PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite television program of all time thread!

Christi
21-12-08, 21:29
alright...tell us your favorite program, why it is your favorite, and what was your favorite episode so far :3

Mine:

LEVERAGE

It has such good heists and its just such a smart show. IMO, It's the best show running on television.

My favorite episode out of the only 3 that have played so far, was the first episode. "One Honest Man"
(It plays on TNT)

HOUSE

SO funny, dr. house is such an ass, and yet the cases are so intelegently put together.

GREY'S ANATOMY

LOVE the relationships and all the realism of what happens in hospitals. The incredible stories and heartwarming outcomes. And when Denny died!! I CRIED!

bivvy
21-12-08, 21:32
The Simpsons

A 'It's-not-what-it-seems' type of prog. I love it how because it's a cartoon some people assume it's for children. One of the smartest and funniest shows ever to land. Kudos to Matt for creating such iconic characters!

Gilmore Girls

I don't know what gets me to watch this show, Emily Gilmore's Natla-ishness or the excellent one-liners. Overall a heartwarming mother and daughter series.

]{eith
21-12-08, 21:33
I have three that I watch religiously.

Dead Like Me
It only ran for two series but it's probably the smartest, wittiest show I've ever seen. The characters were brilliant, and so was the main plot and individual episodic plots. A movie has been made and is slated for a 2009 release. I can't wait! :jmp:

Desperate Housewives
The plot of this show is mammoth and so deep, there's so much to know about Wisteria Lane and it's all so interesting. The individual main characters are so lovable and the show can be so heart-wrenching, dramatic or hilarious. Sometimes all at once.

Charmed
How can anyone not love this show? 'Nuff said.

laralover_07
21-12-08, 21:36
Torchwood.

I love it. It's better than Doctor Who, it's more adult so its better than the old...

Assistant: Doctor, Halp!!
Doctor: O noes!! Wait,I know exactly what it is I killed it like ages ago lol.
Assistant: Grate!! Day saved in less than 40 minutes good job
Doctor: Indeed. Lets go to planet where we get arrested and I'll brake free lol.

Drone
21-12-08, 21:38
GI JOE
The Simpsons

there's nothing more for me!

Nick56music
21-12-08, 21:39
Simpsons
King of Queens

ajrich17901
21-12-08, 21:55
Psch
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Army Wives
Popular

Lenochka
21-12-08, 21:58
Sugar Rush
I Love Money
House
Daria
Sex and the City

:)

Nemo_91
21-12-08, 22:02
I can't say just one.

My absolute favourites are:
Supernatural
Ghost Whisperer
The X-Files
Alias

oocladableeblah
21-12-08, 22:04
Lost
House
Bones
Office
30 Rock
Eureka
Where are you Scooby-Doo?
X Files
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
Green Acres
Adams Family
Edit- had to add more

Eddie Haskell
21-12-08, 22:07
5) Leave It To Beaver
4) Monty Pythons Flying Circus
3) Star Trek (the original series)
2) Mission: Impossible
1) Columbo

Christi
21-12-08, 22:10
5) Leave It To Beaver
4) Monty Pythons Flying Circus
3) Star Trek (the original series)
2) Mission: Impossible
1) Columbo

TV SHOWS...:vlol:

Lara's home
21-12-08, 22:10
Futurama
Family Guy
American Dad

peeves
21-12-08, 22:12
Slacker cats
vh1 top 20 video countdown
malcolm in the middle

oocladableeblah
21-12-08, 22:13
They are tv shows. At least I know star trek and monty python are. Leave it to Beavers sounds very familiar and so does Columbo I am pretty sure those are tv shows too.

Christi
21-12-08, 22:17
Mission Impossible is?! o.O

TombRaiderLover
21-12-08, 22:17
It's better than Doctor Who

Anything is better than Doctor Who.

It's hard to pick a favourite, but Scrubs, Friends, Family Guy and That 70s Show rank high. ;)

oocladableeblah
21-12-08, 22:20
Mission Impossible is?! o.O
I am sure there is a tv series spin off of it. At least I could believe there is one.

GodOfLight
21-12-08, 22:31
Buffy
Angel
Desperate Houswives
Six Feet Under

{eith;3329353']
Charmed
How can anyone not love this show? 'Nuff said.

maybe because it's terrible? :tea:

]{eith
21-12-08, 22:32
Buffy
Angel
Desperate Houswives
Six Feet Under

maybe because it's terrible? :tea:

:yik: Madness!!

