies

Browser fanboyism. It does exist.

Note - MS will release a fix at 1pm EST via windowsupdate that fixes this issue.. Thats 24 hours turn around.. thats impressive!So what time will that be here?

jaywalker
17-12-08, 11:23
Browser fanboyism. It does exist.

So what time will that be here?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?DisplayLang=en&nr=20&freetext=security+update&sortCriteria=date <- will be top option once its available as separate download. I THINK its 1pm EST which is 6PM GMT

Neteru
17-12-08, 11:28
Thanks.

Godlikesweeper
17-12-08, 11:46
Sure,everyone makes mistakes,but IE developing team made nothing BUT mistakes since the day one.I had nothing but problems using IE for a couple of years,so after I found out about opera,I was really glad that over with...

Call me a fanboy for wanting a broser that doesn't crash every five minutes and forces me to reinstall windows every 3 weeks,I don't mind...:)

If you don't like opera you still have at least 3 choises and ALL of them are better than IE.

Angelx14
17-12-08, 11:48

NOT anymore. It's a huge crap of slowness. :rolleyes:

trXD
17-12-08, 11:49
Saw this coming from a mile away

jaywalker
17-12-08, 12:54
Sure,everyone makes mistakes,but IE developing team made nothing BUT mistakes since the day one.I had nothing but problems using IE for a couple of years,so after I found out about opera,I was really glad that over with...

Call me a fanboy for wanting a broser that doesn't crash every five minutes and forces me to reinstall windows every 3 weeks,I don't mind...:)

If you don't like opera you still have at least 3 choises and ALL of them are better than IE.

weird, i've never had IE crash on me, i've had badly written ActiveX plug ins fail and java etc, and i've not had to reinstall any OS because of it.. what do u do to your pc? ;) hehe

Foamy
17-12-08, 12:59
Same. Not once has IE failed on me. Firefox has done it a few times before though. Not to bash it- it like it just as much as the next guy- but still.

They've been talking about thisin the office today. It's always around christmas

da tomb raider!
17-12-08, 13:00
I'm well aware that IE is crap, but I just can't stop using it! :(

Lavinder
17-12-08, 13:14
NOT anymore. It's a huge crap of slowness. :rolleyes:

Are you sure it's just not your setup? It works fine for me :).

I used to use IE years back, then my dad installed Firefox, so I've used that ever since. Personally I'm so used to the layout and the way Firefox renders things that I could not go back to IE, plus I believe Firefox is a bit safer. But I can understand people who back up IE because it's the same princible as me, it's what you're used to, noone likes change :p.

Punaxe
17-12-08, 13:15

Note - MS will release a fix at 1pm EST via windowsupdate that fixes this issue.. Thats 24 hours turn around.. thats impressive!

Sure, I'm partial because I like Opera a lot, but, how do you mean jumping the bandwagon? It's still true that Opera has the only 100% fix status:

http://secunia.com/advisories/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=12366

http://secunia.com/advisories/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=19089

http://secunia.com/advisories/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=10615

Holes will always be discovered at some point, even "extreme vulnerabilities" (although Secunia doesn't agree there ever were any for Opera).

If I'd be jumping bandwagons, I'd be using Firefox :p

batotesic
17-12-08, 16:18
i use firefox

but i have Google Chrome installed too :tea::tea::tea::D:D:D

but i don't use it

i only use firefox

how to delete internet explorer??

send me private message

Godlikesweeper
17-12-08, 16:19
Maybe other browsers are getting better now,but don't forget its the opera team that makes thouse ideas others rip off while making their brosers look good.

For example,you all like tabs,right?I remember opening a new window everytime I want to open a new web page.But not any more,we have tabs.
And yes,even IE has tabs,but who is the one that thaugt of the tabs in the first place?People from Microsoft?Yeah,right...

