PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever broke something expensive?

MattTR
14-01-09, 02:49
Well.. this is really freaking stupid I know, but I was charging my digital camera as I was putting in the plug my arm knocked it into the toilet, there goes my brand new $200 Exilm Casio camera.. the one which took absolutely beautiful pictures.. well I'm looking for a new one because I do/did Larson cosplay and love taking self portraits of myself.. yeah, I'm a beautiful boy and need lots and lots of pics! :cln: (JUST KIDDING!) :p

Anyways, have you ever lost or broken anything valuable? Doesn't have to be electronic. Make me feel better please! :D :hug:

And for anyone who wanted to see my beautiful camera, here's me taking my one of my many mirror pics with it..: *click* (http://i44.************/302uafm.jpg) :(

Plus my birthday's next month (on the 6th, mark your calenders!) so I'll get a new one soon, it better be soon! :(

Punaxe
14-01-09, 02:50
Actually not too long ago, I broke my $1000 Olympus camera by shooting in the rain. Does that help? :D

Hairhelmet12
14-01-09, 02:52
Umm, dont know cant remember about me, but My sister droped her cell phone in the toilet and she droped it in her soup (not in the same day or week) and My brother Jumped in a pool with his cell phone in his pocket. lol. i actually stupid of me, Trying to see how close my classes could bend together broke them! lmfao i couldent belave i did it. but that was a long time ago.lol

Mr.Burns
14-01-09, 02:52
Personally? Not really. A coworker of mine totalled my work truck. $25,000 down the tubes in less than a minute. :(

MattTR
14-01-09, 02:55
Actually not too long ago, I broke my $1000 Olympus camera by shooting in the rain. Does that help? :D

Yes, a bit, thanks! :hug:

Personally? Not really. A coworker of mine totalled my work truck. $25,000 down the tubes in less than a minute. :(

Ouch.. :( Well, at least you had insurance, right? Well you better have! :p

oocladableeblah
14-01-09, 02:55
Punny how could you? :p
Only thing I have broken is nothing. I can't remember anything that I have broken that is expensive.

ThatNorskChick
14-01-09, 02:59
Hah, I broke a camera once as well (which was about $300)...except I was trying to skateboard with it and dropped it on cement. Yeah, smart move, me. :)

Smog
14-01-09, 02:59
I almost ruined my old iPod when I took it to a beach in Dorset. In the middle of a storm. Next to some cliffs that were falling apart. Somehow, all I lost was the backlight. :p

ajrich17901
14-01-09, 03:00
>.> my ps1 back in the day it was like the end of the world lmao, and yes back in the day it was expensive:p

MattTR
14-01-09, 03:01
>.> my ps1 back in the day it was like the end of the world lmao, and yes back in the day it was expensive:p

I still got my old classic PS1, woot!

And I don't care what my momma says, I'm getting a new camera this weekend! My birthday's next month, why not? :D I NEED A NEW CAMERA UGH. :(

ajrich17901
14-01-09, 03:02
I still got my old classic PS1, woot!

And I don't care what my momma says, I'm getting a new camera this weekend! My birthday's next month, why not? :D I NEED A NEW CAMERA UGH. :(

I got my classic ps1 also... somewhere lol
Good look with gettin the new cam man =D

MattTR
14-01-09, 03:05
I got my classic ps1 also... somewhere lol
Good look with gettin the new cam man =D

Thanks bro! AHHH JJJ! :o

spikejones
14-01-09, 03:24
Well.. this is really freaking stupid I know, but I was charging my digital camera as I was putting in the plug my arm knocked it into the toilet, there goes my brand new $200 Exilm Casio camera.. the one which took absolutely beautiful pictures.. well I'm looking for a new one because I do/did Larson cosplay and love taking self portraits of myself.. yeah, I'm a beautiful boy and need lots and lots of pics! :cln: (JUST KIDDING!) :p

Anyways, have you ever lost or broken anything valuable? Doesn't have to be electronic. Make me feel better please! :D :hug:

And for anyone who wanted to see my beautiful camera, here's me taking my one of my many mirror pics with it..: *click* (http://i44.************/302uafm.jpg) :(

