PDA

View Full Version : Sound hallucination? O.O

Betal
23-12-08, 03:18
Hello. This may be spam but I just have to ask.

Can hallucination just be sounds?

Cause I just heard someone falling INSIDE my house. But everyone is sleeping cause it's the middle of the night.
My mother walks with crutch (is that the right word?).
And I thought I heard that in the fall and a really quick moan. And it was loud as hell.

Then I started to search the house and everything is in the right place and everyone is sleeping. And not it just seems like the sound wasn't real. And my guinea pigs didn't react.

But I'm still afraid. I mean the sound was REALLY loud and I thought my mom was hurt or something. So do anyone know if this could be a hallucination?

patriots88888
23-12-08, 03:22
Have you been sleeping well lately, are you really tired ATM, are you under a lot of stress lately? My guess is that you just imagined it because of these possible symptoms. The human mind can play all sorts of tricks on you like this from lack of sleep.

ivannnnn
23-12-08, 03:25
Cause I just heard someone falling INSIDE my house

Someone falling? :confused:

so there's someone just fell? :confused:

Betal
23-12-08, 03:26
Have you been sleeping well lately, are you really tired ATM, are you under a lot of stress lately? My guess is that you just imagined it because of these possible symptoms. The human mind can play all sorts of tricks on you like this from lack of sleep.

Yeah I have insomnia so I don't get very much sleep anymore. So I guess that's the problem.

Wow... Scaaary.. :O

Someone falling? :confused:

so there's someone just fell? :confused:

No like someone trips. Or more like if someone falls down the stairs and then at the end hit the wall. And the only thing I could hear was when that person hits the wall. It was like BAAAM really loud.

IceColdLaraCroft
23-12-08, 03:28
maybe Father Christmas came early :P

EmeraldFields
23-12-08, 03:28
Auditory Hallucinations (http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/auditory_hallucinations.htm)

Yep, they can happen to anyone.:) There are also taste hallucinations as well.

spikejones
23-12-08, 03:35
i used to live in a house that whenever it was windy/stormy, i could swear that I heard people walking around in the attic we didn't have. whats even creepier is when im half asleep (not quite fallen asleep yet) I sometimes hear a womans voice calling my name.

Betal
23-12-08, 03:46
Then it had to be a Hallucination. I'm going to get sleeping pills soon. I hope I never get this again. It was terrible.

patriots88888
23-12-08, 03:49
Then it had to be a Hallucination. I'm going to get sleeping pills soon. I hope I never get this again. It was terrible.

Not to sound like a parent or anything, but just be really careful with that. Even with sleeping pills that say they are non-addictive, it is still possible to become dependent on them regardless.

Betal
23-12-08, 03:52
Not to sound like a parent or anything, but just be really careful with that. Even with sleeping pills that say they are non-addictive, it is still possible to become dependent on them regardless.

I have to try. I usually get around 2-4 hours sleep every night. And it's just not enough and I'm going crazy soon if I don't get more sleep.

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-12-08, 04:04
Maybe someone's got a TV on?

Betal
23-12-08, 04:06
Maybe someone's got a TV on?

It was around 4 am (5 am now) . And both before and after that it was all quiet. And it sounded so real. Not like a tv. Really hard to explain.

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-12-08, 04:07
That's creepy. :( Sometimes our imaginations are really good at playing tricks on us, though.

spikejones
23-12-08, 04:28
I have to try. I usually get around 2-4 hours sleep every night. And it's just not enough and I'm going crazy soon if I don't get more sleep.

if that is all you are physically capable of sleeping, you should probably seek a doctor's opinion. I wouldn't discout hallucinations, both auditory and optical at all. The body needs sleep to regulate the flow of chemicals/hormones. Its documented fact that prolonged periods without ample rest will lead to hallucination. After about 72 hours it gets pretty rough.

ill add as a side note:
if you think that is creepy, imagine going through what I did during withdrawals from intentionally overdosing on OTC cold medication in order to get high. there would be several occasions when I would wake up during the middle of the night, clearly able to see what is going on around me, but totally unable to react in any fashion whatsoever. I could not speak nor move. I was in effect paralyzed. Except for the fact that my body would be trembling terribly. Almost like a seizure - but not as violent.

