View Full Version : Eddie Murthpy to star in Batman 3

Jack Croft
18-12-08, 13:25
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2048300.ece

Seriously this bad,

Eddie as the Riddler
Shia Lebouf as Robin
Rachel Weisz as Catwoman

The last two are not bad but Eddie Murphy save me now.

Dont Ruin Batman. Dark Knight was amazing seriosusly it was nearest to perfection you could get. ;)

rowanlim
18-12-08, 13:28
I thought Eddie Murphy's performance in Dreamgirls was okay :)

Neteru
18-12-08, 13:28
Eddie Murphy is a very underrated actor.

Paddy
18-12-08, 13:29

Concur. As funny as the guy is his acting doesnt get a lot of talk.

Night Crawler
18-12-08, 13:30
I'm more ****ed off at Shia Labeouf being in it!

Agent 47
18-12-08, 13:31
thesun?

erm ok, who says Riddler has to be a white guy?
who says Eddie Murphy is not allowed to try something new?

i hate how easily actors are stereotyped :(

people say William Shatner is nothing more than Jim Kirk, funny how Denny Crane got him Golden Globes and Emmy victories.

point is, judging an actor by their previous work is unfair :D

Shark_Blade
18-12-08, 13:32
Shia Lebouf as Robin?? :yik: What the hell.. It's not enough he's a sidekick in Indy now Batman??
Eddie Murphy = meh. We'll see what he has to offer.

Mr.Burns
18-12-08, 13:34
You're trusting the Sun as a legit resource???

The rumor is false (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51395).

Jin Uzuki
18-12-08, 13:44
There has been A LOT of rumor running about about Batman 3. I wouldn't believe anything at this point, especially since it really hasn't been long since TDK was released. I'm okay with the three speculated actors though. I'd like to have them in the next film.

Lee croft
18-12-08, 13:44
thank god none of that is true!! i think jim carry should resume his role as the ridler and halle berry should be catwoman (it would make sense seeing as she did a film called catwoman ) or jessica alba should be catwoman and milo (the guy who plays peter in heroes) should be robin

disneyprincess20
18-12-08, 13:49
thank god none of that is true!! i think jim carry should resume his role as the ridler and halle berry should be catwoman (it would make sense seeing as she did a film called catwoman ) or jessica alba should be catwoman and milo (the guy who plays peter in heroes) should be robin

Yeah but did you see Halle Berry as catwoman? Pigs have less ham than she had in that role.

I knew this was false: I'm pretty sure I heard a story that Christopher Nolan said he would never use Robin in any of his films. I'm so glad this has been dis-proven!

Lee croft
18-12-08, 13:51
i thought halle berry made a great catwoman .. am i alone in this??

Ada the Mental
18-12-08, 13:55
Yes. ^
And Jessica Alba would probably be just as bad.

I really wouldn't mind Rachel Weiz, though.

disneyprincess20
18-12-08, 13:56
i thought halle berry made a great catwoman .. am i alone in this??

Not alone, just in the minority. There are plenty of people who liked the film and Halle in it, but quite a few who didn't. Unfortunately I'm one of them! I thought she practically chewed the set. Plus, they were fighting over face cream. Not the safety of the world or some mystical power, but face cream. It jst wasn't believeable to me, but I'm glad you liked it! :)

IceColdLaraCroft
18-12-08, 13:56
Shai as Robin?