There are a lot of things that opera has and other browsers didn't have the time to copy yet.;)

I wil start using the IE when I am the one who is signing the deals with microsoft, but that isn't the case now,Jay.:).All I know is the years of afful experiance with using IE.

lol...happy browsing,but don't come crying when your belowed broser crashes after wrighting a 1000 characters post.:wve:

Sorry,but I just can't belive someone is actually useing internet explorer...I just can't!On every posible chart IE is the last,and the worst of them all.Opera seams like a space ship for the future compare3d to IE.You need to search something in wikipeida?OK,just type in "w search_que" in the adress bar.Search something in google?Sure,just write that in address bar,google is the default search engine.you wan't to memorise the adress,or just a some text?Sure,just mark it and choose "copy to note",and it goes to the notes list,no need for a txt file where you will past it.You want an email client in your browser?No problem,you have it.You are tyred of pasting the adress and then having to press enter after that?No problem,just use "paste and go".And so on,and so on...I gues you can have all that in firefox with plug-ins,but that makes FF work slow,so I never really tryed it,but people say its a fine browser,so I have nothing against it.But IE?Really,IE?

Do you know what I find REALLY funny Jay?People using IE,for reasons only they know off.Now THATs hilarious!:D:vlol:

how to delete internet explorer??

unfortunantely,I don't think there is way to do that.:(
And really,whille I was using it,my anti virus software would just be destroyed after a couple of weaks!And then,viruses..and more viruses...and,reinstall windos!
With oepra?I practicly didn't see a pop-up since the day I started using it!And I on'ly reinstall windows every 6 months because well,it too is a piece of crap made by M$,so you HAVE to reinstall it after some time.;)

jaywalker
17-12-08, 16:49
Oh i see Firefox is now pumping out critical updates today too.. *rolls eyes*

I have opera, chrome, and firefox running on my pc.. i have to for compat purposes ensure that anything we produce works in all `mainstream` browsers..

Jack Croft
17-12-08, 16:52
I would delte Internet Explorer off my laptop but it wont let me.

Grenade
17-12-08, 17:38
I don't use my gaming PC for important stuffs. No problems.

And why in the world would they pick me? :p
Because you are speshul.

Seb_01225
17-12-08, 17:40
I've had Firefox a couple of years now! I love it.

irjudd
17-12-08, 17:51
I would delte Internet Explorer off my laptop but it wont let me.
Since there are plenty of websites (or features on websites) that only function properly with IE, I'd say its a pretty terrible idea to uninstall it.

TR cheatfinder
17-12-08, 17:56
thanks for info, thank god I have Norton SuperSecrity Internet4Life, it cost 249,99 but i have Secricity for Life on my computer

irjudd
17-12-08, 17:57
thanks for info, thank god I have Norton SuperSecrity Internet4Life, it cost 249,99 but i have Secricity for Life on my computer
You my friend got ripped off in a painful way.

laralover_07
17-12-08, 18:03
firefox is your best bet guys. Unless you're on mac, your safe.

jamieoliver22
17-12-08, 18:18
You my friend got ripped off in a painful way.

Indeed, you have just thrown a hell of a lot of money away. Sorry to water on your parade, but Norton is one of the worst security programs around - it is a massive resource hog for one, and will slow your computer down immensity.

You could get much better protection for a fraction of the price, and even for free.

IceColdLaraCroft
17-12-08, 18:23
My friend complained about McAfee and I reminded her it isn't McAFREE.

I have tread-pro micro and I love it. Its caught two viruses/trojans and isolated them, told me what to do, how bad they were, it's fantastic.

Oh and I am SO loving Opera :)

irjudd
17-12-08, 18:23
Indeed, you have just thrown a hell of a lot of money away. Sorry to water on your parade, but Norton is one of the worst security programs around - it is a massive resource hog for one, and will slow your computer down immensity.

You could get much better protection for a fraction of the price, and even for free.
Indeed. Could have utilized any of the free and stellar anti-malware programs available, and spend the 250 on a new motherboard/cpu/gpu configuration. It breaks my heart, really.

Angelx14
17-12-08, 18:25
Are you sure it's just not your setup? It works fine for me :).