Nick56music
21-12-08, 22:33
Scrubs is a cool one, too. :wve:

tr_mitch
21-12-08, 22:35
Close Call between Prison Break and Nip/tuck.

GodOfLight
21-12-08, 22:41
{eith;3329459']:yik: Madness!!

i have all 8 seasons :tea:

it was good with prue. after that it became the most shallow and useless show ever... it has absolutley no plot... and the last season with the random introduction of billy and her sister was an abomination :D

]{eith
21-12-08, 22:46
i have all 8 seasons :tea:

it was good with prue. after that it became the most shallow and useless show ever... it has absolutley no plot... and the last season with the random introduction of billy and her sister was an abomination :D

I definitely agree with you on the 8th season. As far as I'm concerned there are only seven seasons. Though I felt season three also went the way of the random like season 8 with all those new abilities Prue was acquiring left, right and center.

Angelus
21-12-08, 22:48
One? :vlol: I'll try to narrow it down.

In no particular order:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Battlestar Galactica (new series)
The X Files
Firefly
Charmed
Desperate Housewives

I've limited myself to these... there's a lot more shows I rate highly.

EDIT: Season 6 and 8 of Charmed were abysmal.

remote91
21-12-08, 22:49
Couldn't name a single one, but:

Buffy
Alias
Dead Like Me
Dexter
Veronica Mars
Desperate Housewives
Family Guy
American Dad

GodOfLight
21-12-08, 22:53
{eith;3329488']I definitely agree with you on the 8th season. As far as I'm concerned there are only seven seasons. Though I felt season three also went the way of the random like season 8 with all those new abilities Prue was acquiring left, right and center.

for me it ended after season 3 to be honest... although i enjoyed the phoebe and cole drama (too much of a buffy and angel rip-off though)

the problem for me with the other seasons was that they vanquished the Source... and then went on doing other crap and then the grand finale was about the Trio from season 1 again... i'm sorry, but after 'the Source' you can't really go back :p

]{eith
21-12-08, 22:55
for me it ended after season 3 to be honest... although i enjoyed the phoebe and cole drama (too much of a buffy and angel rip-off though)

the problem for me with the other seasons was that they vanquished the Source... and then went on doing other crap and then the grand finale was about the Trio from season 1 again... i'm sorry, but after 'the Source' you can't really go back :p

True. They got away with the aftermath in Season 5 because of the Underworld being in disarray. Chris bugged me. Alot. That being said, I still enjoy watching it, and i love Paige.

Neteru
21-12-08, 22:57
I am sure there is a tv series spin off of it. At least I could believe there is one.Spin off? LOL Go back to the 60's to find the original TV series. It's the modern films that are the spin offs.

Angelus
21-12-08, 23:00

The Triad were from Season 3... :p Cole was working for them and ended up vanquishing them.

But not really because they came back in Season 8...

Phlip
21-12-08, 23:01
Last Man Standing.
Only saw one episode of it a few months ago and it instantly became my favourite show.

Betal
21-12-08, 23:04
Xena: warrior princess (They still show Xena in Sweden. My favourite serie EVER!)
The Simpsons
Family Guy
South Park

GodOfLight
21-12-08, 23:07
The Triad were from Season 3... :p Cole was working for them and ended up vanquishing them.

But not really because they came back in Season 8...

the triad! that's it... lol i forget their name. they were season 1 - 3 though... because in Season 1 they sent Tempus after the girls...

and that with Cole vanquishing them is my exact point... if Cole was able to vanquish the Triad, they were definitley not worthy opponents for the final season.

_ush2_
21-12-08, 23:08
Grey's Anatomy

Desperate Housives

The Simpsons

Friends

Endow
21-12-08, 23:19
Last Man Standing.
Only saw one episode of it a few months ago and it instantly became my favourite show.

Wow, must be quite the show.

I wouldn't know how to answer the topic question. Twin Peaks probably. First season anyway.

Eddie Haskell
21-12-08, 23:30

When did you come to this planet? :)

The original series of Mission: Impossible puts the pathetic movies to shame, they are entierly different in nature. In fact except for the title and some character names you wouldn't even recognize that the movies were based on the show.

Candee Sparks
21-12-08, 23:44
Golden Girls and Ab Fab. Nothing can compare, hands down.