Plus my birthday's next month (on the 6th, mark your calenders!) so I'll get a new one soon, it better be soon! :(

perhaps the question of the century is "what on EARTH were you doing with your camera in the bathroom of all places?"

have I broken anything expensive? surely have.
more than one vehicle (mine as well as those not belonging to me :whi:)
punched a couple holes in a couple trailers with a fork-lift (company had to repair it) OOOOPS.
dropped a huge ass Sony Trinitron onto a brand new hard wood floor (broke both of them on that one) OOOOOPS >.< (I swear it was the other guys fault for not telling me which way he was gonna turn, so I dropped it. im definitely not a mind reader)
My leg
My arm
My foot
My nose
*on the note of hospitals, care to guess how expensive an EKG is?

Mr.Burns
14-01-09, 03:28
Yes, a bit, thanks! :hug:

Ouch.. :( Well, at least you had insurance, right? Well you better have! :p

Company vehicle. Still, it wasn't even a year old. The main thing is that my coworker wasn't hurt and he was wearing his seat belt. Which is fortunate since...

Going from this:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/filmdemon/Good-Truck.jpg

To this:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/filmdemon/Ouch-1.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/filmdemon/Ouch-2.jpg

Wear your seat belts folks :)

Camera Obscura
14-01-09, 03:48
Speaking of cars, I busted my mom's vehicle, even though I did everything humanly possible to avoid it.

I was driving down the road and this truck drove past the red light and turned onto the lane I was driving on. I was about to rear end him at full speed but I swerved at the last minute, spinning my car out of control and crashed into the sidewalk. No one was hurt and the car was in tact but the tires are crooked and both wheel axis + steering wheel are damaged. Worst of all the person in the truck kept driving, I don't even think he noticed the incident.

So there goes a few hundred if not thousand of dollars from my parents wallets thanks to me. Drivers today can be so careless. :(

spikejones
14-01-09, 04:10

indeed.. I was the witness who called in this one (http://www.allbusiness.com/medicine-health/medical-treatments-procedures/8235515-1.html):

Byline: Pat Kimbrough

Dec. 21--HIGH POINT -- An 8-year-old boy was killed Wednesday in a traffi c accident involving the day-care van in which he was a passenger.

Eight others, including five children, were injured, including one critically. Family members identi fied the victim as Miguel Canalous, a student at Northwood Elementary School in High Point.

Thecrash took placearound 3 p.m. at the intersection of Prospect Street and AmhurstAvenue in south High Point. A van belonging to High Point Family Day Care that was carrying several chi

the news is so old now that they dont have the full story available unless you sign up for some silly account. but basically... there were a couple older people in the van up front - teens. and some young children they were transporting. A car came flying down the side road at about 70 MPH and slammed into the van, spun it around, and flipped it on the side. Two kids were thrown out of the windows from not being properly restrained. The one kid died (the news called it from head injuries, but having been there I can tell you thats a lie. His body was severed below the waist from slamming into a road sign.) they probably still have the baloons tied to that sign today. they were still there the last time I rode by in '08. The other kid who was throw out made it despite having head trauma (bleeding from the ears). A sad story it was... 4 days prior to Christmas. It happened right as I was getting off of work (and right OUTSIDE the plant no less). It was so unreal. I'll never forget that sight. The daycare center lost its license over the incident for failure to protect the children by properly restraining them. The guy who hit the van.... he was having a stroke or a seizure apparently and couldnt control the vehicle. Not sure what kind of ruling was made against him (if any). Perhaps involuntary vehicular manslaughter. But given the mitigating circumstances of his medical condition - who knows. I never found anything out about that.

