PDA

View Full Version : Chosing your Equipment

KIKO
23-12-08, 21:44
Ok so here's how the *Before starting level definitions* should be:

1- Outfit
Choose one from the outfits that you have unlocked or the ones that exit from the very begining.

2- Acessories
Hats: Choose from the avaliable hats, the rest you need to unlock.
Sunglasses: Choose the red glasses or nothing, the black or TRA glasses unlock later by collecting secrets.
Backpack: Choose the brown or black backpack, unlock others later.
Boots: Black or Brown, unlock other type of boots later
Hair: Ponytail, Braid or TR1 alike.
Jackets: Choose from the selected ones or not, they're optional like the glasses and hats.

And your choices will affect the gameplay, for example. You would need to choose proper boots for snowy landscapes or you would end up slipping most of the time.
Jackets, if it's a cold environment it should start decreasing the health bar for hypothermia reasons.
Outfits, again in a cold environment, if you choose for example the bikini outfit :p it should decrease your health for hypothermia reasons even faster than without a jacket.

3- Weapons/ Gadgets
From the weapons that you have found so far/ gadgets, you are not obbliged to transport all of them, not for matters of space but for your own interest, since there's people who don't like all of those weapons and gadgets that could prove to be useless. However it will also provide a little thing which is:
It's required for example the grapple and you didn't take it with you so you need to find something to replace it so you can move forward on the level. Beware that there might not be anything to replace it and it will make you repeat the level to carry the grapple again.

And there could be more stuff, CD just needs to think. And it would be very cool to choose your equipment, I bear in mind that this isn't Sims but to end complainings and for more challenge this just be implemented IMO.

Eddie Haskell
23-12-08, 22:00
Ok so here's how the *Before starting level definitions* should be:

1- Outfit
Choose one from the outfits that you have unlocked or the ones that exit from the very begining.

2- Acessories
Sunglasses: Choose the red glasses or nothing, the black or TRA glasses unlock later by collecting secrets.
Jackets: Choose from the selected ones or not, they're optional like the glasses and hats.

And your choices will affect the gameplay, for example. You would need to choose proper boots for snowy landscapes or you would end up slipping most of the time.
Jackets, if it's a cold environment it should start decreasing the health bar for hypothermia reasons.
Outfits, again in a cold environment, if you choose for example the bikini outfit :p it should decrease your health for hypothermia reasons even faster than without a jacket.

3- Weapons/ Gadgets
From the weapons that you have found so far/ gadgets, you are not obbliged to transport all of them, not for matters of space but for your own interest, since there's people who don't like all of those weapons and gadgets that could prove to be useless. However it will also provide a little thing which is:
It's required for example the grapple and you didn't take it with you so you need to find something to replace it so you can move forward on the level. Beware that there might not be anything to replace it and it will make you repeat the level to carry the grapple again.

And there could be more stuff, CD just needs to think. And it would be very cool to choose your equipment, I bear in mind that this isn't Sims but to end complainings and for more challenge this just be implemented IMO.

What would an adventurer carry with them when they know not what types of obstacles await them? They cannot carry everything of course. So,they carry the most versatile tools that they can. Specialty items would only be brought along if their use was a required element. Such as knowing that perfectly placed metal rings were prepositioned ages ago for the use of a future magnetic grapple...;)

Multipurpose and multisurface is the answer. A real grappling device that actually adheres to diverse surfaces would be the tool of choice.

Hyper_Crazy
23-12-08, 22:22
2- Acessories

What is this, the Sims?

Kevin
23-12-08, 22:31
I'm not fond of this 'choose waepon' option as it was in Underworld. I mean it was completely useless as you were able to change to any other weapon during the game.

I want to collect the weapons again like in Anniversary. Same for ammo. :)

Tombraiderx08
23-12-08, 22:33
it sounds very time consuming, im grateful that we can choose alternate outfits

KIKO
23-12-08, 22:33
What would an adventurer carry with them when they know not what types of obstacles await them? They cannot carry everything of course. So,they carry the most versatile tools that they can. Specialty items would only be brought along if their use was a required element. Such as knowing that perfectly placed metal rings were prepositioned ages ago for the use of a future magnetic grapple...;)

Multipurpose and multisurface is the answer. A real grappling device that actually adheres to diverse surfaces would be the tool of choice.

And those versatile tools you talk about could be up to the players, who control's Lara ? I think it should be a player decision.

What is this, the Sims?

Well everyone talks about ponytail, braid, etc... Why not having the choice of choosing between them ?
For the glasses, some like her red glasses, other's like the AOD glasses, they're only acessories what's so bad about them ?

I'm not fond of this 'choose waepon' option as it was in Underworld. I mean it was completely useless as you were able to change to any other weapon during the game.

I want to collect the weapons again like in Anniversary. Same for ammo. :)

And it could be that way but from the weapons that you have collected you can choose to only cary a few or just one.