PDA

View Full Version : Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles fan thread

IceColdLaraCroft
21-12-08, 14:04
I don't remember seeing a thread about the show in here and after seeing Catherine Weaver pop up so much in the 'fav characters' thread it made more sense.

So who watches the show? What do you think about the cast? What did you think about the "Fall" finale? Did you know that Fox is moving the show to FRIDAY nights? They're doing it because they'll be premiering Joss Whedon's new show "Dollhouse" with Eliza Dushku and TSCC will be a lead in to that show.

What are your favourtie stories? Do you this it adds anything to the Terminator franchise? Have a blast :)

Agent 47
21-12-08, 14:09
i like it,bought season 1 on Blu-ray :D

i've only seen the first 9 episodes of season 2, and Shirley Manson is doing fine as an actress IMO :jmp:

IceColdLaraCroft
21-12-08, 14:19
I'm pleasantly surprised by Shirley Manson. She's convincing as a Terminator she's a creepy character, yet cunning. Fox seems to be investing her as a long term character (not interacting with the Connor clan) and taking things slow, but showing very "ooooooooo" moments.

Angelus
21-12-08, 15:09
I really liked the first season, and the second season started off nicely... but it started to become very talky and not much happened... I gave up after five or six episodes. :(

Neteru
21-12-08, 15:10
I gave up after a couple on the first series.

Aphrodite22
21-12-08, 15:14
I love it! :D:D

Punaxe
21-12-08, 15:16

It gets better in the second season. First season was pretty slow.

Angelus
21-12-08, 15:20
It gets better in the second season. First season was pretty slow.

The first season was slow? :eek: The second season is sooooo much slower!

Punaxe
21-12-08, 15:22
The first season was slow? :eek: The second season is sooooo much slower!

Granted I've only seen the first half or so of the second season, but there's been some interesting developments, of which there were none in the first. That makes up for it :p

Flyin11
21-12-08, 15:46
Love it!!! I watch it and then I watch Prison Break right afterwards ;) I still watch Heroes as well but I usual just tape it and watch Prison Break on my other TV.

Anyways, love the show and all the action they have in it and I'm glad they decided to keep it going for a 2nd season but I'm a bit worried on the Friday night move...Friday nights are like the kiss of death as not a lot of people are home on Friday nights and are out doing things. We'll have to see but it was defiantly the kiss of death for the show Frdiay Night Lights which I still miss now :( What the heck kind of show is Dollhouse?? Sounds like some lame-o show already :rolleyes: Eliza Dushku is hot and all but that shows name just sounds like something weird....

irjudd
21-12-08, 16:36
I really tried to give it a chance. I watched about 5 or 6 episodes, but Lena Headey is just not a convincing Sarah Connor. Far too whiney and annoying. Her acting in this show just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'm expecting too much Linda out of her.

Punaxe
21-12-08, 16:38
(...) Lena Headey is just not a convincing Sarah Connor. Far too whiney and annoying. Her acting in this show just doesn't do it for me. (...)

I do agree, and in all honesty, John Connor doesn't convince me much either. Nor does whatshername. But it's still entertaining.

trtrailerman
21-12-08, 16:44

Yeah have to agree unfortunatly, The first lot of episodes were great but then I got bored =/ please don't moan at me fans XD

Shark_Blade
21-12-08, 16:46
I only like the first two movies. It goes downhill after that though.

just croft
21-12-08, 16:54
This really tried to kill the franshise.... :(

TRhalloween
21-12-08, 16:54
I'm starting to watch it. I love Shirley Manson in the show.

Angelus
21-12-08, 17:54
This really tried to kill the franshise.... :(

Terminator 3 already did that. :ton:

Trigger_happy
21-12-08, 18:10
I really like this show! Along with Bones, its basically the only thing on telly I watch. I think Lena Headley was a great choice for Sarah: she's strong, but not in that completely psychotic way that Linda Hamilton is in T2.

just croft
21-12-08, 18:24
Terminator 3 already did that. :ton:

nop becuase if there were to be more Terminators it would be quite boring to stop judgement day over and over, Terminator 3 could have been better but it oppened way to make something like what's gunna happen in Terminator 4... and this one is gunna Rock!

IceColdLaraCroft
21-12-08, 18:33
I like Cameron but I HATE Riley, but I loved the last episode

*smack* "I'm not your friend, I'm not your mother. I'm not here to babysit. Now go do your job and keep him away from her."

Wana b like Lara
21-12-08, 18:41
Ooh! I haven't watched it ... *Takes out Notepad and takes pen out from behind the right ear, scribbles with tongue stuck out in a idiotic mannor* "Must watch Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles" *Ends writing with a jab from the pen to the pad for a dot*

Whew! :p

Flyin11
21-12-08, 20:41
I like Cameron but I HATE Riley, but I loved the last episode

*smack* "I'm not your friend, I'm not your mother. I'm not here to babysit. Now go do your job and keep him away from her."

Oh yeah!! :D

Also, Cameron still has the chip from the terminator they killed earlier so we still have to see where that leads to!! :D

mau3genius
21-12-08, 21:47
I love this show :cln:
I must admit I started with Season 2, only because Shirley was on it. Before watching it I really thought it would be sucky, but the series is simply awesome! I'm gonna buy Season 1 on DVD soon :)
I'm no fan of the Terminator franchise, but this show really nails it for me.
It has both action and drama, with a consistent plot that's getting better and better. I'm glad it's not based on the "a Terminator comes after John Connor every episode" formula, that would be boring (although I'm sure some people would love to watch it)

BTW, Shirley's skills have really improved from the first episode (in which she was out of synch when comparing her with the rest of the cast) now she got the hang of it :D

Trigger_happy
21-12-08, 22:01
BTW, Shirley's skills have really improved from the first episode (in which she was out of synch when comparing her with the rest of the cast) now she got the hang of it :D

That's quite true. I can't tell if she's a bad actress trying to play the part of an unemotional killing machine, or she's a really good actress playing an emotionless killing machine: its really creepy. Whoever cast her is a genius.

Love2Raid
21-12-08, 22:17
:( Can't watch yet it, Holland always has to wait for this stuff. Or am I being totally ignorant right now? :confused:

Anyway, I loved Terminator. The second movie is my favourite :D

Is this show anything like that? In other words, worth watching?

IceColdLaraCroft
21-12-08, 23:41
The show is totally worth it, but takes it's own spin with the series and has it's own mythology (which I think adds to the overall franchise).

To answer your question RE: Shirley's acting :vlol: she's a good actress pretending to be an emotionless machine. I saw this because she behaves in a similar manner to "John Henry" before he was hooked up to the A.I. There's a subtle level of false humanity, but with a touch of culture. I think the awesome accent helps mask it too.

I don't think that one particular Terminator was the ONLY chip that Cameron took (especially since she was in that library more than once and then returned after the guy left). I actually find Cameron more intriging than Sarah's whole "three dots" story, although I too believe they mean something.

John is cute and he plays the part of a "i don't know where I fit in" loner really well.

I find that it's more watchable than Heroes.