I used to use IE years back, then my dad installed Firefox, so I've used that ever since. Personally I'm so used to the layout and the way Firefox renders things that I could not go back to IE, plus I believe Firefox is a bit safer. But I can understand people who back up IE because it's the same princible as me, it's what you're used to, noone likes change :p.

What setup? XD And yes, it seems to be working for everyone, except me. It did work fine the day 3.0 came out, but then after the third update something just clicked and everything went down. The pages which don't have lots of flash stuff, load quite fine, BUT, the ones do, and same games to videos, load extremely slow. I'm fed up with it. I'm with Opera now. :p

bivvy
17-12-08, 18:56
*continues to click and type on Explorer*

IceColdLaraCroft
20-12-08, 01:40
So I think my computer got this thing...I've been using Opera/Google Chrome...but I logged into facebook tonight and all of assudden I got a ton of popups.

I'm running my security check now.

What do i Do ? :(

**LARA LOVER**
20-12-08, 01:50
Thanks better swich to firefox!

IceColdLaraCroft
20-12-08, 01:52
Firefox SUCKS i can't DO anything on it

kthnxbai
20-12-08, 02:01
AFAIK, there's already been a patch released to fix it...

And anyone who isn't too good with compies (which I assume is the majority of people using IE, though there are exceptions) most likely has automatic updates, so you're good

Logie 12 =]
20-12-08, 02:07
ooooh i told my dad to start using firefox. but did he listen, did he hell :D

EmeraldFields
20-12-08, 02:11
I enjoy IE.

kooky
20-12-08, 02:27
lol, I knew this day would come where people were encouraged to switch to firefox or opera. Firefox is much safer & secure than IE, many think firefox is exactly the same as IE, but it is slower & more prone to viruses, spyware, adware & hackers.

Endow
20-12-08, 02:30
I enjoy IE.

Heresy!

EmeraldFields
20-12-08, 02:32
Heresy!

It wouldn't be the first time I've been burned at the stake.:p

IceColdLaraCroft
20-12-08, 02:36
so where do i get the patch?

KC Mraz
20-12-08, 03:09
I enjoy IE.

A part of me agrees (if it isn't sarcasm, of course :P). With IE7Pro (http://www.ie7pro.com/) I have covered pretty much all the extra features I need :].

I didn't say anything :pi: :p

so where do i get the patch?

Windows Update (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/). If you have automatic updates activated, it is probably already installed.

IceColdLaraCroft
20-12-08, 03:17
I have the updates on...it's telling me I'm up to date.

I tried downloading the Microsoft removal tool but nothing comes up.

And i'm still getting these annoying popupads.

AND i can't even use IE

Gladous
20-12-08, 03:36
:(

I am using Internet Explorer this very second. :(

My brother won't let me use Firefox because that is what he uses. :o

He is going to be sorry! :mis:

IceColdLaraCroft
20-12-08, 03:38
MS Anitvirus 2009 is telling me that I have 37 viruses/trojans/worms on my computer and their solution is for me to PURCHASE their virus protection, but how ****ing safe is it to enter my credit card information into this thing!?

IT ISNT

irjudd
20-12-08, 03:57
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button)is about the only thing I've found gets rid of Antivirus 2009.

IceColdLaraCroft
20-12-08, 05:09
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button)is about the only thing I've found gets rid of Antivirus 2009.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If you ever need anything please let me return the favour! :hug:

EmeraldFields
20-12-08, 05:15
MS Anitvirus 2009 is telling me that I have 37 viruses/trojans/worms on my computer and their solution is for me to PURCHASE their virus protection, but how ****ing safe is it to enter my credit card information into this thing!?

IT ISNT

The same thing happened to me and malwarebytes works like a charm.

~Scorpio~
20-12-08, 05:18
wow thats funny my family watchs the news ALOT!
An I never heard this lol:ton:

IceColdLaraCroft
20-12-08, 05:26
The same thing happened to me and malwarebytes works like a charm.