SO... buckle up for protection. AND for all you parents out there, ensure that those whom you trust your children's life with are keeping them safe!!

mau3genius
14-01-09, 04:31

No need to feel bad about it :p You'll get a new one eventually!
I am an expert at losing or destroying valuable things. I swear, it's like it's in my DNA (like, "OMG? This is new? Whoops.")
I lost 2 expensive rings, I broke my old camera, antique jars, cellphones, PCs, and many more :o
Too many things to mention in one post :vlol:

CerebralAssassin
14-01-09, 04:35
not me specifically but,this coworker of mine in this ground handling company i work in punctured a hole in an airplane with a machine we use to handle the containers!!ouch...the pilot had to cancel the flight and to repair the hole the company had to fork out probs north of 100,ooo euros....ouch!!!

try to beat that people!:)

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-01-09, 04:38
I drove into my house... long story but it damaged the bricks a little bit, not to mention my car. :whi:

mau3genius
14-01-09, 04:55
I drove into my house... long story but it damaged the bricks a little bit, not to mention my car. :whi:

:vlol:! This made me remember one time I crashed my dad's car, without even driving it. I was like 11, and we were arguing over something (can't remember what) and I was so angry that I stepped out of the car, and pushed it forward. Needless to say the car was still on so it crashed to the wall, and the day after that my father had to take it to the mechanic.

-Chromeo-
14-01-09, 05:47
When it comes to electronics, I've never really broken an iPod, cellphone, or computer.
I'm pretty cautious about those things, but I remember accidently breaking the door to window in our house, and let's just say, they had to replace the whole entire window glass because I kinda cracked the rest of it in doing so.
...yeah pretty smart =P

Fish.
14-01-09, 07:16
I broke my brother's wall, if that counts. :p

Voni
14-01-09, 07:43
When I first passed my test back in 2004 I backed my car into the garden wall... argh! At least it was in my own drive so I didn't hit anyone else's car. It's a pain now though because all the rear bumper's dented in and I can't afford to have it fixed!

Betal
14-01-09, 07:49
I dropped my cellphone in the toilet once.

And me and my mom was fighting once so I took a really expensive porcelain vase and threw it out the window. So both the vase and window broke in billion pieces. :p

coolaideonfire
14-01-09, 07:59
Not that I can remember, thankfully!

disneyprincess20
14-01-09, 08:55
My sister took my brand spanking new car (gift from my grandfather) out for a drive and took the wing mirrors clean off on the first drive. I was not amused.

Drone
14-01-09, 10:03
yup I fell on my working laptop (it was in backpack). It was raining and I was bloody drunk. But my boss still was angry. He didn't find any guts in this excuse

:wve:

Rivendell
14-01-09, 10:16
Oh yes.

A few years ago my mum and I went on a daytrip to Turkey (from a greek island).
Part of the tour was in a traditional carpet factory, where little old ladies would sit, spinning and weaving silks all day long into these luxurious, fine, beautifully intricate rugs and carpets of all sizes.

Apparently it could take them anywhere up to, or over a year to make rugs from the size of 2ft x 1ft, upwards.

Rugs like this (http://www.spongobongo.com/em/Bij9453.jpg), all very very fine silk.

So the tour group got taken into a display room, where some guys would pile into the room with heaps of these rugs and try and tempt us to buy one. They layed them all out on the floor, covering every inch of it with amazing pieces of art that took the ladies in the previous room a few decades to make.

The cheapest rugs were upwards of 1000 / 3000. I don't know how on earth they expected to sell them to tourists.
Oh no, wait - Yes I do! By entrapment!

They gave everyone a cup of apple juice. The fool I am, I took one. Drank some of it, and held it in my lap.
Suddenly my leg twitches. Apple juice alllll over one of the priceless rugs.

I'm suddenly frozen in horror. My mum hastily hides the cup and points across the room - "OOH, look at that one, that's gorgeous!" taking everyone's attention away from the wet rug.

Unfortunately the carpet man noticed it was wet, whispered something to his colleague, folded it up and took it out of the room.

We kept our heads down throughout the rest of the tour, (especially when the carpet man started yelling at the tour guide about something we didn't understand but could guess about what). At the end promptly hid back on the bus before escaping, never to return.

:whi: Didn't fancy paying a few grand for a wet rug, to be honest!

Shark_Blade
14-01-09, 10:37
I have my old desktop before, it's got so many problems with the graphic card compatibility, overheating of the CPU, constant crashing (blue screen of death), memory problems...

One day, I had had it.
I kicked the thing until it's broken into pieces and never used it again.

*looks into the sky and sighed deeply*

God, that's was great.