Box office BOMB

viper456
18-12-08, 14:04
Im sorry but this is bull. The role of the Riddler is between Daniel Day Lewis and Johnny Depp

IceColdLaraCroft
18-12-08, 14:04
well it is from "the sun"

irjudd
18-12-08, 14:07
I could definitely see Johnny Depp as The Riddler. That would be so cool. I really really hope they never consider Shia Lebouf for a role in this film. Its bad enough they tarnished the Indiana Jones name with his mug. Rachel Weisz may be pretty hot, but her acting skills are questionable. Glad to see the latter two noobs are probably false theories. :p

peeves
18-12-08, 14:09

Actually your title is wrong it's batman 7 not batman 3. This is the 7th in the series #3 was way back in the 90's.
Eddie murphy shan't be in #7 as he would suck. I don't care for Eddie murphy that much but my brother does. No I was referring to the first post of this thread that the title is wrong.

oocladableeblah
18-12-08, 14:10
They better not add Robin into the series. I don't care for him and it makes Batman seem idk weaker, but I guess someone has to take over. Still I don't care for robin.

Lee croft
18-12-08, 14:10
I could definitely see Johnny Depp as The Riddler. That would be so cool. I really really hope they never consider Shia Lebouf for a role in this film. Its bad enough they tarnished the Indiana Jones name with his mug. Rachel Weisz may be pretty hot, but her acting skills are questionable. Glad to see the latter two noobs are probably false theories. :p

shia lebouf isnt he a bit ugly for the role of robin the prevous actor played robin so well

disneyprincess20
18-12-08, 14:15
Actually your title is wrong it's batman 7 not batman 3. This is the 7th in the series #3 was way back in the 90's.
Eddie murphy shan't be in #7 as he would suck. I don't care for Eddie murphy that much but my brother does. No I was referring to the first post of this thread that the title is wrong.

The title is referring to what is widely regarded as the "new" batman films. From Batman Begins the Batman films were re-vamped, and the continuity from the previous films was broken. It's widely considered that Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and what is being loosely called "Batman 3" is part of this revamp. Even though it's *technically* the 7th film, it's still correct to call this one Batman 3. It's how it's being referred to in the media until an official title is released. :)

Oh and just to agree with everyone here, Shia La Beef = FAIL.

(Spelling mistake intentional!)

Lee croft
18-12-08, 14:19

thats one thing we agree on hahaha i still think jessica alba would make a brillient catwoman

IceColdLaraCroft
18-12-08, 14:20
I really really hope they never consider Shia Lebouf for a role in this film. Its bad enough they tarnished the Indiana Jones name with his mug. Rachel Weisz may be pretty hot, but her acting skills are questionable.

Shai's acting skills are questionable. Whenever Hollywood needs a "young star" they get Shai to be in the role, as if there aren't 3,000 other actors in Hollywood trying to make a living. He isn't grown up enough to be Robin, he wouldn't be convincing as a Hero.

They better not add Robin into the series. I don't care for him and it makes Batman seem idk weaker, but I guess someone has to take over. Still I don't care for robin.

Christian Bale's Batman still has issues to work through before he can THINK about getting a protoge. Although if that Protoge were Batgirl (more like Cassandra than Barbara) it could work.

There's been a SEVERE lack of estrogen in this new "batman" series. Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhall? come on, were they going to "C-list" actresses?

peeves
18-12-08, 14:21
The title is referring to what is widely regarded as the "new" batman films. From Batman Begins the Batman films were re-vamped, and the continuity from the previous films was broken. It's widely considered that Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and what is being loosely called "Batman 3" is part of this revamp. Even though it's *technically* the 7th film, it's still correct to call this one Batman 3. It's how it's being referred to in the media until an official title is released. :)

(Spelling mistake intentional!)

It's still #7 in the series and it's the 7th film it don't matter of the continuity it's just like called TRU TR2 when it's TR8 so it's #7 in the series the continuities don't matter.

disneyprincess20
18-12-08, 14:29
It's still #7 in the series and it's the 7th film it don't matter of the continuity it's just like called TRU TR2 when it's TR8 so it's #7 in the series the continuities don't matter.

True, but I'd say it's the 7th film but not the 7th in the series. It's being called Batman 3 by focres outside of this thread and I'm just going with the popualr opinion here. :)

Nenya awakens
18-12-08, 14:29
Nobody could replace michelle phiffer as catwoman! she was superb!!

http://i41.************/3338t9f.jpg

Lee croft
18-12-08, 14:34
she was good i love michelle phiffer but maybe someone younger should play catwoman

Nenya awakens
18-12-08, 14:36
naw, why does it have to be a young cast? i think shes still got it.