Betal
23-12-08, 13:49
if that is all you are physically capable of sleeping, you should probably seek a doctor's opinion. I wouldn't discout hallucinations, both auditory and optical at all. The body needs sleep to regulate the flow of chemicals/hormones. Its documented fact that prolonged periods without ample rest will lead to hallucination. After about 72 hours it gets pretty rough.

ill add as a side note:
if you think that is creepy, imagine going through what I did during withdrawals from intentionally overdosing on OTC cold medication in order to get high. there would be several occasions when I would wake up during the middle of the night, clearly able to see what is going on around me, but totally unable to react in any fashion whatsoever. I could not speak nor move. I was in effect paralyzed. Except for the fact that my body would be trembling terribly. Almost like a seizure - but not as violent.

Wow that's creepy.

Sometimes it has happened that I wake up in the middle of the night and starts to walk around and sometimes talk to myself. I'm awake but I can't control myself. I talked like it was two other persons talking to each other. So I sat in the floor in my bedroom and just talked... :0
Maybe I should tell my mom about these stuff. :p

Minty Mouth
23-12-08, 14:07
You could have actually been asleep. Just dreaming, you know how you drift off sometimes. Or maybe someone turned a TV on bya accident then off again, then went back to sleep.

Changeling
23-12-08, 14:09
ill add as a side note:

That's called Sleep Paralysis. :) A lot of people can get it, but I don't think anyone really knows why. I think it's something like your body is aware that you're awake but your brain isn't (or vice-versa) and it leads to the body being paralysed for a few moments. Some people even see hallucinations; the most common one is of an old Hag sitting on your chest and staring at you, causing trouble with your breathing.

Betal:
I've actually had a similar experience. It used to happen when I was little, and I used to get it quite often. I would do stuff like that and not know why, and it was almost like I could have no control over what I was doing, thinking, seeing, etc. It was so weird! I rarely get it now, though. I always used to call it a 'Fever' when I was little :p Don't know why because I knew what the definition of a fever was and that definitely wasn't it, but I named it that nonetheless. :p I have no idea to this day what used to cause it.

petujaymz
23-12-08, 14:12
I keep hearing things on this forum...

Every now and again random jungle sounds start playing.

:wve:

Changeling
23-12-08, 14:14
I keep hearing things on this forum...

Every now and again random jungle sounds start playing.

:wve:

lol that's due to an advertisement. There's a topic somewhere on here about it. :D

Dark Lugia 2
23-12-08, 14:16
Ooo, one time I thought I heard glass shattering, it was really loud too, I was so scared! Never happened since though.

Titanium
23-12-08, 14:47
Yeah I had a few, sometimes when going to sleep, I would hear a loud sound out nowhere. I sort of start dreaming before I even to go to sleep.

Betal
23-12-08, 15:01
You could have actually been asleep. Just dreaming, you know how you drift off sometimes. Or maybe someone turned a TV on bya accident then off again, then went back to sleep.

I was standing in my room to wash out my make up. So I wasn't asleep :p
And it wasn't a TV. too loud and realistic. And my guniea pigs kept eating. And if the sound was real they would hide in the house.

Betal:
I've actually had a similar experience. It used to happen when I was little, and I used to get it quite often. I would do stuff like that and not know why, and it was almost like I could have no control over what I was doing, thinking, seeing, etc. It was so weird! I rarely get it now, though. I always used to call it a 'Fever' when I was little :p Don't know why because I knew what the definition of a fever was and that definitely wasn't it, but I named it that nonetheless. :p I have no idea to this day what used to cause it.

Yeah it's so scary when that happens. :S

Ooo, one time I thought I heard glass shattering, it was really loud too, I was so scared! Never happened since though.

That happened once when I was 8 and watched a movie with my sister. But she didn't hear it. o.O

TRfan23
23-12-08, 16:21
I remember when I got some audio hallucinations during the night, but I got the same one in like 3-4 nights in a row. A bloody washing Machine! But it wasn't loud loud, rather quiet! I could still hear it when I was speaking. Bloody scary!
So I went into my parents bedroom and asked if the washing machine was on :vlol: This was like 11:30 at night! Obviously it wasn't on!

I've had numerous hallucinations in my life, mostly after my open heart surgery about 4 years back! One of them freaked my mum out as she was sleeping in a spare bed next to me after I came out of intensive care ;) Well she was awake reading her book, then just about to doze off. I was asleep, but my mum said I got up and stood straight on the bed.
I could never have done that, especially with a large scar down my chest, because I remember when I tried to stand up straight normally and my scar hurt like hell! But whilst I was asleep I did this, and my mum said I kept on saying "I need to go, I need to go!" So she assumed I needed the toilet, the dream I had was a matter of waking up and not waking up, by some stupid witch! :( Then I woke, up seeing my mum grabbing hold of me, and I panicked and thought she was attcking me, so I stormed out of my bed and a nurse came and helped me. It wasn't my mums fault though the nurse blamed my mum :mad:

*sighs* Talk about the morphine I was on! Plus a dozen other drugs :( I'll never become a drug addict seeing as I know by hell what it's like to take strong drugs! :tmb:

ill add as a side note:

Yeh my English teacher went through this in class, he talks about everything and he rocks every other teacher in the school, in terms of personalty :D

Sleep paralysis is nothing serious I think? Unless in a fire... Like Changeling said and she's right. Your brain thinks your still asleep so it locks your whole body. But you yourself knows that your awake. My teacher said that's what your brain does when your asleep, to make sure you don't move about or go crazy during the night in your sleep. I've never had it before but my teacher knows someone else who has ;)

Goose
23-12-08, 16:31
Yea iv heard loud bangs before, a few times which are nothing, i could have sworn they were real, but its usually when i'm just between sleeping and awake. Sometimes iv been in bed trying to sleep and iv heard, and been fully awake.

Weird stuff. Its annoying how it gets the heart going, making it harder to sleep.

spikejones
23-12-08, 17:09
I remember when I got some audio hallucinations during the night, but I got the same one in like 3-4 nights in a row. A bloody washing Machine! But it wasn't loud loud, rather quiet! I could still hear it when I was speaking. Bloody scary!
So I went into my parents bedroom and asked if the washing machine was on :vlol: This was like 11:30 at night! Obviously it wasn't on!

I've had numerous hallucinations in my life, mostly after my open heart surgery about 4 years back! One of them freaked my mum out as she was sleeping in a spare bed next to me after I came out of intensive care ;) Well she was awake reading her book, then just about to doze off. I was asleep, but my mum said I got up and stood straight on the bed.
I could never have done that, especially with a large scar down my chest, because I remember when I tried to stand up straight normally and my scar hurt like hell! But whilst I was asleep I did this, and my mum said I kept on saying "I need to go, I need to go!" So she assumed I needed the toilet, the dream I had was a matter of waking up and not waking up, by some stupid witch! :( Then I woke, up seeing my mum grabbing hold of me, and I panicked and thought she was attcking me, so I stormed out of my bed and a nurse came and helped me. It wasn't my mums fault though the nurse blamed my mum :mad:

*sighs* Talk about the morphine I was on! Plus a dozen other drugs :( I'll never become a drug addict seeing as I know by hell what it's like to take strong drugs! :tmb:

Yeh my English teacher went through this in class, he talks about everything and he rocks every other teacher in the school, in terms of personalty :D

Sleep paralysis is nothing serious I think? Unless in a fire... Like Changeling said and she's right. Your brain thinks your still asleep so it locks your whole body. But you yourself knows that your awake. My teacher said that's what your brain does when your asleep, to make sure you don't move about or go crazy during the night in your sleep. I've never had it before but my teacher knows someone else who has ;)

well... the main active ingredient in most cold medication is:
Dextromethorphan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan)(DXM as it is commonly referred to by druggies, others have gone through a process of refining the DXM out of the medication so that it is more pure.. they sometimes call this "Dream"). Anyhow, the stuff is dissociative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_drug) by nature, it separates the body from the mind. When taken in small doses it does its job of "soothing" the cold symptoms by dissociating that sensation from the mind. Taken in much larger doses it leads to auditory and visual hallucinations (there were a few days were I felt as though I was walking around in a coloring book, due to the appearance of the colors). The stuff is addictive though, so I wouldnt recommend it (or any other drug for that matter). drugs are bad for you.

so any how.. what I was getting to was that I whole heartedly believe that during these withdrawals my system was still quite full of the chemical and I beleive that it was that which induced such "sleep paralysis". I didnt see any "hags" or anything though. But it was quite scary at the time considering that I was in jail and anything could have happened during those periods, leaving me utterly defenseless.

TRfan23
23-12-08, 17:21
well... the main active ingredient in most cold medication is:
Dextromethorphan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan)(DXM as it is commonly referred to by druggies, others have gone through a process of refining the DXM out of the medication so that it is more pure.. they sometimes call this "Dream"). Anyhow, the stuff is dissociative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_drug) by nature, it separates the body from the mind. When taken in small doses it does its job of "soothing" the cold symptoms by dissociating that sensation from the mind. Taken in much larger doses it leads to auditory and visual hallucinations (there were a few days were I felt as though I was walking around in a coloring book, due to the appearance of the colors). The stuff is addictive though, so I wouldnt recommend it (or any other drug for that matter). drugs are bad for you.

so any how.. what I was getting to was that I whole heartedly believe that during these withdrawals my system was still quite full of the chemical and I beleive that it was that which induced such "sleep paralysis". I didnt see any "hags" or anything though. But it was quite scary at the time considering that I was in jail and anything could have happened during those periods, leaving me utterly defenseless.