I'm using a latop now and it's so much better. :)

jamieoliver22
14-01-09, 10:47
:whi: Didn't fancy paying a few grand for a wet rug, to be honest!

Nothing worse than having to pay for a wet rug... :whi:

Rivendell
14-01-09, 10:58
:eek: :o :vlol:

Joely-Moley
14-01-09, 14:32
hmm, cell phone in toilet. That killed that.
My first mp3 player, fried the battery because i had it charging for 3 days, thought that it was like normal things when it's fully charged it stops charging but apparently not.

What else, i spilt coke on my bass amp and it didn't like that very much.

Oh and my favourite one, i was out filming with a camcorder and learning over the barrier at the water, and a bird swooped at me, gave me a fright and i dropped my camera in the water. I was not pleased.

MiCkiZ88
14-01-09, 14:36
Except for my golden bracelet (you dont want to know the price), nope..

I thought I did break some priceless statue though (one of the kind), but.. it was already broken. :D

irjudd
14-01-09, 14:37
Never anything expensive.

But I am disturbed by the amount of people who have their cell phone and cameras out in proximity to the toilet. :pi:

Lee croft
14-01-09, 14:38
oo hear we go i can finally tell my story when i was little (about 2 id say) my mum and dad got a new tv! and they went outside for a bit leaving me at home with my sisters and as soon as they backs where turned BANG!!! i pushed the tv over and it made a really big bang that my sisters didnt have to call my mum and dad they heard it from out side hhehehe i cant remeber it myself but i remember my sisters telling me once... mustve been a lousy tv if i could push it over!!

]{eith
14-01-09, 14:40
One of my more expensive mobile phones...

I fell arse over tit down my metal spiral staircase with my phone in hand. It didn't survive. Strangely, I did.

Also dropped one down the toilet, but that's normal...

irjudd
14-01-09, 14:42
{eith;3386044']
Also dropped one down the toilet, but that's normal...
It really isn't normal. It's weird. Even though tons of people seem to do that. It's still weird. Cell phone in the pocket, in the purse, but not out in the open while in the can. :pi:

john_york
Not broken per se, but when I was about 7 I locked the keys inside my Dad's car when my mum was borrowing it. She went into a major panic because my dad would have gone ape if he found out, so she was trying to break into all the doors and the boot with a screwdriver when a policeman drove past and asked what the hell she thought she was doing.

She explained it to him and he got his professional car-breaking-in tools and opened the car up for us. Problem solved! (Dad did notice that most of the locks were pretty screwed over, thanks to screwdriver, though).

digitizedboy
Ah, I remembered once when I accidently spilled a cup of pop over a brand new TV by accident. My parents were sure pleased, but saying that I was only 6 at the time.

]{eith
14-01-09, 14:46
It really isn't normal. It's weird. Even though tons of people seem to do that. It's still weird. Cell phone in the pocket, in the purse, but not out in the open while in the can. :pi:

Yeah but there's a lot of texting that needs to be done if you're going out. And in a small bathroom, that can be hazardous. Mental note; don't shave and text simultaneously. :o

Lee croft
14-01-09, 14:49
Not broken per se, but when I was about 7 I locked the keys inside my Dad's car when my mum was borrowing it. She went into a major panic because my dad would have gone ape if he found out, so she was trying to break into all the doors and the boot with a screwdriver when a policeman drove past and asked what the hell she thought she was doing.

She explained it to him and he got his professional car-breaking-in tools and opened the car up for us. Problem solved! (Dad did notice that most of the locks were pretty screwed over, thanks to screwdriver, though).

hahaha
my coisn's friend did this once then police nearly arrested her!!

irjudd
14-01-09, 14:49
At least close your toilet lid when not using it! Leaving it open is gross dude.

call.me.emo
14-01-09, 15:08
I broke our computer and TR III cd once.
I was playing TR III and suddenly I heard a strange 'BAM!' noice from the driver. The game froze for a sec but then it continued running normally. I looked at the computer and feared the worst. I pushed the eject button with my hand shaking like hell. Well, the worst did happen. The cd was in pieces, I thought the situation couldn't be any worse but it turned out that it could be... As I took the pieces out of the driver and tried to form them back in the cd shape I noticed there were parts missing from it. Yes, the pieces were inside the computer. I turned it off and ran to my bro crying. Let's just say he wasn't very happy about the news.
Oh, and it took around 2 days to get the pieces out of the computer. He had to deconstruct it piece by piece and put it back together...

