PDA

View Full Version : could you "live" without the following...

Lee croft
13-01-09, 21:49
mobile phone, Any games console of any kind!!!, internet or i-pod ?

personally if you asked me this two years ago i would have said hell no!! but i remember when my ps2 broke down i didnt get one till 4-6months later so i could live with out that but i would miss my tomb raider !!!! internet i dont think i could i-pod no no no i need it, it's a must!!! and phone well i dont need cridit but i do need it for people to contact me incase of an emrgancies

please close if need be!

EmeraldFields
13-01-09, 21:49
Yes.:)

Logie 12 =]
13-01-09, 21:50
the internet.

i think i would probably die xD

Titanium
I couldnt live without that lot except i-pod.

VonCroy360
I'd live, but I would be extremely annoyed if they just disappeared one day. XD

Terra Inclined
Totally.

touchthesky
13-01-09, 21:52
I could. I love reading as much, I'd just read my life away.

IceColdLaraCroft
13-01-09, 21:53
I do all the time it's called sleeping :)

TRfan23
13-01-09, 21:53
Internet yeh I can live without for a bit perhaps, gets me out the house without lol. Ipod yeh only because I don't own one lol, but MP3 no way I love it to bits, music is everything!

Hate mobiles, boring lol. PS3 possibly... It all depends on what I feel like at the time lol. Just MP3 player I couldn't live without lol.

I used to be scared of not going to bed at a certain time, and used to love sleeping. Now I hate it so much!

irjudd
13-01-09, 21:54
Of course, but it wouldn't be enjoyable living.

Lee croft
13-01-09, 21:55

hmm i think you read it wrong! i meant if you didnt have these things ever!!

Nemo_91
13-01-09, 21:56
Everyone could, I guess. Life would be more boring though.

tombraiderluka
13-01-09, 21:57
I couldn't live without internet and music, and also my parents and a few friends :D
I could live without some alleged friends and teachers though :mis:

Angelus
13-01-09, 21:58

Do you mean if they never existed? If so, we wouldn't miss them because they never existed. :p

Fallen.Angel
13-01-09, 21:58
Technically speaking yes.. those things don't make my life functionable. Food, oxygen, etc do. xD

In all seriousness though, it would be a REALLY boring life... I find myself on the internet almost everyday. As with TV and movies.

IceColdLaraCroft
13-01-09, 22:00

No i read it right lol.

If I were never going to be able to use any of them again...yes.

I would adapt.

TRhalloween
13-01-09, 22:00
I was in a similar position. When my PS2 broke I nearly died. I wanted to play it (especially for Legend) so badly!
I couldn't live without the internet either.

CoreLara
13-01-09, 22:01
Mobile phone - Yes, I rarely use mine, even if it is a Nokia N95 :p
Games - Kind of... :D
Internet - What?! NO!!
iPod - Don't have one :p

Lee croft
13-01-09, 22:09
Do you mean if they never existed? If so, we wouldn't miss them because they never existed. :p

no thats not what i meant if you just didnt have them e.g. they were taken away from you

No i read it right lol.

If I were never going to be able to use any of them again...yes.

I would adapt.

oh ok haha maybe i read your comment wrong!

Love2Raid
13-01-09, 22:15
Yup, I could. But it would be hard though :p

Geck-o-Lizard
13-01-09, 22:16
Internet - no. My future jobs will rely on it...

Larapink
13-01-09, 22:19
I could live without my mobile, internet, games console and ipod. But I use these on a daily basis so it would be hard for a little while to adapt to living without these material things.

TR93
13-01-09, 22:21
Probably not without the net...the only place where I can chat to friends about anything:)...
Not my MP3...I need music to live...:D

Games Consoles...yes...mobile...definatly can live without it;)

Changeling
13-01-09, 22:26
Off course I'd be able to live without those things, but my life would be incredibly boring. :p

Lenochka
13-01-09, 22:27
My Zune (or any mp3 player)!

I need music to function lmao

tombofwinston
13-01-09, 22:27
Probbably Computer:)

Lara croft:"Hey wheres my computer ipod stereo my car my wardrobe bed and my house and my pistols"
-Hears someone speaking german-
Lara:"Von Croy":p

Voni
13-01-09, 22:42
THERE IS NO LIFE WITHOUT INTERNET!

