PDA

View Full Version : Karima or Alison?

laralover_07
18-12-08, 22:54
Now we've gotten to know Alison Carrol a bit better than, "The new girl who is Lara", and decided our first impressions, and possibly our second, who do you prefer?

I think Karima stepped into the role better. She was Lara. I don't particularly like Alison, she's okay with the gymnastics and what not but... She just isn't lara for me...

Your thoughts?

Rivendell
18-12-08, 22:57
Alison, every single time.

She's got the looks, the attitude, and the moves. She can do it - she's more Lara than the smiley model Karima.

:tmb:

Lavinder
18-12-08, 22:57
Neither - Lara should not talk as much, or smile and pose in silly bikinis :p.

Angelus
18-12-08, 22:58
Neither!

Rhona FTW!

peffect
Alison, every single time.

She's got the looks, the attitude, and the moves. She can do it - she's more Lara than the smiley model Karima.

+ her beau-tifull accent. :D

SamReeves
Allison I suppose.

She's a "real kick" to see! :vlol:

Marianna12
18-12-08, 23:02
Neither, too!
Both Karima and Alison are just models!
I think Angelina would be the PERFECT Lara Croft! She's got the appearance, the attitude, the determination! She's got something wild...
I don't know, maybe I'm excessive!
:p

Carbonek_0051
18-12-08, 23:03
Neither!

Rhona FTW!

This:tmb:

Tina Croft
18-12-08, 23:14
Karima <3

da tomb raider!
18-12-08, 23:15
Alison. :wve:

dizzydoil
18-12-08, 23:19
Neither!

Rhona FTW!

But, if I was to choose - Alison FTW <3.

Punaxe
18-12-08, 23:56
Alison, although laralover_07's point about "being" Lara may well be true (Alison talks a lot in the third person), I'd say the models are mostly there to be a model after all, and in that aspect Alison wins, because of her looks and skills. Also, she's just damn hot.

jjbennett
18-12-08, 23:56
Either one would do me ;)

laralover_07
19-12-08, 00:03
Either one would do me ;)

..wut?

Do you mean "do" how I thinkies you mean "do"? :D

Or do you mean "do" as in "suit", ("either one would suit me")

Just think that's a rather.. Bold statement to throw out there. Hahah :D

jjbennett
19-12-08, 00:08
I merely opened the door to innuendo and you slipped right in...

laralover_07
19-12-08, 00:16
Touchè.

Shrantellatessa
19-12-08, 00:21
Neither, Lara FTW :tmb:

ajrich17901
19-12-08, 00:38
Alison, shes beautiful, she has the look, she has the attitude, and she has the moves. She is lara.

Fallen.Angel
19-12-08, 00:44
I personally like both, but prefer Alison.

Solice
19-12-08, 00:46
I'm a hold over from the Nell days. She is soooo Lara :cool:

luis54321
19-12-08, 01:16
Allison definitely :D

peeves
19-12-08, 01:17
Alison FTW! She looks hot and sexy.

Lee croft
19-12-08, 05:51
karima and why they get rid of her??? she was perfect!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-12-08, 06:17
Karima :D

Ikas90
19-12-08, 06:20
Katers17 :cln: :p

Well out of Karima and Alison... Karima.

Carroll for Underworld Lara.

Legends
19-12-08, 06:47
Karima.

Might as well go with Allison for Underworld, but Lara wasn't all that nice either.

Paddy
19-12-08, 06:53
Karima.
Allison isnt bad though in saying that, just doesnt seem to have that Lara tone about her.

rowanlim
19-12-08, 07:45
Alison :tmb:

She's almost close to the athletic Lara & looks pretty good ;)

TombRaiderCool
19-12-08, 08:28
I like both models but Alison is amazing! :tmb:
It's good to see someone who fits, someone who is actually able to run, jump, roll and perform the various acrobatics Lara can perform. She has been a great Lara Croft model so far!

Drone
19-12-08, 09:25
A.C.