I still am abit shakey when I put cds in my driver.

lararoxs
14-01-09, 16:17
I have the same camera!:) The picture quality is fantastic!:tmb:

Nope, cant say I have. Sorry to hear about yours though...

trtrailerman
14-01-09, 16:20
do you know how annoying windows movie maker is? I was making a video and all week it had constantly lost all my work :p but then (i was younger and more crazy back then) i picked up one of the speakers and bashed the plasma screen in >_<

disneyprincess20
14-01-09, 16:22
But I am disturbed by the amount of people who have their cell phone and cameras out in proximity to the toilet. :pi:

Actually, you've reminded me that my father has lost not one, but two mobile phones in slurry pits. He leant down to look at it (why look? It's literally a steaming pile of crap, who needs to look at it?!) with his mobile in his top pocket and it fell in. A couple of years later he did it again. He still keeps his current phone in his top pocket. :hea:

Gotta love parents!

do you know how annoying windows movie maker is? I was making a video and all week it had constantly lost all my work :p but then (i was younger and more crazy back then) i picked up one of the speakers and bashed the plasma screen in >_<

:yik: That had to be an expensive hissy fit.....

Trigger_happy
14-01-09, 16:22
When I was real young, I broke the phone. It was a cordless one and it kept ringing, so I took it off the hook and threw it into the full washing up basket. Whoops.

trtrailerman
14-01-09, 16:26
:yik: That had to be an expensive hissy fit.....

actually i think we just got the like screen thing fixed :p oh, wen i was little i also broke my wardrobe coz i used to sit on it and watch my thomas the tank engine clock :confused: i was a strange boy

Joely-Moley
14-01-09, 16:32

haha, well in my case it fell out my jacket pocket and into the toilet...

tombraiderluka
14-01-09, 16:46
I broke a camera once, actually it fell out of the window while i was trying to take a photo of Big Ben :vlol:

spikejones
14-01-09, 16:47

you remind me of the time I was about 10 years old and my dad tried to teach me to drive his stick shift Suzuki Samurai. I managed to get the thing rolling in first gear... around the back of the house (a duplex) and straight into the neighbors porch :D

dad had to rebuild their porch.

haha, well in my case it fell out my jacket pocket and into the toilet...

i had a cell phone fall out of my pocked one time on the top of a mountain at Wintergreen. didnt notice it was gone till I got home and wanted to use it. ooooooops. who knows how many times it got run over before I got it back. it still worked though.

Andromeda66
14-01-09, 17:11
Personally, no. Not broken anything VERY expensive.

But I remember a friend of mine went to play footie with his phone in his back pocket and fell on it. I'm not kidding.

Joely-Moley
14-01-09, 17:18
i had a cell phone fall out of my pocked one time on the top of a mountain at Wintergreen. didnt notice it was gone till I got home and wanted to use it. ooooooops. who knows how many times it got run over before I got it back. it still worked though.

It still worked? Really? That's pretty amazing. My phone died in that toliet, i stood there staring at it for ages deciding if i could really bare putting my hand in there.

Rileigh
14-01-09, 17:19
Erm........I ACCIDENTLY......put a whole in the bottom of my granddads yaucht..........Eek

It sunk gracefully to the murky depths of the Thames.

Hmm, it was only a couple of grand....

peffect
14-01-09, 17:20
http://i44.************/20kx07k.jpg

:(

spikejones
14-01-09, 17:23
It still worked? Really? That's pretty amazing. My phone died in that toliet, i stood there staring at it for ages deciding if i could really bare putting my hand in there.

did the toilet have poopy in it? :confused:

TBH - you can generally revive an electronic device that has been submerged for a bit if you take the battery out, open the case, and let it dry for a couple days. But if you immediately pull it out and start trying to use it ... your chances get worse. I had a friend drop his phone in the sink one time ( he was talking on it with his shoulder pushed up to his ear to hold it in place while he was washing dishes.... dummy move). anyhooo... he bought a new one right away, but lo and behold a few days later I was able to turn the "ruined" one on and browse all the menus. It might have even been able to make a call if he hadnt had that ESN deactivated.