Lee croft
18-12-08, 14:45
naw, why does it have to be a young cast? i think shes still got it.

:vlol::vlol: the only thing she has is good acting skills and old age poor thing i still love her (not in that way i think she's a good actress)

IceColdLaraCroft
18-12-08, 14:52

I agree. I think Batman Returns was the best out of all the Batman films.

tranniversary119
18-12-08, 14:53
Knew it wasn't true ;)

Jack Croft
18-12-08, 14:55
Knew it wasn't true ;)

Thank god!

Would have been flop!

Jedd Fletcher
18-12-08, 14:55
As the resident Bat-fan, let me put my foot down. There is a lot of rubbish flying about in terms of casting of Batman 3. As far as I'm concerned, nothing has been confirmed since Heath Ledger's death as he was obviously to appear in the third film. Christopher Nolan has also conclusively stated that as long as he's the director, there won't be a Robin. The Sun is not the most reliable news source on the planet. I've heard that everyone from Megan Fox to Cher (!?) was to play Catwoman. Personally, I would love if the Riddler were dark, mysterious and very very serious, stark contrast to Jim Carrey. Sort of an introverted narcissist who enjoys the irony of being just that. Serious character actors with some mainstream experience such as Edward Norton or Giovanni Ribisi would be terrific. I'd be very happy were Johnny Depp to be cast as the Riddler. As for Catwoman, I'd like a little-known actress to be cast so as not to have fame overshadow the role. I can very much see Leslie Bibbs (Christine Everhart in Iron Man) as Catwoman. Of course, Michelle Pfeiffer is still tops in everybody's books, though I'd love to see a sultry dark-haired beauty as Selia Kyle. Olga Kurylenko, anyone?

Mr.Burns
18-12-08, 15:15

Six films about the Batman character have been made. This however is not the seventh in the series since "Batman Begins" was considered a restart of the series. It was done so to distance the franchise from the 80's versions that were destroyed by Joel Shumacher. So while technically it is the seventh film we are discussing, in terms of the current incarnation of the film franchise, this is number three.

:cln:

Titanium
18-12-08, 15:16
I was going to say, The Sun is probably one of the most unrealiable newspapers ever. :whi:

touchthesky
18-12-08, 15:17
Hmm, Shia I could handle, but I don't think I'd like Eddie in this role...I don't mind him but I'd love someone like David Tennant (hey, it was rumored) to take it on instead.

EDIT; I actually have todays sun..it's page three news. They always put the most interesting news on page 3...urgh.

x2crazyidiot
18-12-08, 15:17
awwh Rachel Weisz would've rocked!! I love her so much as an actress :cln:
I could imagine her doing Michelle Pfeiffer proud! :tmb:

Lee croft
18-12-08, 17:36
rachel sneeze? hmmmm maybe if she went blonde

Jo269976
18-12-08, 17:59
As soon as I heard this "confirmed" info, I knew it was false instantly. Eddie Murphy is a great actor who sadly subjects himself to kiddie family movies, has anyone here seen "An interview with a vampire?" :)

The one person I want to see in the next movie is Harley Quinn, even though it would be hard to pull her off without The Joker, should they not include him in the next (recast or deleted scene(s)) she can be perfect for giving us some more psychopathic clown antics :)

MattTR
18-12-08, 18:04
Glad it's a rumor, although I didn't mind Shia as Robin. :p

TRhalloween
18-12-08, 18:11
When I read I was the Sun I knew it would be fake. Stupid newspaper.
Rachel Weisz is good but she isn't that big of an actress.

Legends
18-12-08, 18:25
I would like someone else to play the Riddler, but he's alright.