IceColdLaraCroft
21-12-08, 23:45
Batman: The Animated Series

marla_biggs
22-12-08, 00:26
one of these...

big brother
ugly betty
kath and kim
neighbours
gimme gimme gimme
nip tuck
simpsons.. etc i love em all :)

kooky
22-12-08, 00:30
Miami Vice, hands down! That is one of the best TV series I have ever watched, I love the plots & storylines, they were not so abstract as some shows on today.

Draco
22-12-08, 16:03
Firefly

Neteru
22-12-08, 16:17
I can't decide between:

Elizabeth R (BBC 1971)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/virginqueen/images/450x187/actresses.jpg

Or

Babylon 5

http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/Databases/Images/LBY110-02-001.jpg

dizzydoil
22-12-08, 16:17
Farscape..

It's just perfect.

Angelx14
22-12-08, 16:21
House M.D., The SImpsons. And thta's pretty much it =p. Oh, and there was this documentary, Birth Stories. But it vanished. Weird. I liked it

Feather Duster
22-12-08, 16:36
Gilmore Girls :hug: Love it

Rivendell
22-12-08, 16:45
The X Files or Stargate SG-1

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9300/338194nu6.jpg http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2127/sg1gl7.jpg

I don't know. I'll let them fight it out amongst themselves.
:hug:

jarhead
22-12-08, 17:01
Spooks,Silent Witness, Waking the dead

Among others

LaraCroftRox
22-12-08, 17:05
Friends....:ton:

Survival
22-12-08, 17:42
The X Files
http://i41.************/kug6d.jpg
... loong line of nothing ....

Masters Of Horror / Fear Itself
http://i44.************/aczmzt.jpg
Supernatural
http://i42.************/15nupt2.jpg

Jin Uzuki
22-12-08, 17:44
I used to have insatiable fanaticism for Smallville.

Mona Sax
22-12-08, 17:56
I'll have to say Magnum, P.I.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/speedymeadows/magnum_pi_tom_selleck.jpg

That show was just pure perfection, and of course it starred the sexiest guy to ever grace the small screen. Sorry George! ;)

I also love Friends, Miami Vice and MacGyver.

Edit: Forgot Agatha Christie's Poirot!

jackles
22-12-08, 18:03
I couldn't possibly choose just one.

Ones which stand out.

Upstairs Downstairs

I,Claudius

Cranford

Sopranos

Pride and predjudice (step up Colin Firth ;))

On a more gratutious level.....

X-Files

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Tina Croft
22-12-08, 19:19
hm...
king of queens
married with children
the simpsons
little house prairie :p
the lost world
relic hunter
and german talkshows like Britt :jmp: :D

Nannonxyay
22-12-08, 19:23
Will And Grace

The characters are portrayed brilliantly by the actors and the star studded guest appearances makes the show more appealing. It has funny and sad moments and is different to other comedies because of it's main characters being gay, but that's still not the main focus of the show.

The Mighty Boosh

Five minutes of this show and you'll be drawn in by it's odd, sometimes disturbing and totally random humor which isn't so random when you think into what Noel and Julian intend in every episode. The characters are so creative and thought out and some of the stuff in it is so hilarious. It's by far my favourite British Comedy.

The IT Crowd

One of the best British Comedies, I love all the characters. They have their own personalities which appeal to all people. The writers are geniuses when it comes to good British Comedy. Nerds are also awesome. :)

Others include:
The Big Bang Theory, Heroes, Hollyoaks, Scrubs, South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, King Of The Hill. The list goes on.

touchthesky
22-12-08, 19:24
Buffy.
Angel.
A Team.
The Tudors.
Skins.
Shameless.
Doctor Who.
Sex And The City.
Ugly Betty.

amiro1989
22-12-08, 19:25
Smallville
One Tree Hill
Degrassi : The Next Generation
Gossip Girl -----> Totally amazing.
Gilmore Girls

Fallen.Angel
22-12-08, 19:27
Girls Next Door <3 My all time favorite
Family Matters
Dirty Jobs
Animal Cops Houston/Detroit/Miami
Ghost Hunters
Spongebob =P :p:o

I'm not into anything like "Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives" etc... don't know why.

