PDA

View Full Version : RIP Majel Roddenberry

Agent 47
19-12-08, 14:37
Majel Barrett Roddenberry, known to millions as Number One, Christine Chappel, Lwaxanna Troi and ship computer voice in all incarnations of Star Trek, passed away this morning aged 76.

Majel, who just completed voice over work for JJ Abrams Star Trek 2009 film will be sadly missed amongst Trek fandom.

RIP Majel, and may Gene's vision live on for another 40 years. tis a very sad day :(

Punaxe
19-12-08, 14:43
Lwaxanna Troi did the computer voice?! I had no idea!

Requiescat in pace :(

Mr.Burns
19-12-08, 14:52
:eek: Wow. Quite a shame. At least she had a good life. May she rest in peace.

interstellardave
19-12-08, 15:03
Awww... another original Star Trek VIP gone... she was a big part of the phenomenon that is Star Trek.

Oh, well, she did live long and she prospered...

Agent 47
19-12-08, 15:52
Awww... another original Star Trek VIP gone... she was a big part of the phenomenon that is Star Trek.

Oh, well, she did live long and she prospered...

agreed, i credit the producers for inviting her to reprise her role as the Enterprise computer voice, but for me it just further solidifies why Mr Shatner should have made an appearance also. it's a missed opportunity not having him with Nimoy :(

Majel remained actively involved with Trek through all the tv shows and movies and it's rather fitting that her Trek career began with TOS and ended with TOS based movie :)

Neteru
19-12-08, 16:05
:yik:

Bless her.

:(

TombRaiderCool
19-12-08, 16:22
A sad and tragic loss indeed. RIP. :(

ShadyCroft
19-12-08, 16:48
though I don't really know her, may she rest in peace. :(

SamReeves
19-12-08, 17:07
Sad day indeed. I guess I liked her best alongside Dr. McCoy, but Laxuana Troi was also a great role.