IceColdLaraCroft
18-12-08, 19:25
I would like someone else to play the Riddler, but he's alright.

People forget that the Riddler ISNT FUNNY. He isn't a comedian and unlike the 1960's version he doesn't go around laughing (like the Joker).

So I'd really like someone serious for the ....OMG:yik:that is a HOT avatar :cen:me

Encore
18-12-08, 19:34
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2048300.ece

Seriously this bad,

Eddie as the Riddler
Shia Lebouf as Robin
Rachel Weisz as Catwoman

The last two are not bad but Eddie Murphy save me now.

Dont Ruin Batman. Dark Knight was amazing seriosusly it was nearest to perfection you could get. ;)

You seriously believed that? :vlol:

PS: FYI Nolan specifically said they will not include Robin in these movies.

scion05
18-12-08, 19:42
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yZm8CtV0Dgc < What she said :)

Aphrodite22
18-12-08, 19:58
WHAT?!

theres gonna be a robin!? oo no i only want Batman..

i really dont care about the actors aslong as Christian Bale is Batman

You seriously believed that? :vlol:

PS: FYI Nolan specifically said they will not include Robin in these movies.

Thank god!

Legend of Lara
18-12-08, 19:58
Eddie Murphy? Really?

A rumor? Yay! :D

x2crazyidiot
18-12-08, 20:01
The one person I want to see in the next movie is Harley Quinn, even though it would be hard to pull her off without The Joker, should they not include him in the next (recast or deleted scene(s)) she can be perfect for giving us some more psychopathic clown antics :)

there are no deleted scenes from the Dark Knight featuring Heath. All of the scenes he filmed were kept in the movie un-edited, as a memory of him out of respect :)

but yes Harley Quinn should definately be in the next film!! She could've been a huge fan of The Joker's, but upon his incarceration, she went mad with denial and seeks revenge on the Dark Knight :D

touchthesky
18-12-08, 20:11
A Dark Knight-esque Harley would be hot hot hot.

Who could pull her off, though?

Encore
18-12-08, 20:13
there are no deleted scenes from the Dark Knight featuring Heath. All of the scenes he filmed were kept in the movie un-edited, as a memory of him out of respect :)

but yes Harley Quinn should definately be in the next film!! She could've been a huge fan of The Joker's, but upon his incarceration, she went mad with denial and seeks revenge on the Dark Knight :D

I don't think they are inclined to use a villain that is practically "Joker part 2", and personally I think it would look like a cheap trick to take advantage of how popular the Joker was in TDK. But I really believe they'll take the next movie into a completely diferent direction.

paulwork
18-12-08, 20:29
If they had Jim Carrey, I don't see why they can't have Eddie. Shia - he's geeky enough to be Robin, just difficult for me to picture him in all that spandex.

2kool4u
18-12-08, 20:35
I really dont see whats the problem with Eddie Murphey. I think he's good enough to play the riddler.

Ikas90
18-12-08, 21:37
I thought The Dark Knight was going to be the last Batman movie. :confused:

Quasimodo
18-12-08, 21:48

Fairuza Balk (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=uD7&resnum=0&q=fairuza+balk&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title), methinks.

Veronica Ma
18-12-08, 22:01
-

Angelus
18-12-08, 22:03

I'm going to get a severe beating for saying this, but I think that Sarah Michelle Gellar could pull her off.

x2crazyidiot
18-12-08, 22:43
Fairuza Balk (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=uD7&resnum=0&q=fairuza+balk&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title), methinks.

She seems fitting :tmb: she looks very..... distant, shall we say :p
she almost looks like Parker Posey

I'm going to get a severe beating for saying this, but I think that Sarah Michelle Gellar could pull her off.

I think SMG has the skills to pull it off. She could definately leap about with a rocket launcher, but would she be able to do insane?