SamReeves
22-12-08, 19:43
Hmmm so many to choose from…but in no particular order:

The Streets of San Francisco
Sledgehammer!
Dukes of Hazzard
Star Trek
Star Trek the Next Generation
Star Trek Voyager
Andy Griffith Show
Sanford & Son
Knight Rider
Wild on E! (especially when Brooke Burke hosted the show :cln; )
Fitness Beach (seeing Leeann Tweeden in a bikini in every show…dang the 90's rocked!)
The Shield
The Commish
Mancuso FBI
Baywatch
Son of the Beach

DREWY
22-12-08, 22:20
One word - Buffy The Vampire Slayer (ok, 4 words - so sue me)
An honerable mention to a show only Sam would probably remember, The Rockford files. Loved James Garner as an actor

Neteru
22-12-08, 22:22
The Rockford files. Loved James Garner as an actorI used to love that programme.

tombraiderluka
22-12-08, 22:34
Friends
Charmed
Desperate Housewives
Gilmore Girls
The Simpsons

Benguitar
22-12-08, 23:10
FRIENDS and That 70's Show.

~Ben

patriots88888
22-12-08, 23:12
NFL Football (most sports) although those really aren't "television programs" so Top Chef gets the nod! It has some great cooking competition and just enough "drama" to keep things entertaining. Not to mention, some hot broads from time to time!

IceColdLaraCroft
22-12-08, 23:39
The Young and the Restless
Bold and the Beautiful

They're the only shows i've been watching for more than 10 years.

Hanny
22-12-08, 23:50
definitely :D
http://i44.************/71r0rb.jpg

How I Met Your Mother :jmp:

Angelus
22-12-08, 23:57
gdD0j6wmMNc

Lmfao. :vlol:

Hanny
23-12-08, 00:03
^ :vlol::vlol::vlol:
i just love this vid! especially the episode with Robins "secret" :D

Rivendell
23-12-08, 00:14
http://i41.************/kug6d.jpg

:D What on earth is going on there??

IceColdLaraCroft
23-12-08, 00:20
Looks like the Blonde commented on Scully's move to British tv movies

Angelus
23-12-08, 00:20

Lmao. :D (I think) it's from the last episode of Season 8, where they're in the FBI offices and everything just goes crazy.

Agent 47
23-12-08, 17:22
favourite of all time!! damn

Star Trek TOS
Quantum Leap

UK wise, Top Gear :D

Encore
23-12-08, 18:13
I would say X Files, but problem is I hate the later seasons. So my choice is LOST. Absolutely love it, and it hasnt let me down yet.

Lee croft
23-12-08, 18:35
GREY'S ANATOMY

LOVE the relationships and all the realism of what happens in hospitals. The incredible stories and heartwarming outcomes. And when Denny died!! I CRIED!

oh my god i love that programme!!!! izzy is the best you gotta love kathine hegil cant spell her name lol

and i also like heroes!! and hollyoaks!!

Survival
23-12-08, 19:06

Lmao. :D (I think) it's from the last episode of Season 8, where they're in the FBI offices and everything just goes crazy.

It´s actually a scene from Requiem, last episode of season 7. Shortly after this Scully leaves the room and has her last moment with Mulder. Mulder doesn´t want her to go with him because he thinks she´s in danger... and what happened next is an amazing set of events leading up to the most memorable piece of TV history (This is not Happening, season 8) :).

Los Angeles
23-12-08, 19:07
Charmschool,
Rock Of Love

Oh yeaahh... :D

TR93
23-12-08, 19:30
Faves of All time

Charmed
Bless This House,
Mind Your Language,
Prison Break,
Eastenders,
The Bill,
Doctor Who,
Torchwood,
Outtake TV
Ashes To Ashes

Laurencarter
23-12-08, 19:36
NCIS
the humor is sharp and it is really interesting. I never loose interest in the show.

Archetype
23-12-08, 20:03
24, Season 6 was a bit weak.. season 4 & 5 being the best imo.

24: Redemption was really good though.. bring on season 7!

jackles
23-12-08, 20:10
Oh good how could I forget...

Life on Mars.

*mutters the name of Gene Hunt obsessively*

Drone
23-12-08, 21:07
The Benny Hill Show
IFSA

Bowie
23-12-08, 21:27
Seinfeld, period.

Gianni Bartoli
23-12-08, 23:41
Futurama
Scrubs
Desperate Housewives
I don't watch anything else on the TV!

Paddy
24-12-08, 00:04
Cant name one program, gotta name many

The Young Ones - Favourite ep is Bomb. Love the humour of Rik and Ade.

Family Guy - Love when Stewie and Peter bond at Lois expense :D

Red Dwarf - Great show, no favourite episode, all good. Favourite character is Cat.

Tom Green Show

Back to You

Two and a Half Men