I was SO worried I was going to have to take my laptop to get fixed or pay for an expensive virus protection (even though my virus protection software DID eventually detect the virus)

Jinkss
20-12-08, 05:28
:(

I am using Internet Explorer this very second. :(

My brother won't let me use Firefox because that is what he uses. :o

He is going to be sorry! :mis:

Why won't he let you use Firefox?

irjudd
20-12-08, 16:17
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If you ever need anything please let me return the favour! :hug:
Glad to help.

You guys, the hole has been patched for days now. It was patched at 1pm Wednesday. If you haven't downloaded it, do it. Otherwise, chill out :p

Punaxe
20-12-08, 16:29
I was SO worried I was going to have to take my laptop to get fixed or pay for an expensive virus protection (even though my virus protection software DID eventually detect the virus)

My parents had the same problem, at the time I don't think there was software to remove it (or none that I knew of), and I had to remove it all manually. It's a pain, but it's possible. Good to know that Malwarebytes' products works though.

irjudd
20-12-08, 16:32
My parents had the same problem, at the time I don't think there was software to remove it (or none that I knew of), and I had to remove it all manually. It's a pain, but it's possible. Good to know that Malwarebytes' products works though.
Its a really more annoying than nasty. I mean, it runs on your machine without authorization which is bad, but its mostly trying to phish you into giving out some credit card information. As far as I've seen it won't do any damage to any of your files.

And yes, I've been able to confirm on 2 computers at work, plus now IceColdLaraCroft's computer that Malwarebytes is irreplaceable for getting rid of this trash :tmb:

Punaxe
20-12-08, 16:35
Its a really more annoying than nasty. I mean, it runs on your machine without authorization which is bad, but its mostly trying to phish you into giving out some credit card information. (...)

... which worked on my father :hea: Cost him 100 euros, but I think he acted quickly enough after that to get it back. But then it still cost him a bit to get a new credit card.

irjudd
20-12-08, 16:38
... which worked on my father :hea: Cost him 100 euros, but I think he acted quickly enough after that to get it back. But then it still cost him a bit to get a new credit card.
Yeah... I was actually surprised at how many people such things actually work on. Although, I guess I shouldn't be. We're talking an entire generation of people that all this newfangled computer business is foreign to :D

Punaxe
20-12-08, 16:57
Yeah... I was actually surprised at how many people such things actually work on. Although, I guess I shouldn't be. We're talking an entire generation of people that all this newfangled computer business is foreign to :D

Yeah, gotta give it to them, it's a very good malware product, from that point of view. Also looks very professional, which was one of the reasons my father trusted it. Ah well, lesson learned I hope :)

just croft
20-12-08, 19:36
One day I decided to try out every possible browser I could find...

Firefox beats all by miles!

Gladous
20-12-08, 23:20
Why won't he let you use Firefox?

He is selfish ;)

kthnxbai
21-12-08, 00:59
He is selfish ;)

Sounds to me like he doesn't want you to see his history or bookmarks or something hehe....

You could try a completely different browser....

Trust me, IE is ridiculously slow when compared to a load of other ones....

I personally use opera which is really cool and has lotsa extras and a speed dial page which is handy.... There's google chrome too, I'm not overly fond of it myself, but still worth a try...

Then safari, which seems to me to be even slower then IE, mind you, when I used it last on a Windows comp it was only just compatible with it so....

There's lots of others too.... whatever works for ya

IE is pretty much the most unsafe mainstream browser if you ask me....

Saphyre
21-12-08, 01:06
I think Safaris a lot faster on the mac, simply because it was initially made to run natively on Mac OSX.

kthnxbai
21-12-08, 01:13
^ yeah, that's what I was getting at......

I last used Safari for windows when it was new to windows and it's just downright disgraceful......

spikejones
21-12-08, 01:24
Sure, I'm partial because I like Opera a lot, but, how do you mean jumping the bandwagon? It's still true that Opera has the only 100% fix status:

http://secunia.com/advisories/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=12366

http://secunia.com/advisories/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=19089

http://secunia.com/advisories/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=10615

Holes will always be discovered at some point, even "extreme vulnerabilities" (although Secunia doesn't agree there ever were any for Opera).