Ahem.

I could live without all of them, especially iPods as I don't own one. But it's suck pretty hard.

Regulator
13-01-09, 22:44
I wouldn't be without the internet.

I need my MP3 to help me focus,keep me entertain,help be in the mood,etc...

I need game consoles. Videogames help me with my imagination.

da tomb raider!
13-01-09, 22:44
I could live without the lot, except my Dreamcast and PS2!

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-01-09, 22:46
Noooope.

siouxsiecrux
13-01-09, 23:12
I do not have a mobile phone so I already live with that, I don't have an Ipod so I cope with that. But not having the internet probably not, although I guess it would not be hard. Living without my Xbox 360 is easy, as I already do it.

woody543
13-01-09, 23:14
if i gave up my ipod could i still listen to it on pc because then i could get rid of my ipod

i could maybe do without a games console, but not the internet, or my mobile

rickybazire
13-01-09, 23:32
Phone, PC, Internet, iPod.

Phone - Contact people.
PC - Work and various other bits and pieces.
Internet - TRF and other bits and pieces.
iPod - Have to listen to music when I'm out, I find I go 'empty' if I don't.

So no, not really, I can't live without any of those things.

:cln:

spikejones
13-01-09, 23:33
most soytanly can. howdya think the caveman did it? if you think about it, are you truly "living" if you stay glued to a piece of technology all day every day? Nay I say. To truly live you have to get out and do stuff. Enjoy your life by pushing it to the limits. As they say ..... "live life to the fullest", and "Carpe Diem". I havent heard anyone famous say "carpe PS3".

SamReeves
13-01-09, 23:50
Can I live without those cconveniences, yes? Would I like it? No.

The internet would be the last straw for myself. I don't subscribe to newspapers, and the free papers only come out once a week. Not having the news online would be a real pain.

Lew
13-01-09, 23:51
Nope, I could live without a games console tho.

just croft
14-01-09, 00:04
Internet probably... I've become adicted to information :p

ThatNorskChick
14-01-09, 00:05
I honestly wish all of those things didn't ever exist. :p

digitizedboy
14-01-09, 00:07
yeah, it would be nice to have a life outside of the Internet. No.. seriously though, I rely on the net for many things such as news, info, music, keeping in touch with close friends..etc..

As for the other things, I rarely use. I mean sometimes I hardly even notice when my mobile is low and needs charging.

Tihocan9
14-01-09, 00:08
Yes, do I want to no but I mean people lived for thousands of years without them so I am sure I could manage. But it would be inconvenient, especially no internet it isn't just for pleasure it is for work as well.

Paddy
14-01-09, 00:09
If you cant live without games or internet then you got problems.
Mobile phone it depends on the situation, can be handy if youre in distress.

Hairhelmet12
14-01-09, 02:45
Oh man, i would live, but i would be bored a LOT i remember when i was younger when we never had a computer, i dident know what the Internet was! lmfao!!! if i could go back in time and see my self then, lol...i couldent live without music, when i get really mad i just listen to my music, alwase calms me down! and without video game?! lol i cant imagine myself without video game. lol

If you cant live without games or internet then you got problems.
Mobile phone it depends on the situation, can be handy if youre in distress.

Lmfao how Judgmental Of you. but i can see where your coming from, if you cant go 1 day or a few hours without interwebs then you do have problems, but people Play game lmfao i doubt you go a day without useing interwebs or playing videogames. if you say you do your just lieing.

MattTR
14-01-09, 02:51
I guess I could live without it, but it would be a boring life for me.. I'd be more social I guess.. :p

They did it 20 years ago, why couldn't I do it now? It would probably make us focus on other stuff.

oocladableeblah
14-01-09, 02:52
I could live without all of them except a phone. I need a phone i need some sort of communication with people.

ajrich17901
14-01-09, 03:05
Yea i can live without all that lol, friends and other things are more important

MattTR
14-01-09, 03:11
Yea i can live without all that lol, friends and other things are more important

True that, brotha! :D

Benguitar
14-01-09, 05:27
Yep I could

-Chromeo-
14-01-09, 05:42
100%, I already think there are way more important things,
and I've been through not having any of those, and after a week I started getting used to it.
=D

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-09, 05:42
Gotta have my internet, wacom tablet CS3, video games, and phone (but tbh I could do without it if I wasn't in a long distance relationship). That's my essentials list. I owned an ipod for less than a month and returned it because I never used it enough. :p

Ikas90
14-01-09, 05:53
I could live without all of them except the internet. The internet is a need for me.