Priscilla
19-12-08, 09:42
Karima!

Nannonxyay
19-12-08, 10:38
Lara Croft herself is better than any of these posers. :p

Angelus
19-12-08, 10:40

Tell it like it is, gurrrl. :ohn:

Paddy
19-12-08, 10:55

Hahah touche

feanor
19-12-08, 11:39
Allison, Allison,Allison...

And you'll know why when you meet her ! A truly Lovely Girl....

Congrats Allison. You're Goregeous you know !

She deserves support from the TR Community. not stupid comparisons with girls from the past. who No doubt were nice too.

george_croft
19-12-08, 12:01
When it comes to looks, i'll have to go with Karima. She's just got the perfect facial features, and even with that cute personality of hers, attitude just shines through her face. And her body is just amazing as well, but still very natural looking. She was a true crowd-pleaser, as well.

I preferred Alison at first, because I absolutely loved the fact that she would be able to do what Lara does in-game. But come on, she hasn't done much more than any other model has. I mean, that stupid choreography with her running around a room of journalist, rolling on the floor for 5 minutes, isn't that impressive at all. I'm sure she's got the skills, but whoever was in charge of choreography should be shot. Eidos finally hired a real gymnast, and they just treated her like any other model.

So yeah, my personal pick would be Karima. :)

jjbennett
19-12-08, 12:36
Is there a contest?
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/lanavelez/karima-adebibe-bikini-3.jpg
I personally think not :)

Archetype
19-12-08, 12:53
karima!

Jedd Fletcher
19-12-08, 14:35
Allison Carrol for me. While Karima was a great model, she didn't look like Lara and only captured the glamourous aspect of Lady Croft. Allison on the other hand is a trained gymnast who can really bust some of the moves Lara does. She's also more voluptuous and has a sexier English accent.

mizuno_suisei
19-12-08, 14:39
Karima ALL THE WAY :D I can admit, she didnt look like Anniversary Lara, but Legend Lara definately, especially the Box Art Lara render. She was just so great. Alison bores me alot, I think she seems a bit too young especially the way she sounds. The few minute documentary on Alison with TRU was a waste of an extra $10 for me, it didnt really teach me anything about her, but the documentary along with TRA, it taught me a damn lot more about Karima than I learnt about Alison from a documentary.

Nemo_91
19-12-08, 14:45
Alison. :D

GenyaArikado
19-12-08, 15:08
Karima, she kick Allison ass with this pic
http://www.trsaga.com/mdl/kari/ktr7/02.jpg

Aphrodite22
19-12-08, 15:14
Allison. Karima has better body, but i still prefer Allison.

tha_mattster
19-12-08, 15:23
Karima is more intelligent, more interesting, better looking, better body etc.

Alison can roll around and do cartwheels, but her accent is simply terrible, her face is ordinary and unlike Lara's, and she doesn't display Karima's confidence and wit in the interviews. Her body is kinda bulky and her arms look flabby. Lara is thin. She doesn't need bulky muscles because she's not real. Don't say I've called Alison fat please...her body is just stronger and bulkier than Lara's - that's a fact. Her sexy photoshoots felt so forced and kinda embarrassing. Karima is very at ease with herself and easy on the eye. When I watch Alison I'm always worried she'll act nervous, or take it too seriously, or do that stupid breakdance move. If she doesn't know how to answer a question she should move on! I felt she was never in control of the interviews. She clearly lacked experience and maybe a bit of maturity.

Alison is a very nice girl but has nothing of Lara's personality or appearence.

NympHadorA
19-12-08, 16:55
I love Jill. She's Lara for me... :)

But if you ask for these two options, I would choose Alison. Karima wasnt fit for Lara, she can be "just" a model, not Lara. :)

domina
19-12-08, 17:29
Karima by a long shot. I liked Alison at first, I liked her athleticism, but the more and more I see of her, especially in interviews, the less and less I like her. She's not nearly as articulate as Karima, but demonstrates a certain arrogance that I find inappropriate given that she really knows nothing of Lara.

feanor
19-12-08, 17:57
Ayup All...