If I'd be jumping bandwagons, I'd be using Firefox :p
granted that they did patch their errors, the amount of errors were far greater than those of the fiery fox.
^ yeah, that's what I was getting at......

I last used Safari for windows when it was new to windows and it's just downright disgraceful......
ive used it not too long ago and it loads pages fast as hell, but lacks in support for some forums I visit.

irjudd
21-12-08, 02:46
Sounds to me like he doesn't want you to see his history or bookmarks or something hehe....

I personally use opera which is really cool and has lotsa extras and a speed dial page which is handy.... There's google chrome too, I'm not overly fond of it myself, but still worth a try...

Then safari, which seems to me to be even slower then IE, mind you, when I used it last on a Windows comp it was only just compatible with it so....

IE8 Beta 2 actually puts Firefox 3 to shame in speed.

And Safari is an absolute joke even on the Mac.

IceColdLaraCroft
21-12-08, 15:01
Safari is SO laughable. I only had it b/c it was an ipod update. Firefox annoys the hell out of me because you have to download everything and most of the time the plugins do NOT plug in. Explorer is slow and riddled with virus holes.

Opera i'm loving. It's fast, easy, safe and pretty :)

Chrome is good but lacks sufficient menu controls.

Gladous
21-12-08, 15:05

Yep, you're right. :vlol:

He has a picture of a dog humping another dog. :vlol:

Anywho, I tried Opera and it works pretty well. I still have to get use to it but it's pretty good. :tmb:

Neteru
21-12-08, 15:11
Safari is SO laughable. I only had it b/c it was an ipod update. Firefox annoys the hell out of me because you have to download everything and most of the time the plugins do NOT plug in. Explorer is slow and riddled with virus holes.

Chrome is good but lacks sufficient menu controls.So you haven't tried SeaMonkey then?

IceColdLaraCroft
21-12-08, 15:17
No what is "seamonkey" and how is it different?

spikejones
21-12-08, 15:21

yeah... I tried opera, 1 time and one time only. after that I immediately uninstalled it. it was just too bland for me. As for chrome, I refuse to install any software that is produced by google.

Neteru
21-12-08, 15:22
No what is "seamonkey" and how is it different?It's a Mozilla suite (browser, email client, chat client) that already has what you need, so you don't need to download and install loads of separate plugins.

Punaxe
21-12-08, 16:21
It's a Mozilla suite (browser, email client, chat client) that already has what you need, so you don't need to download and install loads of separate plugins.

Nor does he need to now that he's got Opera :p

granted that they did patch their errors, the amount of errors were far greater than those of the fiery fox.
(...)
Not "far" greater, but sure. However I'd rather have software that has no holes at all, even if it had more than others in the past.

yeah... I tried opera, 1 time and one time only. after that I immediately uninstalled it. it was just too bland for me. As for chrome, I refuse to install any software that is produced by google.

Too bland? How do you mean?

spikejones
21-12-08, 16:49
it was just too plain. granted I don't like a whole lot of different add ons and such, but this was just too plain. just not very attractive looking. as for opera not having any holes, who is to say that is true? just that no one has recently found anything does not mean that a weakness is not there. I mean, look how long it took for them to discover this "new" security hole in IE7. Like I stated before, nothing is totally 100% bullet proof. If someone really wants to get into something, they will find a way.

irjudd
21-12-08, 17:33
So you haven't tried SeaMonkey then?
Seamonkey is a very nice suite to be sure :tmb:

Personally, until another browser can offer me all of the plugins I can't live without, I'm pretty locked into Firefox. If IE8 had all the plugins I need, I'd make that my default.

Punaxe
21-12-08, 17:36
it was just too plain. granted I don't like a whole lot of different add ons and such, but this was just too plain. just not very attractive looking. as for opera not having any holes, who is to say that is true? just that no one has recently found anything does not mean that a weakness is not there. I mean, look how long it took for them to discover this "new" security hole in IE7. Like I stated before, nothing is totally 100% bullet proof. If someone really wants to get into something, they will find a way.
Personally, I love plain (http://files.noctifer.net/p/screenshot.jpg) :p But you know, Opera has great flexibility when it comes to customization and a vast number of skins available, so in all honesty I still don't really understand what you mean by plain.

