PDA

View Full Version : Dont know whether to cry or smile

jaywalker
14-01-09, 10:04
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a142396/chan-in-talks-for-karate-kid-remake.html

Remaking Karate kid.. hmmm not sure on that

Chan as Mr Miyagi.. hmm scarily chan is `older` the Pat Morita was when he played Mr Miyagi.

Anyone else think they should live classics alone and stop remaking them?

jamieoliver22
14-01-09, 10:14
Haven't seen them myself, but the thing about remakes is that everyone gets excited thinking that they are going to be good, good to see them updated. But when it finally comes out, everyone hates it and it gets slated because it isn't like the original. So as remakes are concerned, the originals should be left alone.

george_croft
14-01-09, 10:18
Oh look, Jackie Chan is in it. This movie is bound to reach perfection, he's an amazing actor with a great knowledge of picking great scripts.

No seriously, this sounds like utter crap.

ShadyCroft
14-01-09, 13:11
Leave classics alone !!!

touchthesky
14-01-09, 13:14
...You have GOT to be kidding me.

IceColdLaraCroft
14-01-09, 13:31
How stupid.

If they keep remaking movies and keep producing these really really crappy monthly/semi-monthly teen slasher/horror flicks...there's going to be NO point in seeing movies anymore.

disneyprincess20
14-01-09, 13:37
*Slow motion run, arm outstretched*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sacrilege.

Keir_Eidos
14-01-09, 13:39
Maybe it'll appeal to a new set of fans, but as for those who saw it the first time round I think....

Leave classics alone !!!

.... says it all.

digitizedboy
14-01-09, 14:02
"wax on wax off!"

C'mon they can't seriously use a new Mr Miyagi! Leave it well alone man. lol

Woop Legend!
14-01-09, 14:08
Maybe it'll appeal to a new set of fans, but as for those who saw it the first time round I think....

.... says it all.

So why did you touch Tomb Raider 1?! :p Hahah, sorry just felt like a zing :D

ajrich17901
14-01-09, 14:10
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a142396/chan-in-talks-for-karate-kid-remake.html

Remaking Karate kid.. hmmm not sure on that

Chan as Mr Miyagi.. hmm scarily chan is `older` the Pat Morita was when he played Mr Miyagi.

Anyone else think they should live classics alone and stop remaking them?

ME ME ME Lol i dont even know why they bother with remakes there never as good as the originals. Its just movie companys tryin to milk anything they can out of a series (cough):D

digitizedboy
14-01-09, 14:12
^ Or maybe script writers are running out of fresh ideas. o_o

ajrich17901
14-01-09, 14:12
^ Or maybe script writers are running out of fresh ideas. o_o

That to seein as how everything has already been done o.o

Punaxe
14-01-09, 14:39
Jackie Chan, what are you doing to us? :eek: The Forbidden Kingdom was so bad too... Don't care about Karate Kid, I miss Chan's classics!

touchthesky
14-01-09, 16:27
I don't understand the need to keep re-making these older movies though, really. I mean, there are plenty of plotlines they could use for new movies. Plenty of real-life stories they could showcase..plenty of BOOKS even that could be made into movies.

It's lazy to keep re-making.

SamReeves
14-01-09, 16:48
Welcome to the current world of reboots.

I say don't support them.

rowanlim
14-01-09, 16:50
I'd cry. Karate kid was good enough, Jackie Chan would be better off in serious Chinese martial arts movies.

Encore
14-01-09, 18:28
In theory, I support the remake of classic movies that despite being good, were very limited because of the technology of the time. An example being Clash of the Titans. If done properly (of course), this movie can be absolutely mind blowing today, I'm talking Lord of the Rings epic.

Of course this isn't the case for most of the remakes out there, who basically just want to adapt the classics for today's blockbuster audience - whatever those classics are, even movies that were PERFECT in their day and needed nothing more. This I don't understand and it makes me mad!

Paperdoll
14-01-09, 18:30
O_O

http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/star-wars-darth-vader-nooooooooes1.jpg

Carbonek_0051
14-01-09, 18:35
O_O

http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/star-wars-darth-vader-nooooooooes1.jpg

:vlol:

Agreed:p

trtrailerman
14-01-09, 18:56
everything is figgin re-made these days or has an extra sequel, =_= if they remake alien i'll cry