rickybazire
14-01-09, 17:25
Don't think I've broken anything expensive, but today I accidentily deleted an hour's worth of bass recording for my coursework...so now I have to re-record it again...:mad:

Joely-Moley
14-01-09, 17:28
did the toilet have poopy in it? :confused:

TBH - you can generally revive an electronic device that has been submerged for a bit if you take the battery out, open the case, and let it dry for a couple days. But if you immediately pull it out and start trying to use it ... your chances get worse. I had a friend drop his phone in the sink one time ( he was talking on it with his shoulder pushed up to his ear to hold it in place while he was washing dishes.... dummy move). anyhooo... he bought a new one right away, but lo and behold a few days later I was able to turn the "ruined" one on and browse all the menus. It might have even been able to make a call if he hadnt had that ESN deactivated.

haha no, but it was really nasty , and it didn't help that I was pretty wasted at the time.
Yea, actually I remember I had this other phone that was invincible, I dropped it into a lake once and it was fine once it dried out, me being the cluts that I am, it was a brilliant phone, even all the times I dropped it, it still worked perfectly.

Tombreaper
14-01-09, 17:33
Yeah, the window glass of my dad's very expensive car. (by accident)

TRfan23
14-01-09, 17:43
I'm sure I have seeing as I'm very clumsy, just can't remember what I've broken that's expensive.

I do remember an attempt on vandalizing my laptop last September, just because it wouldn't connect to the Internet, so I scrapped the insides of the air vents with a screw driver and bashed each side of my laptop with my fists :( Then it wouldn't load up at all to the log on screen after restarting it, stayed blank, so I had to reinstall the operating disc, still played up :( Then reinstalled again, worked fine after :) But luckily last Christmas I got a stress ball :D

Dark Lugia 2
14-01-09, 18:01
I broke our computer and TR III cd once.
I was playing TR III and suddenly I heard a strange 'BAM!' noice from the driver. The game froze for a sec but then it continued running normally. I looked at the computer and feared the worst. I pushed the eject button with my hand shaking like hell. Well, the worst did happen. The cd was in pieces, I thought the situation couldn't be any worse but it turned out that it could be... As I took the pieces out of the driver and tried to form them back in the cd shape I noticed there were parts missing from it. Yes, the pieces were inside the computer. I turned it off and ran to my bro crying. Let's just say he wasn't very happy about the news.
Oh, and it took around 2 days to get the pieces out of the computer. He had to deconstruct it piece by piece and put it back together...

I still am abit shakey when I put cds in my driver.

Omg, I;ve seen my cousin do that years ago, like, 10? :vlol: the cd went in and came out in pieces, everyone was like wtf O_0?!

Lavinder
14-01-09, 18:07
I broke my dads computer by dropping a whole glass of coke on it, fortunately it was insured - I also broke my PSU, it went boom and smoke came out of it :p.

I went to a party/hangout and left my bag on the floor with my phone in it, and my screen got broken. I got it fixed, then about a week later I got run in to be a car and huge chunks are missing out of it now, and I managed to crack the screen a little :o.

I can't remember what else :p.

TR93
14-01-09, 18:16
I accidentaly broke a piano stall at school today, It collapsed under me...I hope that was not expensive...I hope the teacher never finds out it were me:p...

Paperdoll
14-01-09, 19:03
...I peed on an over 800 year old monastery that is considered to be a world heritage site... :whi:

On the kitchen XD

I was a little kid! (yes, that's my excuse XD)

Los Angeles
14-01-09, 20:04
Well, SEGA was some years ago expensive too. I broke it 3 times, 'cause I was freaked out, that I lost so many times. :D

Encore
14-01-09, 20:52
Omg, I;ve seen my cousin do that years ago, like, 10? :vlol: the cd went in and came out in pieces, everyone was like wtf O_0?!

:vlol: This happened to me as well!! I completely forgot which game it was though... But my reaction, actually, was to laugh histerically for ages. I dunno, it was so cool. :cln: Fortunately there were no pieces left on the computer..