And of course I realize there may still be holes, just none we know of yet. In Fx we know for sure that there are holes and that people do know about them, and that obviously poses a greater risk.

spikejones
21-12-08, 17:42
i guess that there are different strokes for different folks, but your screenshot is quite plainly very unattractive to me. Im not a fan of opera and I'll just leave it at that. I dont feel compelled to justify my opinion. I normally us FF on my own machine and love some of the add ons for it (such as firebug, show IP, and download status bar). But right now Ive been using IE on my parents' computers and that is fine too. BTW... where are the menus on Opera? I see none in your image, and cant remember at this point if it had any when I used it that one time.

KC Mraz
21-12-08, 20:49

Opera i'm loving. It's fast, easy, safe and pretty :)sofia

IMO all the Apple software for Windows works like crap; Safari, iTunes and Quicktime.

I was a Firefox user before and I don't know why but I just didn't liked very much the look and feel of Firefox 3. I haven't even tried Chrome, looks quite unappealing TBH. Opera is well, good, runs smoothly and renders the pages nicely.

One thing I like about IE is that it handles RSS feeds much better than Firefox. And I haven't been 'victim' of the security holes whatsoever - is not like I enter every site on the internet lol also I don't see that much difference in speed between IE7 and Opera :o.

Conclusion: Browser suck :vlol: :p j/k

Drone
21-12-08, 20:50
I'm using Opera and IE8 and never had problems with any of them :wve:

Punaxe
21-12-08, 21:26
(...) BTW... where are the menus on Opera? I see none in your image, and cant remember at this point if it had any when I used it that one time.

They're there by default (http://www.pplware.com/wp-content/images2008/imagem_opera50_02.jpg). In my case, at the top right there's one "Menu" button, which contains all menus. I just removed everything I hardly ever use, which includes the menus. The fact that I can do that, is one of the things I like about Opera.

spikejones
21-12-08, 21:49
They're there by default (http://www.pplware.com/wp-content/images2008/imagem_opera50_02.jpg). In my case, at the top right there's one "Menu" button, which contains all menus. I just removed everything I hardly ever use, which includes the menus. The fact that I can do that, is one of the things I like about Opera.

ahh i see. You know you can do that with IE as well dont you?
view -> toolbars -> unselect "menu bar" and If I am not mistaken you can do the same with firefox.. but then again I'm using a machine that Im not allowed to install stuff on. As for me though, I like menus too much. I need to be able to use them constantly.

Punaxe
21-12-08, 22:01
ahh i see. You know you can do that with IE as well dont you?
view -> toolbars -> unselect "menu bar" and If I am not mistaken you can do the same with firefox.. but then again I'm using a machine that Im not allowed to install stuff on. As for me though, I like menus too much. I need to be able to use them constantly.

Hmm yeah I knew about IE, my Explorer looks similar to my Opera :p, didn't and don't know if it's possible Fx, but the thing about Opera is that everything I would need in the menus or other buttons (back, refresh, forward etc.), I can get elsewhere (using the panels, mouse gestures, other shortcuts etc.) which isn't the case in (at least) IE. So in other programs it may be possible, but it'd be more useful to keep them.

spikejones
21-12-08, 22:13
i dont need the NAV stuff from the menus, more along the lines of stuff in the EDIT, VIEW, FAVORITES/BOOKMARKS, and TOOLS menus. BTW, what is all this "mouse gestures" stuff that everyone is talking about?

Punaxe
22-12-08, 00:20
i dont need the NAV stuff from the menus, more along the lines of stuff in the EDIT, VIEW, FAVORITES/BOOKMARKS, and TOOLS menus. BTW, what is all this "mouse gestures" stuff that everyone is talking about?

It's awesome, I think there's a plugin for Fx for it as well. All the general navigation (plus whatever else you want) is bound to mouse gestures, meaning that if you do a certain combination of movements/clicks with your mouse, it is accepted as a command.
e.g.: right-click-and-hold + left-click = back
right-click-and-hold + move-mouse-down = new tab
right-click-and-hold + move-mouse-down & move-mouse-right = close tab
etc. :p
May sound complicated, but once you're used to it you'll never want to go back. Makes browsing so much faster.

