PDA

View Full Version : matial artists?

deamonguardian
20-12-08, 20:31
okay well yesterday i got my 9th Q or orange belt i train shotokan katate Do and i wanted to no if anybody else here also did martial arts if so what do you train and what rank are you?

Punaxe
20-12-08, 20:35
Three years ago, I was doing my final practices for black belt in Jiu-Jitsu. Unfortunately right around that time I had to move to another city, and we couldn't finish. I haven't done anything since then - it's hard to find a new, available training partner at that level - but am still determined to start training again. I was so close... :p

deamonguardian
20-12-08, 20:43
good for you how long did you train for before you got to blck belt

Endow
20-12-08, 20:50
Took like 6 months of Tae Kwon Do when I was 17. I skipped training often and didn't even attend the one time during that period we were to be ranked. Wasn't too worried about that.

deamonguardian
20-12-08, 20:55
for m at my dojo i have to go at leats 2 times a week and im not aloud to get a brown with blackstripe belt until im 16

Punaxe
20-12-08, 21:58
good for you how long did you train for before you got to blck belt

Hmm, I haven't got my diplomas here so I can't check for sure, but... Nearing 10 years?

And indeed, black belts are 16+ :p

TR 4 LIFE
21-12-08, 01:14
OH MY GOD!!!! PERFECT THREAD!!! im 1 belt away from black in Aikido! :D :D :D

LaraCablara
21-12-08, 01:39
Yes, I'm a yellow belt and I'm awful at it sadly :(, I'm so bad I didn't even get to take the green belt test, so when I go on Monday everyone will be ahead of me. But I just do it for the exercise mostly.

TRexbait
21-12-08, 02:24
I recently got my blackbelt in Taekwon do. I was in their demo team, that would go in parades and represent the academy in tournaments. I'm pretty good, not the best though.

Here was the thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=124508&highlight=Fear

I'm of the youngest age allowed on these forums

Ikas90
21-12-08, 03:58
I used to do Karate. It was called GKR (Go-Kan-Ryu) and I got up to Red Belt (4th Kyu). I quit though, because I realised I wasn't really benefiting from it. I wasn't learning how to fight. I learnt much more from my friend, who is a martial artist.

Indiana Croft
21-12-08, 04:12
i did karate for like maybe a year :P

Hairhelmet12
21-12-08, 04:33
Ive alwase wante dto lear stuff like that! is it fun?

rowanlim
21-12-08, 04:48
I took up karate for 2 yrs then quit :p

@Russell: I think it's interesting because it's got history plus its good for health (mental & physical) & certainly good for self-defense.

I think I really admire Admles, he takes up all sorts of martial arts, the dude's brilliant with swords, knives & the like :D

Hairhelmet12
21-12-08, 04:51
@Russell: I think it's interesting because it's got history plus its good for health (mental & physical) & certainly good for self-defense.

I think I really admire Admles, he takes up all sorts of martial arts, the dude's brilliant with swords, knives & the like :D

Yeah i would love tot ake some classes i need to drop a afew pounds anyway lmfao

Laurencarter
21-12-08, 19:08
I took kick boxing for a while. I think I got to the third belt. Can't remember what colour it was though.

Pabz1989
21-12-08, 19:11
I'm a Black Belt in Kickboxing, A brown belt in Ju Jitsu and a Blue Belt in Kempo Karate.

I'm having a break right now, and straight after the holidays I will be back in fighting form

deamonguardian
21-12-08, 19:37
I'm a Black Belt in Kickboxing, A brown belt in Ju Jitsu and a Blue Belt in Kempo Karate.

I'm having a break right now, and straight after the holidays I will be back in fighting form

yeah me too i get a two week break for christmas

tr_mitch
21-12-08, 19:50
Did Tae Kwon Do when i was younger and got upto black belt 1st Dan in that, Haven't done it for over 5 years now, so almost forgot all patterns and any of the theory behind it. =/