Trouble is, Allison is portraying Lara as she is in Underworld... Not any of the other Games.

Laras character is now SERIOUSLY peed off with anyone standing in her way, and is out for answers. she's NOT taking any Bullshine AT ALL.

For all her English rose voice, (and believe me it touches you in the best possible way), Allison portrays that in her figure and attitude. She ISN'T FAT OR FLABBY and her routine, although a little corny,maybe, portrays the 'New' strong Lara to a tee. if push came to shove, Allison would cut it. not just LOOK like it.

Oh, and if you think her interviews are lame, then blame the Journos. they only ask lame questions.

Last bit. I asked Eric what he thought of Allison. he said she was perfect, and that they ARE proud and protective of her...

'Nuff Said...

Andariel
19-12-08, 18:37
Angelina Jolie is the only one that comes close in my opinion.

http://i41.************/1znri1v.jpg

http://i42.************/28svbe9.jpg

tha_mattster
19-12-08, 18:38
For all her English rose voice, (and believe me it touches you in the best possible way), Allison portrays that in her figure and attitude.

How can she portray Lara's accent with her figure and attitude?

Come on, the voice is important don't try to escape that :p

Eleana
19-12-08, 18:44
I just watched an interview from both, and I have to say Karima, with out a doubt.

Allison is very pretty, she seems lovely and she is doing a really great job. But after watching interviews from each, Karima has the right manner, the nicer accent and the better appearance for Lara.

Its nice to know that Allison is a gymnast, but she just doesn't look enough like Lara for me.

Karima smolders. She looks sophisticated even when she's talking. She communicates better with the camera too, and in her interviews she actually tries to sell the game.

<3 Karima.

Megalith
19-12-08, 18:48
Karima by far...

NightWish
19-12-08, 18:50
Alison

TR93
19-12-08, 19:52
Karima,

I think she seemed more fun and she is more of a people person,
where as Alison has got the moves and is much more Athletic..
But Karima was so full of energy and had a spark...I liked her best

Both good,
But Karima is my fave;)

domina
19-12-08, 20:24
Ayup All...

Trouble is, Allison is portraying Lara as she is in Underworld... Not any of the other Games.

Laras character is now SERIOUSLY peed off with anyone standing in her way, and is out for answers. she's NOT taking any Bullshine AT ALL.

For all her English rose voice, (and believe me it touches you in the best possible way), Allison portrays that in her figure and attitude. She ISN'T FAT OR FLABBY and her routine, although a little corny,maybe, portrays the 'New' strong Lara to a tee. if push came to shove, Allison would cut it. not just LOOK like it.

Oh, and if you think her interviews are lame, then blame the Journos. they only ask lame questions.

Last bit. I asked Eric what he thought of Allison. he said she was perfect, and that they ARE proud and protective of her...

'Nuff Said...

You can only blame the journalists to an extent. Karima was asked stupid and repetitive questions as well, but how she answered them was much better than how Alison answered them. She generally sounded smart, polite, and even though it was obvious that many of the answers are stock, it wasn't annoyingly so.

I think the funniest answer Alison ever gave to an interview was about Lara's abilities: "So, I've got, like, back flips and kicks." :vlol:

And of course the guys at Eidos and CD are going to defend Alison. They said the same things about Karima. They picked the ladies--They better damn well love 'em!

Aphrodite22
19-12-08, 21:57
Angelina Jolie is the only one that comes close in my opinion.

http://i41.************/1znri1v.jpg

http://i42.************/28svbe9.jpg

agree :D

Zolee
19-12-08, 22:00
I like Karima's look but I like Alison's moves.
Both looks lovely though.

Solice
20-12-08, 00:25
agree :D

I like AJ a lot. But she does not even vaguely look like Lara.

pneboy
20-12-08, 12:14
Karima!!!!!