PDA

View Full Version : E.T. 20th Anniversary Edition

tlr online
01-05-04, 23:27
Well I finally got E.T. 20th Anniversary Edition and I cant recommend it enough. John Williams, who composed the score, conducted his orchestra live during a special 20th Anniversary screening! All the actors and actresses attended, as did director Steven Spielberg and producer Kathleen Kennedy. You can chose whether to listen to the original soundtrack on the DVD or the special edition live version. The live version is outstanding, as the microphone also picks up the audience laughing during the comical parts of the movie. Anyone who enjoyed E.T the first time round will absolutely adore this new version. Spielberg also touched up E.T. and included many more special effects he said hed wished hed done the first time round. E.Ts spaceship looks outstanding. On the DVD is interviews with the cast. Henry Thomas, who played Elliot and Drew Barrymore as his younger sister Gertie. Also interviews with the other cast members, and what E.T. meant to the world when it first screened back in 1982.

Simulation
01-05-04, 23:30
Originally posted by tlr online:
Spielberg also touched up E.T. and included many more special effects he said hed wished hed done the first time round.http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

TheEveningStar
01-05-04, 23:36
I got it when it first came out, and I got it because it was a classic and It was one of the first movies i ever saw. Good movie. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

marionf
01-05-04, 23:37
1982? Jeeez, so long ago? Just remembered like yesterday, the tears also.... :( Such a great movie.....and I loves ET from the beginning! I know a second part isn't always good, but sometimes I wish......... :D

Mark Garcia
01-05-04, 23:39
I loved ET, I got the DVD when it came out. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

RobBo
01-05-04, 23:45
Did anyone notice the ET references in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace?

tlr online
01-05-04, 23:46
Originally posted by RobBo:
Did anyone notice the ET references in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace?No. Not at all. I had no idea..... do tell.

RobBo
01-05-04, 23:55
Well, it comes from the fact that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg are great friends...they admire each other immensely.

They also delight in making little pastiches of each other's work...for example, in Bladerunner (Spielberg) there is a building shaped like the Millenium Falcon.......

In SWE1 there are two scenes, one where a troop of little aliens march past camera (they are all ETs!) and the second is in the Senate Chamber, while Amidala is whinging about her planet being invaded and she calls for a vote of no confidence...as the camera pans up, a trio of wookies start kicking off and above them is....ET!

tlr online
01-05-04, 23:59
Very cool. I'm going to have to watch The Phantom Menace again!

RobBo
02-05-04, 00:02
....and BladeRunner I'll wager! ;)

Neteru
02-05-04, 09:26
Originally posted by RobBo:
...in Bladerunner (Spielberg) there is a building shaped like the Millenium Falcon.......Bladerunner was directed by Ridley Scott ;)

[EDIT] The soundtrack famously by Vangelis of course.

[ 02. May 2004, 10:27: Message edited by: Neteru ]