Hermina94
14-01-09, 22:05
where to start.....I even broke a vase in a museum!Let's just say my parents weren't too happy with it

kristi
14-01-09, 22:21
Well,this isn't anything serious,but...
my actual cellphone,a Nokia 6111,is being destroyed day after day by me.
I love playing with it,launching it in the air,screwing the screen by sliding it infinitely etc.

I will convince my parents to buy for me a Nokia 6600 Slide.It's beautiful!

Oh,I remebered.The PC I am writing now is my fifth PC.My first one was an used one.I caused an internal problem that never got solved.

My second one was a Belinea PC.I don't know where it is now..

The third was an HP.I dropped water on the CRT Monitor.And on the opened case...

The fourth one is in my dad's office,unused.I opened the case,moved something,and never worked anymore since then.

So my official damages were worth...about 3000$-3500$(not counting the cellphone in).

Posting more,when I will remeber them.

Larapink
14-01-09, 22:58
I had the same camera :eek: but mine was bright pink but my sister broke it, she's done the same thing to the camera I had before the Casio. I have no idea how she breaks them, I think she just drops them. I have a new camera, I just bought today I don't think I lend it to her, she'll just break it again. :p

Yes I have lost my ipod before, I returned to the place where I dropped it but someone stole it. I lost it at my uni campus, while I was walking to my lecture. :(

I also keep dropping my Dolce & Gabbana glasses when I'm not wearing them they would be on the desk sometimes I knock them with my arm then fall they on the ground, I get really annoyed because they are expensive. :(

Anyway, seriously Matt that is a hot picture of you there. ;)

Tonyrobinson
14-01-09, 23:04
Well I didn't do it but my mum being the saint she is decided to save my dad the hassel in putting up our new 42" and whilst trying to put it onto a bracket she dropped it and it smashed. Luckily we had an insurance warranty on it :tea:

EDIT: And yesterday my friend accidently dropped his mobile over a bridge and it smashed.

Candee Sparks
15-01-09, 00:20
Generally I have this terrific habit of chucking my phone(s) at people's heads. Well, that's the story of how my new Blackberry Storm broke. :p

da tomb raider!
15-01-09, 00:21
The most expensive thing I ever broke was a $60 copy of The Sims for PS2. :p

Shrantellatessa
15-01-09, 01:54
I'm actually a very careful person, I very rarely break something (expensie or not), so I can say that I never "broke something expensive" :wve:

Punaxe
15-01-09, 02:09
Ohh I just remembered, when I was a little kid I once broke one of my dad's hugely-expensive speakers... The worst part was having ruined my dad's listening experience for years to come :( Only recently he finally bought new ones.

MattTR
15-01-09, 02:58

Wow Lord Pidgin, ouch! :( Glad you're okay! :D

Wow, Mel.. just wow. :p :hug:

I dropped my cellphone in the toilet once.

Seconded. :p that happened to my old phone last year actually.. :p

And I would love to quote everyone, but I promise I read them all! Thanks everyone for making me feel better, getting a new camera eventually! :jmp:

Be careful everyone! :tmb:

Lara's Backpack
15-01-09, 05:24
When I was younger I put dozens of rocks from our driveway into the wheel of my Dad's Porsche.

I was sore for a week! :p

call.me.emo
15-01-09, 06:08
:vlol: This happened to me as well!! I completely forgot which game it was though... But my reaction, actually, was to laugh histerically for ages. I dunno, it was so cool. :cln: Fortunately there were no pieces left on the computer..

Yay I'm not the only one! :yah:

Yeah I guess it was pretty cool now that I think of it afterwards.
Though everytime when the computer got slower or the internet had problems, I got told it was my fault (and no matter was it me or not, I always got shouted at because of it), and that stuff is pretty minimal compared to smashing a cd inside the PC, so I was too scared to laugh.
Well, okay, I suppose my first reaction was "WTFLOLOMG?!" and I was a little amused.

innocentvenus
15-01-09, 06:43
I've ripped the handle off a $800 dishwasher and shoulder rammed my front door when I locked myself off. We needed to redo the whole door as well as the dishwasher. :o