PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 cheat console not working.

croft94
27-12-08, 18:59
Without cheats on Sims 2 I'm doomed:(

When I try to bring up the cheat console

ctrl + shifht + c

nothing really happens

I tried many times but sometimes it only takes snapshots!

Yes I'm 100% sure my keyboard works, and that I'm pressing them in correct order.

(I have the same problem with spore:()

Raziel66
27-12-08, 19:18
Some programs are using exactly the same key shortcuts as The Sims 2. Try to close programs like ICQ or MSN or some other programs.Then it will work :)

EDIT: I have searched our czech TS2 forums and I found that "Cursor XP" program and some Hewlett Packard (printer) programs are using this shortcut.

Jinkss
27-12-08, 19:32
This has happened to me a few times too, and I just restarted the computer. I think what Raziel mentioned might be right though.

croft94
27-12-08, 20:05
When I press those keys on windows, I get the HP health check.

Is there anyway I can disable that shortcut?

BTW thanks for the replies

Raziel66
27-12-08, 20:32
When I press those keys on windows, I get the HP health check.

Is there anyway I can disable that shortcut?

BTW thanks for the replies

Ha! so HP is causing trouble :D Press ctrl+alt+delete and click on the Processes bookmark,then find a process named hp***.exe and press delete and then Yes. (The process should be named for example hphch.exe or hphltchck.exe or something like that, it must start with hp letters and end with exe).I am closing these HP processes everytime I turn on my computer,because they are "eating" performance.

croft94
27-12-08, 22:33
Ha! so HP is causing trouble :D Press ctrl+alt+delete and click on the Processes bookmark,then find a process named hp***.exe and press delete and then Yes. (The process should be named for example hphch.exe or hphltchck.exe or something like that, it must start with hp letters and end with exe).I am closing these HP processes everytime I turn on my computer,because they are "eating" performance.

The will be back next time I boot right? Cause idk they maybe security related or sumthing:confused:

Raziel66
28-12-08, 09:25
The will be back next time I boot right? Cause idk they maybe security related or sumthing:confused:

Yes it will start again next time you turn on your PC

spikejones
28-12-08, 10:04
hp health check is not important really. just a resource hog IMO. my PC gets along just fine without any kind of OEM monitoring software. you can safely kill it by using autoruns (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx)

read the website linked there for directions on how to use the system. you'll want to reboot after making changes. just dont go messing with things you don't know about though.

croft94
28-12-08, 18:43
I turned off all HP stuff, the health check is not there anymore, and yet the cheat console is not working.

EscondeR
29-12-08, 09:54
^ Stick to this advice, then reboot your PC and try the console:
hp health check is not important really. just a resource hog IMO. my PC gets along just fine without any kind of OEM monitoring software. you can safely kill it by using autoruns (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx)

read the website linked there for directions on how to use the system. you'll want to reboot after making changes. just dont go messing with things you don't know about though.