Encore
18-12-08, 22:45
I thought The Dark Knight was going to be the last Batman movie. :confused:

Reality is, Christopher Nolan hasn't even officially anounced that he'll make the third movie, but, everyone is just presuming he'll do it because of the overwhelming success of TDK. :p

Paperdoll
18-12-08, 22:45
I think SMG has the skills to pull it off. She could definately leap about with a rocket launcher, but would she be able to do insane?

I say no. But Fairuza Balk? Just watch The Craft. That's all the proof you need :D

Candee Sparks
18-12-08, 23:09
You honestly think that information is going to surface about a movie that has no script yet, no writers and the director, Christopher Nolan stated that pre-production on the third film will not start until sometime in late 2009, is going to start dropping names of actors and actresses who are supposedly starring in it yet are busy with other roles and their personal lives?

Eddie Murphy is talented still, but he picks the wrong roles to get involved in really. Last time I checked, Johnny Depp is heavily rumored to be the Riddler and due to the fact that rumors having to do with Tim Burton's band of misfits (figure of speech, I love them all), are pretty much always true, I'm betting my money on him as the Riddler. Another heavy rumor is that Angelina Jolie will be playing the Catwoman in the new film and from what you can gather, Christopher Nolan is planning on doing a huge collaboration of Batman villians in the new movie when it's announced so if this film is going to have Two-Face as well as Catwoman, it wouldn't be shocking at all. These films aren't intended to be funny, Nolan is making them darker and darker to show that these criminals are real villians and pshycopaths and bringing on a comedian like Eddie Murphy wouldn't fit in with his vision one bit.

Every single Batman before this new trilogy has brought on comical villians because they stuck to the comic books and these films are different to show real evil and real darkness and making Batman more human. Somehow I don't think it will bring on any comedians really, even Heath Ledger made us laugh and it doesn't take a comedian to pull that off.

Encore
18-12-08, 23:12
Another heavy rumor is that Angelina Jolie will be playing the Catwoman in the new film and from what you can gather, Christopher Nolan is planning on doing a huge collaboration of Batman villians in the new movie when it's announced so if this film is going to have Two-Face as well as Catwoman, it wouldn't be shocking at all.

Nope, Two-Face won't return, as already confirmed by Aaron Eckhart.

:(:(

IceColdLaraCroft
18-12-08, 23:36
I say no. But Fairuza Balk? Just watch The Craft. That's all the proof you need :D

Fairuza can play insane but she is NOT Harley Quinn. She's too angsty and not that good of an actress.

Someone before said Kristen Bell

http://i44.************/jjbszl.jpg

I'd love if Angelina was catwoman, but I think a much much better choice would be Milla Jovovich (maybe even as Harley).

http://i40.************/10xerna.jpg

Shark_Blade
18-12-08, 23:42
So he really did died in The Dark Knight then.

MadCroy101
18-12-08, 23:48
Shia Lebouf as Robin, can anyone go lower than that?:mad:

peeves
19-12-08, 00:16
Well i just looked at a picture of Eddie Murphie being the riddler and it ain't that bad. And who will play the joker in Batman #3?

Paperdoll
19-12-08, 00:20
Fairuza can play insane but she is NOT Harley Quinn. She's too angsty and not that good of an actress.

I've only seen The Craft so I really can't elaborate on her acting skills. But I'm still ruling out SMG. In my opinion, of course.

Tomb Raider 5194
19-12-08, 00:26
I have to say, thank God there is no Robin cause Shia...

Kristen Bell might make a great Harley and so may be Fairuza but I don't remember her too well to say. Kristen is sorta crazy in Heroes too... :p

peeves
19-12-08, 00:29
I have to say, thank God there is no Robin cause Shia...