Candee Sparks
22-12-08, 00:24
Tell that to schools in the states. Most of them use IE for some stupid reason and refuse to change, it's so slow compared to Firefox it's not even funny.

Saphyre
22-12-08, 00:28
Tell that to schools in the states. Most of them use IE for some stupid reason and refuse to change, it's so slow compared to Firefox it's not even funny.

My school here in the UK is loyal to IE too. They have a bad virus on the school comps which effects memory sticks, which is bad since I use them to transport work from home to school. They'd better start giving me my money back because I've got 2 glitched up memory sticks now ROFL

Punaxe
22-12-08, 00:29
My school here in the UK is loyal to IE too. They have a bad virus on the school comps which effects memory sticks, which is bad since I use them to transport work from home to school. They'd better start giving me my money back because I've got 2 glitched up memory sticks now ROFL

What the hell, where is the sysadmin? At my uni, virus control is as tight as anything. Nobody's getting onto the network without every last single possible update.

spikejones
22-12-08, 00:38
It's awesome, I think there's a plugin for Fx for it as well. All the general navigation (plus whatever else you want) is bound to mouse gestures, meaning that if you do a certain combination of movements/clicks with your mouse, it is accepted as a command.
e.g.: right-click-and-hold + left-click = back
right-click-and-hold + move-mouse-down = new tab
right-click-and-hold + move-mouse-down & move-mouse-right = close tab
etc. :p
May sound complicated, but once you're used to it you'll never want to go back. Makes browsing so much faster.

that actually sounds retarded to me. I play with the mouse in those movements, so the stupid thing would end up doing stuff I dont want it to.

Punaxe
22-12-08, 00:56
that actually sounds retarded to me. I play with the mouse in those movements, so the stupid thing would end up doing stuff I dont want it to.

Nah, it's only when you have the right mouse button pressed, at least in the default setup. Really, give it a try :p

irjudd
22-12-08, 01:15
If you ever played Black & White and used mouse gestures for the miracles, it feels quite natural in a browser :D

Saphyre
22-12-08, 01:38
What the hell, where is the sysadmin? At my uni, virus control is as tight as anything. Nobody's getting onto the network without every last single possible update.

What can I say, our schools a bit... *tries to think of appropriate term*

spikejones
22-12-08, 02:20
If you ever played Black & White and used mouse gestures for the miracles, it feels quite natural in a browser :D

not played that before. and to be honest, I play my games with a controller if they support it. ive actually never heard of Black and White before either. I know I sound like I'm dissin Opera, and perhaps I am. I know what I like to use though. I never liked to swap to XP until after service pack 2 was released. I was of the opinion that it was too "user friendly" compared to the previous versions. I liked a challenge. It was also too flashy for me at the time. And of course I can say the same thing about Vista now too. I may eventually come around to using on my own machine. Ive been using it on my moms lappy for a while. It took me a while to swap from IE to Mozilla Firefox as well. I figured that anything made by M$ just had to be better than a third party app, but I was wrong. I just know that I tried opera one time and I just didnt like it. It was just not to my tastes.

irjudd
22-12-08, 03:10
not played that before. and to be honest, I play my games with a controller if they support it. ive actually never heard of Black and White before either. I know I sound like I'm dissin Opera, and perhaps I am. I know what I like to use though. I never liked to swap to XP until after service pack 2 was released. I was of the opinion that it was too "user friendly" compared to the previous versions. I liked a challenge. It was also too flashy for me at the time. And of course I can say the same thing about Vista now too. I may eventually come around to using on my own machine. Ive been using it on my moms lappy for a while. It took me a while to swap from IE to Mozilla Firefox as well. I figured that anything made by M$ just had to be better than a third party app, but I was wrong. I just know that I tried opera one time and I just didnt like it. It was just not to my tastes.
Yeah I feel ya.
Black & White is actually a quasi god-game/RTS game, so the mouse is really the only logical option for it. Other games demand a gamepad, I agree. :tmb:

I was very hesitant to accept XP into my life too. Even a year after its release, it was 98SE or nothing for me. When I finally did accept XP, it took me even longer to stop using the "classic" old style theme on it and warm up to the bubbly buttons and overall flash to it.