ShadyCroft
14-01-09, 06:29
Well, I could live without them all except the mobile phone and the internet for obvious reasons.

But I can take a long break from either of them. I did and I wasn't bothered.

CuteKittenlol
14-01-09, 06:51
Internet - Nope. I need it to talk to my boyfriend, i also need it for the phone line that goes through it, so i can call my boyfriend for free ^_^
Mobile phone - Uhhh..yes if i needed to, but i'd miss it alot XD
Game console - Atm yeah because i haven't played a game for about a week. Other times, probably not because i'd be bored out my brains x_x
iPod - Yeah, could definitely live without that because i don't have one XD And even if i did then i still would be able to, i have an MP3 player (a good one aswell) and i don't really use it all that much, unless im going to town alone which isnt that often..and even then i'd cope without it XD

rowanlim
14-01-09, 07:20
In descending order of necessity: Internet > mobile phone

I don't have any game console.

coolaideonfire
14-01-09, 07:53
Probably. I don't really use my mobile phone, so I could definitely live without that. I'm not a massive gamer (only play The Sims and TR really) so I could learn to live without them, I don't even play too regularly anyway. I have an mp3 player but like my mobile phone it just sits around collecting dust... I only use it when I'm travelling so I could probably live without that too!

I'm not sure I could live without internet access too comfortably. It's really integrated in our lives now isn't it?

TRUgamer
14-01-09, 07:56
Yep, but it would be annoying not to play TR or any other games anymore.

FAN_NO_1
14-01-09, 07:58
Without Internet ? Its impossible to me :D

Paddy
14-01-09, 08:03
Oh man, i would live, but i would be bored a LOT i remember when i was younger when we never had a computer, i dident know what the Internet was! lmfao!!! if i could go back in time and see my self then, lol...i couldent live without music, when i get really mad i just listen to my music, alwase calms me down! and without video game?! lol i cant imagine myself without video game. lol

Lmfao how Judgmental Of you. but i can see where your coming from, if you cant go 1 day or a few hours without interwebs then you do have problems, but people Play game lmfao i doubt you go a day without useing interwebs or playing videogames. if you say you do your just lieing.
Lol didnt mean to come across as judgmental but I dont regret saying it.

CerebralAssassin
14-01-09, 08:12
internett?ipod?console?yeah...I can live without em...I've lived without 'em before and I can live without 'em again if I have to!:p

the phone though,as someone else pointed out,can come in handy in emergencies so...

..and music,now that's something I can't live without:cln:

Drone
14-01-09, 10:00
I could live on island without everything. Only water, food and fun/adventures. It's all I need

:wve:

george_croft
14-01-09, 10:23
As long as you don't take my credit card away from me, I'll survive.

Betal
14-01-09, 10:25
iPod, mobile phone and internet. That's what I need to live. :p

Archetype
14-01-09, 11:29
can live without an ipod and a mobile phone ( ****ing hate phones ).

Games and internet.. no, they're my bread and water.

TRenTIs
14-01-09, 11:33
I'm sure I wouldn't stop living if all these things just disappeared.

Shark_Blade
14-01-09, 11:34
Sure. :)

RAID
14-01-09, 11:36
I could live without those things, but that would be boring. Especially without a good console ;)

tomkat
14-01-09, 11:41
Yeah, I didnt have a cellphone 'till about 20 :)
I didnt have my own PC till about 4 years ago
(I still dont have a console)
iPod... got one like 2 years ago now.

By now I think I can live without all of those, even my PC. I love my PC. I work on it, play on it... but I take holidays away from technology whenever I can

Lara Croft!
14-01-09, 11:41
I could live without ipod, video games etc. It would be really difficult to not use my mobile, though!

Punaxe
14-01-09, 14:45
Of course, but it wouldn't be enjoyable living.

This. Well, it wouldn't be as enjoayble.

Kerrigan
14-01-09, 14:49
Of course I would.It would be inconvenient not have a mobile phone, and less entertaining to live without Internet, but I'd surely survive.