Drugs are mean :(

Sometimes I think whether some drugs psychologically cure you? Like depression pills.

Changeling
23-12-08, 18:03
May I ask you a question, Betal? When you used to do that thing where you would talk to yourself, did you ever get this sort of... really weird feeling? It's hard to explain... whenever something like that happened to me, I just had this feeling like... gah, I dunno! It was just a really weird feeling. It was sort of like you were on the borderline between a dream and reality and everything was just really strange. I also used to get really hot when it happened.

Just wondering, because I've never known anyone up until now who's experienced this before apart from me, and it's interesting to know that I'm not the only one who went through stuff like this. :p

dizzydoil
23-12-08, 18:22
Oooo. I get these all the time! Especially loud music playing :p. I'm like WHAT turn it down! .. "Turn what down Dale?" .. o.O!! XD It's cool - I like them.

TRfan23
23-12-08, 18:33
May I ask you a question, Betal? When you used to do that thing where you would talk to yourself, did you ever get this sort of... really weird feeling? It's hard to explain... whenever something like that happened to me, I just had this feeling like... gah, I dunno! It was just a really weird feeling. It was sort of like you were on the borderline between a dream and reality and everything was just really strange. I also used to get really hot when it happened.

Just wondering, because I've never known anyone up until now who's experienced this before apart from me, and it's interesting to know that I'm not the only one who went through stuff like this. :p

Sometimes I get the feeling of panicking! So I dart out my bed into my parents room blurting out random things. Until I come to reality and say I'm seeing weird things and I feel weird. Well Something like that... Though your asking Betal...

TombRaiderLover
23-12-08, 18:37
Oooo. I get these all the time! Especially loud music playing :p. I'm like WHAT turn it down! .. "Turn what down Dale?" .. o.O!! XD It's cool - I like them.

Your name is Dale?!

Camera Obscura
23-12-08, 18:50
whats even creepier is when im half asleep (not quite fallen asleep yet) I sometimes hear a womans voice calling my name.

The same used to happen to me except I would hear a "WAKE UP!" and it scared me ****less since it happened when i was home alone.

Archetype
23-12-08, 18:57
I had something similar a while back, kept hearing the noise when you unlock an achievement on the Xbox 360.

As for the insomnia part, chamomile tea.. peppermint tea are good for that. There's a few other solutions as well, but take some time to wind down before you go to bed every night.

Betal
23-12-08, 19:07

I kinda understand what you mean. Yeah it's hard to explain. But it's a really strange almost scary feeling. :S

Lew
23-12-08, 19:22
OMG I know what you mean, some nights I hear the cupboard doors bang but no ones awake except me, always happens at 12-1. Now i've just got use to it but then i heard the loudest bang ever coming from the attic above me so naturally i **** myself (not literally) and stayed awake all night just waiting for something to come down but I didn't want to wake anyone.

Changeling
24-12-08, 12:08
lol I just remembered. I've had quite a funny experience with what I thought was an auditory hallucination. :p

It was when I was on a residential musical theatre course. I decided to go to my bed early because I was quite tired, but I was woken up by female voices singing the song 'Dream Girls'. I couldn't determine where it was coming from, and it seemed to be on a loop. I looked out my window; nothing. I looked outside in my corridor; nothing. It was like every time I got out of my bed the sound would get further and further away. Eventually, by ignoring it, I got to sleep and everything was fine. I woke up the next morning and was telling some of my friends about it, and they said to me, "Um... there was no one singing that song last night... O_o Everyone was in bed by that time." I actually became quite scared. I even started to question my sanity! XD But then it turned out that the girls I was talking to about it were rehearsing for a Cabaret Show we were going to and that they were the ones singing it, and they just played a little joke on me. :p Quite freaky though. XD

Another one happened last night. I was watching a DVD on my laptop, and then I started to hear a song. It sounded like it was coming from behind my wardrobe, or somewhere around there, but everytime I looked the music faded away. I had no idea where it was coming from, and I thought that maybe my iPod was really loud and it had fallen down the back of my wardrobe or something, but I looked and it wasn't there... turned out that it was my phone, which was in my pocket, because I hadn't locked the keypad and it had triggered music. XD

NympHadorA
24-12-08, 15:20
Auditory Hallucinations (http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/auditory_hallucinations.htm)

Yep, they can happen to anyone.:) There are also taste hallucinations as well.

Yes, I've heard like this, too. :)