PDA

View Full Version : Forbes ranks Lara Croft 14th on 2008 richest list, estimates net worth at $900m

Jin Uzuki
22-12-08, 15:56
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr19/migdumaual/hatfield_house_5002.jpg

Forbes has just released their annual listing of “The Forbes (Fictional) 15″ (http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/18/fictional-characters-wealth-oped-books-fictional1508-cx_de_mn_1217fictionalintro.html), featuring the richest of 2008, who despite economic woes, have managed to stay at the top of their game. Last year’s richest, Scrooge McDuck, fell to second place, with Uncle Sam taking over. Joining the ranks of Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark, Lara Croft places 14th, with an estimated net worth of $900 million. Forbes cites Croft’s inheritance from deceased parents Lord Richard and Lady Amelia Croft and various antiquities as her main source of income.

Freewheeling archaeologist and Countess of Abbingdon feared dead after plane disappeared above Congo, 2008; resurfaced in U.K. after Peru, Egypt and Kazakhstan dropped stolen antiquities charges in U.N.-brokered deal. In return, Countess Croft to give $200 million to African, South American orphanages. Spent much of past year searching Iceland for Thor’s hammer and buying up Viking rune stones from bankrupt nation; locals stunned by cultural insensitivity, inappropriate winter attire. Returning member.
Forbes has also included Croft Manor in this year’s list of “The Most Expensive (Fictional) Homes” (http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/18/expensive-fictional-homes-forbeslife-fictional1508-cx_mn_de_1218expensivehomes.html), with an estimated amount of $46.1 million. The magazine seems to deem the mansion fitting for Lara Croft’s lifestyle in their description of it:

Exquisite London area home with large gymnasium, pool house, fully stocked library ripe with mysteriously protruding books. Quirky! Chock full of secret corridors, elaborate pulley systems, puzzling garden mazes. A steal at any price!
After more than a decade in the fast-paced business of tomb-raiding and corporate warfare, Lara Croft definitely isn’t showing signs of slowing down. On the contrary, it would seem that Lara’s going to stay in and around for at least another decade. Forbes better still be counting until then.

MadCroy101
22-12-08, 15:59
That is some pretty interesting news. Thanks for sharing:)

Drone
22-12-08, 15:59
haha great :D Lara with her manor ....

siouxsiecrux
22-12-08, 16:00
Lovely image, and she should have been place higher :D

Jin Uzuki
22-12-08, 16:02
It's also quite funny how they allude to Tomb Raider Underworld by mentioning this bit: "Spent much of past year searching Iceland for Thor’s hammer". The writer also proves to be imaginative by putting in interesting details like Lara's $200 million donation to African and South American orphanages and her cultural insensitivity. Makes her all the more tangible as a real or perhaps realistically relevant character.

Spikey
22-12-08, 16:02
Forbes has also included Croft Manor in this year’s list of “The Most Expensive (Fictional) Homes” (http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/18/expensive-fictional-homes-forbeslife-fictional1508-cx_mn_de_1218expensivehomes.html), with an estimated amount of $46.1 million.

After the events of TRU, I doubt it deserves that position any longer. :p

Jin Uzuki
22-12-08, 16:04
After the events of TRU, I doubt it deserves that position any longer. :p
Lol! Yes, Forbes should have take note of that!

Punaxe
22-12-08, 16:14
Uncle Sam with a net worth of infinity? That's cheating! :mad:

tranniversary119
22-12-08, 17:09
Lol! Yes, Forbes should have take note of that!

Well 14th place isn't good enough for Lara..soo she blew up her house :D

GenyaArikado
22-12-08, 17:23
Well 14th place isn't good enough for Lara..soo she blew up her house :D

No she blowed up it first, and that why she is 14th place

Dia2blo
27-12-08, 00:42
No she blowed up it first, and that why she is 14th place

So her homes worth that much even when it has been destroyed? wow :p

i loved "innapropriate winter attire" :D

GenyaArikado
27-12-08, 00:48
So her homes worth that much even when it has been destroyed? wow :p

i loved "innapropriate winter attire" :D

I would love it even blowed up so, why not:p

Lara Croft!
27-12-08, 13:05
Heheee.... Interesting!!!!

NympHadorA
27-12-08, 14:29
Loved the news! Thanks for sharing... ;)