Kristen Bell might make a great Harley and so may be Fairuza but I don't remember her too well to say. Kristen is sorta crazy in Heroes too... :p

Well it's a shame that my brother saw all the batman movies except the dark knight which is a shame for him as he likes the batman franchise. :o

krycekuva
19-12-08, 02:31
angie as catwoman?... you got to be kidding,.. she cant do it, we need someone sexy and with a nice body,. angie has only lips... and dont start hating me for it... same for halle berry,.. it couldnt be worse to portray catwoman... she did 2,.. and both s´time sucked big time...

the only celine kyle that has been good as been michelle pfeiffer,.. anyone else..:(...

as for shia... as long as they dont develop the story from the beginning im fine... it should start with robin already member and not the entire drama of trying to avenge his family deaths... uhmmm(... i hoped more for a nightwing as for a robin...

irjudd
19-12-08, 03:09

I loved Kristen Bell in Assassin's Creed! :cln:

Encore
19-12-08, 11:46
It's really annoying to see this thread still open and people still discussing the rumours when it's so obviously false. Why not just go to the general Dark Knight thread, I'm sure it's back there somewhere.

Angelus
19-12-08, 14:22
It's really annoying to see this thread still open and people still discussing the rumours when it's so obviously false. Why not just go to the general Dark Knight thread, I'm sure it's back there somewhere.

That thread would probably be closed and we'd be referred to this thread because it's newer.

x2crazyidiot
19-12-08, 14:34

http://i44.************/jjbszl.jpg

woah, phenominal fanart!!!

I could actually really see Kristen as Harley! I mean, she was sadistic and quite a psycho in Heroes, plus she's hot :cln:

p.s. WOOT, 1,000th post! :D:D

Indiana Croft
19-12-08, 14:39
No robin. sidekicks kill the storyline. I don't care about the riddler, just don't get jim carry. As for Catwoman, Rachel is okay. I would've like Angelina or Keira, honestly lol. But watevers cool. Nolan can work wonders with Catwoman:D I'm excited for that

they should do a harley quinn with someone like Kristen Bell or something. But harley without Mr. J is no fun :(

Indiana Croft
19-12-08, 14:49
I just read that Angelina Jolie is in fact one of Nolan's picks for Catwoman, with Julie Newmar saying, "Angelina would own the part". There is no robin because "Batman is still young" and Eddie Murphy won't be the riddler. The only confirmed villain in the next one is Catwoman:jmp:

"Not even two full weeks after The Dark Knight arrived in theaters, we officially have our first Batman 3 rumor! (Speaking of, we have to decide what to call Nolan's next Batman movie. Dark Knight 2? Batman 3? NolanMan 3? Lets get on that ...) But anyway, the rumor actually comes from another Catwoman: Julie Newmar. Speaking to the New York Daily News, Newmar says, "Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me [she] has made inquiries about the role." She went on to add, "I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love. She's tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess. When you look at the staggering box office of this current film, which actress wouldn't want to jump in?"

So is Jolie really looking to play Catwoman in a third (and possible final) Batman film from Christopher Nolan? No doubt Bale and Jolie would look good together on screen, and the woman definitely knows how to hold her own when it comes to action"

Encore
19-12-08, 15:02
That thread would probably be closed and we'd be referred to this thread because it's newer.

This thread's got "Eddie Murphy" on the title. Frankly, I don't see how it can be related to serious discussion of the next Batman movie. :p But ok, I'm just being picky now...

*leaves*

Angelus
19-12-08, 15:06
This thread's got "Eddie Murphy" on the title. Frankly, I don't see how it can be related to serious discussion of the next Batman movie. :p But ok, I'm just being picky now...

*leaves*

Lmfao! Touché!

:D

EDIT: The thread has actually got "Eddie Murthpy" in the title. :vlol:

Flyin11
19-12-08, 15:55
I didn't look through every page so I don't know if it has been said yet but I just heard this morning on a radio talk show that the report of Eddie Murphy being in the movie is FALSE. It was just a rumor and he has sent out a statement announcing he is not in the movie. So I guess everyone can rejoyce now :D

Here's just one of many quick links: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b73997_eddie_murphy_not_riddler_in_batman_3.html?u tm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_popsugar_awful