I totally understand where you're coming from.

Punaxe
22-12-08, 14:39
(...) When I finally did accept XP, it took me even longer to stop using the "classic" old style theme on it and warm up to the bubbly buttons and overall flash to it.

I totally understand where you're coming from.

Tell me about it, I've been using XP for years but I refuse to use anything but the W2K skin :hea: That's my main beef with Vista at the moment, it all looks so glossy... Even when you disable Aero. I hear it has a W2K skin option as well, but I fear loads of Vista-thingies will still be there... *shivers*

And spikejones, I know what you mean too - my entire computer is anything but "user friendly" :D Nobody knows what to do when they get on it :p

irjudd
22-12-08, 15:51
Tell me about it, I've been using XP for years but I refuse to use anything but the W2K skin :hea: That's my main beef with Vista at the moment, it all looks so glossy... Even when you disable Aero. I hear it has a W2K skin option as well, but I fear loads of Vista-thingies will still be there... *shivers*

And spikejones, I know what you mean too - my entire computer is anything but "user friendly" :D Nobody knows what to do when they get on it :p
Tell ya what, next time I'm using a Vista machine at the office, I'll see how its Windows 2000 skin feels and give you a report if nobody else gets to it first. Just for you pal :p

Punaxe
22-12-08, 16:16
Tell ya what, next time I'm using a Vista machine at the office, I'll see how its Windows 2000 skin feels and give you a report if nobody else gets to it first. Just for you pal :p

Christmas spirit all around I see :D Thanks mate :p I really am curious about it.

irjudd
22-12-08, 17:03
Christmas spirit all around I see :D Thanks mate :p I really am curious about it.
Truth be told you mentioning it made me undeniably curious too.

spikejones
22-12-08, 18:21

Ive set the Vista theme back to classic view before. and the search bar has long since been replaced with the classic "run" option. The control panel has also been set back to classic view. It gives the user a modicum of comfort when it comes to using a new OS where everythig has been changed around. Apparrently according to my OS concepts teacher, Vista will be the last version of Windows to offer the swap back to classic view. One of my biggest gripes though is that when using the "modern" view - the option to change the color of the task bar is removed. Using the classic view offers a virtually unlimited (as many colors as are in the pallete) ability to change the color of the task bar. Now if only we could do that with the "modern" view task bar. I may be satisfied then. I still hate on XP that the start button stays green whether you are using the blue bar or the silver one. There are some other themes you have to hunt down like the zune xp theme and the Royale Noir theme which look better, but Windows never integrated them into the theme selection via an update. I think that was a bad move. I liked those over the others.

Punaxe
22-12-08, 18:29
Ive set the Vista theme back to classic view before. and the search bar has long since been replaced with the classic "run" option. The control panel has also been set back to classic view. It gives the user a modicum of comfort when it comes to using a new OS where everythig has been changed around. Apparrently according to my OS concepts teacher, Vista will be the last version of Windows to offer the swap back to classic view. One of my biggest gripes though is that when using the "modern" view - the option to change the color of the task bar is removed. Using the classic view offers a virtually unlimited (as many colors as are in the pallete) ability to change the color of the task bar. Now if only we could do that with the "modern" view task bar. I may be satisfied then. I still hate on XP that the start button stays green whether you are using the blue bar or the silver one. There are some other themes you have to hunt down like the zune xp theme and the Royale Noir theme which look better, but Windows never integrated them into the theme selection via an update. I think that was a bad move. I liked those over the others.

I know about the lack of colour customization in anything-but-classic... It's horribly annoying. If I could change that, perhaps I wouldn't be using the classic skin there... I don't see why it would be so hard - aren't the new skins vector-based?